Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-26-2013, 07:32 PM
Elite Fan

Oh, no. You did! I was just saying the audacity of that statement. I completely got you were being sarcastic. I just hated her explanation.
Old 03-26-2013, 07:48 PM
Supreme Fan

Got the sarcasm too ... no worries . Just seems that we're being given all these characters and they have no idea what to do with them.
ODO & KIRA (DS9)

Old 03-26-2013, 07:51 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerfan714 (View Post)
Oh, no. You did! I was just saying the audacity of that statement. I completely got you were being sarcastic. I just hated her explanation.
Oh, good!
Old 03-27-2013, 01:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That cheating storyline was planned for 'draaaaaaammmmmma!!!' We all know it.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 03-27-2013, 08:45 PM
Elite Fan

Sadly, you hit it right on the nose, Heather.

Old 03-28-2013, 02:55 PM
Master Fan

I would love to see an alternate universe where the switch never happened. But you know, I would ALSO love to see an AU where Emmett never cheated. I would so love to see what might have happened in that world.

When I watched Six Feet Under, there was an episode where several AUs were explored like that (all in one episode). It was so cool!
Old 03-29-2013, 08:37 PM
Elite Fan

I actually read a fanfiction that did that, had Emmett walk away from Simone, and I would love to see it transpire on screen.

I did love that when the switch never happened that Emmett still ended up with Bay. If they continue with what they played upon a bit in 1x09, I'm sure Emmett's life would be different because he would have been with Bay from the start.

But I do think the switch has helped Emmett's growth. Without it, he would have had no reason to end up with a hearing girl. Emmett, like all the characters on here, is not perfect and makes mistakes, but has also had growth and I love that he really was so adamant in the beginning about hearing people but was basically their only supporter during Uprising. I love that he pointed out that a lot of the Deaf kids weren't even staying there. How true.
Old 03-29-2013, 10:22 PM
Supreme Fan

Could be interesting. Personally, I want to get AWAY from the sex. I mean, they've thrown sex in there as something totally different than real intimacy. Pretty much hookups and that's it. Storylines for storyline sake. Not about people connecting ... just about which character can get it. And, honestly, seems like everybody has except Bay because of the revolving door scenario.
ODO & KIRA (DS9)

Old 03-31-2013, 08:57 PM
Elite Fan

I agree with that mostly. I don't think they focus on sex that much, but really the only young people we have seen engaging in sex is Daphne and Jeff (or we were left to assume that) and Emmett and Simone and Emmett had no interest in Simone beyond what TV tropes deem a "naked shoulder to cry on."

So for Emmett, I'd rather see them avoid him having more meaningless hookups. We get it. Emmett's not a virgin.
Old 03-31-2013, 09:00 PM
Supreme Fan

Clearly he's the James Dean of Carlton and girls throw themselves at him. I just wish they didn't have to show it to that extent.
ODO & KIRA (DS9)

Old 04-01-2013, 07:13 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes&FredFan (View Post)
Clearly he's the James Dean of Carlton and girls throw themselves at him. I just wish they didn't have to show it to that extent.
This description of Emmett cracks me up!

And I agree. I want to see the meaningful hookups. The meaningless ones have been done. Now it's time for the real love story!

But truthfully, Emmett has been so little seen for season 1C and 2A, that I will take him ANY WAY I can get him. Seriously, I just want him ON THE SCREEN.

How the show runners (thanks for explaining the term, Alyssa!) can have pure gold like Emmett, and not put him on the screen, I do not understand. His charisma is magical and we need more of it. I would like to see more Toby, too.

Here's hoping they give Emmett & Toby some good scenes with their band this summer!
Old 04-01-2013, 02:31 PM
Supreme Fan

I'd love that - I just don't want them to throw Emmett into scenes like advising Toby or Daphne on their love lives a la Jiminy Cricket. What's next, he'll give Travis dating advice too? Or Melody? That was a waste of Sean's abilties, IMO. And for him to condemn Daphne for kissing Noah just smelled of hypocrosy ... that shouldn't have been written in. True, Daphne was in the wrong, as was Noah too ... but Emmett kissed Bay too (without caring that she was with somebody). He's Daphne's best friend . Please don't make him a hippocrite - he's been written into a corner and if he's supposed to be changing, you can't have him forget his own mistake, that's all. He'd have been better to say - "I saw you kiss Noah. Do you have feelings for him?" And then find out what's going on that way. Not to condemn everybody (Daphne for kissing Noah, and Bay for not seeing that Daphne and Noah are into each other) - he's not exactly innocent, so coming down on people isn't really the way to go.

Slippery slope .
ODO & KIRA (DS9)

Old 04-01-2013, 03:08 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I'd love that - I just don't want them to throw Emmett into scenes like advising Toby or Daphne on their love lives a la Jiminy Cricket. What's next, he'll give Travis dating advice too? Or Melody? That was a waste of Sean's abilties, IMO. And for him to condemn Daphne for kissing Noah just smelled of hypocrosy ... that shouldn't have been written in. True, Daphne was in the wrong, as was Noah too ... but Emmett kissed Bay too (without caring that she was with somebody). He's Daphne's best friend . Please don't make him a hippocrite - he's been written into a corner and if he's supposed to be changing, you can't have him forget his own mistake, that's all. He'd have been better to say - "I saw you kiss Noah. Do you have feelings for him?" And then find out what's going on that way. Not to condemn everybody (Daphne for kissing Noah, and Bay for not seeing that Daphne and Noah are into each other) - he's not exactly innocent, so coming down on people isn't really the way to go.

Slippery slope .
As Toby would say, "True that."
Old 04-01-2013, 03:18 PM
Supreme Fan

Cracks me up when Toby says that.
ODO & KIRA (DS9)

Old 04-02-2013, 11:49 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:

Oh god. That's classic.

I agree on not needing to show it to that extent. But then again, Emmett did say Brooklyn Decker would want to make sweet love to him before he told her it could never work.