Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-01-2016, 07:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollibear (View Post)
It did.

It would have been nice if Melody had at least one sit-down conversation with her son Emmett, where she asked him about his feelings for Bay.

When Melody spoke with Bay, she said Emmett had not told her about their breakup. She did not even know Emmett was dating Skye. The only thing Melody knew was that things had been strained between Bay and Emmett during his visit home, before Bay's evening at the dorm party with Tank.

Wouldn't Melody ask Emmett about his relationship with Skye, before she advised Emmett to let Bay go? Wouldn't she find out what her son and been thinking and feeling in the wake of the Title IX investigation involving his girlfriend?

It bothers me that Melody went from Mama-Bear mode, when Bay was the interloper between Emmett and Daphne, to hands-off parenting, when Travis was the interloper between Emmett and Bay.

It seems like Travis is meant to replace the character of Emmett in every way, including as Melody's son. That decision from the showrunner disappoints me more than any other.
and also that scene just didnt make any sense it just seems so random and out of place given that Melody never really taken too much on Bemmett relationship before
Old 07-02-2016, 10:34 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~AnastasiaGrey~ (View Post)
and also that scene just didnt make any sense it just seems so random and out of place given that Melody never really taken too much on Bemmett relationship before
Melody was all against Bay and Emmett in the beginning, and then, she seemed accepting of it when Emmett announced they were back together a second time.

But Melody sure is on Travis's side now. It seems as though the writers want us to believe Melody favors Travis over Emmett for some weird reason.

Maybe Melody never liked her son. We never saw her enjoying his company.
Old 07-04-2016, 07:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollibear (View Post)
Melody was all against Bay and Emmett in the beginning, and then, she seemed accepting of it when Emmett announced they were back together a second time.

But Melody sure is on Travis's side now. It seems as though the writers want us to believe Melody favors Travis over Emmett for some weird reason.

Maybe Melody never liked her son. We never saw her enjoying his company.
Yeah I think it just the fact of not utilizing her enough.