Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-23-2013, 07:46 PM
Supreme Fan

She's probably still "dabbling" in her recreational hobby.
ODO & KIRA (DS9)

Old 03-23-2013, 09:13 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerfan714 (View Post)
I still want to know where Jackson is. Wouldn't 2A have been the prime time to introduce him?
You would think! But, alas, no.

Quote:
Oh god. You're like #sorrynotsorry
But I'm not sorry that I'm not sorry!
Old 03-23-2013, 09:44 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes&FredFan (View Post)
She's probably still "dabbling" in her recreational hobby.
Probably.

Quote:
But I'm not sorry that I'm not sorry!
You go girl.

In all seriousness it would be really nice to get some Cameron-Emmett scenes. I do think after Bay spoke to Cameron he 'got' it so to speak. Emmett even told Daphne that during his weekends with Cameron, Cameron was being like super uber dad. Responsible caring Cameron is good. Laid back frat house Cameron is not.

I wonder if Cameron and/or Olivia have any guilt in their part in the Emmett-Bay break up.
Old 03-24-2013, 10:34 AM
Addicted Fan

did we ever find out what emmett's dad did for a living?
Old 03-24-2013, 02:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ I honestly can't recall. It's been awhile since we've seen him.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 03-25-2013, 07:11 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneH (View Post)
did we ever find out what emmett's dad did for a living?
I am pretty sure we did not. I would love to see Cameron interact with Emmett more this summer. I wonder if the divorce is final now.

I also find myself wondering what Emmett did for his 18th birthday. There is no way he didn't think about his awesome 17th birthday party that Bay & Daphne gave him. That will always stand out in his mind. I am sure.

I wonder how Emmett feels being 18 now.

Do you all think they will have Travis go off to Gallaudet in the fall? Do you think Emmett will consider it for the following fall?

I hope the writers don't gloss over all of these big life decisions that the characters need to make for their future. To me, that's the best drama of all and so exciting to see them weigh their options and make up their minds.

I would love to see Emmett, Bay, and Daphne find a way to stay close.
Old 03-25-2013, 07:54 PM
Elite Fan

I'm sure Emmett thinks back to that birthday more so than not. Emmett probably had a low key 18th birthday though me thinks, but maybe Melody and Cameron did something nice for him.

I think it would be great to have a photography story for Emmett. They have focused a lot on Daphne's career as a chef, but not so much with Emmett or Bay for that matter. I mean, we see Emmett taking photos, but why not have him get an internship? Interning is a great life experience (even if you feel like a glorified gofer half the time) and with art, it is fascinating. It's no wonder why Emmett is drawn to art and photography. You can say so much with a photo without having to say anything with your voice.

So I would hope we'd get something with that. I like that SAB is a show that focuses on aspects of teens lives besides sex and relationship like their goals. You won't be in high school forever.
Old 03-25-2013, 09:02 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I'm sure Emmett thinks back to that birthday more so than not. Emmett probably had a low key 18th birthday though me thinks, but maybe Melody and Cameron did something nice for him.

I think it would be great to have a photography story for Emmett. They have focused a lot on Daphne's career as a chef, but not so much with Emmett or Bay for that matter. I mean, we see Emmett taking photos, but why not have him get an internship? Interning is a great life experience (even if you feel like a glorified gofer half the time) and with art, it is fascinating. It's no wonder why Emmett is drawn to art and photography. You can say so much with a photo without having to say anything with your voice.

So I would hope we'd get something with that. I like that SAB is a show that focuses on aspects of teens lives besides sex and relationship like their goals. You won't be in high school forever.
I'd love to see Emmett in a photography internship. What an interesting world for him (and us) to explore! I definitely want to see the young characters explore career options.
Old 03-26-2013, 02:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Yeah, so far, they've avoided the writing trap of going completely 'teen soap.' Ugh, that would drive me crazy. There's a reason I don't watch those kinds of shows anymore. Overkill in the drama department.

I do wonder where they intend to take Emmett beyond Bay, though. Things seem to be going better with his mom, maybe the dad issue will still need resolving too.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 03-26-2013, 03:06 PM
Supreme Fan

Another great storyline that got dropped so that they could write him into that ... awful ... one. It's a shame they used Emmett's parents as a vehicle for that.
ODO & KIRA (DS9)

Old 03-26-2013, 03:10 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Another great storyline that got dropped so that they could write him into that ... awful ... one. It's a shame they used Emmett's parents as a vehicle for that.
I agree!
Old 03-26-2013, 04:13 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Not intentionally! He just did it, remember?
Old 03-26-2013, 04:31 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnoliaFairy (View Post)
Not intentionally! He just did it, remember?
Oh, please.

That's just Weiss not taking ownership for her own bad writing choices for Emmett.
Old 03-26-2013, 05:32 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Oh, please.

That's just Weiss not taking ownership for her own bad writing choices for Emmett.
The funny thing is that I fully believe Lizzy Weiss had Emmett's cheating planned from the get-go. I remember distinctly in episode 1x05 (Dogs Playing Poker) that Emmett said to Daphne and Toby, "I don't cheat."

Emmett did not sign many lines about himself. That is one of the ONLY direct statements he ever made about his own character. It is too big of a coincidence for Emmett to make that proclamation, and then, the writers choose to fly in the face of it and have him cheat. The writers knew from the beginning. That was meant to be a bit of dramatic irony on their part.

It does ring true, though.

In my own life, I always said I would never own a Ford. When it was time for me to purchase my first car, what did I choose but a Ford Explorer?

Also, I made fun of a liberal arts college that my ex-boyfriend attended, and yet, when it was finally time for me to earn my Bachelor's Degree, where did I decide to go? The same college he had attended (but dropped out). And you know what? Out of the seven colleges I have attended in my lifetime, it ended up being the VERY best one of them all. Life is funny like that.
Old 03-26-2013, 07:25 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Oh, please.

I guess I didn't do too good of a job conveying my sarcasm there...

Agreed, Amy! They also had him kiss Daphne.

Last edited by MagnoliaFairy; 03-26-2013 at 07:46 PM