Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-01-2016, 05:27 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~TwilighterTee~ (View Post)
Maybe she is confused on what he actually wants
Maybe.

It feels like Melody became a different character along the way. She went from being a witch-on-wheels when she first met Bay, to being the most supportive person in the world.

I wonder how Melody will treat Emmett's future girlfriends? Will she be supportive?

It would be fun to see Emmett date someone really awful (who Melody hates). I want to see her protect Emmett again. Or if she no longer feels protective of him, then at least I wish she would question his choices. She's so hands-off since he graduated high school.

I know he's a man now, but that doesn't mean she cannot advise him. Melody sure spends a TON of time advising Travis. I resent that. I'm tired of feeling like the writers are replacing Emmett with Travis.

Emmett was my favorite. He never needed replacing. I'm angry at the writers for that.
Old 02-10-2016, 10:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollibear (View Post)
Maybe.

It feels like Melody became a different character along the way. She went from being a witch-on-wheels when she first met Bay, to being the most supportive person in the world.

I wonder how Melody will treat Emmett's future girlfriends? Will she be supportive?

It would be fun to see Emmett date someone really awful (who Melody hates). I want to see her protect Emmett again. Or if she no longer feels protective of him, then at least I wish she would question his choices. She's so hands-off since he graduated high school.

I know he's a man now, but that doesn't mean she cannot advise him. Melody sure spends a TON of time advising Travis. I resent that. I'm tired of feeling like the writers are replacing Emmett with Travis.

Emmett was my favorite. He never needed replacing. I'm angry at the writers for that.
I think maybe she feels like its been his own decison for while now.
Old 02-11-2016, 02:54 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I think maybe she feels like its been his own decison for while now.
She does. I agree.

But she sure has been involved in Travis's life, going behind his back to dissuade John from helping Travis secure a position on the UMKC baseball team. Travis is older than Emmett, and Melody isn't his actual mother. It's strange to me how she was so involved in Emmett's love life, when he was dating Bay and then again when he thought he was dating Mandy, and now, Melody is hands-off, even when Emmett needs her.

I'd still like to see Emmett fall in love with someone Melody despises, just for the drama of it. But for a long time now, Melody appears to be "Miss Supportive" when it comes to any decision Emmett wants to make with his love life. She probably would not even care. Her only real comment on the matter has been that Emmett must let Bay go, so Travis can have a chance to make Bay happy.
Old 02-12-2016, 07:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
She does. I agree.

But she sure has been involved in Travis's life, going behind his back to dissuade John from helping Travis secure a position on the UMKC baseball team. Travis is older than Emmett, and Melody isn't his actual mother. It's strange to me how she was so involved in Emmett's love life, when he was dating Bay and then again when he thought he was dating Mandy, and now, Melody is hands-off, even when Emmett needs her.

I'd still like to see Emmett fall in love with someone Melody despises, just for the drama of it. But for a long time now, Melody appears to be "Miss Supportive" when it comes to any decision Emmett wants to make with his love life. She probably would not even care. Her only real comment on the matter has been that Emmett must let Bay go, so Travis can have a chance to make Bay happy.
I think maybe she feels like Emmett is more independent on his own where as Travis didnt really have the growing up aspect of having that
Old 02-16-2016, 05:26 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I think maybe she feels like Emmett is more independent on his own where as Travis didnt really have the growing up aspect of having that
True. Emmett is doing well in school and with his friendships. Emmett doesn't need a mom anymore, whereas Travis still needs that guidance to make it through college.

Good thing Melody can be a mom to Travis. I hope Travis grows close to Melody's twins and experiences what it is like to be a big brother.
Old 02-18-2016, 10:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:

True. Emmett is doing well in school and with his friendships. Emmett doesn't need a mom anymore, whereas Travis still needs that guidance to make it through college.

Good thing Melody can be a mom to Travis. I hope Travis grows close to Melody's twins and experiences what it is like to be a big brother.
Yeah so true
Old 02-21-2016, 01:30 PM
Master Fan

I would like to see Emmett and Melody fight some more. It's not that I don't love their relationship, because I DO. But I love to see that friction between them, too. I like seeing Emmett rebel against Melody's helicopter-style parenting. I really miss that.

What I love most of all is seeing Emmett stand up to Melody, because she is such a formidable force.
Old 02-23-2016, 05:08 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I would like to see Emmett and Melody fight some more. It's not that I don't love their relationship, because I DO. But I love to see that friction between them, too. I like seeing Emmett rebel against Melody's helicopter-style parenting. I really miss that.

What I love most of all is seeing Emmett stand up to Melody, because she is such a formidable force.
What do other people like about Emmett and Melody's relationship? Or in what type of situations do you like seeing them?

I would love a scene where Melody is advising Emmett on marriage or child-rearing.

Do you think we should make a Melody and Travis thread? I don't believe we have one. Melody is so much more involved in Travis's life than she is in Emmett's life.

How about Bay and Angelo? I'm not sure we ever made a thread for them, although maybe we did. I'll have to go through and look more closely. I'm positive we have a Daphne and Angelo thread. I'm just not sure about Bay and Angelo. I can't remember now. If we don't have one, I feel like we should make one. But Angelo is already gone, so maybe it is too late.
Old 02-23-2016, 08:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:

I just feel like the writers won't write it
Old 02-28-2016, 11:57 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I just feel like the writers won't write it
I think you are right.

The writers prefer the dynamic of the Melody and Travis relationship, so Melody and Emmett fans will continue to get by on bread crumbs.

I'm glad Emmett at least stood up to Melody in the Season 4 Finale. He told her point-blank that he is her son, not Travis.

At least the writers recognize that Emmett would be feeling that way, after everything that has transpired between Melody and Travis.
Old 06-19-2016, 09:52 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I think you are right.

The writers prefer the dynamic of the Melody and Travis relationship, so Melody and Emmett fans will continue to get by on bread crumbs.

I'm glad Emmett at least stood up to Melody in the Season 4 Finale. He told her point-blank that he is her son, not Travis.

At least the writers recognize that Emmett would be feeling that way, after everything that has transpired between Melody and Travis.
I wish we had seen more of Emmett and Melody interacting with Cameron and Debbie. I like those episodes, although we really only had two.
Old 06-19-2016, 10:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

They just skipped over that entirely
Old 07-01-2016, 07:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

:bumping this up
Old 07-02-2016, 10:26 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~AnastasiaGrey~ (View Post)
They just skipped over that entirely
It breaks my heart. Seriously. I would have loved to explore the relationships between Emmett, Bay, and Daphne and Emmett's parents.

I wanted to see more of Daphne and Melody, more of Bay and Melody, and DEFINITELY more of Emmett and Melody.

What we got was a ton of Travis and Melody, and I did not care about that relationship at all. As a teacher, I find it odd that Melody asked a student to move into her home with her.
Old 07-04-2016, 07:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
It breaks my heart. Seriously. I would have loved to explore the relationships between Emmett, Bay, and Daphne and Emmett's parents.

I wanted to see more of Daphne and Melody, more of Bay and Melody, and DEFINITELY more of Emmett and Melody.

What we got was a ton of Travis and Melody, and I did not care about that relationship at all. As a teacher, I find it odd that Melody asked a student to move into her home with her.
and we know it wouldnt have happened just that fast but hey the writers wants us to go with