Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-14-2017, 05:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~AnastasiaGrey~ (View Post)
Yeah after this episode I got hope for them
Me too! I have hope, I will continue to hope for now
Old 02-14-2017, 10:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by girl under the floor (View Post)
Me too! I have hope, I will continue to hope for now
Yeah I think it will
Old 02-15-2017, 02:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I love that you're so hopeful with me Tiana!
Old 02-15-2017, 10:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by girl under the floor (View Post)
I love that you're so hopeful with me Tiana!
I am glad
Old 02-16-2017, 04:07 AM
Master Fan

I'll hold onto everyone's hope, too!

You all watch more TV than I do, and you can predict the outcome of a series or a relationship better than me. So it is a GOOD sign that you are all hopeful!

I am concerned that Emmett is suffering from mental illness and that Bay is lying to Travis (and herself), but I guess we will need to take it one step at a time.

There are still seven episodes for the writers to make things right! I have hope.
Old 02-17-2017, 11:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollibear (View Post)

You all watch more TV than I do, and you can predict the outcome of a series or a relationship better than me. So it is a GOOD sign that you are all hopeful!

I am concerned that Emmett is suffering from mental illness and that Bay is lying to Travis (and herself), but I guess we will need to take it one step at a time.

There are still seven episodes for the writers to make things right! I have hope.
Yeah that is all we can have this point
Old 02-18-2017, 08:53 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollibear (View Post)

Just my 2 cents from what I see from a storytelling point of view, I think Bay and Emmett will be together at the end of the series. It doesn't make sense for it to end any other way. They have been telling Bay and Emmett's story for years now. This is the romantic storyline that most viewers are interested in. We all know John and Kathryn will be fine. Regina and Luca are too new for viewers to be really invested in and Daphne and Mingo have never really been all that serious. Toby and Lily are already married. So the big "will they, won't they" question is Bay and Emmett and I think (hope) they are smart enough to know that if these two don't end up together, they are going to go out in a very negative way with the long time viewers who want a happy ending for Bay and Emmett.
Old 02-19-2017, 10:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I think you're totally right Essa
Old 02-20-2017, 12:16 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by charming_essa (View Post)
Just my 2 cents from what I see from a storytelling point of view, I think Bay and Emmett will be together at the end of the series. It doesn't make sense for it to end any other way. They have been telling Bay and Emmett's story for years now. This is the romantic storyline that most viewers are interested in. We all know John and Kathryn will be fine. Regina and Luca are too new for viewers to be really invested in and Daphne and Mingo have never really been all that serious. Toby and Lily are already married. So the big "will they, won't they" question is Bay and Emmett and I think (hope) they are smart enough to know that if these two don't end up together, they are going to go out in a very negative way with the long time viewers who want a happy ending for Bay and Emmett.
Yeah I couldnt agree more with you on that
Old 02-20-2017, 01:33 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by charming_essa (View Post)
I'm hoping, Essa. I really am hoping.

There is this part of me that fears Lizzy Weiss likes to turn our expectations on our heads, but she has to know how disappointed a legion of Bemmett fans would be, if she did that here at the end. Right?

I still do not see how she can pen a happy ending for Bay and Emmett though, especially with Bay making such a poor decision in the last episode, and Emmett suffering from severe depression and suicidal tendencies.

How does a writer turn THAT into a happy ending? I don't know.

I do hold onto the plot premise of the movie that Emmett and Skye watched together at USC, though.

When Skye discussed it with Emmett, I remember thinking that there MUST be a clue to Bay & Emmett's love story, somewhere in that description:
SUNRISE: A SONG OF TWO HUMANS ~ Bored with his wife (Janet Gaynor), their baby and the dull routine of farm life, a farmer (George O'Brien) falls under the spell of a flirtatious city girl (Margaret Livingston) who convinces him to drown his wife so they can escape together. When his wife becomes suspicious of his plan and runs away to the city, the farmer pursues her, slowly regaining her trust as the two rediscover their love for each other in this award-winning silent classic.
Movie critics had this to say:

By making the peasant girl a seductress from the city and making the rural area where the man and wife lived a hotspot for urban vacationers, Mayer and Murnau were able to form a full circle of give and take that makes the story of Sunrise so complex while remaining simple on the surface. The countryside attracts the woman from the city who falls for the country man. In turn, she wants to take him back to the city where she is in her element and out of the prying eyes of the villagers. The city initially means danger, seduction and sin but, in fact, once the man and wife actually go to the city, their love is renewed by the vitality of the city and all that it has to offer. Sunrise does not condemn one lifestyle over the other but rather, sees them both working together to mold the characters' ideals.

Finally, both Mayer and Murnau agreed that the ending of Sunrise should be different. They wanted the movie not to end with tragedy but with moral resolution. The vamp would return to the city and the man and woman would return to their home, alive and together as the sun rises. In this way, they felt, the countryside and the cityscape would take back their own. The world would once again be in balance and that balance, in the end, would be the resolution.

And this:
"I can recall no other film in which the honest emotion of love has been conveyed so beautifully, and no other film that is such a beautiful entity in itself. Even the titles, which are infrequent, have a simplicity and beauty that parallels the film itself, and often they are presented in strikingly dramatic fashion." - Classics of the Silent Screen: A Pictorial Treasury by Joe Franklin
And this:
The characters were symbolic figures (The Man, The Wife, The Woman from the City) rather than individual personalities. Gaynor remembers how Murnau described her role, "He said that I was to be the spiritual type, but not coldly spiritual. I was to be the kind of woman who is every man's dream of a good wife."

"I'll never forget that first day when he called the three principals together," Gaynor recalled, "and outlined to us his plan for the picture. He was so terribly sincere, as he sat there trying so hard in his halting, though very perfect English, to make his meaning plain. He said Sunrise was to be a study of the melody of life and that the melody was to be expressed by emotion. He wanted to take all the emotions -- the loves, the hates, and the hungers, and even the little whimsical tendernesses -- and blend them all together into one big rhythm."
I still remember Skye's words to Emmett: "The guy tries to kill his wife, but even they got back together in the end." That's got to count for something, right?
Old 02-20-2017, 08:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

Oh I agree amy completely
Old 02-21-2017, 11:15 PM
Part-Time Fan

Good heavens, the Bemmett goodness we got in yesterday's episode was amazing. I knew Emmett wanted Bay back. He brought up their history. The sexyness of the tattoo making was amazing. Bay keeping the truth from Travis about Emmett reeks of her still being in love with him. She's running from her feelings for Emmett as usual.
Old 02-22-2017, 06:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

Old 02-22-2017, 08:28 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysCB (View Post)
Wow! That's beautiful. Their hugs and kisses are the best.

I wish the video was longer. I could watch it right on and on.
Old 02-22-2017, 08:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the video