Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-04-2015, 05:39 PM
Elite Fan

#413 "Between Hope & Faith/Fear" ~ Episode Discussion

#413 "Between Hope & Faith/Fear"

Air Date: 9/7/15

Travis visits Emmett in Los Angeles and is displeased with how his friend has changed. Meanwhile, Eric wants Regina to move in with him, but Regina wants to learn more about Will's mother first; and a stressed-out John takes his anger out on Toby.

Last edited by Slayerfan714; 09-04-2015 at 07:13 PM
Old 09-04-2015, 06:57 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerfan714 (View Post)
#413 "Between Hope & Faith"

Air Date: 9/7/15

Travis visits Emmett in Los Angeles and is displeased with how his friend has changed. Meanwhile, Eric wants Regina to move in with him, but Regina wants to learn more about Will's mother first; and a stressed-out John takes his anger out on Toby.
Thanks for the new thread!

On Lizzy Weiss's white board, the episode is called "Between Hope and Fear" and that is the name of an 1876 oil painting by artist Sir Lawrence Alma-Tadema. But I have seen a few TV guides listing it as "Between Hope and Faith."

I wonder which one is right?
Old 09-04-2015, 07:00 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollibear (View Post)
Thanks for the new thread!

On Lizzy Weiss's white board, the episode is called "Between Hope and Fear" and that is the name of an 1876 oil painting by artist Sir Lawrence Alma-Tadema. But I have seen a few TV guides listing it as "Between Hope and Faith."

I wonder which one is right?
I know! I'm not sure. TV Guide had it as Hope & Faith, but I remember seeing the white board.

???
Old 09-04-2015, 07:02 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I know! I'm not sure. TV Guide had it as Hope & Faith, but I remember seeing the white board.

???
I just found this on LW's twitter feed:

https://twitter.com/Lizzy_Weiss/stat...18926091341824
Old 09-04-2015, 07:03 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollibear (View Post)
I just found this on LW's twitter feed:

https://twitter.com/Lizzy_Weiss/stat...18926091341824
It's so odd. Even my DVR says "Hope & Faith".

Hmmm.
Old 09-04-2015, 07:10 PM
Addicted Fan

I thought I remembered it as hope and fear too. Weird.
Old 09-04-2015, 07:13 PM
Elite Fan

Alright, I put a "/" just to cover all the bases

Someone wasn't doing their job it seems.
Old 09-04-2015, 07:22 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Alright, I put a "/" just to cover all the bases

Someone wasn't doing their job it seems.
Coolio!

I'm excited to see Emmett in this episode. And petrified that fans everywhere are going to start a hate campaign so viral that his character is written off the show immediately.

Do you remember that song, "How low can you go? How low can you go? How low can you go? How L-O-W can you go?"

Well, I feel like LW and the writers must have been humming that one, as they penned the story arc for this particular journey of Emmett's.

I really have no idea how low the writers will take the character. Never in my wildest imagination could I have guessed that they would derail the character as completely as they did in the Season 4A Finale. And now, to realize, that they have not even started to take him as low as they intend this season, WELL, it's scary for me.
Old 09-04-2015, 07:30 PM
Addicted Fan

I wish we knew what LW thoughts are on emmetts journey during season 4. But she hasnt said much of anything at all. she said shes tweeting the ep on Monday so Maybe she'll say a little something
Old 09-04-2015, 08:05 PM
Elite Fan

She has been rather silent when it comes to Emmett lately.
Old 09-04-2015, 09:33 PM
Dedicated Fan

Honestly, though. When a lot of people first go away to school they change drastically because life is so different and they try to fit in with new people (or try to reinvent themselves). So it's not surprising if Emmett would change a lot and Travis wouldn't like it. We'll see how it all plays out!

Watching: Longmire Season 4...YES!
Old 09-04-2015, 09:43 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kassiek (View Post)
Honestly, though. When a lot of people first go away to school they change drastically because life is so different and they try to fit in with new people (or try to reinvent themselves). So it's not surprising if Emmett would change a lot and Travis wouldn't like it. We'll see how it all plays out!
Oh, definitely.

And I think location matters. Emmett is in LA, studying to be a filmmaker. It's competitive and sometimes people in that environment change without even realizing it. Not to say he wouldn't have changed had he gone to Galluadet, but I think him being in California is a different type of change? Maybe? I don't know. Obviously I'm not trying to generalize LA/Hollywood. Not everyone lets it go to their head, but a lot of people do.
Old 09-04-2015, 09:55 PM
Addicted Fan

I do think it was a lot of change at once for Emmett. But still, such a drastic change is jarring.
Old 09-07-2015, 06:51 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneH (View Post)
I do think it was a lot of change at once for Emmett. But still, such a drastic change is jarring.
I'm expecting Emmett to do and say awful things tonight.

I feel like the writers want to tear him down completely, so that they can build up a Bay and Travis relationship.

To me, having Emmett coldly and harshly dump his girlfriend, who he promised a forever on multiple occasions, and who has just been raped by another man, and having Emmett take her private pain over the rape and turn it into a major motion picture for his class project, well, that is tearing him down enough.

But for the writers, I fear, they need to really decimate Emmett, before they dive head first into a Bay & Travis love affair for the ages.

If I am right, tonight should be fun to watch. I enjoy jumping on the "I hate Emmett" bandwagon with everyone else.

I go back and forth between loving and hating Emmett so quickly and so often that I don't even register the shift anymore.
Old 09-07-2015, 07:49 AM
Addicted Fan

There is nothing I hate more than when shows destroy one character or ship to prob a new one. And that does seem the direction they're going with Travis and bay. Everything that Emmett is doing wrong, Travis is doing right.