Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-11-2015, 11:24 AM
Elite Fan

Bump to talk about Chasing Life.

Anybody else watch that? I didn't like it at first, but now I do. I wouldn't consider myself a hard core fan, but when it's on after The Fosters I watch and enjoy it.

Speaking of, I wonder when ABCFam will release their summer schedule. I would suspect soon.
Old 04-11-2015, 11:51 AM
Addicted Fan

i'm wondering about their schedule. they have some new shows premiering so where are they all going to fit?

i watched a couple episodes of chasing life, but it didn't hook me.
Old 04-11-2015, 11:59 AM
Elite Fan

I don't know how it'll fit either. Something might get bumped.

Their current (hour) shows:

PLL
SAB
The Fosters
Chasing Life

Then they have the comedies:

Baby Daddy
Young & Hungry
Melissa & Joey (got canceled but still has more episodes to air)

The comedies are usually on their own nights though.

New shows coming:

Stitchers
Gorgeous Morons
Shadowhunters
Beyond

Gorgeous Morons is a comedy. Shadowhunters, Beyond & Shadowhunters all seem to be in the realm of sci fi/fantasy.

And I think there was another show ABCFam is looking to green light with Marlene King, Famous In Love.

We'll see what they decide to do. They've done fall before. SAB had a fall run. I think Ravenswood did too. And they used to do spring runs too. IIRC, Secret Life used to take over after shows ended in March.

ETA:

They also have unscripted shows like Becoming Us.
Old 04-14-2015, 02:51 PM
Banned

ABC Family Announces Development Slate and Summer Premiere Dates

**Some slightly spoilerish information regarding SAB**
(Mods can decided if it is allowed to talk about since it kind of general and not specific towards any character)

Spoiler:
Old 04-14-2015, 03:50 PM
Part-Time Fan

So I guess that the season will NOT begin during the Summer months, if college is still going on. Apparently, Daphne and Mingo will be an item - but she CANNOT fail again.
Bay, unless SHE is the one who is pregnant, will probably have to face Tank again.
I'm not quite sure what fall out there could be regarding her breakup with Emmett, unless it has something to do with his movie.
As I said, Bay could be pregnant with Tank's child. I hope not, but maybe. She would probably keep it. I wonder if he would support it.
I guess Daphne could be pregnant. She would probably have an abortion.
It's possible that either Kathryn or Regina would be pregnant.
Or it could be Lily.
Old 04-25-2015, 10:59 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by John S (View Post)
So I guess that the season will NOT begin during the Summer months, if college is still going on. Apparently, Daphne and Mingo will be an item - but she CANNOT fail again.
Bay, unless SHE is the one who is pregnant, will probably have to face Tank again.
I'm not quite sure what fall out there could be regarding her breakup with Emmett, unless it has something to do with his movie.
As I said, Bay could be pregnant with Tank's child. I hope not, but maybe. She would probably keep it. I wonder if he would support it.
I guess Daphne could be pregnant. She would probably have an abortion.
It's possible that either Kathryn or Regina would be pregnant.
Or it could be Lily.
All of those characters are possibilities for a pregnancy.

I still feel as though, no matter which character might be pregnant, someone will go all the way through with an abortion. The bad thing is that I really do not want to see an abortion. I understand that abortions exist, just like I understand that cheating, aneurysms, death, and rape exist, but I don't want my nose rubbed in so much negativity all of the time.

There has to be some balance. Doesn't there?

I've managed to keep somewhat of a balance in my own life, but Switched at Birth is starting to make me anxious that I won't be able to maintain it much longer.

And even if I won't be able to maintain it, even if that depressing place represents the real world, what benefit is served by forcing me to face it, before I have to face it.

I'd rather have an escape.

There has been too much depressing stuff on Switched at Birth.

There haven't been enough lighthearted, happy moments.

Speaking of sadness, does anyone watch Gray's Anatomy? I haven't watched an episode, not ever. But I remember hearing about it, years ago when it premiered.

I know that there was a doctor nicknamed "McDreamy" and another one nicknamed "McSteamy." From recent press, I take it that McDreamy died this week.

And I read that people have been shipping him with the female lead for 11 years?

That's harsh and depressing that he would die.

I mean, I know it happens in real life. It happened to my mom.

And I love authenticity in television, BUT, come on. Angst is great as long as there is some sort of an anchor remaining to cling. It sounds like the writers ripped that anchor right out from under fans of this couple, after 11 years.

That's so sad.

What is it with TV writers these days? Don't they know that many, many people are looking for an anchor right now.

There is a desperate need for one in society, at this moment. We used to have that sort of anchor in soap opera super couples, and those have disappeared off the landscape.

If a show gave fans the right couple and really made what they share solid, that show would reap the benefits of high ratings today. People are CRAVING it.

This excerpt isn't related to ABC programming, but an actor died this week, Jonathan Crombie, who played Gilbert Blythe in the mini-series Anne of Green Gables, and I loved him so much.

Like Emmett to Bay, Gil was loyal to Anne, even though she spurned his love, for many years.

At one point in the mini-series, Gilbert is engaged to marry another woman. Anne returns home, when she hears he has fallen ill and may die. I am including the complete scene, in a second clip, but first, here is an overview of their relationship. It's beautiful. Please watch, if you haven't ever seen it:

Here is the complete scene of Anne's return, when Gilbert is ill, if you are interested:

"There will never be anyone for me, but you."
See couples CAN have angst and still have each other, too. It happens in the real world as well. I have seen many examples of good marriages.

Why can't TV make a good romantic relationship the centerpiece of a drama more often these days?

It's almost as if there is a war on marriage and/or romantic love. Friendship and familial love are both great, too, but what gives?

Romantic love has my heart. It always will.

Why are all of the writers attacking it these days? Is it anger?

Will romantic love even survive? I sure hope so.

I see romantic love as the foundation for all the other types of love. I don't want it to disappear.
Old 05-07-2015, 12:26 PM
Part-Time Fan

The new sci-fi show Stichers begins on June 2. Maybe some of their other shows will begin around there also.
Old 05-10-2015, 07:49 AM
Master Fan

I've never seen an episode of Grey's Anatomy, but I have heard lots about it over the years.

Yesterday, I just found out that my sister has watched Grey's Anatomy, since the very beginning. I never knew that. We never discussed it.

My sister told me that she deleted the recent death episode off of her DVR without ever watching it. She hasn't watched the episodes that have come after it, either.

She is not some young teenager. She's almost 20 years older than me. She can handle life. She has seen and experienced a lot over the years. She is not some delicate flower. She is a writer herself.

My sister just did not want to see that kind of sadness on her screen, after following the show since the very first episode. She said that she is familiar with the writer of Grey's Anatomy, and that the writer is known for liking to shock her audiences.

It sounded to me, as if my sister thought this most recent turn on Grey's Anatomy was more about the shock than it was about good storytelling.

That's sad to me.
Old 08-29-2015, 08:06 AM
Master Fan

How did people feel about the season finale of The Fosters?

How do people feel about the most recent turn of events on Chasing Life?

Did anyone watch Stitchers?
Old 08-29-2015, 09:44 AM
Elite Fan

I like the finale of The Fosters, although Brandon/Callie will never not bug me. Sometimes you just feel a pairing; sometimes you don't. It was left off on a good note, mostly, which I liked. Not too many huge cliffhangers. Mostly I was glad Stef and Lena talked about much needed stuff.

I need to catch up on Chasing Life. I feel like I've been "watching" but not really watching. Anyone have those types of moments with shows?

Stitchers never caught my interest. It just looked too out there.
Old 08-31-2015, 04:32 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerfan714 (View Post)
I like the finale of The Fosters, although Brandon/Callie will never not bug me. Sometimes you just feel a pairing; sometimes you don't. It was left off on a good note, mostly, which I liked. Not too many huge cliffhangers. Mostly I was glad Stef and Lena talked about much needed stuff.

I need to catch up on Chasing Life. I feel like I've been "watching" but not really watching. Anyone have those types of moments with shows?

Stitchers never caught my interest. It just looked too out there.
Stitchers never caught my interest either.

I haven't watched Chasing Life, but I read some stuff about it.

After reading this article in Variety, it makes me realize that the writers' choice to kill off a character on that show might be the same reason the writers killed of Bay & Emmett's relationship on Switched at Birth.

I get the feeling that everything the writers choose to do is all about Bay's character growth. The only problem with that is that I am interested in Emmett.

‘Chasing Life’: Leo Dead– Exec Producer Teases April’s Love Life & Relationships | Variety
Old 09-01-2015, 03:13 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollibear (View Post)
Stitchers never caught my interest either.

I haven't watched Chasing Life, but I read some stuff about it.

After reading this article in Variety, it makes me realize that the writers' choice to kill off a character on that show might be the same reason the writers killed of Bay & Emmett's relationship on Switched at Birth.

I get the feeling that everything the writers choose to do is all about Bay's character growth. The only problem with that is that I am interested in Emmett.

‘Chasing Life’: Leo Dead– Exec Producer Teases April’s Love Life & Relationships | Variety
Killing off Leo was sad. I knew they would do it, but right after the wedding was harsh.

That said, I haven't been keeping up with it much. I'll probably binge watch once the season is done.
Old 09-02-2015, 05:08 PM
Dedicated Fan

I think I watched maybe all of five minutes of Stitchers and then turned it off. I'm really quite made at Chasing Life and The Fosters and their storylines at the moment.

What the heck is with all of these reality tv shows on ABC Family. I refuse to watch them. ABC Family was different and had great scripted shows which is what appealed to me and now they sell out. Not to mention spamming my youtube subscriptions with them. My only consolation is that the views are really low for those previews, so maybe they'll get the hint and start making good scripted dramas again. We've had a few great ones from them like Greek and Make it or Break It.

Watching: Longmire Season 4...YES!
Old 09-02-2015, 05:30 PM
Addicted Fan

I watched the stitchers pilot. It was entertaining enough, but not enough to keep watching. I didnt continue to watch the fosters because brallie. I catch chasing life every now and again. Maybe one day I'll get caught up.
Old 09-02-2015, 07:20 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
What the heck is with all of these reality tv shows on ABC Family. I refuse to watch them. ABC Family was different and had great scripted shows which is what appealed to me and now they sell out. Not to mention spamming my youtube subscriptions with them. My only consolation is that the views are really low for those previews, so maybe they'll get the hint and start making good scripted dramas again. We've had a few great ones from them like Greek and Make it or Break It.
It's odd. I wonder if they are trying to shift the focus from scripted TV to reality, simply because reality TV is cheaper to produce, etc. I think they are also scrambling because they know PLL has an expiration and it's the only show that has kept decent ratings.

I never watched all of MIOBI, but it's on demand. Or it was. I started watching the first couple of episodes. Greek was great.

I've pretty much watched all the ABC Fam shows, at least one episode. Lincoln Heights, Wildfire, Kyle XY. Man, Kyle XY ended on such a cliffhanger. Boo.

I even watched Secret Life until I could no longer stand them repeating the word sex fifteen thousand times an episode.

I attempted Jane By Design, but meh. Same with Bunheads. I know everyone raved about it. I never got into it.