Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-19-2012, 10:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Best Friends |Daphne & Emmett| #2: Whenever they need a shoulder to cry on, the other one will be there!

|Welcome to the official Emmett ♥ Daphne appreciation thread: #2|

Credit: MagnoliaFairy

|Fans♥|

1)lil-terso
2)CrashandBurn9
3)Tina
4)jessec12
5)*OldHollywoodStarlet*
6)BlackHalo
7)Something_Special
8)SaraLove8
9)Demonic_Angel_Clone
10)Devoted_Soul
11)P&B4ever
12)girlyshorty85
13)Queen_of_Babble
14)moozy426
15)WeBuiltThePyramids
16)Stay_to_the _Lights
17)sweetxmisery
18) Wes&FredFan
19) ~Unfaithful~
20)MPFan09
21)Sincerely, Me.
22)xlennie
23)tee_ph
24)nhlpfan
25)Perfengel5655
26)Brucas_Is_Love
|[Ask tba]|

|Memorable moments from S1♥|

Episode 1x01 Credit

Episode 1x01 Credit || Episode 1x03 Credit

Episode 1x10 Credit

|Quotes♥|

Daphne: What? Not all hearing guys are jerks.
Emmett: Okay, but most rich football players are.
-
Daphne: So you would never date anyone hearing. No matter what.
(Emmett shrugs)
Daphne: You're telling me if Brooklyn Decker came onto you, you'd say "sorry, I'm deaf, you're hearing, this cannot work".
Emmett: Brooklyn Decker, the Sports Illustrated model ?
Daphne: That's the one. I knew it.
Emmett: Well, obviously, first she'd want to make passionate love to me many times. But after that ? It'd never work. She wouldn't understand my culture, my family, my perspective on the world. And that's everything. Fact is, my ideal girlfriend is hot, smart, funny, into motorcycles and deaf. If I actually found her. I'd walk away from Brooklyn Decker in a heartbeat.
-
Daphne: I want this to be the biggest fundraiser Carlton's ever had! I want to break records!
Emmett: It's not a competition. Oh wait you're a Kennish. Everything's a competition.

Source

|ASL♥|

|Previous Threads ♥|

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.

Last edited by Slayerfan714; 04-18-2013 at 07:58 PM
Old 01-19-2012, 09:44 PM
Supreme Fan

Love that kiss ... and I keep re-watching it. HE leaned down to kiss her and she responded (but Daphne didn't initiate the kiss) . Granted, he pulled back because he had a girlfriend ... but he was far from a reluctant participant in that kiss. Just can't get into E/B ... but I do like E/D. They're so cute together ... I can just picture them as little kids at school, best buds just hanging out at the swings . I don't think he told Daphne he stopped having "those" feelings for her ... just said that he's with Bay now. Though I'm glad Daphne has chosen to back off (well, that tent thing was awkward) ... gives her some dignity. She's not chasing after Emmett, but just being his friend. That's the relationship he needs most right now.
ODO & KIRA (DS9)

Old 01-20-2012, 04:44 AM
Obsessed Fan

Tftnt!
Old 01-20-2012, 10:02 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes&FredFan (View Post)
Love that kiss ... and I keep re-watching it. HE leaned down to kiss her and she responded (but Daphne didn't initiate the kiss) . Granted, he pulled back because he had a girlfriend ... but he was far from a reluctant participant in that kiss. Just can't get into E/B ... but I do like E/D. They're so cute together ... I can just picture them as little kids at school, best buds just hanging out at the swings . I don't think he told Daphne he stopped having "those" feelings for her ... just said that he's with Bay now. Though I'm glad Daphne has chosen to back off (well, that tent thing was awkward) ... gives her some dignity. She's not chasing after Emmett, but just being his friend. That's the relationship he needs most right now.
That clip said "day dreamer" on abc family
Old 01-20-2012, 02:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

If the writers do explore DE, they need to do it without the 'cheating.' I don't care who's with who, cheating is the biggest 'nono' for me. Even as an EB fan, had Emmett been with Daphne first in a different writing universe, I would never have wanted him to cheat on her with Bay.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 01-21-2012, 03:33 AM
Obsessed Fan

Yeah, I think I would hate that most of all if Emmett cheated on Bay with Daphne. Honestly, I'd rather have Daphne keep going after Emmett than see Emmett cheating on Bay (not that I'd like to see either; I just agree that cheating would be a bad situation).
Old 01-21-2012, 11:04 AM
Moderator Support Team

I do NOT want cheating storyline and I refused to look at Emmett and Daphne if they go to that route.. Sigh.. I wish that they would go different route for them as friendship even I understand why Daphne realized that she actually like him..

[sigh in frustration]

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
Old 01-22-2012, 05:50 AM
Obsessed Fan

I liked their scene in last week's episode when she came to check on him after the arrest; seemed nice and friendly to me and little awkwardness. Why can't they keep it that way?
Old 01-22-2012, 10:03 AM
Moderator Support Team

I agree w/ you that and they should keep that way..

[sigh in frustration]

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
Old 01-22-2012, 12:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think we've been able to see why they work so well as friends. It will likely always be EB for me, but if they go DE for awhile, the only way I can see myself not hating it, is if they explore them without cheating.

Old 01-22-2012, 09:25 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by americanamuchacha020 (View Post)
That clip said "day dreamer" on abc family
Was referring to the kiss at the carwash ... when Emmett leaned down to kiss her, right after she revealed her feelings. He kissed her, but she didn't reach up to initiate it ... only responded when he made the first physical move.
ODO & KIRA (DS9)

Old 01-22-2012, 11:04 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
If the writers do explore DE, they need to do it without the 'cheating.' I don't care who's with who, cheating is the biggest 'nono' for me
AGREED
Old 01-22-2012, 11:07 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrose13 (View Post)
AGREED
Their friendship is great, good lord I hope they don't go the romance route. Don't ruin an already good thing!
Old 01-24-2012, 12:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It would be nice if this friendship foundation could remain the foundational relationship of the show where these two characters can always come back to, without all the romantic ties getting in the way. I do foresee a romantic liason 'tainting' things for them if they are destined not to work out and then Emmett returns to Bay at some point.

Old 01-24-2012, 07:18 PM
Obsessed Fan

So Daphne had the daydream in the beginning and it never really was referred to again during the episode; I wonder if it's going to come up again. I'm just glad to see it was Daphne's dream and they didn't go the cheating route.