Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-31-2015, 07:00 PM
Elite Fan

That's true. Why not spend time building it?

Maybe they wanted Travis to explore a real first love. As far as Daphne, I think perhaps they want her to not want a relationship that's all about the struggle/chasing.

Travis was too available for her at the time and as she so brilliantly said "I'm into whatever I can't have," or whatever the line was.

Maybe now that Travis has had a relationship, it'll be different.

I don't know what it'll take to get Daphne to that point though.
Old 03-31-2015, 07:11 PM
Addicted Fan

Plus there's that bit about her not being into deaf guys.
Old 03-31-2015, 07:19 PM
Elite Fan

Well Daphne's a riddle wrapped up in a maze.
Old 08-29-2015, 08:32 AM
Master Fan

Anyone have hope for a Daphne and Travis romance anymore?

I don't have much. I believe that ship has sailed.

I could see Daphne being superduper in favor of a Bay and Travis romance, though.

Daphne loves Bay and she wants to protect her. In Daphne's mind, who better to protect Bay than a good guy like Travis?

Daphne is loyal to both Bay and Travis. I could see this being something that would make Daphne feel like all is right with the world.

Travis is Daphne's best friend, and Bay is her sister. In Daphne's mind, a romance between the two of them will be good. They can bring each other out of the sadness over their recent breakups.

I remember when Daphne was so angry at Bay for jeopardizing Travis's job at the carwash. It will be nice to see things come full circle where they are all three best buddies, sort of like one big happy family.

Daphne dated Travis for one episode, but I don't see Daphne being jealous of Bay at all. I really don't think Daphne was ever into Travis.

Considering it's her two best friends, I think this is a romance Daphne will support.
Old 01-17-2016, 11:48 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerfan714 (View Post)
That's true. Why not spend time building it?

Maybe they wanted Travis to explore a real first love. As far as Daphne, I think perhaps they want her to not want a relationship that's all about the struggle/chasing.

Travis was too available for her at the time and as she so brilliantly said "I'm into whatever I can't have," or whatever the line was.

Maybe now that Travis has had a relationship, it'll be different.

I don't know what it'll take to get Daphne to that point though.
Considering Daphne was so strongly in favor of Bay pursuing a romance with Travis, I would say the Daphne and Travis love connection is kaput.

Even though I predicted it, I'm still surprised that Daphne declared Travis to be such a great guy to Bay. Doesn't Daphne remember how angry Travis was when she dated him?

She broke up with him over it. Oh, well.

For the writers, I believe Travis is an easy replacement for Emmett. For some reason, the writers seemed to fall out of favor with the either the character of Emmett or the actor who portrays him, and because of that, all of the scenes that the writers were never able to give to Emmett (with Daphne and Bay) will now fall to Travis.

It will be as though the gang is still all here. Viewers just needed to wait until the writers could maneuver Travis into Emmett's old spot.

Perhaps we will see some fun scenes of Bay and Travis in love and hanging out with best friend Daphne, now.
Old 01-18-2016, 09:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollibear (View Post)
Anyone have hope for a Daphne and Travis romance anymore?

I don't have much. I believe that ship has sailed.

I could see Daphne being superduper in favor of a Bay and Travis romance, though.

Daphne loves Bay and she wants to protect her. In Daphne's mind, who better to protect Bay than a good guy like Travis?

Daphne is loyal to both Bay and Travis. I could see this being something that would make Daphne feel like all is right with the world.

Travis is Daphne's best friend, and Bay is her sister. In Daphne's mind, a romance between the two of them will be good. They can bring each other out of the sadness over their recent breakups.

I remember when Daphne was so angry at Bay for jeopardizing Travis's job at the carwash. It will be nice to see things come full circle where they are all three best buddies, sort of like one big happy family.

Daphne dated Travis for one episode, but I don't see Daphne being jealous of Bay at all. I really don't think Daphne was ever into Travis.

Considering it's her two best friends, I think this is a romance Daphne will support.
Not really I think they replaced Emmett and Daphne though
Old 01-24-2016, 09:08 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~TwilighterTee~ (View Post)
Not really I think they replaced Emmett and Daphne though
Yeah, me, too, unfortunately.

I have been watching old YouTube videos of Daphne and Emmett recently. Those videos used to bother me, because I was such a huge Bay and Emmett fan.

But now, I go back and watch those videos, and Daphne and Emmett did have a sweet friendship. I miss that. It had much more depth than what Daphne and Travis share.

It's a bummer to me that the writers are choosing to have Travis replace Emmett with Bay, Daphne, Melody, Toby, John, Kathryn, everyone.

(I would have included Regina, but she rarely interacts with any of her daughters' friends, not Emmett or Travis.)
Old 01-24-2016, 10:41 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Yeah, me, too, unfortunately.

I have been watching old YouTube videos of Daphne and Emmett recently. Those videos used to bother me, because I was such a huge Bay and Emmett fan.

But now, I go back and watch those videos, and Daphne and Emmett did have a sweet friendship. I miss that. It had much more depth than what Daphne and Travis share.

It's a bummer to me that the writers are choosing to have Travis replace Emmett with Bay, Daphne, Melody, Toby, John, Kathryn, everyone.

(I would have included Regina, but she rarely interacts with any of her daughters' friends, not Emmett or Travis.)
I know its so frustrating
Old 01-25-2016, 06:44 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I know its so frustrating
Last season, I did like the idea of Daphne calling Travis and Natalie her tribe. She told Mingo she was going to hang out with her tribe, instead of playing darts with him, in his room.

Then, Daphne walked off with Travis and Natalie. If Bay dates Travis next season, I think Daphne will become even better friends with Travis. He will be like a brother to her.
Old 01-25-2016, 10:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Last season, I did like the idea of Daphne calling Travis and Natalie her tribe. She told Mingo she was going to hang out with her tribe, instead of playing darts with him, in his room.

Then, Daphne walked off with Travis and Natalie. If Bay dates Travis next season, I think Daphne will become even better friends with Travis. He will be like a brother to her.
Yeeah that is true
Old 02-01-2016, 05:37 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Yeeah that is true
In another thread, I was just saying that I resent the writers' decision to have Travis replace Emmett in so many relationships on the show, but I have to say that the one positive is this:
Maybe now that the "dreaded Emmett" is off of our screens, the writers will finally allow a male character, Travis, to do buddy things with Daphne, have a cute romance with Bay, and be a good son to Melody. Maybe the writers will allow Travis to have all of those heartwarming scenes that I have been craving, and that the writers refused to allow Emmett to have, at least, once Emmett cheated on Bay, early in Season 1.
Old 02-10-2016, 10:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
In another thread, I was just saying that I resent the writers' decision to have Travis replace Emmett in so many relationships on the show, but I have to say that the one positive is this:
Maybe now that the "dreaded Emmett" is off of our screens, the writers will finally allow a male character, Travis, to do buddy things with Daphne, have a cute romance with Bay, and be a good son to Melody. Maybe the writers will allow Travis to have all of those heartwarming scenes that I have been craving, and that the writers refused to allow Emmett to have, at least, once Emmett cheated on Bay, early in Season 1.
Yeah its almost like they dont care to balance things out
Old 02-11-2016, 03:02 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Yeah its almost like they dont care to balance things out
The heartwarming scenes are coming, and I do believe Travis will be a big part of those. After the death of Angelo in Season 3 and the rape of Bay in Season 4, Season 5 will be episodes probably filled with moments that are heartwarming for the whole family.

We will probably see Bay and Daphne and their boyfriends and their parents together for lots of moments like that family dance that they did in Season 3. The writers will probably focus on giving viewers some warm fuzzy feelings.

Daphne and Travis's friendship, especially if he is dating Bay, will bring everyone together.
Old 02-12-2016, 07:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
The heartwarming scenes are coming, and I do believe Travis will be a big part of those. After the death of Angelo in Season 3 and the rape of Bay in Season 4, Season 5 will be episodes probably filled with moments that are heartwarming for the whole family.

We will probably see Bay and Daphne and their boyfriends and their parents together for lots of moments like that family dance that they did in Season 3. The writers will probably focus on giving viewers some warm fuzzy feelings.

Daphne and Travis's friendship, especially if he is dating Bay, will bring everyone together.
Yeah I agree.
Old 02-16-2016, 05:14 PM
Master Fan

Last season, we saw signs that Travis has really become Daphne's best friend. She and Natalie helped him over his heartbreak with Mary Beth. Travis is the one who warned Daphne not to let college pass her by, without having fun.

I like Daphne and Travis's friendship. It was awkward when Travis had a crush on her, but now that they have worked through that, it's good.

Travis has become like a brother to Daphne. He's really close to Bay and Toby now, too. I'm glad Travis is such a good guy with a heart of gold. He appreciates the Kennish siblings, because his own family was such a nightmare.

Travis would never let down Daphne, Bay, or Toby. Just like the title of this thread states, Travis would do anything for all three of them. He is a true friend.