Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-18-2012, 05:31 PM
Addicted Fan

Chef Jeff/Justin Bruening Appreciation Thread #1: Because He's the Cute Chef.

I wonder how his story will play out.
Old 09-18-2012, 05:52 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the thread.

Anyone want to try their hand at making an opening art/graphic? I kind of suck, but I could try.
Old 10-18-2012, 03:45 PM
Addicted Fan

Justin is really sexy however Chef Jeff is questionable! If only they gave him a better story line than dating a high school student!
Old 10-19-2012, 08:30 AM
New Fan

I think they moved it way too quickly. One day he was a total jerk and sleeping with Melody, then Bam him and Daphne are making out! It felt too fast for me and just feels weird. I see Daphne walk in to the restaurant with her backpack hiked up high on her back and she just seems sooo nerdy compared to Chef Jeff. It makes me uncomfortable, almost like he is using her or taking advantage of her naivety(sp?). I know she is equally "guilty"...but idk how to explain it, their dynamic makes me feel weird and awkward watching their scenes.

Last edited by IvanaMendez331; 10-19-2012 at 08:31 AM Reason: typo
Old 11-10-2012, 02:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

Justin is absolutely yummy.

Old 11-10-2012, 08:01 PM
Master Fan

Tina, when you put it that way (and in pictures, no less), I can see why Daphne fell for him. I didn't see him looking quite that smoldering in the kitchen, but obviously Daphne saw more of him than we did.
Old 11-10-2012, 08:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

Aw. I can understand why you would feel like that (he was a bit of a jerk); but in a small way, it seems he was a bit of a softie. Sometimes, people seem to think you need to act a certain way when it comes to someone with disabilities; and it's not true; just act yourself, you know? He knew he would be discriminated against (sued) if he just fired her b/c she was deaf. So, he made her do the dishes. In my personal opinion, that's still discrimination. I think he warmed up to her, for instance, he liked her idea of having a mirror in the kitchen so that she could see what was going on behind her... I wonder if this is because he was starting to like her, or because he knew she had what it took to be a chef? Hmm...

Anyway, sorry for my long and possibly out-of-the-blue rant.
Old 11-16-2012, 03:04 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tina (View Post)
I think he warmed up to her, for instance, he liked her idea of having a mirror in the kitchen so that she could see what was going on behind her... I wonder if this is because he was starting to like her, or because he knew she had what it took to be a chef? Hmm...
My interpretation was that Jeff respected her work ethic. I'm sure that many of his employees were not as motivated and hard working as Daphne. Her positive attitude in the kitchen seemed to soften him and make him more accepting of her presence. It probably made him more open to the idea of the mirror and other accomodations.

Jeff's feelings of attraction for Daphne seemed to stem from the same place--his realization that she is a hard worker and talented.

Jeff respects ability and Daphne is good. He could have made a great mentor for her, if he had not crossed that boundary. It's a shame. That would have been a good storyline.
Old 12-25-2012, 11:06 PM
Extreme Fan

He was cute I'll give him that.
A single text....................$1
Speaking his language...........Priceless

Old 02-24-2013, 12:51 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Taylor Swift

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonauthor (View Post)
He was cute I'll give him that.
I agree.
Old 02-24-2013, 12:52 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulu-144 (View Post)
I agree.
I watched his scenes again today, and there is something incredibly sexy about Jeff, especially as he walks out to his jeep and Emmett pulls into Melody's driveway on his motorcycle.

I did not like Jeff with Daphne, although I could completely understand her crush on him.

Jeff and Melody ring true as just a hook up.

I could see Jeff actually falling for Regina, though, and it being real. If Daphne had never taken things beyond a crush, I would have liked to see a relationship develop between Regina and Jeff. Angelo would have been jealous.

It's too late now, though, and I cannot see Jeff coming back into any of their lives again, unless it was through Daphne, and she was much older.
Old 04-19-2013, 12:53 PM
Elite Fan

Jeff is definitely a sexy guy and I could understand why both Daphne and Melody were attracted to him, but neither had long term potential.

It seemed Melody wanted to scratch an itch and Daphne was too young for him.

A Regina/Jeff relationship would have been interesting to explore had he not hooked up with either Daphne or Melody because ew, not afterwards. That's too weird.

But like Amy, I don't see Jeff reappearing anytime soon.
Old 04-21-2013, 11:59 AM
Loyal Fan

Jeff is one character I hope to NEVER see again.
Old 04-21-2013, 01:19 PM
Elite Fan

He was definitely smarmy! So, yeah, I'll be happy as well to not see his mug again.
Old 10-17-2013, 07:17 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerfan714 (View Post)
He was definitely smarmy! So, yeah, I'll be happy as well to not see his mug again.
Well, we saw Chef Jeff again in 2B, and if anything, he was even WORSE. I was able to cut the chef a little bit of slack in Season 1C, because he didn't know Daphne was a high school student in the beginning. He was a jerk, of course, but Daphne had pushed the issue with him.

But now that we know he was in a long-distance relationship with Carrie, I think he is an even bigger jerk. Not to mention that his self-centered comment to Daphne (asking her how long he has to keep paying for his mistake) made me realize I have NO desire to ever see him again.

As far as I am concerned, good riddance Chef Jeff.