Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Fall TV Shows   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-04-2016, 05:58 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~AnastasiaGrey~ (View Post)
I just want them all to become closer at this point since the show is ending.
I'd like that in one respect, but I don't want it to be too perfect. There should be some problems, in the end.
Old 06-05-2016, 09:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

Well lol else could they have issues over now though?
Old 06-09-2016, 02:54 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Well lol else could they have issues over now though?
Nothing new. I'd just like to see Bay always keep her guard up a bit around Regina. I don't feel like the trust could ever be there.
Old 06-10-2016, 07:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollibear (View Post)
Nothing new. I'd just like to see Bay always keep her guard up a bit around Regina. I don't feel like the trust could ever be there.

Yeah very true and plus I think Regina feels like the damage has been done
Old 06-12-2016, 09:05 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Yeah very true and plus I think Regina feels like the damage has been done
Yes, the damage has been done.

To me, it's still unrealistic that Bay and Daphne became best friends. I don't see that as being an outcome of a real-life switched case, with their particular circumstances. It feels like something manufactured for TV.

Especially after Daphne allowed Bay to take the fall for her crimes, I think the series would have been better off leaving Daphne and Bay feeling alienated from one another.

Instead, viewers will be treated to some syrupy ending out on the Kennish front lawn, where every Kennish and/or Vasquez character is filled with love for all of the others. It's so insincere, based on the story we have seen thus far. I believe the resolution to this TV series may not be satisfying. I hope that it will, but I have real doubts.
Old 06-15-2016, 08:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

They should of fixed it early on
Old 06-19-2016, 01:17 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
They should of fixed it early on
I think that what we saw for the Season 4 Finale is exactly how Lizzy Weiss wanted (and still wants) to end the TV series.

Lizzy Weiss wanted Bay comforting a broken Regina. John and Kathryn mending their fences over the birth of their grandbaby. Toby finally growing up, to become a dad. Daphne ending a romantic entanglement to go off on adventures. And Bay letting go of her childhood fantasies to move forward as an adult. (Emmett is superfluous. His character has little meaning, beyond spouting off stupid platitudes to Bay. That has been Emmett's only role on the show for years now.)

So in Season 5, we'll probably see a redux of Season 4's Finale as the series finale for Switched at Birth. Or at the very least, something similar.

I wonder if it will be Bay comforting Regina again. It gets old, boring, and dry. Bay's always been the mature one between the two of them.

Last season, Regina wouldn't even comfort Bay, when Bay asked for company on Angelo's birthday. She put Bay last, until the end.

All of these broken relationships make me weary.
Old 07-01-2016, 07:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I think that what we saw for the Season 4 Finale is exactly how Lizzy Weiss wanted (and still wants) to end the TV series.

Lizzy Weiss wanted Bay comforting a broken Regina. John and Kathryn mending their fences over the birth of their grandbaby. Toby finally growing up, to become a dad. Daphne ending a romantic entanglement to go off on adventures. And Bay letting go of her childhood fantasies to move forward as an adult. (Emmett is superfluous. His character has little meaning, beyond spouting off stupid platitudes to Bay. That has been Emmett's only role on the show for years now.)

So in Season 5, we'll probably see a redux of Season 4's Finale as the series finale for Switched at Birth. Or at the very least, something similar.

I wonder if it will be Bay comforting Regina again. It gets old, boring, and dry. Bay's always been the mature one between the two of them.

Last season, Regina wouldn't even comfort Bay, when Bay asked for company on Angelo's birthday. She put Bay last, until the end.

All of these broken relationships make me weary.
Yeah it makes me weary because I cant understand where he rmindset is with them all over the place.
Old 07-03-2016, 03:13 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Yeah it makes me weary because I cant understand where he rmindset is with them all over the place.
I agree. I don't understand why every relationship is so depressing. I suppose we are supposed to see Toby and Lily as uplifting with a new baby. And Bay and Daphne as uplifting with their joint trip to China. But I don't.

Lily treated Toby like crap, and Daphne used Bay in the worst way imaginable. It's great that Toby and Bay are so forgiving, but I'd like to see Lily and Daphne do something to make amends.

As for Bay and Regina, their relationship has been damaged over the last few seasons of Regina's neglect. Kathryn makes an effort with Daphne, and I feel as though the two of them could have a strong relationship in the future. Regina and Bay will probably have a relationship, but it will not be a strong one. And it will not be because of any effort on the part of Regina. It will be because Bay matures and accepts Regina as she is. It's sad for Bay, though.

The relationship in this TV series are depressing.
Old 07-04-2016, 07:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I agree. I don't understand why every relationship is so depressing. I suppose we are supposed to see Toby and Lily as uplifting with a new baby. And Bay and Daphne as uplifting with their joint trip to China. But I don't.

Lily treated Toby like crap, and Daphne used Bay in the worst way imaginable. It's great that Toby and Bay are so forgiving, but I'd like to see Lily and Daphne do something to make amends.

As for Bay and Regina, their relationship has been damaged over the last few seasons of Regina's neglect. Kathryn makes an effort with Daphne, and I feel as though the two of them could have a strong relationship in the future. Regina and Bay will probably have a relationship, but it will not be a strong one. And it will not be because of any effort on the part of Regina. It will be because Bay matures and accepts Regina as she is. It's sad for Bay, though.

The relationship in this TV series are depressing.
Yeah they really are and i dont think thatwas the whole point of this series at all lol
Old 02-23-2017, 03:39 AM
Ultimate Fan

Hey! I'm relatively new to the fandom. I only started watching the show mid-January. I had a couple of weeks off and ran out of shows to binge-watch. Lol. Anyway, this relationship was initially what caught my attention. I can't say I am pleased with where we're at and I highly doubt it's going to end in a way that will completely satisfy me, but it's made Bay grow as a character in a way that I think wouldn't have been possible if the relationship between her and Regina had ever really been any better.

I did write a little something, mostly the way I think Bay views her relationship with Regina and accepting that there are things she'll never get from that relationship and making her peace with it.

Don't feel obliged to read it, but if you get a kick out of a little angst then you're more than welcome.

We are the brave, we are the chosen ones
Old 02-23-2017, 03:40 AM
Ultimate Fan

Hey! I'm relatively new to the fandom. I only started watching the show mid-January. I had a couple of weeks off and ran out of shows to binge-watch. Lol. Anyway, this relationship was initially what caught my attention. I can't say I am please with where we're at and I highly doubt it's going to end in a way that will completely satisfy me, but it's made Bay grow as a character in a way that I think wouldn't have been possible if the relationship between her and Regina had ever really been any better.

I did write a little something, mostly the way I think Bay views her relationship with Regina and accepting that there are things she'll never get from that relationship and making her peace with it.

Don't feel obliged to read it, but if you get a kick out of a little angst then you're more than welcome.

Old 02-23-2017, 09:48 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Jude Law (View Post)
Hey! I'm relatively new to the fandom. I only started watching the show mid-January. I had a couple of weeks off and ran out of shows to binge-watch. Lol. Anyway, this relationship was initially what caught my attention. I can't say I am please with where we're at and I highly doubt it's going to end in a way that will completely satisfy me, but it's made Bay grow as a character in a way that I think wouldn't have been possible if the relationship between her and Regina had ever really been any better.

Cool, I'm excited to read your piece!

I had high hopes for the Bay-Regina dynamic in the beginning; I thought it would be interesting to see Bay discover sides of herself that were due to her genetic heritage, and to grapple with her ethnic roots and what that would mean for her art, etc. We saw a bit of that in Season 1, but then it got dropped, sadly. That could have been so deep and so cool...
Old 02-23-2017, 09:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:

Thanks for sharing I am going to read it
Old 02-24-2017, 02:33 AM
Master Fan

Quote:

Thank you for sharing! I will read this when I get home from work tonight!