Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Fall TV Shows   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-28-2016, 12:58 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~TwilighterTee~ (View Post)
I thinkk they were getting closer after Eric left so we Shall see.
I would love a scene where Regina finally puts Bay first and refuses to allow anyone to come between them.

I'm not sure if we will ever see that, but I hope.
Old 02-28-2016, 11:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollibear (View Post)

I would love a scene where Regina finally puts Bay first and refuses to allow anyone to come between them.

I'm not sure if we will ever see that, but I hope.
No I don't think we will
Old 03-26-2016, 12:33 AM
Fan Forum Star

I'd love to be added here!
I love these two when they are having a special moment or scene but sadly Regina hasn't been there for Bay and I really hope that she will be more aware of Bays feelings.
Old 03-27-2016, 05:38 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scribbled Pretty (View Post)
I'd love to be added here!
I love these two when they are having a special moment or scene but sadly Regina hasn't been there for Bay and I really hope that she will be more aware of Bays feelings.
I added you!

I second everything you said, too. Their moments together are more special to me than Regina's moments with Daphne, but Regina just has not been there for Bay.

Like you, I hope that Regina will be more award of Bay's feelings. Regina puts everyone else ahead of Bay, and I don't understand that.

Maybe that's why Bay was putting everyone ahead of Emmett. Maybe that is what she has learned from Regina. Or maybe it's genetic. I don't know.

If I was supposed to make a connection there, then the writers did not give me enough to make it.
Old 04-05-2016, 12:53 AM
Fan Forum Star

After the episode where Regina made plans to spend Angelo's birthday with Bay and bailed for Will's trumpet recital, I have had it with with her. I don't even care if she made those plans first. You should never go out of your way to keep plans with someone else's child when you have missed over a decade of your own child's life. I am constantly astounded by Regina's inconsiderate behavior toward Bay no matter how many times Bay tells her this. Whether it's intentional or not, it's not okay
Old 04-06-2016, 01:18 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
After the episode where Regina made plans to spend Angelo's birthday with Bay and bailed for Will's trumpet recital, I have had it with with her. I don't even care if she made those plans first. You should never go out of your way to keep plans with someone else's child when you have missed over a decade of your own child's life. I am constantly astounded by Regina's inconsiderate behavior toward Bay no matter how many times Bay tells her this. Whether it's intentional or not, it's not okay
Yes, absolutely. That killed me. Will became her child just like Daphne, but she never managed to do that with her biological daughter.

Watching: Longmire Season 4...YES!
Old 04-06-2016, 08:34 AM
Fan Forum Star

Exactly. I can't stand her in that episode. And then it was Bay who ended up apologizing and what was worse was Regina saying she has to move on and can't grieve Angelo forever. I'm pretty sure that one day doesn't mean you aren't moving on.

Another reason it really bothers me is because she was probably going to Will's recital because she was trying to be a supportive step-mother since he only had his dad. Bay only has Regina in a biological sense and yet she chooses Will

Sorry, I don;t mean to talk trash against Regina's relationship with Bay in this thread but it comes from a place of frustration because I want so very much to see them have a mother and daughter bond and it feels so one-sided on Bay's part
Old 04-09-2016, 07:14 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Exactly. I can't stand her in that episode. And then it was Bay who ended up apologizing and what was worse was Regina saying she has to move on and can't grieve Angelo forever. I'm pretty sure that one day doesn't mean you aren't moving on.

Another reason it really bothers me is because she was probably going to Will's recital because she was trying to be a supportive step-mother since he only had his dad. Bay only has Regina in a biological sense and yet she chooses Will

Sorry, I don;t mean to talk trash against Regina's relationship with Bay in this thread but it comes from a place of frustration because I want so very much to see them have a mother and daughter bond and it feels so one-sided on Bay's part
There's not much I can add to this discussion. I agree with everything that everyone is saying. I tell myself that the writers were trying to be realistic with what might happen if a mother truly had to deny her biological daughter's existence for thirteen years, but geesh, there's realism and there's realism, and this mother-daughter relationship has just been SO HARSH.

Why couldn't the writers have showed us more of the progress that Bay and Regina made when they lived together during the summer of 2013? I know Bay was preoccupied with Ty, but it would have been nice to have seen more depth between Bay and Regina that summer.

Maybe that depth is just not there and never will be. Maybe Regina is a shallow character. Daphne sure seems to be. But at least with Daphne, she's young. I can tell myself that she will grow to have depth one day.

I don't know. I'm grasping at straws. I just know that I don't like the person Regina seems to be. I want to appreciate Bay and Regina, but Regina needs to appreciate Bay first.

It's especially sad, too, because I can think of so many scenes where Regina truly appreciates the person Daphne is. Why can't Bay receive some of that?

That scene where Regina puts Will before Bay was difficult for me to watch. I told myself that the writers penned it, because the writers needed a way for Bay to learn to NOT put her nuclear family ahead of the family she may build one day with a man.

But that doesn't seem to be what the writers did with that scene in the end. Bay never reached any epiphany, where she exclaimed, "Oh, I was foolish to put Daphne and Regina ahead of my partner Emmett."

Instead, Bay said, "He's still mad at me for taking the fall for Daphne, but I don't regret that. I had to do it." And she never changed her mind about that.

Bay is true blue to Daphne to the end, even though Daphne has never once been true blue to her, even after Bay took the fall for her.

I guess I'm supposed to take all of these relationships at face value. I don't think viewers are meant to look deeply.
Old 04-12-2016, 08:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:

No I get it I completley understand where you are coming from
Old 04-16-2016, 09:45 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~AnastasiaGrey~ (View Post)
I think we all feel that way.

Regina's character's treatment of Bay has been a huge disappointment.

I always assumed that it was something the writers were going to show Regina work through with Bay, and then, as time went on, I began to think it was going to be a long, multi-season arc.

But now, I am beginning to believe it's just something the writers have chosen to neglect, like Regina has chosen to neglect Bay.

Bay's relationship with Regina just doesn't seem to be important to anyone but the fans (and Bay).
Old 04-17-2016, 07:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollibear (View Post)
I think we all feel that way.

Regina's character's treatment of Bay has been a huge disappointment.

I always assumed that it was something the writers were going to show Regina work through with Bay, and then, as time went on, I began to think it was going to be a long, multi-season arc.

But now, I am beginning to believe it's just something the writers have chosen to neglect, like Regina has chosen to neglect Bay.

Bay's relationship with Regina just doesn't seem to be important to anyone but the fans (and Bay).
Yeah I wanted to see what was Regina reasons for not getting close to her, is it because she was so ashamed by the switched that this was the only way she can make amends or what?
Old 04-18-2016, 06:18 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~AnastasiaGrey~ (View Post)
Awe thanks

Quote:
Why couldn't the writers have showed us more of the progress that Bay and Regina made when they lived together during the summer of 2013?
Yes! Why not keep that bond going, they don't need to live together to connect but I would imagine after that time together that they would be even closer because of that.

I really want to like Regina but that has become a hard task with the way she treats Bay. I get so sad when I watch the scenes where Bay has to tell Regina that she's her daughter too because no one should have to remind someone of that.

If it were me, I would feel so obligated to make up for Bay's lost time as my daughter so late in the game. And I'm not saying Regina should feel obligated but just saying I sure would.
Old 04-19-2016, 05:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Awe thanks

Yes! Why not keep that bond going, they don't need to live together to connect but I would imagine after that time together that they would be even closer because of that.

I really want to like Regina but that has become a hard task with the way she treats Bay. I get so sad when I watch the scenes where Bay has to tell Regina that she's her daughter too because no one should have to remind someone of that.

If it were me, I would feel so obligated to make up for Bay's lost time as my daughter so late in the game. And I'm not saying Regina should feel obligated but just saying I sure would.
Yeah I feel the same way
Old 04-21-2016, 07:27 AM
Fan Forum Star

On another note, I just watched the scene before Bay moves in with Regina in season 2. How frustrating it was that Regina had just been in rehab and then she comes home, decides she needs to stay with Angelo and only tells Daphne! Ugh, why only tell one of your daughters? And poor Bay had to go knock on the door and ask her why she didn't tell her and why she never wants to spend time with her
But I am happy that she ends up letting her move in and stay with her.
Old 04-21-2016, 08:02 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
On another note, I just watched the scene before Bay moves in with Regina in season 2. How frustrating it was that Regina had just been in rehab and then she comes home, decides she needs to stay with Angelo and only tells Daphne! Ugh, why only tell one of your daughters? And poor Bay had to go knock on the door and ask her why she didn't tell her and why she never wants to spend time with her
But I am happy that she ends up letting her move in and stay with her.
Yes, it's heartbreaking.

I just read this article today, and I wonder if this mother's feelings for her biological daughter are what Lizzy Weiss is trying to convey with Regina. What do you think?

Sophie Serrano's REFUSES to see her biological child after being switched at birth in France | Daily Mail Online