Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Fall TV Shows   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-09-2015, 06:38 AM
Master Fan

Emmett has a lot of people angry at him since last week. At least, that's what I see in social media. I have tried to defend him there (because he is my favorite character), but it's a losing battle.

It's interesting to me, because the writers did NOT want to make Bay or Tank the "bad guy" in what happened between them. And I can understand that. Sometimes there are no bad guys. I can see the writers' perspective.

But I think society needs someone to blame and punish in these sorts of situations.

Since it's impossible to blame Bay for what happened (she is the victim), and since Tank is paying such a big price for what appears to be an honest mistake, that leaves Emmett to blame, for not being supportive enough.

No one seems to take into consideration that Emmett was going to quit school to move home and be with Bay or that Emmett didn't ask for any of this to happen, and didn't even make any bad decisions to cause it. All that the people on social media seem to see is that when Bay told Emmett she asked a drunk Tank to look at the stars on the ceiling with her, Emmett didn't understand quickly enough. That seems to be unforgivable to many.

I see a lot of residual hatred for Emmett's original cheating incident, too. It seems a lot of people cannot move past or forgive that. Or maybe, when people are angry, they just use everything they can find in their arsenal.

But people don't seem to hold anything against Bay or Tank. It's definitely Emmett (and Daphne) who are the two hated characters in social media right now.

I'm starting to like Daphne again, despite myself. I noticed she has that picture of a pregnant Regina on her dorm room wall. And I noticed that she has Bay & Emmett's first motorcycle selfie on her wall, and now, I want Daphne and Emmett to be friends again.

I miss Emmett's friendship with Daphne. I don't like Bay being closer to Daphne than Emmett. It's like the stars are out of alignment again.
Old 03-09-2015, 07:33 AM
Part-Time Fan

Tomorrow's episode is a huge one for Emmett. What does he tell Bay? Does he tell her to pack her bags and move to LA or does he tell her to stay home? If he tells her to move to LA, then the people will love him. If he tells her to go home, then he will be hated, ESPECIALLY if he begins a relationship with Skye.
It is my "negative" opinion that Daphne will only become MORE hated as the series progresses. It doesn't seem likely now but it is possible that she has some kind of breakdown tomorrow - her poor grades and possible overwhelming guilt.
As I have stated in previous posts, I can see an Emmett - Daphne hook up sometime in the future - but it will NOT be based on love.
Old 03-09-2015, 09:28 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by John S (View Post)
It is my "negative" opinion that Daphne will only become MORE hated as the series progresses. It doesn't seem likely now but it is possible that she has some kind of breakdown tomorrow - her poor grades and possible overwhelming guilt.
As I have stated in previous posts, I can see an Emmett - Daphne hook up sometime in the future - but it will NOT be based on love.
This is something we can agree on. The possibility for Daphne to have a breakdown is high right now. I also can see her and Emmett "hooking up" in the future as long as he and Bay not a couple and time has passed between the breakup. Daphne and Emmett since we learned he crushed on her has been something I would like shown explored. Maybe even get more flashbacks to when they were kids.
Old 03-09-2015, 11:37 AM
Addicted Fan

I don't see Daphne and Emmett ever happening at this point. It would ruin bay/Emmett Daphne/emmett and bay/Daphne.
Old 03-09-2015, 12:21 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneH (View Post)
I don't see Daphne and Emmett ever happening at this point. It would ruin bay/Emmett Daphne/emmett and bay/Daphne.
It would take A LOT to ruin Bay-Daphne. Since the pilot they have had an unbreakable bond - they are the ONLY 2 people who have been switched - and they need each other for support - and they each KNOW it.
This isn't the Bay-Daphne thread, so I will end it here.
Old 03-10-2015, 10:04 PM
Addicted Fan

what are they even doing with emmett anymore. john told bay not to underestimate him, and bay was right he couldn't handle it. daphne said he loved bay and would call her, he didn't. daphne said she doesn't know what's been going on with him lately, now bay said he's weak, a liar, and not who she thought he was.

i don't know where they take him from here.
Old 03-10-2015, 11:06 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
what are they even doing with emmett anymore. john told bay not to underestimate him, and bay was right he couldn't handle it.
Emmett said it wasn't about Tank, and I believe that.

Emmett said that he and Bay have been drifting apart for months, and they have.

They never really built a strong foundation. They had that one moment where Emmett said to Bay, "Seeing you and being with you is the best part of every day," and even with that, Bay was hiding from Emmett, what she had overheard his mom discussing on the video-conference.

That wasn't a big deal, but there were so many secrets like that. Secrets can cause a rift.

Quote:
daphne said he loved bay and would call her, he didn't. daphne said she doesn't know what's been going on with him lately, now bay said he's weak, a liar, and not who she thought he was.
Tonight, Daphne also said Emmett will regret this decision.

I wonder if Emmett will regret it.

Daphne may not know Emmett as well as she thinks she does. Emmett seems to feel he made the only decision he could.

Emmett told Bay things might change in a couple of years, and he reached out for her hand. But Bay wanted none of that and pulled away.

I understand Bay's reaction. I believe that Emmett did, too.

I don't think Emmett is weak or a liar. I think he was being as honest as he knew how to be with his feelings. Emmett is smart to focus on school. This opportunity is once-in-a-lifetime for him, and I hope he makes the most of it.

It's ironic remembering how Emmett once told Bay he wasn't going to go to college. In fact, he was going to drop out of high school. Bay encouraged Emmett to stick with it, and she encouraged him to go to USC.

When Bay thought that she might have an aneurysm, she even told Emmett to go and meet new people without her in LA or in DC. She was ready to let him go back then.

I wonder if Bay ever did tell Emmett about her potential to develop aneurysms.

Quote:
i don't know where they take him from here.
After Emmett cheated with Simone, his grand gestures for Bay were done out of love, but they were also done out of guilt.

Emmett felt such a huge need to make up to Bay, for what he had done.

As Bay has made mistakes of her own, it has put them on more equal footing.

Emmett no longer needs to be the person begging for forgiveness.

Emmett and Bay can just be who they are.

In Season 4B, I am sure we won't see much of Emmett, but I hope we at least learn that he has focused on his studies and done well in school.

I would love to know that he dated some other people.

I doubt Emmett visits KC, unless maybe it is to see his new baby brother. His mom can come visit him in LA (off camera, of course--we won't see that).

Emmett won't be close to Daphne or Toby anymore. Lizzy Weiss calls Travis his brother, but I don't see Emmett all that close to him either.

If this show was real life, I believe Emmett would find a career niche for himself through his schooling. That would be his focus. Hopefully, he dates other people, even if we don't ever see it or hear about it.

I think Emmett will be happy.

And I think Bay will be happier, too. Emmett was right, when he said Bay could feel how far apart they've drifted.

Bay will focus on her art and choose a school for next year. She will build stronger relationships with her friends and family.

It feels like Emmett made the decision that is best for both of them. But I do doubt that we see much of Emmett in the future.
Old 03-10-2015, 11:32 PM
Part-Time Fan

Emmett is not over the Tank situation, his little movie was proof of that. His behavior is laughable to me. He's acting like a huge hypocrite. Who cares if they have different interests, you don't bail on someone for that reason. I love Emmett but after tonight, not as much as I did. When you're disconnected, you don't bail, you talk, you reconnect.. He just was looking for an exuse to ditch her. It's all good, Emmett can do what he pleases. I hope he does lose Bay forever for that little stunt..
Old 03-10-2015, 11:56 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nailpolishchick2 (View Post)
I hope he does lose Bay forever for that little stunt..
I believe Emmett is perfectly willing to lose Bay forever.

This isn't some little stunt to Emmett. After he cheated, he tried for three years to make things work with Bay.

Bay & Emmett had a few good moments when they reconnected, but they had a lot of difficulties, too. It hasn't been the same the second time around.

Emmett is wise to recognize that and to work on school and put it first.

Emmett tried to tell Bay that there might be a chance a couple of years away, but she wanted none of that and that's her right.

Emmett is not acting like a hypocrite. This decision is not about Tank. Emmett needed to be honest with Bay about his feelings. Things shifted for him, and I can understand why.
Old 03-11-2015, 12:44 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollibear (View Post)

Emmett is not acting like a hypocrite. This decision is not about Tank. Emmett needed to be honest with Bay about his feelings. Things shifted for him, and I can understand why.
I disagree completely. He is acting like the biggest hypocrite known to man. He is NOT over the Tank situation and his little movie that was based off of that was PROOF of it. He was a royal class jackass for even making the movie about that and it obviously still effects him. Take off the rose colors glasses you have on Emmett, he's not this perfect little guy you have in your head. He's being a big ass baby over a bad situation.
Old 03-11-2015, 04:19 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nailpolishchick2 (View Post)
I disagree completely. He is acting like the biggest hypocrite known to man. He is NOT over the Tank situation and his little movie that was based off of that was PROOF of it. He was a royal class jackass for even making the movie about that and it obviously still effects him. Take off the rose colors glasses you have on Emmett, he's not this perfect little guy you have in your head. He's being a big ass baby over a bad situation.
I disagree, Sadie.

I am sure Emmett does still has conflicting feelings about what happened between Bay & Tank, but his decision is not just about that situation.

I find Emmett's decision to be mature. And although Emmett will have regrets, I do not believe he will regret this decision.

It was a good one and honest to his feelings.
Old 03-11-2015, 05:12 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
I believe Emmett is perfectly willing to lose Bay forever.

This isn't some little stunt to Emmett. After he cheated, he tried for three years to make things work with Bay.

Bay & Emmett had a few good moments when they reconnected, but they had a lot of difficulties, too. It hasn't been the same the second time around.

Emmett is wise to recognize that and to work on school and put it first.

Emmett tried to tell Bay that there might be a chance a couple of years away, but she wanted none of that and that's her right.

That is not the position you have taken ALL season. I have sad this time after time after time, as to me that is reality and you fought me every step of the way stating that Emmett and Bay were different nd I was in some way blind sighted!
Old 03-11-2015, 05:13 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
I disagree, Sadie.

I am sure Emmett does still has conflicting feelings about what happened between Bay & Tank, but his decision is not just about that situation.

I find Emmett's decision to be mature. And although Emmett will have regrets, I do not believe he will regret this decision.

It was a good one and honest to his feelings.
He took his girlfriend's feelings of violation and made it into a movie...break up or not..that was not mature! That was a sh**ty thing to do!
Old 03-11-2015, 10:47 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by othfan1980 (View Post)
He took his girlfriend's feelings of violation and made it into a movie...break up or not..that was not mature! That was a sh**ty thing to do!
Thank you.. Lately it seems I'm up against a losing battle with stating how I feel on here. When it came out what his movie was about, it was painfully obvious that he made that movie about him and Bay and the situation with Tank.. That is not a guy who's over what happened, you do not make a movie about something like that if you're at peace with something. I don't care what Emmett said. He's full of crap right for as far as I'm concerned. Just because he said it, doesn't make it true. I know I've said many things in hurt before and I truly believe he's hurt with all that is going on.
Old 03-11-2015, 11:13 AM
Addicted Fan

My opinion of Emmett is so very low right now. They need to do a lot to make this okay.

And if he thinks that relationships don't take work he's delusional. Bay was trying. He gave up.