Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-07-2014, 09:50 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollibear (View Post)
Oh, I don't think you need to be getting married in a few weeks to understand that. I think we all understand that. I do anyway.

And for all we know, Sean was invited and just chose not to attend. That's what I have heard through the grapevine most often--that Sean is included in everything the cast does, but he often chooses not to participate.

Destination weddings can be expensive and time-consuming for guests, too. Lots of people do not even go to local weddings, let alone ones taking place out of town. Weddings are a lot of pressure, even on the guests. I do not go to weddings, even for co-workers, unless I am am very close to the bride or groom.

Daniel (Matthew), Stephanie (Natalie), Bianca (Sharee), R.J. (Campbell), Ivonne (Adrianna), and lots of others were not there, too. But Sean is the only series regular missing.

I hope Katie and Brian had a beautiful day, and it was everything they dreamed.
That's very true.

Also, I didn't mean to imply you had to be getting married in a few weeks to understand that or that's the only way to understand that.

I could see him choosing not to attend. And yes, destination weddings are expensive and time consuming. I wouldn't go unless I was close to someone.

I hope Katie and Brian also had a beautiful day. Weddings can be so stressful and a lot of the times feel like they are about everyone else. For example, my bridal shower was yesterday and I had a really nice time. It was mainly my mom's friends, some family, and my bridesmaids. I wrote this really genuine thank you on facebook and someone I went to school with who wasn't invited (I really didn't invite many friends though) made this nasty comment about why wasn't she invited. It just made me feel awful. But honestly? I haven't talked to this person in over a year. Now it makes me feel obligated to extend an invite to the wedding.

It was like thanks for making my day about you and you not being included? I don't know. Truthfully since it was on facebook I don't even know the context, like was it a joke or for real? And the shower was a surprise. I had no idea when it would be.

Anyway, going off on a tangent. Sorry!

I do genuinely hope Katie's wedding day was beautiful!
Old 09-07-2014, 10:46 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerfan714 (View Post)
I wrote this really genuine thank you on facebook and someone I went to school with who wasn't invited (I really didn't invite many friends though) made this nasty comment about why wasn't she invited. It just made me feel awful. But honestly? I haven't talked to this person in over a year. Now it makes me feel obligated to extend an invite to the wedding.

It was like thanks for making my day about you and you not being included? I don't know. Truthfully since it was on facebook I don't even know the context, like was it a joke or for real? And the shower was a surprise. I had no idea when it would be.
I just went to take a peek. It was a joke. At least, that's what the tone says to me.

If someone I never considered inviting to my wedding came to me and said, "I really want to be at your wedding. You mean the world to me." Then, I would consider extending an invitation. But for a tongue-in-cheek post on facebook, I would not change my plans. Your wedding is YOUR day.

Katie's wedding picture actually has me wishing we could see her character Daphne have a BIG wedding on the show. It's funny, too, because just yesterday, I was thinking that I did not want to see any big weddings on Switched at Birth ever.

I had been thinking it is too personal and private of a moment to splash it all over a TV show, as if that would cheapen it.

But now that I see Katie's pictures, I have to admit that I would like to see her character have a big wedding.
Old 09-07-2014, 11:32 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
because just yesterday, I was thinking that I did not want to see any big weddings on Switched at Birth ever.

I had been thinking it is too personal and private of a moment to splash it all over a TV show, as if that would cheapen it.
not me! i don't need every single second played out on screen but give me a bemmett wedding!! (although i doubt we'll ever see that)

first things first, daphne needs a love interest i can get invested in. sadly it looks like austin butler won't be back anytime soon.
Old 09-07-2014, 01:03 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneH (View Post)
not me! i don't need every single second played out on screen but give me a bemmett wedding!! (although i doubt we'll ever see that)

first things first, daphne needs a love interest i can get invested in. sadly it looks like austin butler won't be back anytime soon.
NO!!!!

I don't want a Bemmett wedding. That's too personal. It's embarrassing. Their feelings run too deep. I really do not want to see that on screen.

Some silly TV show wedding could never encapsulate all of the deep emotion that exists between the two characters.

Weddings are beautiful, wonderful things. They are symbolic and meaningful. I love to see weddings. They warm my heart and make me believe in the strength of goodness in the world. For a character like Daphne, I am detached enough that I could watch and enjoy her wedding.

But I don't want to see a TV wedding for Bay & Emmett. All of the special moments would seem forced, put on, cliche. Their wedding could never live up to my dreams for them, so I do not want the writers and actors to even attempt it.

Whether Bay & Emmett chose a traditional wedding OR married in their own special style (arriving to the ceremony on a motorcycle, giving photography-inspired gifts to their guests, choosing a street-art-decorated venue for their reception), whatever they might do, it will seem trite compared to their love.

There is just no way to adequately condense that kind of depth in a public ceremony on a TV show. I would rather Bay & Emmett elope, and we learn about their marriage after the fact. Or they could choose to be life partners without marriage--THAT would be best of all.

I do not want Bay & Emmett's wedding to turn out like the graduation ceremony in the season finale. So much time was wasted on guests arriving and departing, the singing, the speeches, and the fake hugs. I would rather see an episode with real interaction and dialogue between characters, than some big event that requires lots of extras we do not even know.

Then, of course, Switched at Birth prides itself on the dramatic twist. Either before or after the ceremony, some woman will show up claiming to be pregnant with Emmett's love child OR news will come that Ty has been killed in action, leaving Bay distraught and unable to marry Emmett. Or worst of all, Daphne will find a way to destroy Bay's moment in the spotlight. (After all Bay took the fall for Daphne, I am sure Daphne will find a way to mess up her "sister's" wedding day. No good deed goes unpunished.)

I don't need that.

I could trust the writers with Daphne's nuptials, because I am not invested in her character. I no longer believe the writers are desirous of making Bay & Emmett's wedding meaningful. I am not even sure if they are capable of doing it.

It's like the second prom. I love the images from it, because I love Bay & Emmett. But I feel as though the writers purposefully patronized Bemmett fans with that episode. They didn't care enough to give the story the time it needed to feel sincere. It jumps from Emmett wanting to make the event special for Bay, to Bay wanting to take a stand for her fellow students, to everyone living happily ever after.

Even Matthew dances with Sharee, the woman he originally framed for slashing tires. The emotions felt corny and contrived.

I would like to see a wedding, but I would rather it be Daphne's big day.
Old 09-07-2014, 02:18 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Honestly I just don't want it affecting the story.
I hope it doesn't. Or hasn't already. I would really really hate that.
Old 09-08-2014, 07:57 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollibear
I just went to take a peek. It was a joke. At least, that's what the tone says to me.

If someone I never considered inviting to my wedding came to me and said, "I really want to be at your wedding. You mean the world to me." Then, I would consider extending an invitation. But for a tongue-in-cheek post on facebook, I would not change my plans. Your wedding is YOUR day.
Thanks! I hope so. I've probably spent too much time worrying about it anyway. Not my problem either way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollibear
Katie's wedding picture actually has me wishing we could see her character Daphne have a BIG wedding on the show. It's funny, too, because just yesterday, I was thinking that I did not want to see any big weddings on Switched at Birth ever.

But now that I see Katie's pictures, I have to admit that I would like to see her character have a big wedding.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneH

Katie did look very pretty, but yeah. Daphne's love interests have been awful. So until they can find that guy she clicks with or Austin comes back, I don't know about Daphne getting married.

Actually, scratch that. Daphne needs to get her life together and then can worry about finding love. Right now girlfriend needs to check herself before letting Bay wreck herself.

And it's not about punishing Daphne either; I honestly don't see her in the right frame of mind to be in a relationship. What Daphne could use - what they both could use really - is some therapy already.

Not only has the switch affected and exacerbated behaviors and insecurities, but neither set of parents or parents/parent knows how to deal with the girls. With Bay, John and Kathryn are on the offensive and Regina is way too passive in giving them the reigns.

With Daphne, Kathryn and John and Regina are all on the offensive and fighting to take charge. It's not good for either girl.

There's a lot Daphne herself needs to work on. She may have made up with Angelo, but her choice in men still says to me that she has a lot of abandonment issues.
Old 09-08-2014, 08:12 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
She may have made up with Angelo, but her choice in men still says to me that she has a lot of abandonment issues.
yeah and at least it was finally mentioned, when regina asked daphne what it was about her and all her bad~boys.

hopefully that means the next guy she dates will actually be a good guy.
Old 09-08-2014, 08:24 PM
Elite Fan

I still can't believe she thought her and Nacho were a thing.
Old 09-08-2014, 08:29 PM
Addicted Fan

lol i'm not even surprised. tbh though, i liked nacho as a character more than jeff, campbell, and jace.
Old 09-08-2014, 08:50 PM
Elite Fan

Well, Jeff is obvious.

Jace I couldn't stand either.

She does seem to go for a-holes. Liam, Jeff, Jace. Noah seemed fake to me. Oh I'll date your sister because you're sorta into me but not but then I'll use the play as an opportunity to make out with you.

Please.
Old 09-09-2014, 03:06 PM
Master Fan

This article makes me want to see that choreographed first dance!!!

If you move the cursor over the picture, you can see an up close view. Everything seems sweet and sincere for Katie Leclerc's pink and yellow wedding. The pictures give me a warm feeling. I am happy for her.

Switched at Birth Star Katie Leclerc's Wedding: Exclusive Pictures - Us Weekly
Old 09-09-2014, 03:23 PM
Elite Fan

That's awesome

Cards Against Humanity is a fun game that can get a bit....ugh...yeah.
Old 09-09-2014, 07:06 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerfan714 (View Post)

Well, Jeff is obvious.

Jace I couldn't stand either.
Even though Jace was an a-hole it was still honourable of him to take the fall at the end of their blackmail
Old 09-10-2014, 03:53 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anastasia Belle_02 (View Post)
Even though Jace was an a-hole it was still honourable of him to take the fall at the end of their blackmail
I liked Jace at the end, too. He had some good points, but they were hidden by his selfish, self-centered choices and need to put others in their place.

Jace pointed out some truly wise truths for Daphne to ponder, though. The problem is that Daphne never took the time to think about any of them.

Jace was a pro at pointing out others' hypocrisy. I loved how good he was at signing.
Old 09-10-2014, 04:22 PM
Elite Fan

He did point out to Daphne stealing is stealing. She was okay taking money but drew the line at the credit card. Now it's true using someone's credit card can be worse in mucking up their credit, but let's not act like stealing money, even if it's just $20, is okay.