Old 09-19-2012, 12:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I liked what Vanessa said about the relationship here
(beware for some mild spoilers)

Spoiler:

Last edited by Slayerfan714; 09-19-2012 at 03:06 PM
Old 09-19-2012, 03:07 PM
Elite Fan

Wingster, I edited your post because it is a bit spoilery and spoilers aren't allowed on the TV boards, and just to err on the side of caution, I did that.
Old 09-19-2012, 10:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

ok.
and call me Kush
Old 09-20-2012, 11:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks, Alyssa.

Yes, spoilers aren't allowed here but please feel free to visit the SAB spoilers thread on the spoilers board here: SAB Spoiler Thread

You can discuss any and all spoilers openly there.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 09-25-2012, 06:42 PM
Elite Fan

I liked their little scene yesterday talking about John and motorcycles. I think every episode needs a bit of ToBay.
Old 09-25-2012, 07:06 PM
Extreme Fan

I wonder how Bay will react to Toby dropping the bomb about Emmett and Simone??
A single text....................$1
Speaking his language...........Priceless

Old 09-26-2012, 07:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Bay's looking for someone who gets here like Emmett apparently did...that's Toby

she likes to play the victim/misunderstood girl in her family...but she chooses to ignore Toby..yea her parents don't fully get her (and vandalism isn't a way to change that) but they're parents...they aren't supposed to,
Old 09-26-2012, 08:27 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingster (View Post)
Bay's looking for someone who gets here like Emmett apparently did...that's Toby

she likes to play the victim/misunderstood girl in her family...but she chooses to ignore Toby..yea her parents don't fully get her (and vandalism isn't a way to change that) but they're parents...they aren't supposed to,
Bay doesn't play the victim, I think she's had her heart broken beyond belief and with anyone in pain, you're not thinking clearly.

I don't think Toby gets Bay as to the aspect of her street art, him thinking it's cool and knowing why she really does it is two very different things.

Just like I'm sure Bay doesn't fully get why music is SO important to Toby.

Bay meant Emmett gets her in every way possible, not just her street art.

She doesn't ignore Toby at all, they both have different things to keep themselves busy.
Old 09-26-2012, 10:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm sure like with any siblings - there are things that each will never fully relate to about the other. But relating and being supportive are two different things and I think that Bay is craving the support of her art being an expression of who she is. I'm not sure that she's craving for Toby to embrace it as much as she appeared to want her father, John, to, but who knows.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 09-26-2012, 10:06 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrhmLz (View Post)
I'm sure like with any siblings - there are things that each will never fully relate to about the other. But relating and being supportive are two different things and I think that Bay is craving the support of her art being an expression of who she is. I'm not sure that she's craving for Toby to embrace it as much as she appeared to want her father, John, to, but who knows.
Yes, I agree.

I think just because they have each other it doesn't mean they can't go searching for more. Bay and Toby will always support and love each other, but Bay is looking for someone to share art with like Zarra just as Toby now might be sharing music with Nikki. I don't see the difference really.
Old 09-26-2012, 09:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Bay doesn't play the victim, I think she's had her heart broken beyond belief and with anyone in pain, you're not thinking clearly.
I disagree...she kind of does...and has since the pilot
Old 09-27-2012, 05:09 PM
Elite Fan

I disagree with that. I don't think she does, but everyone sees it differently. I don't think Bay has to share everything with Toby. Having a brother doesn't preclude the need for other people to share things with.
Old 09-27-2012, 06:32 PM
Extreme Fan

I don't think Bay acts like a victim either.
A single text....................$1
Speaking his language...........Priceless

Old 09-27-2012, 07:55 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingster (View Post)
I disagree...she kind of does...and has since the pilot
I don't think Bay has "played" the victim, since the pilot. But I do think she "is" the victim of the hospital's mistake. That would be a tough thing to find out at any age, but adolescence might be the worst time of all to discover such a thing. Both Bay and Daphne are victims of the hospital's mistake.
Old 09-28-2012, 07:15 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerfan714 (View Post)
Yes, I agree.

I think just because they have each other it doesn't mean they can't go searching for more. Bay and Toby will always support and love each other, but Bay is looking for someone to share art with like Zarra just as Toby now might be sharing music with Nikki. I don't see the difference really.
Good comparison. Their sibling relationship is like their safety net, something they'll always have to fall back on, which is each other. But that doesn't mean they won't have differences of opinion on aspects of their lives or pursue other interests that the other may not like or really even understand.