Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-26-2014, 06:44 PM
Supreme Fan

I feel like they've introduced so many characters that they didn't have much room for on the canvas - ex. Jorge, Campbell, Noah (where is he again?).
ODO & KIRA (DS9)

Old 06-29-2014, 11:21 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollibear (View Post)
As far as Bay and Tank are concerned, I feel the writing is well-planned.

Everyone has experienced (or knows someone who has experienced) an unreciprocated crush. In the beginning, that's what Tank had for Bay.

Bay thought she knew how she felt, but then, she injured her hand. Circumstances found Tank with a crush on someone who suddenly doubted her own convictions.

The accident shook Bay. And because Bay was experiencing self-doubt, she saw Tank as her hero. Bay leaned on Tank as a safety net. A more mature man would have realized what was happening, but Tank is new to love and didn't see the signs.

As for Bay, it took learning that Ty had never cheated for her to come to her senses and realize it was a mistake to choose a romantic relationship with someone for no reason other than safety.

She should have ended things with Tank, but she didn't have the foresight. She let things go on too long with Tank, and he got hurt.

I find the storyline to be realistic, though. I believe young people do make the same mistakes Bay and Tank made. So I liked it.

Even if Tank had become a platonic friend, the writers likely do not have room for his story in Season 4. To me, it would have been sad to see Bay develop this great friendship with Tank and then have him disappear.

So I am glad that I don't have to say goodbye to a character and to relationships that I will miss. I already miss Bay's relationship with Toby. When I see Bay interact with other characters, I would prefer it to be her family and the Deaf characters at Carlton. So for me, this storyline worked well.
I agree with this. I think the problem is that to some Bay and Daphne have had a lot of boyfriends. I don't necessarily think this is a huge deal, but it definitely makes it difficult to connect to characters who are there for only a short time and then moved out of the canvas.

Tank and Bay were written more realistically than the girls' other quick flings. For someone who had been hurt in relationships as much as Bay had, it makes sense that after she gets hurt and Tank rescues her, she thinks she could have more-than-friendly feelings for him. It's also about her residual feelings about Emmett and Ty.

Therefore, it also makes sense that after she finds out that Ty never cheated, she begins to realize Tank isn't someone she's attracted to in a romantic sense. But he makes her laugh and they have fun together and I think there's a part of Bay that sees herself in Tank. She doesn't want to hurt him.

In the end, she did because she was hiding with him. But like Amy said, it is something a lot of people do. Not just young people, but younger people may be more prone to it due to lack of knowledge. However, adults do it as well. Sometimes you just cling to someone for the wrong reason and are stuck in a place of 'how do I get out of this without causing a lot of hurt?'
Old 06-30-2014, 01:52 AM
Addicted Fan

I'm actually a fan of Tank, he's a really good guy and although he's handled some situations with Bay poorly, he freely admitted he doesn't know anything about love, so in that regard, he's incredibly naive with this. So for that, I can cut him some slack. He'd make a good boyfriend for a girl, but for a guy that is older than Bay, it seems Bay has a little more experience and the messyness of dating and relationships. She may not know everything about it but she's learned a lot for being so young and gotten through many hurdles to get where she is now. If there was no Emmett, I would of loved to see where they could take these two as a couple. However, I hope they'll mend their friendship one day and keep Tank on(I know that won't happen since guest stars disappear just as quickly as they were introduced) A girl can still dream.
Old 06-30-2014, 02:46 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes&FredFan (View Post)

I didn't want them as a couple - just as friends. I wanted Bay to have a guy friend that remained as a friend. A cool guy that she can hang out with on the college campus last season that would look out for her at college parties and listen to her when she needed to talk. Clearly, that's not permitted on the show because if a guy and a girl are friends, it has to become a relationship (ex. Travis/Daphne), even if it's doomed from the start and the writers don't put much into it.
I agree on that. It is very annoying that we don't see male/female friendship or one of them has to be gay (Renzo/Kathryn). The writers must not believe in male/female friendship . Also, we never see happy singles. Why do people always have to be coupled
Old 06-30-2014, 06:18 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
I hope they'll mend their friendship one day and keep Tank on(I know that won't happen since guest stars disappear just as quickly as they were introduced) A girl can still dream.
Totally agree with this. If it was season one, I'd say that we might still see Tank. But now I know better. Renzo's disappeared and Kathryn's not in dance anymore. Clearly it was just a "seasonal" hobby. Now she's writing yet another book, so that's this season's hobby. Jorge is gone now too. Matthew probably as well, since his storyline probably wrapped up with his big "reveal." That was the first time we saw Natalie in a long time.

Quote:
The writers must not believe in male/female friendship . Also, we never see happy singles. Why do people always have to be coupled
Wondering that myself. We haven't seen Emmett/Daphne interact in so long it's easy to forget they're supposed to be BFFs.
ODO & KIRA (DS9)

Old 03-31-2015, 05:03 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes&FredFan (View Post)
Totally agree with this. If it was season one, I'd say that we might still see Tank. But now I know better. Renzo's disappeared and Kathryn's not in dance anymore. Clearly it was just a "seasonal" hobby. Now she's writing yet another book, so that's this season's hobby. Jorge is gone now too. Matthew probably as well, since his storyline probably wrapped up with his big "reveal." That was the first time we saw Natalie in a long time.
Maybe the writers read this post and decided to prove us wrong.

Tank appears to be the guest star that just keeps giving.

I never liked him. For me, his character was insanely boring. But I have to say, I am interested in his story now. He has been wronged by the college, and I don't like to see injustice go unchecked.

I do wonder what will happen between Tank and Bay this summer. Will he be angry at her? Will he be sorry for what happened between them? Will Tank grow from this experience? Will he learn anything? Will he become bitter?

Is there still a chance for a Tank and Bay pregnancy? I haven't ruled out the possibility that their night together resulted in that, at least not completely.

Is there a chance for a Tank and Bay friendship? Common sense would say "no" because they have both hurt each other immensely.

But experience tells me that sometimes people are drawn to unhealthy, abusive, dysfunctional relationships.

I still cannot quite figure out why Bay did not choose to let go of Tank's friendship. He didn't want to be friends with her, after she cheated on him. Why did she force the issue?

Tank seems like a user to me. When Bay questioned his decision to move in with Toby, Tank insinuated that it was the least her family could do for him, after what their relationship cost him. Tank is always acting as though he is owed something. I wonder if that will be his "go-to" position this summer or if he will take responsibility and move beyond that.
Old 03-31-2015, 05:53 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Tank seems like a user to me. When Bay questioned his decision to move in with Toby, Tank insinuated that it was the least her family could do for him, after what their relationship cost him. Tank is always acting as though he is owed something. I wonder if that will be his "go-to" position this summer or if he will take responsibility and move beyond that.
Yes, this is how I see Tank as well.

I'm not arguing that Bay hurt him, but I think he's done questionable things too.

I really don't want to get too much of the dynamics of their relationship and talking about what happened this recent half is difficult for me. But it bothered me that before Bay had spoke to him in the apartment about her not remembering, when they first met up that day, it was just really cavalier and cold even on Tank's part. The whole "I'm not going to tell anyone. What's the big deal? We used protection."

I don't know. Bay did cheat on Tank so maybe in his mind it is a fair assessment for him to think her (in his mind at least) doing the same thing to Emmett wasn't a big deal.

But when he begged her to not tell the school it was assault, the whole "You know me, Bay. We were friends before we dated," etc, it just rang so false. If Tank could really say "What's the big deal?" to her like that after telling her they slept together knowing she had a boyfriend and seeing the anguish on her face, then he really didn't know her at all. And if he didn't really know her, they were never really friends.

I think people hurt each other a lot and sometimes you can get past it; however, Bay and Tank go beyond that. He really knows nothing about her. He never did. And I don't really think he wanted to.

There's just a lot that rings false and insincere to me about Tank.
Old 03-31-2015, 05:57 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerfan714 (View Post)
He really knows nothing about her. He never did. And I don't really think he wanted to.

There's just a lot that rings false and insincere to me about Tank.
I agree with these four sentences 100%.
Old 03-31-2015, 08:08 PM
Addicted Fan

yuck. i just do not want to see him again. ever.
Old 04-01-2015, 06:32 AM
Banned

Quote:

I for one think Tank was owed something from Bay. She kept pushing him to leave his frat to do things that he didn't really want to..because she wanted him to. So he did it. He made those sacrifices only for her to say...yeah I'm dumping you.

Quote:
when they first met up that day, it was just really cavalier and cold even on Tank's part. The whole "I'm not going to tell anyone. What's the big deal? We used protection."
That's because he wrote it off as a drunken mistake after the fact.

Quote:
when he begged her to not tell the school it was assault, the whole "You know me, Bay. We were friends before we dated," etc, it just rang so false. If Tank could really say "What's the big deal?" to her like that after telling her they slept together knowing she had a boyfriend and seeing the anguish on her face, then he really didn't know her at all. And if he didn't really know her, they were never really friends.
How is not wanting to be persecuted as a "rapist" proof that he never really knew her at all? As I said Tank thought after the night that maybe Bay made a drunken mistake..maybe they both did. In no way did he think it was rape. Drunken mistakes happen, especially with ex's. He woke up and realized this. He was just as confused that morning... the only difference it that he remembered the night.

If he really wasn't her friend, then he would have tried to make it more than what it was. He would have tried to make it seem like she wanted a relationship with him and he is the one who should feel hurt and used.
Old 04-01-2015, 08:06 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subject (View Post)
I for one think Tank was owed something from Bay. She kept pushing him to leave his frat to do things that he didn't really want to..because she wanted him to. So he did it. He made those sacrifices only for her to say...yeah I'm dumping you.
We will have to agree to disagree on this one.

If I sacrifice something for someone I love, I do not do it under the condition that my love now owes me something. My sacrifice means nothing, if it has strings attached.

I am a firm believer that these decisions must have a risk involved. Love is a gamble, not a guarantee. We cannot buy love.

Yeah, when we lose the gamble, it sucks. But don't up the ante, if you are not willing to suffer the loss. Love is the big league.

Neither Bay nor her family owed Tank anything. He was immature when he suggested that, and I lost respect for him because if it.

Quote:
That's because he wrote it off as a drunken mistake after the fact.
I agree with you. That didn't bother me either.

Quote:
How is not wanting to be persecuted as a "rapist" proof that he never really knew her at all? As I said Tank thought after the night that maybe Bay made a drunken mistake..maybe they both did. In no way did he think it was rape. Drunken mistakes happen, especially with ex's. He woke up and realized this. He was just as confused that morning... the only difference it that he remembered the night.
I agree with you again 100%.

I agree with Alyssa, too, in that I don't think Tank knew Bay, but that's not the proof.

Quote:
If he really wasn't her friend, then he would have tried to make it more than what it was. He would have tried to make it seem like she wanted a relationship with him and he is the one who should feel hurt and used.
No. He wasn't her friend, because he is too self-centered and self-absorbed.

I'm sure Tank thinks of himself as Bay's friend, but a true friend is committed to your happiness, and Tank was too self-serving for that.
Old 04-01-2015, 08:32 AM
Banned

Quote:

Yeah, when we lose the gamble, it sucks. But don't up the ante, if you are not willing to suffer the loss. Love is the big league.
Not every girlfriend asks you to change your very ideals to please them. She asked he gave...then she dumped him.

Quote:
No. He wasn't her friend, because he is too self-centered and self-absorbed.
What!? She asked him to change everything he came to love about college. He did it and she thew him away. How was he being selfish? He had no where to go.. so he found a place.. somehow that is selfish?

Quote:
I'm sure Tank thinks of himself as Bay's friend, but a true friend is committed to your happiness, and Tank was too self-serving for that.
True friend do in fact committed to your happiness but if they think you are unhappy they try to make you happy. It could be in telling you the truth or just supporting you in your decision.
Old 04-01-2015, 08:41 AM
Addicted Fan

He made the choice to quit the frat all on his own. That was Not bays fault. And she's not obligated to stay with him if she doesn't want to be with him.
Old 04-01-2015, 09:03 AM
Elite Fan

I feel like my words are being misinterpreted. I never said him not wanting to be persecuted as a rapist is proof that he didn't know her.

What I said was the fact that he couldn't see that it was bothering her that she had slept with him during their initial conversation to me was further proof that he didn't know her. Yes, I'm well aware he chalked it up to a drunken mistake, but hence the word mistake. Meaning something she would regret. Again I'm speaking purely of their first meeting before Bay and Tank discussed consent.

Clearly Tank has an opinion of Bay as a girl who sleeps around on her boyfriends without a conscience and that isn't true. Bay cheated on Tank. Yes, that part is true, but she did feel bad about it. He knew she felt bad about it. So why would he be that insensitive about how clearly upset she was when he told her they did in fact sleep together? If he truly was just her friend, if had forgiven her, if there was no malice, then I don't know, don't be so surprised by the fact that she's upset. I just think he could have handled it with more sensitivity.

But I guess the fact that Bay cheated gives Tank a free pass to do whatever he wants.
Old 04-01-2015, 09:05 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneH (View Post)
He made the choice to quit the frat all on his own.
All his own huh..so no one was telling him the frat was bad? How it was wrong and treated women like trash during a certain party? Well, please leave links so I can watch these episodes. Episodes where Bay didn't try to tell him he was part of something bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneH (View Post)
That was Not bays fault. And she's not obligated to stay with him if she doesn't want to be with him.
I never said she was obligated to stay with anyone. I am just saying that if I give up my beliefs to be with someone and then the next day they deiced ..hey I don't like you I will be a little mad.

Let's say your a girl and your boyfriend asked you to stay away from your best friend because she is toxic. She is into man bashing and thinking men are dogs...not even human... treating them like crap. Then you do what your boyfriend says because you love him or at least respect him.... only for him to dump you after you told off your best friend.