Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-28-2012, 12:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Daphne/Angelo appreciation thread #1

I hope it's ok I opened this thread. I like their relationship and I think it'd be very interesting to explore it more.

Supporters

1. Maité
2. GrhmLz
3. ~TwilighterTee~

Last edited by ollibear; 01-05-2016 at 08:29 PM
Old 10-28-2012, 07:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It's fine that you opened it. I like them too, I was actually going to open one myself.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 10-28-2012, 09:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Good

Nice progress of them in the finale
Old 10-28-2012, 09:28 PM
Elite Fan

Yes, thanks for opening!

I hope to get more development here.
Old 11-01-2012, 12:01 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerfan714 (View Post)
I hope to get more development here.
Me too.

I liked when Daphne gave him the gift and he signed thank you.
Old 11-01-2012, 02:18 PM
Elite Fan

That was nice.
Old 11-01-2012, 03:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That was one of their more easy-going, touching scenes together.

Not that I condone violence but I'm glad that his instinctive reaction was to protect Daphne's well-being during the whole Jeff debacle. Sorry, but the guy deserved it. I don't buy that he didn't realize he was leading Daphne on.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 11-02-2012, 07:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, he didn't even hesitate. And he called Daphne his daughter. Nice change from that scene in the hospital where the nurse asked if she was his daughter.
Old 11-03-2012, 12:01 AM
Fan Forum Star

exactly and that he's being overprotective.
Old 11-03-2012, 07:05 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrhmLz (View Post)
That was one of their more easy-going, touching scenes together.

Not that I condone violence but I'm glad that his instinctive reaction was to protect Daphne's well-being during the whole Jeff debacle. Sorry, but the guy deserved it. I don't buy that he didn't realize he was leading Daphne on.
Agreed. I don't condone violence, but there are times they just deserve it. Jeff did, and I'm glad Angelo immediately had a reaction to it. "What kind of guy thinks it's okay to date a high school girl?"

I think sadly television makes it okay too often. And yes, maybe this sounds hypocritical, but if Daphne was eighteen and in college, then a ten year age difference while still big, wouldn't be as bad because she would technically be an adult. It would still be sketchy because he's her boss.
Old 11-04-2012, 05:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I think sadly television makes it okay too often. And yes, maybe this sounds hypocritical, but if Daphne was eighteen and in college, then a ten year age difference while still big, wouldn't be as bad because she would technically be an adult. It would still be sketchy because he's her boss.
Agreed. On both accounts - Daphne being of legal age changes the playing ground a little bit, but only as far as the law goes. Unfortunately, I still see moral accountability for Jeff taking advantage of Daphne when she's so much younger and does not have as much life experience. The boss issue definitely raises alot of flags.

Old 11-04-2012, 06:14 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Agreed. On both accounts - Daphne being of legal age changes the playing ground a little bit, but only as far as the law goes. Unfortunately, I still see moral accountability for Jeff taking advantage of Daphne when she's so much younger and does not have as much life experience. The boss issue definitely raises alot of flags.
But Daphne did pursue this. Yes, Jeff was morally in the wrong to allow it, but he did not chase her or use his position as chef to pressure her in any way. And from all real-world indications, 16 is the legal age of consent in the state where they live and work. But I agree, morally what he allowed to happen was despicable.

I am actually surprised that no one ever mentions Bay and Ty. In that relationship, Bay was a 15 year old virgin, and Ty was 19 and appeared to have a lot more experience than Bay. Not only would it not have been legal had Ty chosen to act, but with him leaving, it would have been immoral, too. How unfair to do that to a young girl. And while he did stop things the night of the fundraiser party, a few days later, he indicated to Bay that he was ready, willing, and wanted it to happen before he left. I love Ty and Bay together, so I am glad that the two of them together (at different times) had enough sense not to let that happen. Now that Bay is older, if he came back, that would be fine. But not while she was 15.

Getting back to Daphne and Angelo, I find myself wondering how protective he will be of Daphne in the second season. This new role that he is playing in her life could really be the way to bridge the distance between them. Daphne has needed a male protector in her life. Part of me thinks that is why she fell for Jeff. She wanted that strong father figure, and he definitely played the part with the authoritarian persona he displayed in the kitchen. I really think a strong Daphne/Angelo relationship could be very healing for both of them.
Old 11-04-2012, 11:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollibear (View Post)
BDaphne has needed a male protector in her life. Part of me thinks that is why she fell for Jeff. She wanted that strong father figure, and he definitely played the part with the authoritarian persona he displayed in the kitchen.
Good point. I hadn't thought of that.

Quote:
I really think a strong Daphne/Angelo relationship could be very healing for both of them.
I totally agree.
Old 11-04-2012, 07:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
But Daphne did pursue this. Yes, Jeff was morally in the wrong to allow it, but he did not chase her or use his position as chef to pressure her in any way. And from all real-world indications, 16 is the legal age of consent in the state where they live and work. But I agree, morally what he allowed to happen was despicable.
I was referring to a hypothetical situation that Alyssa pointed out, if Daphne had been of legal age. I was separating 'laws' and moral accountablity regardless of no legal limitations, meaning just because there is no law preventing something, doesn't mean that it's still the right thing to do. Regardless of who is doing the pursuing, a person with more life experience, or more maturity, does know better - that is what I was inferring about Jeff still having moral accountablity even if Daphne had been like 18, when he's like ten years older.

Old 11-04-2012, 07:53 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I was referring to a hypothetical situation that Alyssa pointed out, if Daphne had been of legal age. I was separating 'laws' and moral accountablity regardless of no legal limitations, meaning just because there is no law preventing something, doesn't mean that it's still the right thing to do. Regardless of who is doing the pursuing, a person with more life experience, or more maturity, does know better - that is what I was inferring about Jeff still having moral accountablity even if Daphne had been like 18, when he's like ten years older.
I was agreeing with you, in both the hypothetical situation and the actual situation in the show.

Although, it would be even worse if Jeff in any way had pursued Daphne or had used his position as her boss to pressure her. That would have been unforgiveable. That would make him a predator.

As it was, it was just disgusting, stupid, and morally reprehensible on his part, at least, to me.