Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-12-2014, 04:42 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollibear (View Post)
Hi, Carrie.

That scene is one of my favorites from the entire series, too. It's exquisite.

Here's the interview. I am curious what Gilles Marini says about Sean Berdy and Katie Leclerc. The video is about halfway down the page:

Switched At Birth ce soir sur 6ter, Gilles Marini se confie à melty.fr ! (EXCLU) | melty.fr
Ta! I looked for the link for ages earlier, and couldn't find it.

They talk a bit about what made him want to play Angelo, and the impact the show has had for the Deaf community.

The interviewer points out that he seems inspired by the show, but that his character does not sign. She asks if working with actors like Sean and Katie has inspired him to want to learn ASL.

He says that he and Sean are "like that" (fingers crossed to denote closeness). He says Sean is like his little brother, and he is as nice as they come. He goes on to say that Sean is literally deaf, and reads lips, which is very difficult. And that he has an extraordinary sensitivity.

Katie plays an extraordinary role. He has the impression that, while people think she plays the role really well, that they might think it's difficult to play a Deaf character, but it's not for her. She is just an extraordinary actress, who has some experience/history of this (by "à ce niveau-là", I assume he is referring to her Ménière's diagnosis, as well as her prior knowledge of ASL).

He also says he made a conscious choice not to learn ASL, as his character has not learned it. He wants to keep it real, and portray the struggle (to communicate, I assume).

That's a run through on the basis of a quick watch last thing at night. I will watch it again tomorrow, to see if I've missed anything vital, I think

He definitely likes the word "extraordinaire"

On the matter of kiss survivor, 12 certainly has to go. Too painful by far.
Old 01-12-2014, 04:53 PM
Master Fan

For those following along with the Bay/Emmett Kiss Survivor, that's FIVE votes for Kiss #12. With another few votes, we may have our first kiss voted off the island.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassias (View Post)
Ta! I looked for the link for ages earlier, and couldn't find it.

They talk a bit about what made him want to play Angelo, and the impact the show has had for the Deaf community.

The interviewer points out that he seems inspired by the show, but that his character does not sign. She asks if working with actors like Sean and Katie has inspired him to want to learn ASL.

He says that he and Sean are "like that" (fingers crossed to denote closeness). He says Sean is like his little brother, and he is as nice as they come. He goes on to say that Sean is literally deaf, and reads lips, which is very difficult. And that he has an extraordinary sensitivity.

Katie plays an extraordinary role. He has the impression that, while people think she plays the role really well, that they might think it's difficult to play a Deaf character, but it's not for her. She is just an extraordinary actress, who has some experience/history of this (by "à ce niveau-là", I assume he is referring to her Ménière's diagnosis, as well as her prior knowledge of ASL).

He also says he made a conscious choice not to learn ASL, as his character has not learned it. He wants to keep it real, and portray the struggle (to communicate, I assume).

That's a run through on the basis of a quick watch last thing at night. I will watch it again tomorrow, to see if I've missed anything vital, I think

He definitely likes the word "extraordinaire"

On the matter of kiss survivor, 12 certainly has to go. Too painful by far.
Oh, Carrie, thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!

I love that Gilles and Sean are close. That warms my heart so much. I just have this sixth sense about both of them that they are really good people. Katie Leclerc, too, I believe she is a real sweetheart.

It doesn't surpise me, though. I believe the writers, cast, and crew are "extraordinaire" as Gilles likes to say.
Old 01-12-2014, 04:57 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollibear (View Post)
Welcome Sabe!

My name is Amy. I am so glad you are joining us.

Is everyone ready for tomorrow night's Season 3 Premiere?

I am!
Hiiii!! Thank you. I've been lurking for a while and decided since the new season is almost here I should join in as well. I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who posts information and GIFs, it's nice to be able to come here and really soak up all things Bay/Emmett.
Old 01-12-2014, 05:00 PM
Addicted Fan

welcome! i love when more people join in.

what gilles said about sean is cute.

i really want to see emmett and angelo have a scene together.
Old 01-12-2014, 05:27 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

The survivor looks awesome thank you so much! I vote for #12 too
Old 01-13-2014, 02:08 PM
Elite Fan

Wow!

Glad to see this thread hopping

Survivor looks great. I'm voting for 12 too.
Old 01-13-2014, 07:18 PM
Addicted Fan

not a great start to the season B/E-wise since bay was crying about ty the whole. to be expected I guess.

I really loved that scene between them in 2x21 where she goes to his house, but this episode seemed to ruin it a bit for me. which sucks.
Old 01-13-2014, 07:36 PM
Elite Fan

I liked their scene in the beginning though.

Emmett liking being there for Bay and Bay saying she can't keep going to him over other guys.

I wish there had been more, but I'm sure there will be.
Old 01-13-2014, 07:41 PM
Addicted Fan

yeah it was nice that he wanted to make sure she's okay. but it does seem like her feelings for him are very platonic right now.

is number 12 voted out then? I know which kiss I want to vote out next.
Old 01-14-2014, 12:37 AM
Addicted Fan

Very impatient with how little #Bemmett exposure we get.

One measly scene and it's about Emmett being there for Bay over Ty. If this is all I have to look forward to, tell me now.
Old 01-14-2014, 11:54 AM
Elite Fan

Sorry, Sabe I forgot to say welcome to the thread earlier. My name is Alyssa, and I hope you continue to post.

I think 12 is done. We got seven votes for it.

Shall we move onto the next round?
Old 01-14-2014, 04:25 PM
Addicted Fan

i think we should go to the next round.

i felt like there were subtle emmett references last night?

in 2x21 bay couldn't understand and had asked emmett how sex could mean nothing, then in 3x01 bay wanted to hook up with that guy and have it mean nothing.

then when she was talking about how ty could do that to her and doesn't even seem to care. doesn't he regret hurting her etc etc etc.

it made me think about emmett anyway.
Old 01-14-2014, 05:36 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneH (View Post)
i felt like there were subtle emmett references last night?

in 2x21 bay couldn't understand and had asked emmett how sex could mean nothing, then in 3x01 bay wanted to hook up with that guy and have it mean nothing.

then when she was talking about how ty could do that to her and doesn't even seem to care. doesn't he regret hurting her etc etc etc.

it made me think about emmett anyway.
Maybe I have an overactive imagination. Or maybe it is just wishful thinking on my part. But I felt that there were MORE than subtle Emmett references throughout the episode last night. I felt like the writers were banging us over the head with thoughts of Emmett, much to my delight.

It almost makes me wonder if the writers are foreshadowing The Season of Emmett.

Yes, to Bay not understanding how sex could mean nothing when she talked to Emmett, and then, wanting to hook up with that guy and have it mean nothing!

Yes, to Bay wondering how Ty could do that to her and not even seem to care. She must realize that Emmett cares.

One day, I hope Bay will realize that there is a DIFFERENCE between Ty and Emmett, and that Emmett does care. Someone sincerely caring about you is special and should never be taken for granted.

Also, did you notice Kathryn told John "I think Bay would rather see pigs fly than go back there" to Buckner? That's exactly what Emmett said to Bay, one year ago, as Season 2 premiered. When Bay said she wished Emmett went to Buckner, Emmett said, "Sorry to break this to you, but pigs are going to fly before that happens." I think the writers had Kathryn say that to illustrate that Bay and Emmett have so much in common. Pigs will fly before either of them will ever go to Buckner again.

And finally, the ending sequence had me wondering if Bay was going to call Emmett to pick her up at the frat house. And I do not believe I am the only one who thought that. It seems intentional on the part of the writers.

I love that, in the end, Bay called Toby. And I love that Daphne tagged along. It was reminiscent of the pilot episode when Bay left the police station, and Toby came to rescue her, but this time, Bay's family has grown. This time, Bay has TWO siblings. That's so awesome. I especially adore that Bay identifies herself as a Vasquez Sorrento, and that it is obvious Toby and Daphne are both Kennish through and through.

BUT when Tank asks Bay if she has someone to call, my mind immediately went to Emmett (especially the way Emmett used to be there to rescue Daphne in situations just like this one in Season 1A).

At first, we see Toby and Daphne talking field hockey. So in my mind, I think, "They're occupied. Bay is not calling them." Then we see Regina and Angelo, as he is apologizing. So I think, "Bay is not calling them." Then we see Kathryn and John in bed, so I think, "Bay is not calling them." At that point, I really believed that Emmett might just be who Bay called for help, and he would ride up on his motorcycle like he did in the AU, hand Bay a helmet, and they would ride off together.

I am glad that Bay did not ask Emmett to do that, though. I am glad the show ended just the way it did. To me, it was a perfect ending to this episode.

But I REALLY do believe that the writers intended for Emmett to be on our minds. It's difficult for me to imagine that viewers (and especially Bemmett fans) would not be thinking about Emmett in those moments.

It really does illustrate how far away from Bay Emmett's cheating has taken him. Emmett and Bay still have a connection, sort of an awkward friendship, I guess. But it is nothing like what it once was. They don't even seem to have as close of a friendship as they did a year ago, when Bay first joined Carlton.

Emmett and Bay drifted apart over the summer.

If nothing else, Emmett will always be Bay's switchster's best friend and her brother's bandmate, so I guess that's something.

Emmett will always have some sort of role in Bay's life. But Bay has a big family and a couple of friends, now, and Emmett certainly doesn't have the role he used to have anymore.

It's sad, but I guess it's life. Bay just couldn't get past Emmett's cheating.

To me, it almost seemed like Bay could get past Ty's cheating, if he would only give her a chance. Did anyone else have that impression, too?

Bay was trying to protect Ty's reputation with Regina and Daphne. The only reason I can think of might be because Bay doesn't want them to know in case she and Ty get back together.

At this point, after having three guys break her heart, do you think Bay would take Ty back?

If so, why do you believe Ty means more to Bay than Emmett did?

Do you believe Bay honestly loved Ty more deeply than she ever loved Emmett?

Do you believe Ty means more to Bay, because she had a sexual relationship with him?

Do you believe Ty means more to Bay, because he's not trying to get her back and that's confusing her?

What does everyone believe is going on?

The writers have finally convinced me that although Bay's feelings for Emmett are true, she does not love him with the same kind of romantic love she feels for Ty.

In Bay's mind, both Emmett and Ty did pretty much the same thing to her, and it is obvious to me that she would take Ty back in a heartbeat.

Bay never felt that way about Emmett. She closed the door on anything romantic with him. Why would Bay be so steadfast in her declaration that Emmett ripped the fabric apart, and yet, seem so open to allowing Ty to make amends?

Last edited by ollibear; 01-17-2014 at 07:47 PM
Old 01-14-2014, 06:41 PM
Loyal Fan

I enjoyed the brief scene Emmett and Bay shared . I'm so over Bay mopping over Ty; I mean if thats all Bay is going to do this season I just might have to take a break .
Old 01-15-2014, 05:36 PM
Addicted Fan

i know there isn't much positivity right now, but i thought we could add this to the list of future thread titles. from a new vanessa interview.

"They're the couple. They are the couple"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAwwNelPi20 she talks about the new season so it can be considered spoilerish if you watch it.