Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-16-2013, 12:41 PM
Elite Fan

Emmett Bledsoe/Sean Berdy Thread #5: Because “Emmett’s a part of our story.”

welcome to the f i f t h emmett bledsoe / sean berdy appreciation thread!

s u p p o r t e r s ;
01. MaybeLove.
02. bellagrey13
03. BlackHalo
04. kfrancis08
05. Queen of Babble
06. Tina
07. MannaBanana
08. Wingster
09. carleymarie
10. forever yours
11. lil-terso
12. Kiss of Death
13. CrashandBurn9
14. GrhmLz
15. jemapellemissa
16. Something Special
17. *OldHollywoodStarlet*
18. Demonic Angel Clone
19. Devoted Soul
20. conhosh
21. P&B4ever
22. Kai_Abercrombie
23. jessec12
24. girlyshorty85
25. julyhsm
26. s e r e n i t y
27. Stay to the Lights
28. bbertocchi
29. xkellyx
30. toxicgurl169
31. McQueenFanGirl
32. MPFan09
33. Sincerely, Me.
34. xlennie
35. MagnoliaFairy
36. MaybeSomeday
37. skje
38. AlwaysEJ
39. simplicity08
40. Elena_1716
41. Bemmettfan1
42. Moonauthor
43. Slayerfan714
44. loganandroryforever
45. lulu-144
46. americanamuchacha020

a n i m a t i o n of the moment

credit

s e a n b e r dy
Sean Berdy was born in Boca Raton, Florida. Sean is the son of Terrie and Scott Berdy and brother to Tyler Berdy.
Most of his film and television appearances feature his use of American Sign Language. Sean has appeared in The Sandlot 2
as Sammy "Fingers" Samuelson, and has also appeared in The Bondage and two films in ASL, The Deaf Family and The Legend of the Mountain Man.
He was in a Sprint Relay commercial, and currently stars as Emmett Bledsoe, son of Melody Bledsoe, played by Marlee Matlin (a deaf actress),
in the ABC Family television series Switched at Birth. He also was nominated for the 2011 Teen Choice Awards under the TV category for breakout star.
e m m e t t b l e d s o e
Emmett is the longtime best friend of Daphne. He is also deaf, but doesn't speak verbally. He has grown up in an all-deaf family,
and has trouble relating to people who hear. He rides a motorcycle and usually drives Daphne to their school. At the Kennishs' benefit party
he takes the place of Toby's band drummer, showing a real talent for the drums. He also loves to photography. He is dating Bay, he started to
like her after they searched for her biological dad and in last episode he spoke with his voice for the first time in many years to her.

v i d e o of the moment

r e a s o n s ;
He's so expressive
He has a great sense of humor
He's really cute
His eyes are so blue

f u t u r e titles
"Love yourself. Love everyone. It's the life we all live in together. Cherish the life."
"Enjoy life. Appreciate with everything that has surrounded you. That's all I can say."

o l d e r threads
{01} {02} {03} {4}

Last edited by ollibear; 01-16-2016 at 12:23 PM
Old 02-17-2013, 09:11 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for starting the new thread! Please add me as a supporter.

I do believe Sean Berdy is my favorite actor of all time. When an entire world full of high-caliber actors exists out there, that seems a rather startling statement to make about a 19 year old tv star. But Sean Berdy is unique. He possesses a rather unusual combination of qualities of the masters and his own one-of-a-kind style.

Sean Berdy does have that James Dean appeal, and he also reminds me of young Paul Newman, who I have always admired. Berdy has a way of communicating with his eyes, like Newman. If you have ever seen Newman in 1961's The Hustler, as Fast Eddie Felson, you will see the resemblance between him and Berdy. It is uncanny and makes me wish the character of Emmett would start playing pool. There's something alluring about that game. Emmett would be a natural.

Also, Sean Berdy's performance as Emmett reminds me of Jim Carrey's performance as Joel, in Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, one of my favorite movies. In a review, Roger Ebert said Carrey "dials down his natural energy to give us a man who is so lonely and needy that a fragment of memory is better than none at all." Berdy has done something similar with his work as Emmett over the last year. Both performances haunt me.

Last edited by ollibear; 02-17-2013 at 11:05 AM
Old 02-17-2013, 10:00 AM
Addicted Fan

thanks for the new thread!
Old 02-17-2013, 07:43 PM
Elite Fan

Amy, you're added!

I definitely think Sean does a very good job and Emmett certainly adds a lot to the show. In the pilot, I have to admit, I wasn't sure whether I was going to stick with the show because I find pilots hard to judge where they are going with the show. And I wasn't sure where Emmett was going to go.

I am very thankful I stuck around and though I won't say I have agreed with some of the story telling decisions for Emmett, I have to say it has been nice seeing Sean get some meaty stories and he has really grown up since the first half. He looked so young. I am pretty sure when they started filming he wasn't even 18, and the youngest on set after Vanessa.

It's always fun watching young actors grow, and Sean falls into that category. Hopefully he can have more stories that will show his range as an actor.
Old 02-18-2013, 01:11 AM
Addicted Fan

I had to post how much I love Emmett. I really do.. He's been shown to be human, make mistakes but he also makes up for them.. He's not perfect and I love that about him. He's such a bad boy but has such a huge heart. His snide comments and sarcasm cracks me up, the boy couldn't be more adorable if he tried.

Total props to Sean Berdy, he portrays Emmett SO well. No one could do a better job than him.

Please add me as well

Last edited by americanamuchacha020; 02-18-2013 at 01:23 AM
Old 02-19-2013, 07:15 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Tfnt!
Old 02-19-2013, 05:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the new thread, Alyssa.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 02-21-2013, 07:58 PM
Elite Fan

You're welcome
Old 02-23-2013, 11:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Taylor Swift

TFTNT
Old 02-24-2013, 02:02 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by americanamuchacha020 (View Post)
I had to post how much I love Emmett. I really do.. He's been shown to be human, make mistakes but he also makes up for them.. He's not perfect and I love that about him. He's such a bad boy but has such a huge heart. His snide comments and sarcasm cracks me up, the boy couldn't be more adorable if he tried.

Total props to Sean Berdy, he portrays Emmett SO well. No one could do a better job than him.

Please add me as well
I agree 100%. Sean Berdy makes Emmett so REAL. And the writers are NOT tapping his full potential. Switched at Birth has a gold mine in this actor. I hope, I really hope, the writers give him a story that allows the show to strike it big.
Old 02-24-2013, 04:51 PM
Elite Fan

I'm sure they will...eventually.

I think they could do a lot with him if Regina's behavior spirals to a point that she endangers Bay or Daphne. He tends to do his best work when it involves either of those two girls, especially Bay.
Old 02-25-2013, 02:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I have to admit, I love the Emmett we've been getting ... I know it's got to be hard for him to let Bay go but I just love how cool and collected he has been in the scenes we do get with him, lol. With Toby, with Bay, even Daphne - he's just been so awesome.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 02-25-2013, 08:08 PM
Addicted Fan

lol emmett's friend jackson was mentioned again in this episode. are they ever going to introduce him?
Old 02-25-2013, 08:45 PM
Supreme Fan

His scenes with Melody cracked me up ... especially when he said it was his Mom's fault that he overslept . Such a teenaged boy! Then Travis came to Melody's side like the "good" son, and Emmett's like WTF? I really miss his great interaction with his mom.
ODO & KIRA (DS9)

Old 02-25-2013, 10:04 PM
Loyal Fan

next episode looks like Bay is gonna throw down and Emmett intervenes