Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-10-2013, 04:28 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollibear (View Post)
Aw, that's a sweet story. If you see a clip of that panel discussion, I would love to watch it.
It must be on youtube, because I have seen it. Let me have a little dig for it

ETA: Here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6Uy5pdgC-4

There are several videos from the event on youtube. All fun to watch
Old 10-10-2013, 08:22 PM
Elite Fan

Thank you, Carrie!
'
It's a funny panel. Anthony Natale (Cameron) tells Katie if she wants a new sign name she should date a Deaf guy, not realizing Katie's then-boyfriend (I believe he's now her fiance!) was in the audience. Vanessa found that amusing.

They have such good chemistry, all of them. And I love Vanessa being pissed that Bay stole her name sign.

And when Lucas asks Sean his favorite sign? "Dude, I'm Deaf! All signs are my favorite!"
Old 10-10-2013, 08:42 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerfan714 (View Post)
And when Lucas asks Sean his favorite sign? "Dude, I'm Deaf! All signs are my favorite!"
I agree that it's funny and cute, but I didn't get it. Well, I sort of got it. People are always asking those who are new to ASL what their favorite signs are. And of course, Sean is not new to ASL. But that doesn't mean he cannot have a favorite sign.

I mean, I am hearing, and I have favorite words based on sound. Why can't Sean have favorite signs based on sight and/or movement?

Oh, well, I like that Sean loves ASL so much and speaks so proudly of it. He is absolutely correct. From my perspective, it is the most beautiful language in the world.
Old 10-11-2013, 01:36 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I agree that it's funny and cute, but I didn't get it. Well, I sort of got it. People are always asking those who are new to ASL what their favorite signs are. And of course, Sean is not new to ASL. But that doesn't mean he cannot have a favorite sign.

I mean, I am hearing, and I have favorite words based on sound. Why can't Sean have favorite signs based on sight and/or movement?

Oh, well, I like that Sean loves ASL so much and speaks so proudly of it. He is absolutely correct. From my perspective, it is the most beautiful language in the world.
Yeah, I didn't get it either. I thought his delivery of it was funny, but you're right. Even as a native English speaker, you can have a favorite word, so as a native ASL speaker, why not a favorite sign?

It is definitely beautiful.
Old 10-11-2013, 04:23 PM
Master Fan

Just out of curiosity, what does everyone appreciate about Emmett and/or Sean the most?
Old 10-12-2013, 09:22 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Just out of curiosity, what does everyone appreciate about Emmett and/or Sean the most?
Hmm. Good question.

Sean himself seems very laid back and just chill and I appreciate and envy that quality. I myself am a very anxious person, and he seems the opposite and I think that's great.

Emmett, he's definitely dedicated and tenacious and I think those are good qualities as well. Plus, he has that sarcasm, like me, and like Bay.
Old 10-12-2013, 11:52 AM
Part-Time Fan

I don't feel as though I know much about Sean at all, really. He has been something of a dark horse of late. I really love the way he completely pours himself into his work, though.

As for Emmett: his tenacity, his devotion, his dry wit, and the charm he exudes (this he certainly shares with Sean).
Old 10-13-2013, 09:31 AM
Elite Fan

Yeah, I'm certainly not an expert on Sean, but from his interviews, he just seems like he has a very innocent child like view of the world. Or more like a "hey, life's short, have fun, live it, love it" kind of attitude, which is nice.

And yes, Emmett does have some great qualities, some of which I am sure he shares with Sean.
Old 10-26-2013, 02:30 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Yeah, I'm certainly not an expert on Sean, but from his interviews, he just seems like he has a very innocent child like view of the world. Or more like a "hey, life's short, have fun, live it, love it" kind of attitude, which is nice.

And yes, Emmett does have some great qualities, some of which I am sure he shares with Sean.
A fan tweeted a picture that she had taken with Sean Berdy last night:

https://twitter.com/Cheyenne_Vann/st...257216/photo/1

Also, Sean Berdy tweeted a recent picture of himself yesterday:

https://twitter.com/SeanBerdy/status...963392/photo/1

I really like the glasses. I know someone who started wearing glasses this week, and it just adds a whole new facet to his personality.

You are right, Alyssa. There's something incredibly likable about Sean Berdy (and Emmett). They share that same charm.
Old 10-26-2013, 05:07 PM
Elite Fan

Sean looks good with glasses.

It's always interesting seeing people with glasses who don't normally wear them.
Old 10-28-2013, 04:06 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Sean looks good with glasses.

It's always interesting seeing people with glasses who don't normally wear them.
Yeah! Switched at Birth's facebook page published a photo of Emmett last night. They were asking fans if we are looking forward to seeing more of Emmett in January. I definitely am looking forward to that. I really don't understand why he has had such a small role ever since Venus, Cupid, Folly, and Time.

If anyone has time to visit the facebook page, please "like" his picture, so they will hopefully hear from fans that we want to see more of Emmett.

In Season 3, I hope Emmett's role is every bit as big as it was in Season 1B. Also, I hope it is HAPPIER!
Old 11-01-2013, 03:54 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Yeah! Switched at Birth's facebook page published a photo of Emmett last night. They were asking fans if we are looking forward to seeing more of Emmett in January. I definitely am looking forward to that. I really don't understand why he has had such a small role ever since Venus, Cupid, Folly, and Time.

If anyone has time to visit the facebook page, please "like" his picture, so they will hopefully hear from fans that we want to see more of Emmett.

In Season 3, I hope Emmett's role is every bit as big as it was in Season 1B. Also, I hope it is HAPPIER!
That picture of Emmett received over 16000 likes. Similar pictures of Bay or Daphne or even Bay & Toby together received far less. Emmett is still popular with fans.
Old 11-01-2013, 08:03 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
That picture of Emmett received over 16000 likes. Similar pictures of Bay or Daphne or even Bay & Toby together received far less. Emmett is still popular with fans.
Oh, he is! And rightly so. He has a charisma that few other characters do.
Old 11-01-2013, 12:45 PM
Elite Fan

I'm glad he's still popular among fans

He does have charisma.
Old 11-01-2013, 10:38 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassias (View Post)
Oh, he is! And rightly so. He has a charisma that few other characters do.
Welcome back, Carrie! I have missed you so much!

And yes, both Emmett and Sean have the kind of charisma that makes my heart beat faster, whether I want it to or not.

I do want it to beat faster, though. It's such a wonderful, happy feeling. Sean always makes me smile.