Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 12-21-2013, 12:46 PM
Elite Fan

This thread hasn't had some love in a while.

Anyone have any thoughts on Daphne/Angelo?

I have a sneaking suspicion that Daphne and John's relationship will be rocky. I don't know if that means anything at all for Daphne and Angelo. But I wonder what type of relationship, if any, these two could have.

Will they ever get to a really good place? Or just stay as they are now? There hasn't been much movement with them in a while. Or interaction at all really. I know he gave her the food truck, but beyond that, not much. It could be intentional as their relationship quite possibly will always be awkward.
Old 12-21-2013, 02:09 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerfan714 (View Post)
This thread hasn't had some love in a while.

Anyone have any thoughts on Daphne/Angelo?

I have a sneaking suspicion that Daphne and John's relationship will be rocky. I don't know if that means anything at all for Daphne and Angelo. But I wonder what type of relationship, if any, these two could have.

Will they ever get to a really good place? Or just stay as they are now? There hasn't been much movement with them in a while. Or interaction at all really. I know he gave her the food truck, but beyond that, not much. It could be intentional as their relationship quite possibly will always be awkward.
Their relationship is interesting to me, because of one scene. When Angelo showed Lana the pictures of Daphne at Bay's anti-Valentine's Day party, I was not expecting the twinkle in his eye or the obvious love he feels for her, when looking at her baby pictures.

I had expected Angelo to be cold to Daphne. I had expected her to be someone with whom he disassociated himself, and it is obvious that he has not. It is obvious that he has very fond memories of her first three years with him. That makes sense. When I think about the love I felt for my daughter at the time she turned three, I cannot imagine anything ever vanquishing that. It is too strong.

So Daphne has no memory of Angelo, but Angelo has fond memories of Daphne. I believe a connection is possible. This relationship, if successful, would definitely be a strong argument for the strength of nurturing.

Yes, there is no nature to connect Daphne and Angelo, but if his memories of nurturing her still allow them a bond, EVEN when she does not remember him, that will be fascinating to me.
Old 12-21-2013, 07:50 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollibear (View Post)
Their relationship is interesting to me, because of one scene. When Angelo showed Lana the pictures of Daphne at Bay's anti-Valentine's Day party, I was not expecting the twinkle in his eye or the obvious love he feels for her, when looking at her baby pictures.

I had expected Angelo to be cold to Daphne. I had expected her to be someone with whom he disassociated himself, and it is obvious that he has not. It is obvious that he has very fond memories of her first three years with him. That makes sense. When I think about the love I felt for my daughter at the time she turned three, I cannot imagine anything ever vanquishing that. It is too strong.

So Daphne has no memory of Angelo, but Angelo has fond memories of Daphne. I believe a connection is possible. This relationship, if successful, would definitely be a strong argument for the strength of nurturing.

Yes, there is no nature to connect Daphne and Angelo, but if his memories of nurturing her still allow them a bond, EVEN when she does not remember him, that will be fascinating to me.
I do think Angelo has fond memories of Daphne and it does make sense. It doesn't go away.

It would be fascinating to me as well. Nurture is important. Nature is too, but I don't think anyone could deny the love between parents of adopted children. Granted Daphne wasn't adopted, but it's the closest analogy. She isn't biologically Angelo's.

I hope we get to see this relationship a little more and see it grow deeper. I do think it's possible.
Old 12-24-2013, 01:11 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I hope we get to see this relationship a little more and see it grow deeper. I do think it's possible.
I predict we will.

It will be interesting for Bay, as well. Angelo was the one and only parent that Bay had all to herself. Regina has always belonged more to Daphne. And Kathryn and John have worked so hard to become closer to Daphne, that Bay has really had to learn to share.

With Angelo, though, he was all hers.

But once Angelo was arrested, and especially after Lana turned up, Bay became a little more unsure of him. In one or two episodes, she really made an effort at pushing Angelo away.

I wonder how Bay would feel if Daphne grew closer to Angelo. Part of me believes that Bay is so good at sharing now, that it wouldn't phase her. But another part of me believes that it would sting.

That scene where Bay watches Angelo hold Abby at the hospital was sad. Bay is always, always feeling as though she doesn't belong. Before I voted in the Survivor Thread, I rewatched Game On yesterday. I always thought that the song that plays when Emmett and Simone have sex was more to express Emmett's internal dialogue, but watching it yesterday, I believe the lyrics fit Bay, too.

At that moment, Bay feels she doesn't belong to Emmett as much as Emmett feels he doesn't belong to her. So sad.
Old 12-25-2013, 10:36 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I predict we will.

It will be interesting for Bay, as well. Angelo was the one and only parent that Bay had all to herself. Regina has always belonged more to Daphne. And Kathryn and John have worked so hard to become closer to Daphne, that Bay has really had to learn to share.

With Angelo, though, he was all hers.

But once Angelo was arrested, and especially after Lana turned up, Bay became a little more unsure of him. In one or two episodes, she really made an effort at pushing Angelo away.

I wonder how Bay would feel if Daphne grew closer to Angelo. Part of me believes that Bay is so good at sharing now, that it wouldn't phase her. But another part of me believes that it would sting.

That scene where Bay watches Angelo hold Abby at the hospital was sad. Bay is always, always feeling as though she doesn't belong. Before I voted in the Survivor Thread, I rewatched Game On yesterday. I always thought that the song that plays when Emmett and Simone have sex was more to express Emmett's internal dialogue, but watching it yesterday, I believe the lyrics fit Bay, too.

At that moment, Bay feels she doesn't belong to Emmett as much as Emmett feels he doesn't belong to her. So sad.
That's true.

I don't know how Bay would feel. I think there's a part of her that enjoys not having to share Angelo, but I think she did want Daphne and Angelo to make headway or at least for Daphne to not hurt over Angelo leaving.

I think sharing parents, whether it be Angelo or Regina or Kathryn or John will be a sore subject for the girls. They'll get older and mature of course, but I think even siblings from the same parents have competition issues throughout their lives. No matter how secure you are, you don't want to ever feel second best to a sibling.

So, it could prove to be interesting if Daphne/Angelo move forward.
Old 12-27-2013, 07:27 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
That's true.

I don't know how Bay would feel. I think there's a part of her that enjoys not having to share Angelo, but I think she did want Daphne and Angelo to make headway or at least for Daphne to not hurt over Angelo leaving.

I think sharing parents, whether it be Angelo or Regina or Kathryn or John will be a sore subject for the girls. They'll get older and mature of course, but I think even siblings from the same parents have competition issues throughout their lives. No matter how secure you are, you don't want to ever feel second best to a sibling.

So, it could prove to be interesting if Daphne/Angelo move forward.
Very true. I almost feel as though Bay wanted Daphne and Angelo to make headway, because that would secure Angelo in her life a little more surely.

I believe there was a part of Bay that was scared that if Daphne could not accept Angelo, then John & Kathryn might push to send him away.

And then, when the whole Lana thing broke, it seemed like Bay wanted to push Angelo away herself. But Bay overcame that. The anti-Valentine's Day party was a step in the right direction. So was this summer together, even if Angelo and Bay did get into a couple of arguments.

Now that the girls no longer seem to fight over boys, Daphne, Angelo, and Bay could be an interesting triangle. And of course, John is the other point to that relationship square.
Old 12-27-2013, 08:58 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Very true. I almost feel as though Bay wanted Daphne and Angelo to make headway, because that would secure Angelo in her life a little more surely.

I believe there was a part of Bay that was scared that if Daphne could not accept Angelo, then John & Kathryn might push to send him away.

And then, when the whole Lana thing broke, it seemed like Bay wanted to push Angelo away herself. But Bay overcame that. The anti-Valentine's Day party was a step in the right direction. So was this summer together, even if Angelo and Bay did get into a couple of arguments.

Now that the girls no longer seem to fight over boys, Daphne, Angelo, and Bay could be an interesting triangle. And of course, John is the other point to that relationship square.
Yes. I do think it would be easier for Bay if there was no tension between Daphne & Angelo.

I think Bay probably did think that J&K would send him away.

Daphne/Angelo/Bay would be definitely a different kind of triangle. And they do always have John, too. Keeping things interesting.
Old 12-29-2013, 07:33 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Daphne/Angelo/Bay would be definitely a different kind of triangle. And they do always have John, too. Keeping things interesting.
Yes, I really do not want to see Daphne and Bay in any more romantic love triangles. I would much rather see these family dynamics play themselves out.

What sorts of things might Angelo and Daphne do together, to deepen their father/daughter relationship?
Old 12-29-2013, 11:24 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Yes, I really do not want to see Daphne and Bay in any more romantic love triangles. I would much rather see these family dynamics play themselves out.

What sorts of things might Angelo and Daphne do together, to deepen their father/daughter relationship?
Maybe they could cook together? Or build something?
Old 12-29-2013, 02:47 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Visit the emergency room again? 'You need to groan!'
I adored that scene of them together.

I'd like to see them cook together and have Angelo learn to sign (sign better? does he even sign? I can't quite remember).
But a scene with him and Daphne cooking together would be great.

No matter how the wind howls, the mountain cannot bow to it -The Emperor from Mulan
Old 12-29-2013, 10:25 PM
Elite Fan

Maybe Angelo should hurt himself more often. Kidding. But I loved Daphne's expression. Like, dude, even I know that was a weak ass groan.
Old 06-16-2014, 10:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

How precious were they in this episode?
Old 06-17-2014, 09:25 AM
Elite Fan

It was nice seeing their relationship expand.
Old 06-17-2014, 09:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm glad Angelo is finally signing.
Old 06-17-2014, 12:05 PM
Loyal Fan

They were adorable last night, and I'm hopeful that good things will be coming for this relationship. It's nice getting a little view of what things could have been like if Angelo hadn't left. And it's great he's learning to sign. Finally!

No matter how the wind howls, the mountain cannot bow to it -The Emperor from Mulan