Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-18-2015, 11:35 PM
Addicted Fan

i was actually thinking the other day that there is set up for them to finally leave to CA at the end of the series! finally getting their "Bay and Emmett forever"

it's all there, they just both need to be able to go together.
Old 01-19-2015, 10:57 AM
Elite Fan

It would be a nice throwback to the pilot in a way. They could have Bay and Emmett loading up a U-Haul while everyone is saying goodbye. Emmett is about to drive away when he notices Bay looking out the rearview and Emmett asks her what she is thinking about and Bay answers: "Me, in another life." And then he takes her hand and kisses it and they drive away.

But that will never happen.
Old 01-19-2015, 11:39 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerfan714 (View Post)
It would be a nice throwback to the pilot in a way. They could have Bay and Emmett loading up a U-Haul while everyone is saying goodbye. Emmett is about to drive away when he notices Bay looking out the rearview and Emmett asks her what she is thinking about and Bay answers: "Me, in another life." And then he takes her hand and kisses it and they drive away.

It would be an okay ending. Two years ago, I would have thought that it would be a good ending. But we have been through too much, for something so simplistic now.

I want more than Bay & Emmett riding off into the sunset together. I hope we get more than that.

The show begins with a blood test. It might be nice if it ends with one, too.
Old 01-19-2015, 11:51 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollibear (View Post)
It would be an okay ending. Two years ago, I would have thought that it would be a good ending. But we have been through too much, for something so simplistic now.

I want more than Bay & Emmett riding off into the sunset together. I hope we get more than that.

The show begins with a blood test. It might be nice if it ends with one, too.
If I have learned anything from this show, it's that we're not going to get what we want.

I think we're going to get simplistic or nothing at all. I know you want them to have a baby, Amy, but I just don't see them going there.

And since I don't want nothing at all, I'll take simplistic. I'm sorry it was a sucky ending to imagine But that's probably what we're going to get.
Old 01-19-2015, 12:50 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
If I have learned anything from this show, it's that we're not going to get what we want.

I think we're going to get simplistic or nothing at all. I know you want them to have a baby, Amy, but I just don't see them going there.

And since I don't want nothing at all, I'll take simplistic. I'm sorry it was a sucky ending to imagine But that's probably what we're going to get.
I do want Bemmett babies, and I still believe they will happen. Forever the optimist, forever filled with hope, I suppose, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

The show hasn't taught me that we're not going to get what we want. I've already gotten so much of what I want from Switched At Birth. The writers do dangle things just out of our reach at times, but they have also given us some really wonderful moments.

And for all of the times that I haven't gotten what I wanted, I have to say that the show has managed to stay poised, right in a position, where they are still all within my grasp. That amazes me. The only thing completely off the plate is an Angelo and Emmett connection, and that still could be possible with flashbacks or in an alternate universe.

I didn't say a "baby" blood test, Alyssa, though that is one possibility. It could be a marriage blood test, a genetic blood test of some sort or for some reason, a blood test for an illness or a disease.

I am talking about blood and the symbolism of blood.

Blood was brought up when Bay did an art piece for Professor Ledarsky's class last season. I don't think LW is done with blood.

Since California made it onto the timeline, I agree with Anne. There is a good chance that is where Bay & Emmett will end up, where their forever will eventually be.

Riding off into the sunset is not sucky. It would be okay, but I am hoping for something more, something deeper.

I am not ready to give up on the writers yet. I still see a lot of depth in their work, even if they dropped a few balls in the last season.

Is Bay & Emmett riding off into the sunset the ending you want, Alyssa?

From your post, I thought you were saying the writers would never do it. But now, you are saying that they will.

Do you think that is the ending the writers have in mind? If so, it would be okay.

All I was saying is that if LW plans to end her last episode at the same place where her pilot episode ended, then she might as well reverse the whole episode.

She could start the final episode with someone moving out of the Kennish estate and she could end the final episode six weeks later, with someone taking a blood test. I think that would be cool, plus we would get a 40 minute or so glimpse into the future, that we won't get if we just see someone pulling away in a moving van.

We probably cannot guess how LW will end the show anyway. We won't get simplistic, though. LW will go for some depth, unless she is just worn out and exhausted.

I believe in her. I'll appreciate what she gives us either way.
Old 01-19-2015, 12:58 PM
Elite Fan

Never mind, I'd rather not discuss it further since it's upsetting me.
Old 01-19-2015, 12:59 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:

I would actually Love an ending like that. Unless this show does some gossip girl style flash forward I don't think we'll see them married or with babies. And I'm fine with that. I don't want them to have kids right now.

I'd love to see them go to LA together or be engaged when the show ends. Pref both. Haha
Old 01-19-2015, 01:17 PM
Master Fan

I love the look that Emmett gives Bay as she is looking at the timeline.

Right after she says, "You are making it really hard to let you go," Emmett gives Bay a look that could be a text book definition for LOVE.

It wouldn't even require any other words or explanation.

His look says that much.

I believe we will keep seeing Bay's timeline, at least once more. And I am thrilled about that. I love what Emmett made for her.
Old 01-19-2015, 04:12 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollibear (View Post)
I love the look that Emmett gives Bay as she is looking at the timeline.

Right after she says, "You are making it really hard to let you go," Emmett gives Bay a look that could be a text book definition for LOVE.

It wouldn't even require any other words or explanation.

His look says that much.

I believe we will keep seeing Bay's timeline, at least once more. And I am thrilled about that. I love what Emmett made for her.
I LOVED that we got both of them at the time line together... I had been wanting Emmett to see Bay see it
Old 01-27-2015, 03:38 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nailpolishchick2 (View Post)
I LOVED that we got both of them at the time line together... I had been wanting Emmett to see Bay see it
It was sweet to watch him watch her. Emmett loves Bay so much. He really does.
Old 02-24-2015, 02:12 PM
Part-Time Fan

I'll always love Emmett.. He has this free spirit and it's larger than life. I always appreciate/look forward to him showing up in the episodes! I know he'll forgive Bay for this mishap!
Old 02-26-2015, 07:02 PM
Addicted Fan

Is it something he needs to forgive though? Idk that doesn't sit right with me. It's not the same as him making the choice to sleep with Simone. I don't like some of his behavior over the last few episodes, especially in 406. Hopefully the last two episodes will make it right.
Old 02-26-2015, 07:55 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneH (View Post)
Is it something he needs to forgive though? Idk that doesn't sit right with me. It's not the same as him making the choice to sleep with Simone. I don't like some of his behavior over the last few episodes, especially in 406. Hopefully the last two episodes will make it right.
Bay does need to ask Emmett for forgiveness for what happened. That sits right with me.

Bay knows she did not only interact with Tank as a friend that night.

Even before Bay & Tank got into a bed together, Bay knows she interacted with Tank in the same manner she might interact with anyone who interests her sexually.

Being drunk doesn't excuse Bay from that.

When Emmett said to Bay, "You were raped." Bay said what happened was NOT as simple as a rape.

In the garage, when Bay asked John about "letting Tank be the bad guy, for Emmett's sake," and John told Bay that is "not entirely the truth." And Bay agreed.

Later, when Bay talks to Emmett, she says, "Both Tank and I made mistakes."

Bay adds, "You've been in this situation before. You've been drunk and made stupid choices."

Then, in the rain, Bay says to Emmett, "All you want to do is point fingers. Either he's the monster or I am, and why can't it be somewhere in the middle?"

So, to me, yeah, Bay definitely needs to ask for forgiveness from Emmett.

If Emmett had been in the SAME drunken state as Bay, and if some girl had climbed on top of him, while he was THAT drunk, everyone would be thinking Emmett should be begging for Bay's forgiveness.

That bothers me that it isn't seen as the same.

I respect Emmett's behavior in the last few episodes.
Old 02-26-2015, 08:09 PM
Addicted Fan

Even emmett knows he should have stayed and tried to works things out with her in 404 AND he also said he should have listened to her in 406. He can't even give her two minutes to explain the situation before going off with Skye. It's the same thing he did in 120 when he was mad at her.

They're in a serious relationship. Even if it's terrible news he could at least let her finish before flying off the handle.
Old 02-26-2015, 08:41 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Even emmett knows he should have stayed and tried to works things out with her in 404 AND he also said he should have listened to her in 406.
I agree with both of your statements here, and as you note, Emmett agrees with them, too.

I still respect his behavior overall, but yeah, he's not perfect. What person is?

Emmett is only 19 years old.

Quote:
He can't even give her two minutes to explain the situation before going off with Skye. It's the same thing he did in 120 when he was mad at her.
I see the situation in 1x20 as different. I do not believe Emmett was going to the ice machine to find someone for a hook up.

Whereas, in 4x06, I DO believe Emmett was specifically seeking out Skye for a hookup.

What happened between Emmett and Simone in 1x20 is exactly like what happened between Tank and Bay in 4x04.

In both situations, Emmett and Bay were heartbroken and turned to alcohol for comfort.

What happened next, in both situations, was predictable.

What happened between Emmett and Skye in 4x06 is exactly like what happened between Bay and Alex in 1x23.

In both situations, Emmett and Bay ran off to find comfort in the arms of another.

Quote:
They're in a serious relationship. Even if it's terrible news he could at least let her finish before flying off the handle.
Yeah, I agree.

But Bay ran off and threw her helmet in the water, when Emmett told her the truth about Simone.

And even if Bay had been able to finish her statement, what was she going to say to Emmett?

Bay was NOT going to tell Emmett she had been raped, or if so, she would have led with that statement.

Bay does NOT feel she has been raped. She has said time and again to anyone who will listen (Kathryn, Regina, John, Emmett) that what happened was a drunken mistake.

So even if Emmett had given Bay more time during their Snap Chat, she would have told him, "It's complicated. I got really drunk, made some mistakes, and slept with Tank."

It would not have changed anything. The ONLY thing that changed anything was Daphne telling Emmett that Bay was raped.

Now, THAT got Emmett back home.

But that isn't what Bay was going to tell Emmett in that Snap Chat conversation.

So for Bay & Emmett's relationship, ironically, the BEST thing that could have happened WAS Emmett throwing his laptop to the ground, so Daphne could share her perspective.

Was it mature behavior?

No, but neither was Bay's choice to throw her helmet in the lake.

When a person's heart is breaking, sometimes the person doesn't make the most mature decisions.

I still really respect the way Emmett has handled all of what has happened.

I just hope Emmett doesn't run from Bay for two years, like she did from him.