Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-04-2012, 06:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm very intrigued by Daphne's sl I think it could end up very badly for her cause it could be a very painful lesson for her.

Loved seeing Toby and Daphne bonding throughout the episode. It was great seeing him learning to sign and him tryingto there for his sister. Loved that Toby was first one she talked about what happened at work.
Old 09-04-2012, 08:39 AM
Addicted Fan

The typical friction before the infatuation starts for a romance. lol
Old 09-04-2012, 09:52 AM
Moderator Support Team

I wish that they shouldn't give her this storyline since it will become too predicate.. Sigh.. But I only like how she wants to prove hm that she can do it that she's not burden..

are you sleepy? wanna sleep?
is that what you want?

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
Old 09-04-2012, 12:17 PM
Elite Fan

Maybe that fact that it happens fast and so on, its not gonna last???

Also why do we have Manish's character - the other chef there, i am hoping he likes Daphne as well, but Daphne is gonna be hung up on Jeff
Emma Swan ♥ Killian Hook Jones
Old 09-04-2012, 01:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I hope the whole thing with Jeff burns out fast. I'm not just not a fan of this storyline so far.

They didn't show much of Manish's character which makes me hopefully that they are going to build up that relationship. Hope they do that for his character too.

I really loved that Daphne is bonding with Toby. I liked those scenes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loganandroryforever (View Post)
Add me. I love daphne. I don't like the looks of next weeks promo.
Welcome! I'll go add you. Me either.
Old 09-04-2012, 01:12 PM
Elite Fan

Me neither.

It's not just the fact that he's older, but he's her boss, and I just see this going very badly.

I'm not saying age differences always mean something. My parents are ten years apart, but when they met my mom was out of college, starting her career and in her 20s. It's also a matter of life experience. Daphne isn't where Jeff is, and even though I could be off about this because I was about Emmett and Bay's virginity statuses, I think Daphne is a virgin and even if she isn't, this is an older guy and a more intense relationship.

I know it's television, but sometimes I really don't like the way they glorify younger girls/older guys, especially when said girl is in high school. Bottom line, if there's an age difference, it will always be there, but it tends to dissipate with time and experience.

I am also worried about what this could do for her career and future employment. And the guy was just a jerk. Sorry, but I think she can do better. I'm sitting this one out.
Old 09-04-2012, 02:41 PM
Fan Forum Star

Add me to the list, please?

I was in my new house placing daydreams
-------Patching up the crack along the wall
→ Jessica | creative dream
Old 09-04-2012, 03:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hey Jessica! I'll go add you.
Old 09-05-2012, 01:04 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thank you, Tara

I was in my new house placing daydreams
-------Patching up the crack along the wall
→ Jessica | creative dream
Old 09-05-2012, 08:25 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lennie1984 (View Post)
Maybe that fact that it happens fast and so on, its not gonna last???

Also why do we have Manish's character - the other chef there, i am hoping he likes Daphne as well, but Daphne is gonna be hung up on Jeff
I would love to see something happen in between Daphne and Manish's character.. Cross the finger even I felt like their build-up would be so much better than this one..

is that what you want?

Old 09-05-2012, 05:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by loganandroryforever (View Post)
Add me. I love daphne. I don't like the looks of next weeks promo.
Welcome to the thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaybeLove. (View Post)
Add me to the list, please?
Welcome to the thread, Jess.

yeah, the jeff direction is going to bother me, I can tell. It'll suck if she ends up sleeping with him because I can tell this is going to be one of those relationships that is controversial in a bad way.

I wonder if a sexual harrassment issue can arise out of it (coming from the perspective of other employees), it is employee/boss after all, not to mention statutory charges because of the age difference.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 09-05-2012, 05:32 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrhmLz (View Post)
Welcome to the thread.

yeah, the jeff direction is going to bother me, I can tell. It'll suck if she ends up sleeping with him because I can tell this is going to be one of those relationships that is controversial in a bad way.

I wonder if a sexual harrassment issue can arise out of it (coming from the perspective of other employees), it is employee/boss after all, not to mention statutory charges because of the age difference.
Yeah, from the looks of the promos, it does look like they sleep together. Katie tweeted about having a very steamy romance, so when I saw the word steamy, my mind immediately went to sex. yikes. She'll learn something out of this relationship.
Old 09-06-2012, 08:35 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:

Yeah, I feel the same way plus I doubt that they will mention about sexual harassment or since he's her boss... Sigh..

is that what you want?

Old 09-06-2012, 08:50 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Welcome to the thread.

Yeah, I have a feeling she might though they way they are hyping it in the promos and knowing it's that "forbidden" fruit thing.

Technically it is still statutory rape until she's 17 which is the age of consent in MO; but seeing as she's not 17 yet, things can get bad for him if the Kennishes and Regina decided to pursue it.

Mostly though it could end up hurting her future career. Hard enough being deaf in the kitchen. I don't even want to know what would happen if someone found out she was sleeping with her boss. I'm sure the restaurant industry though it seems big can be awfully small when people start talking about you.

Sigh.
Old 09-06-2012, 10:06 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlyshorty85 (View Post)
I would love to see something happen in between Daphne and Manish's character.. Cross the finger even I felt like their build-up would be so much better than this one..
I hope it will be.......

Have we figured out his chanracter name yet? lol
Emma Swan ♥ Killian Hook Jones