Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-08-2014, 05:51 PM
Addicted Fan

it's not just you. it bothers me too.
Old 02-08-2014, 05:54 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah.

Oh well. I guess we should just go with it.

But it sometimes feel like we miss chunks of conversations. Like Bay didn't want Daphne to know about Ty cheating and then we have her telling Daphne she's been cheated on two -- maybe three -- times. Why the maybe. Is she doubting it? And when was she even talking to Daphne about this?

These are the little things that drive me nuts. I don't like feeling like I'm missing the narrative.
Old 02-08-2014, 05:57 PM
Addicted Fan

yes! she was so adamant that no one know. but now daphne knows? does kathryn know now too? does regina?

it's sloppy and i feel like that didn't used to happen? like they are skipping over things a lot more than they ever have before.

the writing used to be tighter.
Old 02-08-2014, 05:58 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerfan714 (View Post)
The issue I'm still having though is, I feel like by saying she keeps throwing it back at him, that he means she won't stop bringing it up and I am just having a difficult time finding examples of that. I completely agree Bay hasn't let it go and Emmett was absolutely right that as long as she is still holding onto it, that they cannot get back together.
That doesn't bother me at all. I interpret it that Emmett can find NO other reason why they are not together other than the fact that Bay won't let it go. I believe Emmett feels as though his entire being has been written off by Bay and filed under the category of "cheater," and because of this, she is not willing to see him as anything other than a friend.

So no, Bay has not yelled out the word "cheater" every time she has seen Emmett on screen. But just like she said to Daphne in the beginning of this episode, every time she has seen Emmett she has told herself, "Resist the temptation. You'll only get burned." And Emmett knows it, too. From Emmett's perspective, Bay might as well have been screaming it, for all the times she resisted and walked (or drove) away from him.

But for me, Emmett's words at the star party have less to do with how Bay sees him (or has seen him) and more to do with how he sees himself when he is with her. And no, that is not Bay's fault. If Bay had been able to accept his love again, it certainly may have helped Emmett to forgive himself. But ultimately, it is his responsibility to forgive himself, and he is not there yet. I believe that is why Emmett told Bay she keeps throwing it at him, because every time Bay is not in his arms, he blames himself.

Quote:
I don't know. I'm afraid I come off as a Bay apologist and maybe I should just keep my mouth shut. I don't want to be perceived that way. I don't hate Emmett. At all. I do love Emmett. I care about him immensely and I'd never want anyone to think I want him to be pining for the rest of his life. I want him to find happiness even if ~gulp~ it isn't with Bay. He deserves it.
It's nice to hear all sides of an issue, because a lot of the time I am still forming my opinions.

I have a really difficult time understanding how Bay could not allow Emmett back into her heart. There is no way I could have "closed the door" on a love like the one that they share, at least not over something like what Emmett did.

One thing nice, as I re-watched the most recent episode several times today, I have realized that when the song plays at the end, Bay is accepting for herself that Emmett is (and always has been) the one who really loves her.

Quote:
I think it's difficult to LOVE a couple as much as we do Bay & Emmett and then also care about them just as much individually. But I know we all do. And it's why we have a difficult time seeing them apart, yet feeling like they still have a bit of growing up to do. I think the bottom line is we all want their happiness.

To be honest, I'm always confused when people hate one half a ship individually. I couldn't do that. I have to like both people separately. That's when it really makes a relationship worthwhile. To me that's saying you only value the person in the ship you do like and that's more important than the other person. As if they only exist to make the other person happy.

Of course I'm not saying you have to love what each half of the ship is doing at every second, because that probably wouldn't be realistic, but I don't think I could ship a couple where I just outright loathe one person. It just feels off to me.

Let me be clear though, I'm not saying that's what anyone in here is doing. I'm saying I get why it's so hard for us with this situation because I feel everyone in here DOES value them as Emmett, and Bay and as EmmettandBay.

Does that make sense?

I'm probably going to end up regretting this whole post and feel stupid

As a last caveat, I think I can understand Emmett not wanting to question Bay's feelings, although to ME, I do think her feelings run deep. Like ocean deep, not kiddie pool deep. I think they run so deep that they scare the crap out of her and so she'd rather have a kiddie pool deep (Oh why am I quoting Caroline Forbes? RIP you once beloved character of mine ) connection (Ty) than an ocean deep one.

Okay, I probably sound ridiculously insane now.
I agree about Bay's feelings running ocean deep for Emmett. Sometimes I fear the writers don't see it the way that I do, though. Oh, how I hope they do, or otherwise, I will be eternally disappointed in their story.

As for the EmmettandBay thing, I can understand people being angry at one or the other of them at any given time, but like you, if someone truly does not like one half of the ship, then that is a lack of faith in the ship as a whole. As you said, it is as if one character's sole purpose for being is to make the other one happy, and that doesn't feel like a ship at all.

It will be interesting to see what happens between Bay and Emmett throughout the rest of this mini-season. My fear is that they will have no more scenes together until the finale. Or even worse, they might not even mention one another until the finale.

I find myself hoping that somehow Bay will see reminders of what she shared with Emmett in the coming episodes. But what if the only thing that the writers give us are moments where Bay remembers what she shared with Ty OR moments where she bonds with Tank?

If Bay has no thoughts of Emmett whatsoever in the upcoming 6 or 7 episodes, then I don't even know what to say.

Last edited by ollibear; 02-08-2014 at 06:07 PM
Old 02-08-2014, 06:05 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
So no, Bay has not yelled out the word "cheater" every time she has seen Emmett on screen. But just like she said to Daphne in the beginning of this episode, every time she has seen Emmett she has told herself, "Resist the temptation. You'll only get burned." And Emmett knows it, too. From Emmett's perspective, Bay might as well have been screaming it, for all the times she resisted and walked (or drove) away from him.
this is a good point.

i actually do have a fear they won't have many scenes together until the end of 3a too. i really hope they not, but that's how it seems to go lately.
Old 02-08-2014, 06:07 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneH (View Post)
yes! she was so adamant that no one know. but now daphne knows? does kathryn know now too? does regina?

it's sloppy and i feel like that didn't used to happen? like they are skipping over things a lot more than they ever have before.

the writing used to be tighter.
Another thing that is very similar in nature is when Emmett says he does not remember Bay's artwork for Ty. He freaked out and stormed out of her bedroom over that artwork. How could he not remember it? Is it sloppy writing, or are we supposed to assume that Emmett said he didn't remember it to check on Bay's current feelings for Ty?

That one bothers me even more than Bay telling Daphne that possibly three boyfriends have cheated on her. At least with that, I can imagine that they had a conversation where she told Daphne about Ty's cheating. This other one over Bay's artwork is just too confusing. Surely the writers must know where that piece of art comes from, so why in the world would they have Emmett say he does not remember it?
Old 02-08-2014, 06:15 PM
Addicted Fan

yes that too! that bothered me as well. i don't believe he would forget.
Old 02-08-2014, 06:19 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollibear (View Post)
That doesn't bother me at all. I interpret it that Emmett can find NO other reason why they are not together other than the fact that Bay won't let it go. I believe Emmett feels as though his entire being has been written off by Bay and filed under the category of "cheater," and because of this, she is not willing to see him as anything other than a friend.

I can certainly see it from this perspective and it does make sense. So, thank you. I do find it helps me to form my opinions, too.

Quote:
But for me, Emmett's words at the star party have less to do with how Bay sees him (or has seen him) and more to do with how he sees himself when he is with her. And no, that is not Bay's fault. If Bay had been able to accept his love again, it certainly may have helped Emmett to forgive himself. But ultimately, it is his responsibility to forgive himself, and he is not there yet. I believe that is why Emmett told Bay she keeps throwing it at him, because every time Bay is not in his arms, he blames himself.
Agreed; it does seem to be more about how he perceives himself. And no, it's not on Bay to help Emmett restore his image, but it would of course be nice it it helped him. Like you said, ultimately it is up to Emmett to decide how he feels about himself and for his own sake, to let it go so he won't be feeling like he isn't good enough around her.

Quote:
It's nice to hear all sides of an issue, because a lot of the time I am still forming my opinions.
Yes, that and I sometimes even change my opinion, too.

Quote:
I have a really difficult time understanding how Bay could not allow Emmett back into her heart. There is no way I could have "closed the door" on a love like the one that they share, at least not over something like what Emmett did.
Ah, see to me I don't think she has ever let him out of her heart or even closed the door, not completely. I've always seen it as a struggle for her and part of her arc. I think this episode telegraphed how scared she is to lose him and when she alluded to wanting another chance at the end (I've noticed some people think it is as friends but I don't) I think it was her finally being brave enough to let Emmett know, even in a roundabout way, that she isn't giving up on them.

I don't think Bay has ever stopped loving Emmett. That hasn't been the issue. I think the issue has been if she has faith in them and herself and him and if that faith is enough to quell the fear of getting burned.

But I get having a difficult time understanding it. Even though (to me) Bay hasn't closed the door, she hasn't gotten back together with him as of yet.

Quote:
One thing nice, as I re-watched the most recent episode several times today, I have realized that when the song plays at the end, Bay is accepting for herself that Emmett is (and always has been) the one who really loves her.
That's true.

Quote:
I agree about Bay's feelings running ocean deep for Emmett. Sometimes I fear the writers don't see it the way that I do, though. Oh, how I hope they do, or otherwise, I will be eternally disappointed in their story.
Me, too.

Quote:
As for the EmmettandBay thing, I can understand people being angry at one or the other of them at any given time, but like you, if someone truly does not like one half of the ship, then that is a lack of faith in the ship as a whole. As you said, it is as if one character's sole purpose for being is to make the other one happy, and that doesn't feel like a ship at all.
Oh, I can definitely understand being pissed at one or both, but yeah. I don't think a character, even one you hate, should only exist for another character's happiness.

Quote:
It will be interesting to see what happens between Bay and Emmett throughout the rest of this mini-season. My fear is that they will have no more scenes together until the finale. Or even worse, they might not even mention one another until the finale.

I find myself hoping that somehow Bay will see reminders of what she shared with Emmett in the coming episodes. But what if the only thing that the writers give us are moments where Bay remembers what she shared with Ty OR moments where she bonds with Tank?

If Bay has no thoughts of Emmett whatsoever in the upcoming 6 or 7 episodes, then I don't even know what to say.
It will be interesting and I have that fear too.

I really am hoping if they don't interact, they at least are thinking about each other.

Quote:
Another thing that is very similar in nature is when Emmett says he does not remember Bay's artwork for Ty. He freaked out and stormed out of her bedroom over that artwork. How could he not remember it? Is it sloppy writing, or are we supposed to assume that Emmett said he didn't remember it to check on Bay's current feelings for Ty?

That one bothers me even more than Bay telling Daphne that possibly three boyfriends have cheated on her. At least with that, I can imagine that they had a conversation where she told Daphne about Ty's cheating. This other one over Bay's artwork is just too confusing. Surely the writers must know where that piece of art comes from, so why in the world would they have Emmett say he does not remember it?
That was bothersome and confusing.

The writing did used to be tighter than this. It does feel as though details are slipping their minds.
Old 02-08-2014, 06:24 PM
Addicted Fan

Old 02-08-2014, 06:32 PM
Elite Fan

The. Feels.

Their children will be beautiful.
Old 02-08-2014, 06:47 PM
Addicted Fan

i kind of love how she hesitates in that second gif. she know what she's implying about them in the future and she wants them to have another chance. <3
Old 02-08-2014, 06:50 PM
Elite Fan

She's finally saying it! And letting go.
Old 02-08-2014, 06:54 PM
Addicted Fan

now we just have to take care of this ty business. and whatever is happening with mandy.
Old 02-08-2014, 07:21 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneH (View Post)
now we just have to take care of this ty business. and whatever is happening with mandy.
I actually think the Ty business is taken care of. Even if his secret comes out, I believe Bay already made her decision when she deleted his e-mail. I will be surprised if her character entertains any more thoughts about rekindling a romance with him. I do believe Bay has closed the door on Ty.

It is possible that Emmett may not feel worthy of Bay, if Ty's secret comes out, though. I hate that.

You know what I love? I love the moment when Emmett closes his locker and sees Bay's face, larger than life, right before him. I am not sure if that moment was scripted, or if it was a decision of the director, but to me, it is a perfect moment.

Emmett is so deeply in love with Bay. He is so head-over-heels enraptured by her. I do believe that is the way Emmett sees Bay. It is as if he is walking through his life, and at any given moment, there she is.

At every given moment, there she is.

This time, the audience was able to experience that, through Emmett's eyes. Bay is ever-present in his life. Bay haunts Emmett. Everywhere he goes, she is there. Sometimes, as in this case, Bay is literally there. But even when Bay is only there figuratively, Emmett sees her. Bay is always with him.

I love that.
Old 02-08-2014, 09:58 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy
You know what I love? I love the moment when Emmett closes his locker and sees Bay's face, larger than life, right before him. I am not sure if that moment was scripted, or if it was a decision of the director, but to me, it is a perfect moment.

Emmett is so deeply in love with Bay. He is so head-over-heels enraptured by her. I do believe that is the way Emmett sees Bay. It is as if he is walking through his life, and at any given moment, there she is.

At every given moment, there she is.

This time, the audience was able to experience that, through Emmett's eyes. Bay is ever-present in his life. Bay haunts Emmett. Everywhere he goes, she is there. Sometimes, as in this case, Bay is literally there. But even when Bay is only there figuratively, Emmett sees her. Bay is always with him.

I love that.
Yes!! That is a great moment for sure.

He is so deeply in love with her and she's always with them.

I love it too, that he sees her that way; that she haunts him. It's such a powerful love.