Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-28-2013, 09:53 PM
Addicted Fan

don't make me cry! it needs to happen.

it does seem like they are waiting until they are done with high school before they decided to put them back together.

it's sad that we'll never know what their relationship could have been like or how it could have evolved if they hadn't broken up the way they did. there are still so many big relationship moments that we didn't get to see.

but on the other hand, i think the next time they are together will be much deeper and more adult and it will be really beautiful to see how that new relationship evolves too.
Old 10-29-2013, 12:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneH (View Post)
but on the other hand, i think the next time they are together will be much deeper and more adult and it will be really beautiful to see how that new relationship evolves too.
i am so on your side here
Old 10-29-2013, 08:07 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
don't make me cry! it needs to happen.

it does seem like they are waiting until they are done with high school before they decided to put them back together.

it's sad that we'll never know what their relationship could have been like or how it could have evolved if they hadn't broken up the way they did. there are still so many big relationship moments that we didn't get to see.

If it doesn't happen....I don't even have the words. Just a huge huge disappointment. And I'd have a hard time justifying why. I would try not to be disrespectful but I'd have to question what story the writers were trying to tell and what was the point of it all.

But I'm going to try and stay positive, though with each passing season I tinker on the brink of just giving up altogether, and think it will happen this season, even if it is the end.

I agree that it is sad that we'll never know what their relationship could have been or how it would have evolved, but I also agree that their next go around (please please please!!!!) will be deeper and more adult as you say. I think it'll be just as beautiful as their old one.

Innocence is sweet, but maturity is sexy. That is how I'm looking at it. They were always passionate, but it was also a bit chaste. Waiting for them to graduate high school and be 'adults' really does seem to be what they are going for and their next relationship will be more passionate.
Old 10-29-2013, 08:35 PM
Addicted Fan

yes that is a good way to look at it. sweet vs sexy.
Old 10-30-2013, 02:06 PM
Elite Fan

All of the sudden I'm feeling bleak about these two

Anyone want to cheer me up?

I don't know. Part of me thinks it'll happen this season, but at the very end, but then another part thinks are they really going get these two back together going into college when most shows use that as a time for the characters to meet new people? And I mean in a romantic sense.

I find a lot of shows are like "Well maybe high school couples don't last in college" and use freshman year of college as a way play with that.

Sigh. I don't know.

I really can't fathom having to wait another two full season to get these two as a couple again

It's not just about them getting back together. It's about seeing all the moments we missed. It's why I loathe last minute series finale reunions because it's like yay you got your couple, but that's not all I want for them. I want to see their relationship flourish. I don't want a last second flash forward to their future, which coupled with seeing their relationship evolve would be fine, but just having them get back together last second wouldn't be enough for me. And I don't think it's enough for everyone else, at least not when it comes to these two.

Sorry! I know. Debbie downer here.

Reassure me please!
Old 10-30-2013, 03:38 PM
Addicted Fan

i understand the worry.

i see a couple things happening. they put them back together during season 3 and then use season 4 college drama to break them up. again.

or they use all of season 3 to build them and put them back together at the very end of season 3 and use season 4 for drama but keep them together.

i guess at this point i'd rather go with the 2nd option. either way there will be drama and another potential break up. but ita that a last minute endgame isn't satisfying at all. there is still so much left to show between them, they still have so many first that we haven't seen, that i can't imagine their plan is a last minute endgame situation.

but i def do not want a 2 episode build then endgame (friends) or a dumb flash-forward where they get married (gossip girl).
Old 10-30-2013, 04:08 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
i understand the worry.

i see a couple things happening. they put them back together during season 3 and then use season 4 college drama to break them up. again.

or they use all of season 3 to build them and put them back together at the very end of season 3 and use season 4 for drama but keep them together.

i guess at this point i'd rather go with the 2nd option. either way there will be drama and another potential break up. but ita that a last minute endgame isn't satisfying at all. there is still so much left to show between them, they still have so many first that we haven't seen, that i can't imagine their plan is a last minute endgame situation.

but i def do not want a 2 episode build then endgame (friends) or a dumb flash-forward where they get married (gossip girl).
Sign me up as a second option fan, too! And it's really where I see the writers going. Never in my experience have a set of writers given so many clues that a couple is meant to be. And I don't see these writers being lame. These writers are ballsy.

Time and again these writers have done the bold move, for instance, marrying Toby and Nikki. I must have read over 1000 times on facebook that OF COURSE, Toby and Nikki will NOT marry. I read it on this board once or twice, too. And Toby and Nikki DID marry. I knew they would. Certain things, you can just FEEL. It's intuition. The Switched at Birth writers have literally written Emmett & Bay's destiny on the wall. I don't think they will reunite them in the series finale. That would be cowardly. These writers are just too courageous for that.

Speaking of courage, I see the Switched at Birth writers bucking the system in Season 3 and shocking viewers who are used to what ABC Family typically presents. It's just a feeling that I have based on everything that has happened in the first two season. These writers are feeling their oats, and I couldn't be happier about it.
Old 10-30-2013, 04:12 PM
Addicted Fan

what do you mean by shocking?
Old 10-30-2013, 04:19 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
what do you mean by shocking?
I believe the writers are going to tackle subjects that are traditionally not tackled on ABC Family. I don't mean they will tackle them with the Emmett & Bay relationship, just in general.

It makes me happy, because from what I have seen in the first two seasons, the writers do a GREAT job of presenting different points of view. The writers never seem to make a decision for the viewers or present the issue as black and white. I have felt they have always shown all of the shades of gray.

The difficulty is that some people want things presented black and white, and they want it presented black and white to support their point of view. But I LOVE seeing all the shades of gray.

Emmett's cheating on Bay is one example of a shocking storyline. Not that other ABC Family shows don't present characters cheating, they do. But I have not seen any other ABC Family shows that have presented cheating in such a way that the shades of gray surrounding the issue are truly illuminated.
Old 10-30-2013, 04:30 PM
Addicted Fan

yeah emmett's cheating was shocking.

and to be honest i've never seen it portrayed like that, especially with a couple that is supposed to be 'the great love of the show'. it was very brutal and very cold.

i guess i've never really shipped couples who have cheated on each other, and still ended up together.
Old 10-30-2013, 05:53 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
i understand the worry.

I want the second option, too.

Yeah, I don't really see a last minute endgame either. It's just this fear, an irrational one at best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollibear (View Post)
Sign me up as a second option fan, too! And it's really where I see the writers going. Never in my experience have a set of writers given so many clues that a couple is meant to be. And I don't see these writers being lame. These writers are ballsy.

Time and again these writers have done the bold move, for instance, marrying Toby and Nikki. I must have read over 1000 times on facebook that OF COURSE, Toby and Nikki will NOT marry. I read it on this board once or twice, too. And Toby and Nikki DID marry. I knew they would. Certain things, you can just FEEL. It's intuition. The Switched at Birth writers have literally written Emmett & Bay's destiny on the wall. I don't think they will reunite them in the series finale. That would be cowardly. These writers are just too courageous for that.
If only Amy were writing for this show. Not that LW and the other writers aren't good and talented; they are, but you see Bay & Emmett in such a way that makes it all

So, are you saying it's your intuition that Bay and Emmett are meant to be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollibear (View Post)
I believe the writers are going to tackle subjects that are traditionally not tackled on ABC Family. I don't mean they will tackle them with the Emmett & Bay relationship, just in general.

It makes me happy, because from what I have seen in the first two seasons, the writers do a GREAT job of presenting different points of view. The writers never seem to make a decision for the viewers or present the issue as black and white. I have felt they have always shown all of the shades of gray.

The difficulty is that some people want things presented black and white, and they want it presented black and white to support their point of view. But I LOVE seeing all the shades of gray.

Emmett's cheating on Bay is one example of a shocking storyline. Not that other ABC Family shows don't present characters cheating, they do. But I have not seen any other ABC Family shows that have presented cheating in such a way that the shades of gray surrounding the issue are truly illuminated.
I agree, but I'm curious as to what you think the shades of gray were. I mean, I DO agree Emmett's cheating wasn't presented as he's evil, they are done forever. Is that what you meant?

And yes, some people want it to be black and white.

Although this is going to sound completely hypocritical, but....if it's a couple I like or even love as much as Bay and Emmett, I do see the shades of gray; however, if it's a couple I loathe and there are some, I don't care if it was a one night stand, no cheating, whatever. Just get OFF my screen. Maybe that sounds terrible and I'm not talking about any couples on here, but on other shows where these couples have been presented as THE couple and they are 100% grade A awful that I could care less what breaks them up. I'm just not here for it in any way, shape, or form. So, I think it does depend on how you feel, too. It's hard to make exceptions or justify when a couple literally makes you and I've had many. Obviously not Bay and Emmett, but not every show is written as well as this show or Bay & Emmett's story.

That's also a big part of it. Some couples have chemistry but the writing is just terrible and it's hard to get behind them. Or some couples have the writing but no chemistry. Or the writing sucks and the chemistry isn't there either.

Of course none of that applies to Bay & Emmett.
Old 10-30-2013, 06:58 PM
Addicted Fan

everyone has NOtps! i know i do! get them out of my eye sight.

and yes bay/emmett have chemistry and (most of the time) good writing. hopefully the writers do know where they want them to go and do have a bigger picture in mind.

i guess we'll just have to try and trust them? which is always hard when it comes to tv.
Old 10-30-2013, 07:32 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
everyone has NOtps! i know i do! get them out of my eye sight.

and yes bay/emmett have chemistry and (most of the time) good writing. hopefully the writers do know where they want them to go and do have a bigger picture in mind.

i guess we'll just have to try and trust them? which is always hard when it comes to tv.
Exactly

And especially when the NOtp is standing in your OTP's way?

It's like this basically:

Half of your OTP cheated = But you love each other! You can work it out! You can rebuild the trust! You're meant for each other!

Half of the NOtp cheats = What? He/she made out with that person? Dump them! It was not just a kiss! It meant something!

But I completely acknowledge I am a hypocrite. So, there.

And yeah, it is hard to trust.
Old 10-31-2013, 04:16 PM
Master Fan

I wish Emmett & Bay could go back to the start. I miss this moment and all the ones that follow.
Old 11-01-2013, 04:05 PM
Addicted Fan

they had such perfect moments! whyyy would they ruin that.