Fan Forum

Fan Forum (http://www.fanforum.com/)
-   Switched at Birth (http://www.fanforum.com/f376/)
-   -   The Bay/Zarra Friendship Thread #1: Because they're both street artists (http://www.fanforum.com/f376/bay-zarra-friendship-thread-1-because-theyre-both-street-artists-63074885/)

americanamuchacha020 09-18-2012 07:21 PM

The Bay/Zarra Friendship Thread #1: Because they're both street artists
 
ANGRY MEDUSA
Thread One

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mc...0j03o1_500.jpg


Crew Members


01. Anastasia Belle_02




Videos








I look forward to seeing how this friendship plays out .

Slayerfan714 09-18-2012 09:00 PM

Thanks for the thread!

Yeah, it doesn't look good though. Kind of seemed like she was setting Bay up a bit. I don't know. I need to see more, but judging from the previews, I don't think this is going to be the best friendship for Bay, but maybe Bay will change her?

americanamuchacha020 09-24-2012 08:48 PM

I'm still not feeling the Zarra/Bay thing. Bay is trying WAY too hard to get this girl to like her. I mean, I get it, she wants someone to understand her but it came out in the last scene with them that Emmett got her but she doesn't have him. If you ask me, she's using Zarra as Emmett replacement.

MagnoliaFairy 09-25-2012 12:24 AM

Am I the only one who likes Zarra? :)

I do agree that I didn't like that Zarra made Bay prove herself, but I think this episode showed her to be a good person. It seems to me that both Zarra and Bay are after the same thing: a friend.

Serving Size 09-25-2012 06:55 AM

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ma...aevmo1_400.gif

fly me to the moon 09-25-2012 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by americanamuchacha020 (Post 65549002)
I'm still not feeling the Zarra/Bay thing. Bay is trying WAY too hard to get this girl to like her. I mean, I get it, she wants someone to understand her but it came out in the last scene with them that Emmett got her but she doesn't have him. If you ask me, she's using Zarra as Emmett replacement.

Yeah, I feel the same way even I felt like she was using her from beginning and I don't blame Zarra for what she said last night..

Slayerfan714 09-25-2012 12:24 PM

I don't know...I want to like Zarra and Bay and Zarra, but it did feel a bit forced, like Bay was trying too hard, but I think I can attribute that to Bay not really having many friends and like she told Zarra, emotionally she's lost her footing. She's kind of lost with who she feels 'gets her' and who doesn't.

I think they had some cute moments.

americanamuchacha020 09-25-2012 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slayerfan714 (Post 65557809)
I don't know...I want to like Zarra and Bay and Zarra, but it did feel a bit forced, like Bay was trying too hard, but I think I can attribute that to Bay not really having many friends and like she told Zarra, emotionally she's lost her footing. She's kind of lost with who she feels 'gets her' and who doesn't.

I think they had some cute moments.

Well you know why I'm not behind this friendship ;)

GrhmLz 09-26-2012 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagnoliaFairy (Post 65550968)
Am I the only one who likes Zarra? :)

I do agree that I didn't like that Zarra made Bay prove herself, but I think this episode showed her to be a good person. It seems to me that both Zarra and Bay are after the same thing: a friend.

:) You're not the only one.

I think Zarra presented herself as a 'tough cookie' but having Bay prove herself may just turn out to be a case of where Zarra has trust issues herself. We don't know much about her background at this point.

I already gave my more complete and fuller review on this budding friendship in the episode discussion thread and why I feel Bay felt the need to prove herself to Zarra but I don't think that can be blamed on Zarra, those are 'Bay issues.' To sum it up again, basically, I think Bay is experiencing a self-identity crisis; thus, her front at being a 'Vasquez' and not admitting and being upfront about her Kennish background. Her art is a major part of her identity right now, the one constant thing that hasn't been uprooted in her life, something she also feels that her family will never understand and Zarra is someone who potentially can do just that.

For now, I'm willing to give this a chance unless something major happens to change my mind.

Slayerfan714 09-26-2012 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrhmLz (Post 65573446)
:) You're not the only one.

I think Zarra presented herself as a 'tough cookie' but having Bay prove herself may just turn out to be a case of where Zarra has trust issues herself. We don't know much about her background at this point.

I already gave my more complete and fuller review on this budding friendship in the episode discussion thread and why I feel Bay felt the need to prove herself to Zarra but I don't think that can be blamed on Zarra, those are 'Bay issues.' To sum it up again, basically, I think Bay is experiencing a self-identity crisis; thus, her front at being a 'Vasquez' and not admitting and being upfront about her Kennish background. Her art is a major part of her identity right now, the one constant thing that hasn't been uprooted in her life, something she also feels that her family will never understand and Zarra is someone who potentially can do just that.

For now, I'm willing to give this a chance unless something major happens to change my mind.

You're right, it is on Bay, not on Zarra.

Like I said, I'm going to allow myself to be surprised with this friendship. Who knows, I could end up loving it. :lol: I think with television you can always change your mind. I know there have been friendships/relationships I never thought would happen but did, and they turned out great.

I think it is nice that Bay has someone to share her art with, I mean, she had Emmett, but Emmett's more law abiding and conventional with photography. With Zarra, it's someone who sees more 'out of the box' so to speak, so it is nice for Bay to have that. Where it goes from here, we shall see.

americanamuchacha020 09-26-2012 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrhmLz (Post 65573446)

For now, I'm willing to give this a chance unless something major happens to change my mind.

Wait and see ;)

Slayerfan714 09-29-2012 10:29 PM

I'm still wary, but I did like the BKV scene; "Bitchin' Kansas Vandals." :lol:

IvanaMendez331 10-18-2012 04:23 PM

I think we all can agree that Zarra is bad news!

Moonauthor 12-25-2012 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slayerfan714 (Post 65634285)
I'm still wary, but I did like the BKV scene; "Bitchin' Kansas Vandals." :lol:

That was really funny. :)

ollibear 12-26-2012 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IvanaMendez331 (Post 65946120)
I think we all can agree that Zarra is bad news!

Yes! She is redeemable, but it would take some work.

I find it humorous the number of times in season 1C that Zarra was shown littering. Littering is such an obnoxious behavior, and it makes a statement about the person that does it.

Zarra did it so naturally, too. I am not even sure if Bay noticed it happening, and she did it right under Bay's nose.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:16 AM.

Powered by vBulletin, Copyright © 2000-2020.
Copyright © 1998-2019, Fan Forum.