Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-20-2015, 09:08 AM
Elite Fan

#415 "Instead of Damning the Darkness, It's Better to Light a Little Lantern" ~ Episode Discussion

Hope this is okay. Nobody had started a new episode thread.

#415 "Instead of Damning the Darkness, It's Better to Light a Little Lantern"

Air Date: September 21, 2015

Daphne, Bay and Travis head to Mexico on spring break to do volunteer work with Melody. While there, Daphne forms a surprising bond with another volunteer, Bay's anger erupts and Melody's boyfriend presents her with a life-altering suggestion.

Last edited by Impossible Girl; 09-21-2015 at 07:20 AM
Old 09-20-2015, 09:24 AM
Addicted Fan

I wonder what gabes life altering Suggestion is?
Old 09-20-2015, 09:47 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneH (View Post)
I wonder what gabes life altering Suggestion is?
With Marlee Matlin on Broadway in real life, perhaps Gabe suggests that Melody leave UMKC (where parents are trying to oust her anyway) and move to Mexico City with him. He's been there for six months, according to Melody. Gabe probably misses her.

I wonder if Gabe is the one who invites Emmett, because he is planning on proposing marriage to Melody.

I wonder what would happen to the Deaf program, without Melody.
Old 09-21-2015, 04:44 AM
Part-Time Fan

I'm interested in seeing who Bay explodes on. If Emmett is there, she could explode on him - or she could explode on Daphne.
"I took the fall for you and here you are in Mexico, partying it up, hanging around with a guy, while in the meantime, you got a D in Chemistry".
If THAT happens, we may see a new Daphne - constantly studying - which would be the beginning of her downward spiral - but we'll see.
The announcers DID say that BIG changes are coming. We will see what those are.
Old 09-21-2015, 06:09 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollibear (View Post)
With Marlee Matlin on Broadway in real life, perhaps Gabe suggests that Melody leave UMKC (where parents are trying to oust her anyway) and move to Mexico City with him. He's been there for six months, according to Melody. Gabe probably misses her.

I wonder if Gabe is the one who invites Emmett, because he is planning on proposing marriage to Melody.

I wonder what would happen to the Deaf program, without Melody.
If that does happen, I wonder if the writers will eventually just write Emmett off too. I would hate that because he's been key since the beginning but if he's across the country, no longer dating Bay, not really friends with anyone back in KC anymore, and Melody moves to Mexico I can see just how easy it would be for them to write him off. And is it just me, or has Regina and Melody's friendship really cooled off as well?

Watching: Longmire Season 4...YES!
Old 09-21-2015, 07:20 AM
Moderator Support Team

thanks for the thread. I added the promo to the OP!
icon by
Old 09-21-2015, 05:15 PM
Part-Time Fan

Bay is going to explode.. YIKES!
Old 09-21-2015, 05:24 PM
Part-Time Fan

Watching right now. I'm kind of upset with Bay. She just texted Skye on Emmett's phone.She needs to move on.
Old 09-21-2015, 05:33 PM
Part-Time Fan

Wowza. Emmett was ripe with jealousy. lol
Old 09-21-2015, 05:34 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nailpolishchick2 (View Post)
Wowza. Emmett was ripe with jealousy. lol
So was Bay. Jeez, what's with her? I think maybe she should leave Mexico early.
It's too difficult for both of them.
Old 09-21-2015, 06:03 PM
Part-Time Fan

Very telling moment between Emmett and Travis.. Emmett still loves Bay and him realizing Travis does in fact have a thing for Bay. Very unsettling for him.
Old 09-21-2015, 06:09 PM
Part-Time Fan

delete please

Last edited by SaB-Lover:); 09-28-2015 at 10:47 AM Reason: delete please
Old 09-21-2015, 06:13 PM
Extreme Fan

I was distracted by homework and didn't catch the first 20 minutes of the episode... I didn't see the part where Bay apparently texted Skye (but knew about it thanks to Twitter!) so I can't really comment on that part of it. I don't know what she wrote either.

And I do think it was a little immature of Bay to be flirting with Travis right on front of Emmet. I don't know if she has any feelings for him (I think she does), but he CLEARLY does for her, and leading him on, in a way, isn't cool.

But I started watching right around the fight scene, and I have to say it wasn't cool of Emmet. Travis is right, he's with someone else, who is he to have any opinion on that? IMO, if you're broken up, whether you're with someone else or not, who are you to say who she can and cannot date?

I get that it's (probably) the whole first love thing and you don't ever really forget your first love, but dude come on.

Next week looks like it's going to be good, I should set a reminder on my phone.
Old 09-21-2015, 07:21 PM
Supreme Fan

What Bay did ... just no. Not cool at all. She was deliberately trying to start something between Emmett and Skye. Emmett didn't know that Bay was going to be there and he was actually being pretty cool, given the awkwardness. If the situation was reversed, then it would seem like Emmett had an unhealthy obsession. That was the point that Daphne made to Bay ... that Frida was obsessed with Diego. She crossed a line there, an unhealthy one. Emmett never lied to Bay about his current relationship status -- he just wanted her to know, given their history, that it happened after they'd broken up. Travis lied to Bay. And what Bay did was out of line.
ODO & KIRA (DS9)

Old 09-21-2015, 07:46 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes&FredFan (View Post)
What Bay did ... just no. Not cool at all. She was deliberately trying to start something between Emmett and Skye. Emmett didn't know that Bay was going to be there and he was actually being pretty cool, given the awkwardness. If the situation was reversed, then it would seem like Emmett had an unhealthy obsession. That was the point that Daphne made to Bay ... that Frida was obsessed with Diego. She crossed a line there, an unhealthy one. Emmett never lied to Bay about his current relationship status -- he just wanted her to know, given their history, that it happened after they'd broken up. Travis lied to Bay. And what Bay did was out of line.
I don't agree. Emmett had that Bay text message to Skye coming. All Emmett does is bail on Bay. So he doesn't want her, he shouldn't come crying to her when he realizes he made a mistake and he will..