Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 08-29-2015, 10:58 AM
Elite Fan

#412 "How Does a Girl Like You Get to be a Girl Like You" ~ Episode Discussion

#412 "How Does a Girl Like You Get to be a Girl Like You"

Air Date: August 31, 2015

Bay enrolls in a class at UMKC and finds herself in the spotlight because of the school's new harassment policy. Meanwhile, Daphne's scholarship is in jeopardy; John faces economic troubles; and Daphne has doubts about her relationship with Mingo.
Old 08-30-2015, 12:56 PM
Part-Time Fan

We'll see what actually happens but this leads me to believe that Bay is moving on with her life without Emmett.
We MIGHT see if Daphne does anything to hold onto her scholarship.
Last week was the Bay episode. I would suspect that tomorrow's episode will be the Toby episode.
We'll see if Daphne and Mingo break up.
Old 08-31-2015, 08:50 AM
Master Fan

Is there anything anyone is looking forward to seeing?
Old 08-31-2015, 11:41 AM
Elite Fan

I guess Toby's reaction to Lily being pregnant and the baby having Down Syndrome.

I want to see Bay not letting what others think about her bother her. Or rankle her.
Old 08-31-2015, 03:23 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerfan714 (View Post)
I guess Toby's reaction to Lily being pregnant and the baby having Down Syndrome.

I want to see Bay not letting what others think about her bother her. Or rankle her.
I agree with both of those, Alyssa.

I'm also curious if Bay will have any doubts about whether what Tank did was rape, OR if Bay will become more convinced than ever that what Tank did was definitely rape.

I went back and watched the three episode arc from last season, and I am still not sure if Bay believes she was raped or not. At one point, it sounds like she is definitely saying it was NOT a rape, and at the next moment, it sounds like she is definitely saying that it was a rape.

It's very confusing, still.
Old 08-31-2015, 05:27 PM
Elite Fan

Anyone watching?
Old 08-31-2015, 05:44 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Anyone watching?
I wish I was. My cable doesn't get that channel!
Old 08-31-2015, 06:14 PM
Addicted Fan

I'm glad for more Toby. And I feel bad for John and his money situation. He needs to be honest with Kathryn though before the stress gives him another heart attack.
Old 08-31-2015, 06:14 PM
Elite Fan

Oh John.....sigh. Not that this is the first time Kathryn has done something impulsive with money to help someone. Remember the nurse who she pretty much paid off? That being said, he needs to tell her.

I am not surprised Daphne is opposed to aborting the baby as she has strong feelings about children who society does not deem "normal." And I don't like to use that word about people because I think there is no such thing as normal really. We all have our issues. But whereas Toby and even Lily at this point see a baby with special needs as a burden, Daphne sees it merely as a challenge.

I'm glad Bay went back to class. I wonder if they'll make her some victim's advocate. Travis's story was really sad. I'm glad he felt safe enough to share it with Bay. But at the same time, this is the third time he's physically gone after someone. Noah, that guy in the dorm, and now this other guy. Not to mention wanting to go after the guys who robbed Daphne. It's really alarming. So, if they are going forward with a Bay-Travis romance (and again, I see signs saying they are) I hope Travis talks with someone. Bay should too. Not only because of the Tank situation, but I've always maintained the biggest misstep all the parents made was not getting Daphne and Bay into counseling after the switch was revealed.

But for Travis, clearly what happened to him still effects him - understandably. But I'm just worried it'll land him and Bay too in some trouble.
Old 08-31-2015, 06:36 PM
Extreme Fan

First of all, Katherine had not left that room more than five seconds before John threw the stuff on the ground, how did she not hear it?! Again, this isn't the first time she's given money to people who need it, but I agree, he should definitely tell her.

Second, I'm pro-choice, so I really hope the family doesn't try to guilt Toby (and Lily) into keeping the baby. It shouldn't be the family's choice, it should be Toby and Lily's choice. And if I'm being even more technical, it should be Lily's because it's her body. I don't know how I'd handle their situation, but I think they are both handling it well. I really hope they don't pressure Toby and Lily into keeping the baby, like I said before, but I have a feeling that's what is going to happen...

Third, I love that Mingo is learning to sign. I'm not too crazy about him as a character, and I think Daphne should date her interpreter. Or, even better *gasp* be single!

Fourth, Bay's Spanish class (before all the talk about sexual assault happened) gave me flashbacks to my Spanish class senior year of college... And that scene with Travis and Bay broke my heart.
Old 08-31-2015, 07:43 PM
Dedicated Fan

Oh Travis...poor Travis. As for the impulsive going after people that Travis does, isn't that a pretty normal thing for the rough around the edges guy to do in TV terms? We've seen it over and over again in TV couples and never has the guy laid a hand on the girl (Joey and Pacey DC and Veronica and Logan VM for example). I'm not saying it's healthy, just that it's very commonly seen on TV as not so abnormal.

Toby and Lily might go down the road of abortion. ABC Family might be making a point about this, although they have shown people with down syndrome on their shows before.

As for Mingo learning to sign...I just had flashbacks to Wilke.

Watching: Longmire Season 4...YES!

Last edited by Kassiek; 08-31-2015 at 08:23 PM
Old 08-31-2015, 09:55 PM
Part-Time Fan

Daphne continues to tick me off. She has NO business making Toby feel guilty over this pregnancy. She has her own opinions but this is NONE of her business and she needs to stay out of this. This is strictly between Toby and Lily and that is it! I'm pro choice all the way and it's not right at all that someone tries to guilt someone into keeping a baby. Not your life, not your body..

Travis's rape story reeks of where it's going to go with Bay. They'll get closer only for Emmett to return. Typical Weiss.

This episode was kind of boring if you ask me! Bay just needs to accept the fact that something happened to her that she doesn't remember and put it to bed, as Kathryn says, this doesn't have to affect your whole life, it's all about you deciding to take control and not let it!
Old 09-01-2015, 05:27 AM
Part-Time Fan

I guess that I was wrong about Daphne. I would have guessed that she would be pro-abortion. It didn't appear to be the case last night.
Old 09-01-2015, 06:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Anyone watching?
I caught a tiny bit. I really am getting tired of Daphne.
Old 09-01-2015, 01:08 PM
Part-Time Fan

I'm going to voice an extremely unpopular opinion. Frankly, I found it repulsive and appalling that Lizzy Weiss would dare to compare Travis being molested as a child to Bay getting drunk and sleeping with a guy while she was intoxicated. Travis did not have a choice. He was a child. He was vulnerable and coerced and manipulated by someone who should have known better. Bay DID have a choice. She could have chosen to limit the amount of alcohol she drank that night. Or, better yet, given the fact she was underage, she could have refrained from drinking alcohol altogether. Tank did not slip her a rufie. He did not coerce or manipulate her into drinking more than she could handle. He didn't videotape her thus violating her privacy and disrespecting her, he didn't have sex with her while she was stone cold passed out and unaware which would have absolutely been rape, he didn't share her with his friends and later laugh about it on Facebook or otherwise violate her dignity that night.

He had sex with a girl he loved who seemed to be just as much into the idea as he was. He was equally drunk! If she was too inebriated to consent or make sound decisions that night then so was he! They BOTH were impaired and yet it is being written as something Tank did to Bay and not something they did together. Which is why I find it laughable and ironic that she became so offended by Travis defending her as if he were taking away her choices. So, she doesn't want to be seen as helpless or vulnerable but she is a - okay with leaving all the responsibility to whether or not she has sex to Tank. In essence she's saying, "You can't speak for me but you can decide when I do and don't want to have sex." Does that make sense to you? It doesn't make sense to me.

The irony is that the longer the storyline plays out the more I grow to resent Bay. I am sick and tired of the "Woe is Bay" hour. What about Tank? What about this boy who was estranged from his father, expelled from school and had his life irrevocably altered for a girl who cheated on him? Every time I think about it I get sick. Basically, he's been made into the villain so that Bay can be the martyr and the victim...as per usual. I fail to understand why I am supposed to be overwhelmed with sympathy and outrage on Bay's' behalf because she made a choice to get drunk and then proceeded to make a decision she later regretted, yet I was supposed to label Emmett as the cheating scum of the earth when he got drunk and slept with Simone. Is the difference because Emmett could remember what happened and Bay couldn't? That seems way too cut and dried, especially when you have countless individuals every year who climb behind the wheel of a car while intoxicated and then later cannot remember that they caused an accident that caused someone injury or perhaps even death. Do we absolve them from responsibility because they were too drunk to make sound decisions?

The final straw for me last night was when Travis' molestation was equated with this tripe! No. No. It is not the same. It is not remotely close! And when Bay was being all sarcastic with Kathryn and asking, "What...I should learn from this?" Yes, fool, you should! Grow up and take responsibility for the choices you make! Learn your limits for alcohol. Learn not to place yourself in situations where your judgment is altered. Learn to be your own advocate! Hopefully, Tank learned those lessons and he won't ever find himself in such an unfortunate situation again . Because, as it stands right now, most of my sympathy lies with him.

Last edited by DJNS; 09-01-2015 at 04:42 PM