Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-13-2014, 08:48 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneH (View Post)
I don't think they will ever have Emmett cheat on Bay again unless they wanted to break them up for good (which I don't think the show wants to do). I don't think they could believably come back from that a second time. Plus Emmett certainly wouldn't be able to live with himself if he did that to Bay again.
I think he will spend the rest of his life making up for it. And cherishing her heart. I can't imagine him wanting to live without her as his again.
Old 07-13-2014, 09:05 PM
Dedicated Fan

When do think Bay forgave Emmett?
Old 07-13-2014, 09:47 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bemmett4life (View Post)
When do think Bay forgave Emmett?
It seems to me that it happened in stages. As Bay said, she never stopped loving Emmett, not even for a second. But she did seem to put up a wall to protect herself.

I think the wall starts to crumble, when Emmett signs "I'm so sorry, Bay," at Blue River Road, and then it crumbles a little more when Bay first sees the treasure map and the timeline.

It crumbles still more when Emmett advises Bay about her dad at the motorcycle show, but Robin scares her away.

Real progress is made when Emmett joins John to find Bay near the Mexico border.

I love the symbolism of their scene together at Carlton, when Bay takes Emmett's hand, just like in the picture he painted on her timeline over the words "Bay forgives Emmett." Perhaps that is the moment it really happened. I like to think it is.

But Bay still wasn't ready to take down that wall, even if she had forgiven Emmett. She seemed scared to be more than friends. So Bay dated Noah, but she still asked Emmett to her anti-Valentine's Day party. (I always imagine that Emmett's heart must have broken a bit more to see the black broken hearts and painted roses. He knew he was responsible for that.)

And then, Bay dated Ty, but she still sought out Emmett for help with organizing the Deaf Awareness Day at Maui.

Bay did not need to be the one to work with Emmett. Daphne volunteered three times to do it, but Bay insisted that she be the one to work with Emmett. She didn't want to let him go, even if she was with Ty.

I also believe Bay understood that Emmett's toast was directed to her, as was Emmett's comment when he comforted Bay over Ty's supposed cheating, "However bad you are feeling right now, he's going to feel way worse, when he figures out what he has lost."

To me, all of these things helped the wall tumble down.

Bay grew closer to Emmett as she watched him do the right thing by turning in Matthew for vandalism (especially when Tank did not put a stop to the dog fight at first). Bay grew closer to Emmett when knew how to pull her out of her despair over her hand injury, by taking her to that old-time Vegas setting and helping her with her art. And Bay grew closer to Emmett when he was selfless by advising her to give Tank another chance, because he is here and he likes her and he is trying.

Bay has always known that Emmett is a good person. She has always cared about him. And Bay has always recognized Emmett's talents, what makes him special.

Throughout their separation, Bay was reminded of all these things time and again. Realizing that Emmett was finally moving on with someone new must have made her examine whether or not she was really willing to keep that wall up between them, whether she was really willing to let him go forever.

I don't think she was. If Mandy had turned out to be a wonderful person and Emmett had actually started dating her, I am not sure what Bay would have done.

At first, I do think Bay would have let Emmett go, because I believe that she wants his happiness most of all. She would want him to have a chance at a fresh start, as he said that he wanted.

But if things had gotten serious between Emmett and Mandy, I am not sure if Bay would have reached out to Emmett before it was too late or not.

Bay may have let Emmett go off to Gallaudet with his new girlfriend. But if so, I believe she would always regret that she hadn't reached out to him sooner, before she lost him.

Or Bay may have made a move and asked Emmett if he was interested in trying again with her, before he made a lifetime commitment to someone else. She certainly seemed to indicate that was what she wanted when she told Emmett, "Uh You were right about the Simone cheating thing. If we're gonna ever have a chance I need to let it go and I promise not to bring it up again, ever."

Something tells me Bay wouldn't have let Emmett go forever, without at least asking him if he wanted to try again.
Old 07-14-2014, 09:27 AM
Dedicated Fan

I agree that it happened almost instantly. But she did keep a wall up for a long time. I think her wall began to crumble at the timeline. She had to know how sorry he was and how much he loved her when he did street art after the last time he lost his motorcycle. I think it crumbled again when he showed up at her anti-valentine party. I think he gained major points when he came to Mexico with her dad.

When he told her that he and Mandy were a couple, I think she realized that she was about to lose him. He knocked the wind out of her when he told her.

I think when she actually admitted she wanted a chance was when she let the wall completely crumbled. She deleted Ty's email without reading it, closing that chapter of her life.

I can't even imagine what she would have done if Mandy was real.

Edited to add: I think the fact that she did forgive him so quickly scared her.

Last edited by bemmett4life; 07-14-2014 at 10:33 AM
Old 07-14-2014, 01:40 PM
Addicted Fan

The real truth of this is, Bay did not appreciate another girl sniffing around Emmett, so she had to come to a decision, either make a move or lose him to future girlfriends. She couldn't stand that fact, so she took a chance.
Old 07-14-2014, 02:21 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I think he gained major points when he came to Mexico with her dad.
That was a very important thing he did for her. She had told him previously that she would need more than him writing on a wall to get back with him (by the way it means than in a way she already had planned to be his GF again, she just needed more).

Quote:
When he told her that he and Mandy were a couple, I think she realized that she was about to lose him. He knocked the wind out of her when he told her.
Yes. Before that, she felt that she could keep him hanging on.

Quote:
I can't even imagine what she would have done if Mandy was real.
Probably been very depressed. She might have tried to sleep with Tank in an attempt to forget. But not for long, because even a real Mandy wouldn't have lasted very long with Emmett. he would have soon realized it is not like being with Bay.
Old 07-14-2014, 04:43 PM
Master Fan

I am excited to see Bay & Emmett interact with each other tonight.

I need to see their love.

I hope the writers give us good scenes. We just got them back together, after such a long time apart, and I need more.

I truly do.

#BemmettForever
Old 07-14-2014, 04:54 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollibear (View Post)
I am excited to see Bay & Emmett interact with each other tonight.

I need to see their love.

I hope the writers give us good scenes. We just got them back together, after such a long time apart, and I need more.

I truly do.

#BemmettForever
I need more of them too.
Old 07-14-2014, 06:19 PM
Dedicated Fan

I really hope we get to see more of #bemmett in the upcoming season. We've waited so long. Seriously...more kissing....more sexy talk...I know I know...it's probably too early after Angelo's death to talk about kissing and sex...but we've waited sooooo long!
Old 07-14-2014, 07:17 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I really hope we get to see more of #bemmett in the upcoming season. We've waited so long. Seriously...more kissing....more sexy talk...I know I know...it's probably too early after Angelo's death to talk about kissing and sex...but we've waited sooooo long!
One natural response to a loved one's death is to want to make love as a validation that you are still alive. I doubt the writers of Switched at Birth will go there with Bay & Emmett. But I wish they would.

I'm not sure what the timeline is like this season. Did Bay & Emmett first make love in the fall or in the winter? I feel as though time is moving along, though, and we have little indication of their physical closeness.

I miss that.
Old 07-14-2014, 08:27 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
One natural response to a loved one's death is to want to make love as a validation that you are still alive. I doubt the writers of Switched at Birth will go there with Bay & Emmett. But I wish they would.

I'm not sure what the timeline is like this season. Did Bay & Emmett first make love in the fall or in the winter? I feel as though time is moving along, though, and we have little indication of their physical closeness.

I miss that.
I soooooo miss that. Seriously, watching season 2 over again. Hearing her and Ty talk about it...referencing it, pulling over to do it...gag...I want that with Bemmett. Seeing as they will graduate soon, I'm going to say winter....I miss their closeness, physical and otherwise. I really hope we get more bemmett before seasons over. And I really hope they are together in the Christmas episode and we get to see them couplely. And they haven't even told her parents. I hope he's more present for his funeral. Which begs the question, will they skip from graduation to Christmas?!? Assuming they graduate in May...that's like 6.5 months to skip....this episode just let me wanting more of them.
Old 07-14-2014, 09:51 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I soooooo miss that. Seriously, watching season 2 over again. Hearing her and Ty talk about it...referencing it, pulling over to do it...gag...I want that with Bemmett. Seeing as they will graduate soon, I'm going to say winter....I miss their closeness, physical and otherwise. I really hope we get more bemmett before seasons over. And I really hope they are together in the Christmas episode and we get to see them couplely. And they haven't even told her parents. I hope he's more present for his funeral. Which begs the question, will they skip from graduation to Christmas?!? Assuming they graduate in May...that's like 6.5 months to skip....this episode just let me wanting more of them.
I agree. And yes, I am pretty sure that they will skip ahead from graduation to Christmas, unless they decide to do a special episode and go backwards or forwards in time.

I somewhat understand why the writers are going slow with Bay & Emmett. They want a long, slow burn, rather than to have them flaming hot now, only to burn out later.

But what the writers are forgetting is that they have virtually starved Bemmett fans for two years, and we need some heat right now, this season.

I really hope we get it. The arc of dealing with Angelo's death does not leave a lot of room for it, and it needs to happen now, in the early days of Bay & Emmett's relationship, NOT after they have been together for a year, which is where we will be when Season 4 (hopefully) premieres in January 2015.
Old 07-15-2014, 03:05 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
I agree. And yes, I am pretty sure that they will skip ahead from graduation to Christmas, unless they decide to do a special episode and go backwards or forwards in time.

I somewhat understand why the writers are going slow with Bay & Emmett. They want a long, slow burn, rather than to have them flaming hot now, only to burn out later.

But what the writers are forgetting is that they have virtually starved Bemmett fans for two years, and we need some heat right now, this season.

I really hope we get it. The arc of dealing with Angelo's death does not leave a lot of room for it, and it needs to happen now, in the early days of Bay & Emmett's relationship, NOT after they have been together for a year, which is where we will be when Season 4 (hopefully) premieres in January 2015.
I wanna see her use screen time with Emmett!!!

Last edited by Slayerfan714; 07-15-2014 at 10:54 AM
Old 07-15-2014, 10:57 AM
Elite Fan

Bemmett4life, I edited your post a bit because any info beyond promos right now are considered spoilers. And spoilers aren't allowed on the TV boards as per rules.

We do have a Switched spoiler board where you're free to discuss all the spoilers you would like

The weekend before 3x18 airs either Amy or myself will put up the episode thread with a small synopsis from TVGuide, but that won't be for over a week so for now, the only tidbits that are allowed to be discussed about future episodes are what you see in the promos.

And only the promos. Sneak peeks are considered spoilers.

Hope that helps!
Old 07-15-2014, 11:55 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I wanna see her use screen time with Emmett!!!
I want to see Bay use screen time with Emmett, too.

I am starved for more Bay & Emmett interaction. Truthfully, I have been starved for it for two years, but now, it is as if the show has put it JUST out of my reach.

I can see it. I can feel it. I can smell it. I can taste it.

The writers just aren't letting me hold onto it, YET. Gosh, I hope they do soon.

These moments of profound love ARE great. I am NOT diminishing them. But I need to see Bay & Emmett share some passion, too.

If not, it will soon reach the point where it becomes cruel. Two people do not share what Bay & Emmett shared in that park, and then, turn it off.

I'm all for self-discipline, self-control, the benefits of delayed gratification, etc.

But come on! Enough is enough. I want to see more of Bay & Emmett's love.