Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-15-2016, 02:47 AM
Part-Time Fan

I was sad what they did to Tank. It still irritated me to no end that with Bay, she always seems to want to protect the people she cares about, so despite the fact that she feels this was no rape, she should of made it clear to the investigator, no crime was committed here yet saying she felt violated just ruined Tank's life. So what, she had an unsettling experience, who hasn't? There was more at stake than her emotions, Tank's life for another. You care about someone, you protect them from something that can easily ruin their life.
Old 07-17-2016, 09:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

I think they never should of went there period
Old 08-03-2016, 03:25 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~AnastasiaGrey~ (View Post)
I think they never should of went there period
Where is Bay's anger towards Tank? She doesn't have to think he is a monster to resent what he did. But Bay doesn't resent Tank for that. She blames herself as much as she blames him.

It makes sense to me that Bay cares about Tank. He has been a friend to her. But why isn't there any resentment from Bay, too? I would think that there would be.

Why does Bay have nothing but good feelings for Tank?

I would like to see Bay feel some kind of negative feelings for Tank.
Old 08-04-2016, 09:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

Nonexistent I still think it was because she felt guilty
Old 08-05-2016, 02:56 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Nonexistent I still think it was because she felt guilty
I think you are right. Bay's guilt over cheating on Tank with Emmett, along with Bay's mistrust of Emmett after he cheated on her, made it impossible for their second relationship to ever have a fighting chance.

Bay seemed torn over her feelings for Tank, and she still seems torn over her feelings for Tank, even today. It will be interesting to watch Bay's last scenes with Tank, if he appears in Season 5 again. And I believe that Tank probably will be there again.

It's funny how one mistake, like the one that Emmett made when he slept with Simone, can be so destructive to a relationship. Some people might be able to put a mistake like the one Emmett made aside, but Bay was not one of those people. Emmett messed up, if he ever wanted a future with Bay. Even when Bay tried to forgive Emmett and make it work, her lack of trust in him, after he cheated, doomed their relationship. It just wasn't the same, the second time.

Switched at Birth makes me feel as though there is no forgiveness or redemption for everyone. The show makes me feel as though we are all doomed. That's sad.
Old 08-06-2016, 08:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

I just wish emmet was able to be more understanding of it
Old 08-15-2016, 07:49 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I just wish emmet was able to be more understanding of it
I've heard so many people all over social media express that same sentiment, and I get what everyone is saying. I do. I wish Emmett could be more understanding of what happened between Bay and Tank, too.

I go back to that scene in Bay's bed, when Emmett still believes what happened was a rape, and he is on his laptop looking at apartments for the two of them. Bay is adamant that she is not going to be ready to look at apartments until Emmett listens to what she has to say about her night with Tank. Emmett doesn't want to listen. I think it's because a part of him intuitively knows the truth.

So Emmett refuses to listen for a while longer, but when Bay catches Emmett writing a note to his college professor so he can drop out of school and return home to support her, she absolutely puts her foot down and tells Emmett that he cannot drop out of school until he listens to what she has to say about that night.

We are not privvy to their conversation, but Bay obviously told Emmett something that made him wonder if she chose what happened with Tank. Bay tries to convince Emmett that she didn't choose it (or since she was too drunk to remember, it shouldn't be held against her, if she did).

For Emmett, I think it was the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back. He was already wondering if Bay cared about him. He could sense that she'd kept secrets from him, and he knew she'd abandoned her plans to go to LA with him. In my mind, Emmett was absolutely a man who was wondering if Bay's feelings for him were sincere.

Even so, Emmett did not break up with Bay. Emmett clearly tells Skye that he and Bay are NOT broken up, when he returns to LA after that fight with Bay in the rainstorm. In Emmett's mind, he is still Bay's boyfriend, even after learning the truth about what happened between Bay and Tank. Emmett tells Skye that he and Bay are just giving each other some space.

But Bay doesn't give Emmett that space. She becomes desperate to cling to him, since she feels him slipping away. She surprises him on the beach in the middle of his freshman project and distracts him. She yells at him and his new friend, in front of his fellow classmates. And Bay gives Emmett an ultimatum about supporting her move to LA right then and there. (Any time two people are considering moving in together, it has to be right for BOTH people. That's why Emmett had to accept it, when Bay wanted to delay her arrival to LA, in order to help Daphne. And it's also why Bay has to accept it, when Emmett wants her to wait until he is done with school.)

Bay shot herself in the foot, with the felony conviction hanging over her head. It would have made finding a job or a school in LA that much more difficult. For Bay to build a new life in LA, she would have needed Emmett's help and support. And Emmett is right, if he is going to do this school thing, then he needs to focus. He doesn't need a relationship with so much recent and painful baggage, like the one he currently has with Bay, dragging him down. It's the same way Bay felt when she started Carlton. She needed to focus on school and not on a romantic relationship with the boy who betrayed her.

Defining betrayal is an interesting thing. Did Bay betray Emmett? And given his history, does Emmett even have a right to be upset with Bay, if she did?

In socieity, some people claim that a person who is drunk cannot consent.

I wonder, if a person went out 1000 nights in a row, and each night, if that person chose to get so drunk that he or she had sex with multiple people and couldn't remember any it, would that person be cheating on his or her partner? Or would that person have been raped 1000 nights in a row and hold no responsibility for what happened?

If all of the participants are drunk (as both Bay and Tank), then at some point, shouldn't the person who is unhappy with the results change his or her drinking habits? Why change society to outlaw drunken sex?

Should a partner excuse his or her mate's "cheating" 1000 times because of drunkenness? Or just the first few times? Where do people draw the line?

Emmett was obviously wondering if what Bay did with Tank does constitute cheating. When Bay asked Emmett on the beach, he told her that he didn't know if she cheated on him. In Emmett's movie script, the man accuses the woman of sleeping with her ex-boyfriend to get back at him for his night with Sierra. It's sad to think that Emmett wonders if Bay slept with Tank to get back at him for his night with Simone. I don't believe that Bay did that, but I do believe that Bay allowed herself to stay closer to Tank, because he provided an additional security for her, after Emmett's betrayal.

I was surprised that Emmett was so ready to end his relationship with Bay, when he thought that she chose to cheat on him with Tank, before Daphne told him it was rape. I would have thought that Emmett would remember how much he wanted forgiveness and be able to offer that to Bay immediately. My only guess is that Emmett wasn't feeling loved by Bay beforehand, or, if he was feeling loved by Bay, then I guess Emmett is just a shallow person who cannot have empathy for another, even after going through the same experience himself.

I'd rather believe that Emmett has feared Bay doesn't really love him, than to think that he is that shallow.

Last edited by ollibear; 08-15-2016 at 07:56 AM
Old 08-18-2016, 08:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah so true
Old 04-09-2017, 07:11 PM
Master Fan

What does everyone think about the way that the writers left Tank?

And Bay and Mary Beth?
Old 04-09-2017, 08:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollibear (View Post)
What does everyone think about the way that the writers left Tank?

And Bay and Mary Beth?
I wish they didnt even touch on it to be honestly