Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-31-2013, 04:11 AM
Passionate Fan

Yes it was awkward but judging from the previews for next week, it seems like he wants to get away from her or be a jerk.
Old 07-31-2013, 08:30 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerfan714 (View Post)
He did handle it well. He got upset after he was out of there, but in the moment, yeah he stayed calm.

That scene was extra awkward. Even the second time watching I was like "Oh, no..."
Yeah, that's true and I felt the same way...

are you sleepy? wanna sleep?
is that what you want?

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
Old 07-31-2013, 09:56 AM
Elite Fan

Kayla, loved your newest chapter! I'll review it later!

Quote:
Yes it was awkward but judging from the previews for next week, it seems like he wants to get away from her or be a jerk.
I don't think he wants to get away from her at all. It's stemming from his fears about leaving and that Bay will end up going back to Emmett. All we have is a short promo, so I can't judge if he's being a jerk. He could certainly be, but it's coming from the fear of losing someone he loves. And Ty doesn't really have many people in his life. He has Regina and Daphne (but they haven't interacted much) and Mary Beth and Bay. I'd say the most important and closest person to him now is Bay. So it makes sense why he's freaked out. She brought him out of a dark place and now he's starring down the barrel of the gun so to speak.
Old 07-31-2013, 11:52 AM
Part-Time Fan

I loved the chapter as well Kayla. Very well written. Are you doing more?
Old 07-31-2013, 12:39 PM
Part-Time Fan

I was watching the preview clip "Cherish the time" for 2x19 and for the first time I can hear Blair using a southern accent when he says sleeping bags. I thought that was cute as normally he doesn't do it. He is from Georgia after all.
Old 07-31-2013, 12:52 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerfan714 (View Post)
I don't think he wants to get away from her at all. It's stemming from his fears about leaving and that Bay will end up going back to Emmett. All we have is a short promo, so I can't judge if he's being a jerk. He could certainly be, but it's coming from the fear of losing someone he loves. And Ty doesn't really have many people in his life. He has Regina and Daphne (but they haven't interacted much) and Mary Beth and Bay. I'd say the most important and closest person to him now is Bay. So it makes sense why he's freaked out. She brought him out of a dark place and now he's starring down the barrel of the gun so to speak.
I see what Ty is doing as kind of that whole "protect me from what I want" syndrome that tripped up Emmett on Valentine's Day 2012, when he first said I love you to Bay.

Sometimes people are so fearful of losing something that it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. At least, it does, if they are not careful.

In wanting to protect themselves from the hurt of losing the thing (or person) they want the most, they drive that thing (or person) away.

I believe Ty is mature enough to catch himself doing that, though, and to fix the problem before the end of the episode, just like Emmett did, by being honest about his fears.
Old 07-31-2013, 12:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I agree, I think it's too soon to jump the gun to say that Ty is being a jerk by that promo. I do believe he is sincere when he says he loves Bay and he's definitely reacting on fear and insecurity ... which is, worrying about losing Bay to Emmett after he leaves. My guess is going to be that he's probably going to keep bringing up if she's sure about them, she'll keep saying yes, she knows what she wants, but he won't accept her reassurance. Something stupid will probably lead into a bigger argument where something gets said, lol. Just my speculation.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 07-31-2013, 08:07 PM
Loyal Fan

Thanks for the love everyone.

Yup, I plan on writing for as long as I can manage. The hiatus will give me a good chance to really get some writing in.

Quote:
My guess is going to be that he's probably going to keep bringing up if she's sure about them, she'll keep saying yes, she knows what she wants, but he won't accept her reassurance. Something stupid will probably lead into a bigger argument where something gets said, lol. Just my speculation.
That makes a lot of sense. I wouldn't be surprised if it happens that way.

No matter how the wind howls, the mountain cannot bow to it -The Emperor from Mulan
Old 08-01-2013, 03:24 AM
Obsessed Fan

Ty has put his heart on the line, he is worried of losing Bay - since he pretty much only has her in his life, he was finally getting to a good place only to be told he is off to Iraq or where ever again. And Bay hasn't said the "I love you" back yet
Old 08-01-2013, 05:14 AM
Part-Time Fan

Blair will be live tweeting on Monday. Hurray.
Old 08-01-2013, 09:58 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I see what Ty is doing as kind of that whole "protect me from what I want" syndrome that tripped up Emmett on Valentine's Day 2012, when he first said I love you to Bay.

Sometimes people are so fearful of losing something that it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. At least, it does, if they are not careful.

In wanting to protect themselves from the hurt of losing the thing (or person) they want the most, they drive that thing (or person) away.

I believe Ty is mature enough to catch himself doing that, though, and to fix the problem before the end of the episode, just like Emmett did, by being honest about his fears.
I agree.

There's this extreme need to protect ourselves from pain and sometimes if we don't catch ourselves, it does end up being a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Like Heather, I think Bay will be reassuring until the point where she gets fed up and blows up at him, but like Amy, I think Ty will be able to fix it.
Old 08-01-2013, 07:58 PM
Loyal Fan

The one thing that bugged me was that Bay didn't say she "I love you too" after Ty told Bay that he loves her.

I wonder if that'd be a niggling thought at the back of Ty's mind, making him even more insecure about leaving for months at a time. I'm also curious of Bay will say that she loves him in the next episode...

No matter how the wind howls, the mountain cannot bow to it -The Emperor from Mulan
Old 08-01-2013, 08:03 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by EyesOnFire (View Post)
The one thing that bugged me was that Bay didn't say she "I love you too" after Ty told Bay that he loves her.

I wonder if that'd be a niggling thought at the back of Ty's mind, making him even more insecure about leaving for months at a time. I'm also curious of Bay will say that she loves him in the next episode...
I'm sure it will.

I think Bay will say it. Looking at it from her perspective, the last time she said it, she got burned badly. I can understand her wanting to take her time. It definitely sucks when you say it and someone doesn't say it back, but I'd rather have someone take their time and mean it than say it out of obligation, you know? But I think before the season ends Bay will tell Ty she loves him.

I am sure they'll end up making up too before the episode ends.
Old 08-01-2013, 08:15 PM
Loyal Fan

That's true. She did get really burned the last time she opened herself up in a relationship.

I agree. I'd rather have someone take their time and tell me when they're ready than to mechanically say it back.

They probably will.

Old 08-01-2013, 08:20 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah exactly. Saying "I love you" should be because you really love them; not because it feels like the right thing to do or to make them feel better.

But I do think Bay will say it.

Whatever he says to her though, she is mightily pissed off. But Ty can be very romantic when he wants to be, therefore, I think he'll be able to swing it back in his favor. I am glad they are getting more emotional scenes. It has to be extremely difficult for him. I feel bad for him, I do. Bay brought him out of this place and he's happy and in love and now he has to go back and he might lose the one person he loves and needs the most. It does suck for him.