Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 08-16-2012, 02:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
And we'll see him deal with the loss of his relationship which is hard for a lot of people, but even harder when you've caused it to end and I could see him wallowing in self-pity and making dumb decisions because of it.
Which, unfortunately, is something else that happens. People tend to not put out their best while in such a negative place or state of mind. I do wonder what it will take to pull himself up out of it.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 08-16-2012, 05:35 PM
Elite Fan

I would imagine seeing how badly he hurt Bay would really be a big factor. When you see someone you claim you love in that much pain, knowing you caused them such pain has to be a wake up call to turn it around.

I will say, I don't hate Emmett, but I'm very disappointed in him and it is hard at times to dredge up sympathy. The worst for me was right after the cheating, with the whole movie shoot. The whole time I just felt so bad for Bay and Toby walking around completely clueless. If it was me, it would be so humiliating to know I was hanging out with the person who my significant other cheated on me with. I'd feel like a fool, and I bet Bay does, and I hope she lets him know that.

I do get the argument that you shouldn't always tell because it's your burden to carry, and I know Emmett knew he screwed up, but a part of me if he really knew. Yes, it was wrong to cheat on Bay, but I don't know if he thought about the aftermath. It's different if you cheat (I mean, cheating is still cheating) with someone you met randomly in a bar miles away from home who your partner has no chance of running into, but Simone was Toby's girlfriend, it seemed like Bay was making an effort to give the friendship another go, Daphne seemed open to being friends with Simone again, and even if Toby and her broke up, Bay would still have to see Simone in school for the next two years or so.

She was just so hunkered down in their lives, and that really made the situation worse for me, and how I viewed Emmett. I am still giving him the benefit of the doubt and the chance to be redeemed, but out of the whole cheating fiasco, excluding the actual cheating, I think that was when I was the most truly disgusted in him.
Old 08-20-2012, 06:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, the situation does become extra sensitve when a complete stranger is not involved in the cheating, instead, it's someone you know or who is close to you. I mean, I think the only 'good' thing I'm hanging onto at this point regarding Emmett and the cheating scenario, if I can even call it that, is that this was truly presented as a one night stand at this point. It's a screw up and not some far-fetched love triangle where Emmett was with Simone because he has these torn feelings over both Bay and Simone. That ... would have been the nail in the coffin for this couple IMO. At least right now, we can be comfortable knowing that Emmett's affections aren't divided, right now, it's completely about making it up to Bay and getting back into her good graces.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 08-20-2012, 06:37 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrhmLz (View Post)
Yeah, the situation does become extra sensitve when a complete stranger is not involved in the cheating, instead, it's someone you know or who is close to you. I mean, I think the only 'good' thing I'm hanging onto at this point regarding Emmett and the cheating scenario, if I can even call it that, is that this was truly presented as a one night stand at this point. It's a screw up and not some far-fetched love triangle where Emmett was with Simone because he has these torn feelings over both Bay and Simone. That ... would have been the nail in the coffin for this couple IMO. At least right now, we can be comfortable knowing that Emmett's affections aren't divided, right now, it's completely about making it up to Bay and getting back into her good graces.
Emmett will get back in Bay's good graces, he'll just need to be patient and understand... If this would of been a triangle with simone and bay, I would of said the same thing, this couple is done, stick a fork in them. He has to expect her to lash out right now, also that she's not thinking clearly and is basing every decision she's making on her emotions(that's a huge no no) but she's a teenager and doesn't know any better.
Old 08-20-2012, 09:59 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrhmLz (View Post)
Oh no. That would be a far worse scenario or even if he had cheated with Daphne I would have said no hope for Bay and Emmett. It really was a one night stand screw up, not that I am condoning it in the least. ONS or not, still very wrong and he does need to work hard. I think for a lot of people the just one time excuse seems to lessen the blow of cheating, and for me, yes, a long drawn out affair is awful, but one time stings just as bad.

I agree that Emmett is all about getting back into Bay's good graces. I'm pretty confident Emmett wouldn't touch Simone again with a ten foot pole, nor would he ever want to be around her again.

Quote:
Emmett will get back in Bay's good graces, he'll just need to be patient and understand...
Yes, that's the key. People say Bay acts a lot on her emotions, but I would say Emmett does too. Emmett's actions clearly showed that he doesn't have much forethought before going out and doing something stupid. Even before the cheating he was pushing her away and didn't want to talk about stuff and being closed. I'm not saying Emmett doesn't have it in him to be patient, but I think a big part of him wants to just get over it with Bay and have Bay understand that, which I get, but they're not just going to "get over" it. There has to be work put in and trust needs to rebuilt, so, yes, you're absolutely right. He needs to be patient because throwing some fit about how it's taking longer won't get him where he wants to be.
Old 08-20-2012, 08:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm predicting right now some moments where Emmett has a 'fit' because Bay is not coming around as fast as he would like.

Old 08-20-2012, 08:13 PM
Elite Fan

Bay would be like
Old 08-21-2012, 08:53 AM
New Fan

Add me please.
Old 08-21-2012, 01:00 PM
Elite Fan

Added
Old 08-21-2012, 01:37 PM
Addicted Fan

Emmett will have his frustrated moments but he has to let it out in a productive way and not on Bay. Perhaps go for a ride, take some pictures, anything to let off steam.
Old 08-21-2012, 03:34 PM
Extreme Fan

Add me as a supporter please
A single text....................$1
Speaking his language...........Priceless

Old 08-21-2012, 04:14 PM
Elite Fan

Added, along with myself. I need to add myself to more of these threads.
Old 08-22-2012, 07:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Welcome, newbies.

Old 08-22-2012, 07:37 PM
Elite Fan

Yes, welcome!
Old 08-22-2012, 09:10 PM
Extreme Fan

So glad to be here. Now lets chat.
A single text....................$1
Speaking his language...........Priceless