Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

  New Forum Poll   |     Fall TV Shows   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

 
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2015, 05:12 PM
  #1
Master Fan

 
ollibear's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 18,894
Bay & Regina Appreciation #2: "You made a choice. You chose her, like always."

numero
2


Supporters
1. Anastasia Belle_02
2. Queen of Babble
3. ~TwilighterTee~
4. Scribbled Pretty

Last edited by ollibear; 03-27-2016 at 05:33 AM
ollibear is offline  
Old 12-13-2015, 09:04 PM
  #2
Fan Forum Star

 
~AnastasiaGrey~'s Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 240,109
May I be added to the list?
__________________
This is me, All of me and I want you in anyway I can. That I love you.
Christian ♥ Anastasia Edward ♥Bella
~AnastasiaGrey~ is offline  
Old 12-14-2015, 03:12 AM
  #3
Master Fan

 
ollibear's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 18,894
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~TwilighterTee~ (View Post)
May I be added to the list?
Done!

What would you like to see for these two in Season 5?
ollibear is offline  
Old 12-15-2015, 09:03 PM
  #4
Part-Time Fan
 
nailpolishchick2's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 327
I do believe Regina loves Bay but the switched ruined things for them. Bay will never be Daphne. Daphne is Regina's true daughter. I would love for Regina to finally admit the truth to herself, she does love Bay but not the way she loves Daphne. The more she runs from this truth, the more her and Bay can't work to make a better relationship, she has to face the elephant in the room of that relationship, Bay was right, Daphne always comes first in Regina's eyes, she trusts her above Bay.
__________________
*!*Phoebe/Cole*Pacey/Joey*Ray/Neela*Abby/Luka*Ross/Rachel*Bay/Emmett*Brooke/Bill*!*
nailpolishchick2 is offline  
Old 12-23-2015, 08:46 PM
  #5
Fan Forum Star

 
~AnastasiaGrey~'s Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 240,109
Quote:
Originally Posted by nailpolishchick2 (View Post)
I do believe Regina loves Bay but the switched ruined things for them. Bay will never be Daphne. Daphne is Regina's true daughter. I would love for Regina to finally admit the truth to herself, she does love Bay but not the way she loves Daphne. The more she runs from this truth, the more her and Bay can't work to make a better relationship, she has to face the elephant in the room of that relationship, Bay was right, Daphne always comes first in Regina's eyes, she trusts her above Bay.
Which regina doesnt to say to Bay but she probably does need to say it
__________________
This is me, All of me and I want you in anyway I can. That I love you.
Christian ♥ Anastasia Edward ♥Bella
~AnastasiaGrey~ is offline  
Old 12-26-2015, 08:13 AM
  #6
Master Fan

 
ollibear's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 18,894
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~TwilighterTee~ (View Post)
Which regina doesnt to say to Bay but she probably does need to say it
Have we EVER heard Regina utter the words, "I love you, Bay." I don't remember it, but perhaps it happened and I missed it.

I do remember Bay saying, "Of course I care. You're my mom." I would love a scene where Regina says something similar to Bay, in a similar situation, where Bay assumes Regina doesn't care, and Regina tells Bay that of course she cares, she is her daughter.

We probably won't ever see that, but I wish we would.
ollibear is offline  
Old 12-26-2015, 09:00 PM
  #7
Fan Forum Star

 
~AnastasiaGrey~'s Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 240,109
Quote:
Originally Posted by ollibear (View Post)
Have we EVER heard Regina utter the words, "I love you, Bay." I don't remember it, but perhaps it happened and I missed it.

I do remember Bay saying, "Of course I care. You're my mom." I would love a scene where Regina says something similar to Bay, in a similar situation, where Bay assumes Regina doesn't care, and Regina tells Bay that of course she cares, she is her daughter.

We probably won't ever see that, but I wish we would.
i think she said to bay just not very often as she should
__________________
This is me, All of me and I want you in anyway I can. That I love you.
Christian ♥ Anastasia Edward ♥Bella
~AnastasiaGrey~ is offline  
Old 12-26-2015, 09:41 PM
  #8
Elite Fan

 
Slayerfan714's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 25,493
I'll preface this by saying I am a fan of the Amazing Race and a few years back, they had a mother-daughter team but it was a birth mother and birth daughter who literally met for the first time when they started the race. They were the second team eliminated and when they were describing their relationship to other contestants they said, "This is our time together. After this, we're going to go back to our separate lives and families." And it wasn't meant in a harsh way; they just knew and accepted that they have very different lives.

And maybe that is what Regina should have done from the outset, simply stated she wanted to get to know Bay as a person, but Bay has a mother and father who love her very much. I mean, Regina still looks like a tool, but slightly less of a tool than she does now. Now she simply looks like a flaky inconsiderate person whose daughter is begging her to love her and chose her and she's just like nah.

The way Regina puts everyone before Bay is really sad and it makes Regina not rootable for me.

It's the same old same old. The finale just proved it again. Of course after finding out her art show is a fake, Bay has to be the one to comfort Regina (who doesn't deserve it frankly) who, you know, didn't even bother going to the fake art show. You'd think Regina could be the parent for five seconds and comfort her daughter, but nope.
Slayerfan714 is offline  
Old 12-28-2015, 09:37 AM
  #9
Master Fan

 
ollibear's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 18,894
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerfan714 (View Post)
The way Regina puts everyone before Bay is really sad and it makes Regina not rootable for me.
It's true. I cannot root for Regina. I do not respect her.

I talk about thirtysomething quite a bit. On that show, my favorite couple is Nancy and Elliot. I recently watched an interview with the actor who portrayed Elliot (Timothy Busfield). When he learned that his character was being written to have cheated on his wife, prior to the start of the series, he told the writers that they could make his character as bad of a husband as they wanted, as long as they made him a good dad, too. Timothy Busfield said he knew that the audience would forgive Elliot almost anything, if he did right by his children. So the writers wrote Elliot to be an amazing dad, and it really did make me root for his character.

Regina does not do right by her children, especially Bay. I'm surprised Kathryn has not sat down with Bay and talked to her about Regina. Kathryn has to see how Regina neglects Bay.

Perhaps Kathryn is too wrapped up in her own mid-life crisis to notice, but to me, what is going on between Bay and Regina is a much bigger deal to Bay's happiness than what happened between Bay and Tank. What happened between Bay and Tank was a critical emergency, but what happens between Bay and Regina is chronic. It's worthy of a Kathryn and Bay mother/daughter talk, too.

There is that moment in Street Noises Invade the House (Season 1, Episode 30) where Regina questions Angelo about whether or not she should be more of a parent to Bay. Angelo tells Regina that Bay is going to be okay, and that's it.

When the show returns for Season 2, Regina is so wrapped up in her romance with Angelo, and then, his baby mama drama, that she forgets all about connecting with Bay. Then, Regina loses use of her hands, and she is worried about her connection to Daphne, but still, she is ignoring Bay. Then, her alcoholism gets in the way, and Regina is downright ABUSIVE to Bay. She is cruel and venomous with her body language, tone, and words.

I don't care if Bay and Regina bonded slightly over one summer, because as soon as Bay returned home for her senior year of high school, Regina neglected her again, this time for her career and Wes and Daphne and Angelo.

Bay and Emmett were never included in those family moments that we saw Regina, Daphne, and Angelo enjoying together. Why couldn't Bay and Emmett have been asked over for dinner one night? It would have been a fascinating to see the whole family together at Regina and Angelo's home, without the Kennish parents.

We could have finally watched Angelo and Emmett interact, too. Regina and Angelo could have shown some interest in Bay and her life. But no.

Then, Regina neglected Bay who was going through complete and utter heartbreak over the death of her father and the breakup with Emmett. And why does she ignore Bay? In order to spend time with Eric and Will.

What kind of mother keeps choosing strangers over her own daughter?

I do not understand the character of Regina. I cannot connect with her or root for her.
ollibear is offline  
Old 12-28-2015, 09:06 PM
  #10
Fan Forum Star

 
~AnastasiaGrey~'s Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 240,109
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerfan714 (View Post)
I'll preface this by saying I am a fan of the Amazing Race and a few years back, they had a mother-daughter team but it was a birth mother and birth daughter who literally met for the first time when they started the race. They were the second team eliminated and when they were describing their relationship to other contestants they said, "This is our time together. After this, we're going to go back to our separate lives and families." And it wasn't meant in a harsh way; they just knew and accepted that they have very different lives.

And maybe that is what Regina should have done from the outset, simply stated she wanted to get to know Bay as a person, but Bay has a mother and father who love her very much. I mean, Regina still looks like a tool, but slightly less of a tool than she does now. Now she simply looks like a flaky inconsiderate person whose daughter is begging her to love her and chose her and she's just like nah.

The way Regina puts everyone before Bay is really sad and it makes Regina not rootable for me.

It's the same old same old. The finale just proved it again. Of course after finding out her art show is a fake, Bay has to be the one to comfort Regina (who doesn't deserve it frankly) who, you know, didn't even bother going to the fake art show. You'd think Regina could be the parent for five seconds and comfort her daughter, but nope.
I think maybe Regina probably does it because not that it excuse it, but maybe she feels like she failed Bay as parent so that why she doesnt even try idk.
__________________
This is me, All of me and I want you in anyway I can. That I love you.
Christian ♥ Anastasia Edward ♥Bella
~AnastasiaGrey~ is offline  
Old 12-28-2015, 09:41 PM
  #11
Part-Time Fan
 
nailpolishchick2's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 327
I mean I always wanted Regina and Bay to be close but just when they take a step forward they take ten steps back. I've given up on them. I no longer care. If Regina decides to get a clue and realize that hey, I do neglect Bay then maybe we could go from there but doubtful.
__________________
*!*Phoebe/Cole*Pacey/Joey*Ray/Neela*Abby/Luka*Ross/Rachel*Bay/Emmett*Brooke/Bill*!*
nailpolishchick2 is offline  
Old 12-30-2015, 07:35 PM
  #12
Fan Forum Star

 
~AnastasiaGrey~'s Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 240,109
Quote:
Originally Posted by nailpolishchick2 (View Post)
I mean I always wanted Regina and Bay to be close but just when they take a step forward they take ten steps back. I've given up on them. I no longer care. If Regina decides to get a clue and realize that hey, I do neglect Bay then maybe we could go from there but doubtful.
Yeah I feel the same way it just sad that it has to be this way
__________________
This is me, All of me and I want you in anyway I can. That I love you.
Christian ♥ Anastasia Edward ♥Bella
~AnastasiaGrey~ is offline  
Old 01-17-2016, 04:42 PM
  #13
Master Fan

 
ollibear's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 18,894
Quote:
Originally Posted by nailpolishchick2 (View Post)
I mean I always wanted Regina and Bay to be close but just when they take a step forward they take ten steps back. I've given up on them. I no longer care. If Regina decides to get a clue and realize that hey, I do neglect Bay then maybe we could go from there but doubtful.
For some reason, I have hope for Bay and Regina this season. I feel like the writers are finally ready to go there in Season 5.

I'm going to keep an open mind. I haven't liked Regina very much, and this development might be the only thing that could redeem her character in my eyes. It'd be fun to see Regina and Bay finally become a real mother-daughter team.
ollibear is offline  
Old 02-21-2016, 10:22 PM
  #14
Master Fan

 
ollibear's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 18,894
Quote:
Originally Posted by ollibear (View Post)
For some reason, I have hope for Bay and Regina this season. I feel like the writers are finally ready to go there in Season 5.

I'm going to keep an open mind. I haven't liked Regina very much, and this development might be the only thing that could redeem her character in my eyes. It'd be fun to see Regina and Bay finally become a real mother-daughter team.
Bump!

I am still feeling like things will be really good for Bay and Regina, this season.
ollibear is offline  
Old 02-23-2016, 07:36 PM
  #15
Fan Forum Star

 
~AnastasiaGrey~'s Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 240,109
Quote:
Originally Posted by ollibear (View Post)
Bump!

I am still feeling like things will be really good for Bay and Regina, this season.
I thinkk they were getting closer after Eric left so we Shall see.
__________________
This is me, All of me and I want you in anyway I can. That I love you.
Christian ♥ Anastasia Edward ♥Bella
~AnastasiaGrey~ is offline  
 

Bookmarks


Thread Tools



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:08 PM.

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top

Powered by vBulletin, Copyright © 2000-2021.

Copyright © 1998-2021, Fan Forum.


TEST