Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-27-2015, 07:49 AM
Master Fan

#409 "The Player's Choice" ~ Episode Discussion

#409 "The Player's Choice"

Air Date: March 3, 2015

Daphne considers rushing while Bay tries to help Travis and Mary Beth.

Iris urges Daphne to broaden her college experience by rushing a sorority.

Bay inserts herself when Travis's popularity as a UMKC baseball player starts to affect his relationship with Mary Beth.

Meanwhile, Toby plans to ask Lily to move in with him.

"The Player's Choice" was written by Terrence Coli and directed by David Paymer.
Old 02-27-2015, 10:30 AM
Part-Time Fan

According to the previews shown on TV, Bay makes one last attempt to patch things up with Emmett by going to LA. I would assume that if she is successful, she will move to LA permanently.
Old 02-27-2015, 08:43 PM
Elite Fan

TFTNT, Amy.
Old 03-01-2015, 12:00 PM
Master Fan

I've been thinking about this upcoming episode, The Player's Choice, and Bay & Emmett.

In the last episode, Bay and Daphne discussed the situation with Emmett:
Bay told Daphne, "Can you believe it? I'm finally free to go to L.A., and the timing could not be worse."

Daphne replied, "Have you spoken to Emmett since he's been gone?"

And Bay said, "No. I'm giving him space, and hopefully he'll figure things out, and then come to me when he's ready."

Daphne responded, "He loves you. He will."
Daphne seems sure of herself.

I do agree that Emmett loves Bay, but I am not sure Emmett will come to Bay when he is ready. I am not even sure Emmett will ever be ready, without some sort of intervention.

I don't think giving Emmett space is the best course of action for Bay to take, if she wants to maintain a relationship with him.

To me, it feels like Emmett is slipping away from Bay. The distance between them is great, and it has been great for a while now. Add in Emmett's confusion over what happened between Bay & Tank, and I think Bay is losing Emmett, unless she acts.

When Emmett figures things out, if Emmett figures things out, I don't see him coming to Bay. I don't even see him contacting her. Instead, I see Emmett letting Bay go.

I could be wrong, but it feels to me like Bay is the one who needs to take action. My prediction for this next episode is that Bay will realize that.

We know, from the promo, that Bay tells John, "I'm going to L.A."

From the episode description, we know that "Bay inserts herself when Travis's popularity as a UMKC baseball player starts to affect his relationship with Mary Beth."

Like Mary Beth feared, baseball seems to be coming between them. Perhaps women are flirting with Travis, and it goes to his head.

My guess is that Bay will watch these college students flirting with Travis and realize the likely probability that college students are flirting with Emmett, in the same way.

I am thinking THAT may be what spurs Bay to bite the bullet and go ahead and contact Emmett herself. I don't see Bay able to continue playing the waiting game, without satisfying her curiosity in this way. It has to be worrying her, wondering what he is thinking.

I wonder what happens when Bay does contact Emmett.

Emmett must say something to Bay that motivates her to make the decision to surprise him in L.A.

Any ideas what Emmett might say to Bay?

In the promo, Bay says to someone, "There is no way that I am letting you go without a fight."

I don't necessarily trust that Bay is saying that line to Emmett. The promos often play games with us. Perhaps Bay says that line to Travis about something he is doing that frustrates her. I don't know.

Truthfully, I am not even sure that line will ever appear in the episode. Often, lines such as that one are completely edited out of what we see.

If Bay does say that line to Emmett, though, what kind of remark could he have made to trigger it?

Do you think Emmett is surprised Bay contacts him, and he simply asks Bay to let him go?

In Emmett's mind, Bay still has four more months of probation. He doesn't know that she has been released.

Emmett also knows that he is committed now to finishing out his year of schooling.

Believing that Bay cannot join him in L.A., maybe Emmett is thinking it will just be easier if Bay lets him go. Maybe he is thinking it is best if they no longer speak to each other.

If Emmett wants to get over the loss of his relationship with Bay, the quickest way to do that is to sever all contact. Perhaps Emmett is thinking that he can move on and one day find someone new.

Does anyone believe Emmett will have started dating Skye (or someone else)?

I don't see him doing that yet, but I don't know for sure.

I see this whole situation with Bay as throwing Emmett for a loop. I see him choosing to focus on his studies and put relationships out of his mind for a while.

But maybe he is dating someone in L.A. I don't know.

As for the finale, my prediction is that Emmett will be so happy to see Bay in L.A. that they will work through their problems and choose to start over again.

And I really do think the writers will have Bay discover she is pregnant, as the episode draws to a close. I see that as the mid-season finale cliffhanger. Bay would certainly fear that a pregnancy might jeopardize her fresh start with Emmett. She could not know who the father of her baby is.

What other possibilities exist for Bay & Emmett, as the mid-season finale draws to a close?

Do you think Bay & Emmett will stay together in L.A.? Stay together in K.C.? Or go their separate ways?

I can't wait to find out! I really want to see Bay & Emmett happy together. The thing that would bring me the most joy and keep me tuning in would be to see Bay & Emmett have a baby together. I have dreamed of that since their eyes first meet in the pilot episode.

I hope it comes true!
Old 03-01-2015, 12:33 PM
Addicted Fan

i think it's starting to be possible that bay's pregnant and finds out in the finale just as bay and emmett find happiness again. although it would end up as a "who's the father" story and i really have no interest in watching bay and emmett try and work on being together while bay has a baby with another guy so hopefully that is NOT what happens.

but, if they go the pregnant route and it's emmett's i think that is a reason to bring him back to KC for the time being.
Old 03-01-2015, 01:20 PM
Part-Time Fan

If Bay is pregnant with Emmett's child, then they get married. Show over.
If Bay is pregnant with Tank's child - Bay and Emmett are no more - and what does John do? Does he track Tank down, with the proverbial shotgun? - Does he support this child or is Bay Sorrento on her own?
Tank looked John straight in the eyes and told him that the sex was consensual. Since John never said anything, he may have felt that Tank was telling the truth.

I am more concerned about some kind of criminal activity, where Bay is blamed, then I am about a pregnancy. Not only would Bay face the prospect of spending some time in jail, even if only for a few days, but Daphne would be besides herself with guilt. SHE belongs in jail, NOT Bay.

Last edited by John S; 03-01-2015 at 01:33 PM
Old 03-01-2015, 02:13 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by John S (View Post)
If Bay is pregnant with Emmett's child, then they get married. Show over.
Not for me!

The only thing I have ever wanted to see is Bay & Emmett navigating parenthood together.

Call me a romantic, but I believe a lot of Switched at Birth fans might join me in that.

I would love to see Bay & Emmett share all of these moments and more:
  • watching the baby's heartbeat for the first time
  • the ultrasound
  • discovering the gender
  • navigating the pregnant belly (this part would remind me of the moment they first spoke, when Emmett sees Regina's picture and asks Bay, "Is that you in there?")
  • Emmett documenting their pregnancy through pictures and film
  • choosing a name for the baby
  • moments like Angelo's cassette tape ("so the baby knows good music")
  • a baby shower/decorating the nursery
  • sibling interactions with Daphne, Toby, Abby, and Baby Boy Bledsoe
  • Bay's labor
  • the birth of their child
  • the hearing test at the hospital
  • raising a Deaf child or a hearing CODA
  • the rituals of making a home together
  • maintaining individuality within a family, insecurities
  • differences in approaches to parenting
  • in-law issues (Regina, Kathryn, John, Melody, Gabe, Cameron, Debbie)
  • focusing on career vs. family
  • finances and expectations
  • building a sense of family together (traditions, adventures, intimacy, love)

From the pilot episode, Switched at Birth has felt timeless to me. It has reminded me of my favorite play, Our Town, by Thornton Wilder, in which the Stage Manager says, "This is the way we were in our growing up, in our marrying, in our living, and in our dying."

I have always felt that is what Switched at Birth aspires to show us, too.

The minutia, the mundane moments of our lives, are the most complex. So many nuances exist within them, and Switched at Birth does an excellent job of exploring them. I love the show for that reason.

At times, to me, Switched at Birth feels comfortable and non-threatening, like home.

At other times, Switched at Birth feels unsettling and ironic, painful.

Switched at Birth is just like life. For that reason, it is timely and will always be timely.

So many times the camera has pulled back to show the stars in the heavens. Switched at Birth gives me characters I dearly love, and it allows me to see them struggling in this massive, chaotic context of the universe.

I LOVE THAT ABOUT THIS SHOW.

I will always love and be grateful to Switched at Birth for bringing that to life.

In this gentle and beautiful way, Switched at Birth illuminates how difficult it is to be human.

The importance of love, of all kinds of love, is the unifying theme. I would like nothing more than to see Bay & Emmett share the simplistic everyday events that we all live through.

Nothing would resonate with me more.
Old 03-01-2015, 02:19 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollibear (View Post)
Not for me!

The only thing I have ever wanted to see is Bay & Emmett navigating parenthood together.

Call me a romantic, but I believe a lot of Switched at Birth fans might join me in that.

I would love to see Bay & Emmett share all of these moments and more:
  • watching the baby's heartbeat for the first time
  • the ultrasound
  • discovering the gender
  • navigating the pregnant belly (this part would remind me of the moment they first spoke, when Emmett sees Regina's picture and asks Bay, "Is that you in there?")
  • Emmett documenting their pregnancy through pictures and film
  • choosing a name for the baby
  • moments like Angelo's cassette tape ("so the baby knows good music")
  • a baby shower/decorating the nursery
  • sibling interactions with Daphne, Toby, Abby, and Baby Boy Bledsoe
  • Bay's labor
  • the birth of their child
  • the hearing test at the hospital
  • raising a Deaf child or a hearing CODA
  • the rituals of making a home together
  • maintaining individuality within a family, insecurities
  • differences in approaches to parenting
  • in-law issues (Regina, Kathryn, John, Melody, Gabe, Cameron, Debbie)
  • focusing on career vs. family
  • finances and expectations
  • building a sense of family together (traditions, adventures, intimacy, love)

From the pilot episode, Switched at Birth has felt timeless to me. It has reminded me of my favorite play, Our Town, by Thornton Wilder, in which the Stage Manager says, "This is the way we were in our growing up, in our marrying, in our living, and in our dying."

I have always felt that is what Switched at Birth aspires to show us, too.

The minutia, the mundane moments of our lives, are the most complex. So many nuances exist within them, and Switched at Birth does an excellent job of exploring them. I love the show for that reason.

At times, to me, Switched at Birth feels comfortable and non-threatening, like home.

At other times, Switched at Birth feels unsettling and ironic, painful.

Switched at Birth is just like life. For that reason, it is timely and will always be timely.

So many times the camera has pulled back to show the stars in the heavens. Switched at Birth gives me characters I dearly love, and it allows me to see them struggling in this massive, chaotic context of the universe.

I LOVE THAT ABOUT THIS SHOW.

I will always love and be grateful to Switched at Birth for bringing that to life.

In this gentle and beautiful way, Switched at Birth illuminates how difficult it is to be human.

The importance of love, of all kinds of love, is the unifying theme. I would like nothing more than to see Bay & Emmett share the simplistic everyday events that we all live through.

Nothing would resonate with me more.
...and what if it is Tank's child?
Old 03-01-2015, 02:45 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
...and what if it is Tank's child?
Then, that becomes a different story.

It could be that Emmett's love for Bay runs deep enough to love Tank's child as his own. I believe it does.

Or it could be that Tank's baby growing inside of Bay is what finally brings her relationship with Emmett to an end.

As a side note, I am not sure if Bay would continue a relationship with Emmett, if another woman was carrying his child. I just don't know.

But it will definitely be a different story, if Bay is pregnant with Tank's baby. That's for sure.

I will say, in Emmett's favor, from the very first season, he has been shown as a character with impeccable timing.

Whether it was playing poker with Toby and Wilke, OR being there for Bay when Ty left for basic training, OR winning the auction for a Deafenstein DVD with split second judgment, Emmett is a young man who has ALWAYS had time on his side.

I have to believe that Emmett's choice to get a last minute flight and surprise Bay, as she removed her ankle monitor, and then, THEIR choice to sneak upstairs for some love making, while her parents were sleeping, were BOTH good choices.

If Bay is pregnant, I believe Emmett will be the father.

Time will tell, I suppose.
Old 03-01-2015, 04:08 PM
Part-Time Fan

I realize that everyone on this forum is female, and they are looking at the love stories and the happy endings. I have said from my first post here, that I don't see it. Apparently, very few people on here grasp the severity of this situation. Bay Kennish is a felon. There is absolutely NO WAY to change that. She will NEVER be exonerated. She is currently free because she was given breaks by the judge when she received a somewhat lenient sentence. She was given another break last week. If something happens, she will NEVER receive another break. The police, the courts, her parole officer, the guard, if she would ever have to do community service, would treat her like a criminal - just like the guard did before Bay saved his life. No parole, no leniency, no sympathy.
We have already seen how she was lambasted by the UMKC website and called every name in the book. If she is arrested again, how many more websites will pick up her story and make her the object of scorn and ridicule? If her story goes national, she will face such criticism that it will be unbelievable. If she goes into a store, the security guard will be on her the whole time that she is in the store. The scorn will be constant and it will be vulgar. The public will demand to know why this "thing" isn't in jail and they will be EVERYWHERE - on the TV, on the internet, in front of her home, everywhere she goes, until she will look forward to her self imposed house arrest. No Emmett, no friends, only sadness and loneliness.
While Bay's torment will be external, Daphne's will all be internal. When bad things happen to Bay, Daphne will feel the guilt of knowing that Bay doesn't deserve this - she does. Every time that Bay is called names, Daphne will feel the pain. Every time that Daphne is praised as the "good girl", she will feel such misery that will just build and build and build. Daphne also feels the pressure of HAVING to get good grades.
We have already begun seeing the signs of it. She snapped when she got that D. She blamed it on the pressure that she is under. Suppose she gets another bad grade. She MUST succeed. She CANNOT let Bay down. Bay saved her life.
Daphne is now an "empowered" woman. How many steps down does she have to take before she is a promiscuous woman? Regina, inadvertently, showed her that using the deaf card will help her get better grades.
Week after week, this will continue until they each snap. Bay will become an emotional zombie, unable to feel anything anymore. Daphne will become this obnoxious, vile creature, using whatever and whoever to help her achieve her goal of becoming a doctor.
Nothing can stop this downward spiral. NOTHING. It will continue. It will build and it will be permanent - until the show comes to an end.

I am so sorry that I am so negative but I do not see any happy endings for Bay or Daphne. How can there be? Bay Kennish IS a felon and Daphne Vazquez SHOULD be a felon.

So while the women on this forum are looking for the love stories and the happy endings, I will expect the worst. Time will tell who is more correct.
Old 03-01-2015, 04:34 PM
Addicted Fan

this is abc family, there will be a happy ending at the end of the show. maybe not for everyone, but for bay and daphne i think there will be.

anyway, i have a feeling that despite bay's efforts travis and mary beth may break up.
Old 03-01-2015, 05:19 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I realize that everyone on this forum is female, and they are looking at the love stories and the happy endings.
It's true that I can only think of three frequent posters who have been male.

But even though we have several female posters, I think I might be the only one looking for a love story and happy ending. That's me. It doesn't really have anything to do with me being female.

Quote:
I have said from my first post here, that I don't see it. Apparently, very few people on here grasp the severity of this situation. Bay Kennish is a felon. There is absolutely NO WAY to change that. She will NEVER be exonerated. She is currently free because she was given breaks by the judge when she received a somewhat lenient sentence. She was given another break last week. If something happens, she will NEVER receive another break. The police, the courts, her parole officer, the guard, if she would ever have to do community service, would treat her like a criminal - just like the guard did before Bay saved his life. No parole, no leniency, no sympathy.
I get it. I'm the one that pointed out to YOU that even if Nacho reveals the truth, Bay will still be a felon, because she committed perjury.

As innocently as I choose to look at the world (and make no mistake, for me, it IS a conscious choice), even I get that.

Quote:
We have already seen how she was lambasted by the UMKC website and called every name in the book. If she is arrested again, how many more websites will pick up her story and make her the object of scorn and ridicule? If her story goes national, she will face such criticism that it will be unbelievable. If she goes into a store, the security guard will be on her the whole time that she is in the store. The scorn will be constant and it will be vulgar. The public will demand to know why this "thing" isn't in jail and they will be EVERYWHERE - on the TV, on the internet, in front of her home, everywhere she goes, until she will look forward to her self imposed house arrest. No Emmett, no friends, only sadness and loneliness.
Yep, that's the way the world often works. It's a perilous situation for Bay. That's for sure. Hopefully, Bay will be careful and have a little bit of luck on her side, too.

Quote:
While Bay's torment will be external, Daphne's will all be internal. When bad things happen to Bay, Daphne will feel the guilt of knowing that Bay doesn't deserve this - she does. Every time that Bay is called names, Daphne will feel the pain. Every time that Daphne is praised as the "good girl", she will feel such misery that will just build and build and build. Daphne also feels the pressure of HAVING to get good grades. We have already begun seeing the signs of it. She snapped when she got that D. She blamed it on the pressure that she is under. Suppose she gets another bad grade. She MUST succeed. She CANNOT let Bay down. Bay saved her life. Daphne is now an "empowered" woman. How many steps down does she have to take before she is a promiscuous woman? Regina, inadvertently, showed her that using the deaf card will help her get better grades.
It's possible. That's certainly the way it would work for some people, but I am not sure yet that Daphne actually has a conscience. In the short term, yes, she feels guilt. But we haven't seen much evidence of Daphne possessing a long-term conscience.

If things really explode, Daphne is so self-centered that I believe she would eventually work through the guilt and blow it all off. In Daphne's mind, life is too short to let this completely destroy her world. At least, that's what I have seen from her, so far.

What's the problem with Daphne choosing a life of transient sexual relationships?

Promiscuity may be a positive choice for Daphne. Think Samantha Jones, from Sex in the City. Daphne is still young and deciding who she is going to be, but Samantha's attitudes are not far from Daphne's viewpoint on sex, so far.

It worked for Samantha. It could work for Daphne, too. Or perhaps, with this experience with Mingo, Daphne is choosing a different path. It remains to be seen.

Quote:
Week after week, this will continue until they each snap. Bay will become an emotional zombie, unable to feel anything anymore. Daphne will become this obnoxious, vile creature, using whatever and whoever to help her achieve her goal of becoming a doctor. Nothing can stop this downward spiral. NOTHING. It will continue. It will build and it will be permanent - until the show comes to an end.
It's possible. Or not.

Life is full of surprises. Nothing is ever over, until it is over.

Quote:
I am so sorry that I am so negative but I do not see any happy endings for Bay or Daphne. How can there be? Bay Kennish IS a felon and Daphne Vazquez SHOULD be a felon.

So while the women on this forum are looking for the love stories and the happy endings, I will expect the worst. Time will tell who is more correct.
Don't apologize for being negative. I love to read a variety of speculation AND to learn what other people would enjoy seeing happen, too.

And don't dismiss the women on this forum as being limited to desiring love stories and happy endings. In this forum, the people posting express a wide variety of viewpoints.

Trust me, my romantic notions have little to do with being female. It's who I am, a romantic. Males are romantic, too.

I am also a divergent thinker and a bit of an extremist. I enjoy dark and sinister, as much as the next person.

But I enjoy real and authentic stories, ones with depth and honesty. Shock value has a place, but ultimately, it is empty and fleeting, and it will not be provided a permanent home, on a show like Switched at Birth.

I do not believe the Switched at Birth writers will choose horror, as their final venue.

It's just my opinion, but I do not believe these writers will continue to spin a story that is relentlessly dour and brutal with no sense of fun.

I can enjoy some fairly intense, gory and mean stuff, in the right context. But a story doesn't need to be permanently mired in gloom.

There’s no need for the writers to continually make something "not fun" on purpose. It just comes across as immature, to me. Real life rarely works that way.

Take this story, about a man who lost almost everything, and still finds happiness:

Giles County man who lost daughter, wife, watches home burn - Richmond.com: Virginia News And Politics

Even during truly horrific times, there are moments of inspiration and glory. That's reality, too, or it can be, if one chooses it.
Old 03-01-2015, 08:07 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneH (View Post)
i think it's starting to be possible that bay's pregnant and finds out in the finale just as bay and emmett find happiness again. although it would end up as a "who's the father" story and i really have no interest in watching bay and emmett try and work on being together while bay has a baby with another guy so hopefully that is NOT what happens.

but, if they go the pregnant route and it's emmett's i think that is a reason to bring him back to KC for the time being.
If Bay is pregnant...it definitely would be a who is the father. Given the distance and time, there is no way of it being anything else. And if she got pregnant, bearing in mind she wouldn't know the dad, chances are it wouldn't be Emmetts. And it would seem bizarre..

Bay has safe sex with 2 guys and gets pregnant.
Daphne has the condom come off and doesn't get pregnant.
I know that condoms aren't 100% but that would really be like kicking the puppy (Bay) while she is down

Quote:
I realize that everyone on this forum is female, and they are looking at the love stories and the happy endings. I have said from my first post here, that I don't see it. Apparently, very few people on here grasp the severity of this situation. Bay Kennish is a felon. There is absolutely NO WAY to change that. She will NEVER be exonerated. She is currently free because she was given breaks by the judge when she received a somewhat lenient sentence. She was given another break last week. If something happens, she will NEVER receive another break. The police, the courts, her parole officer, the guard, if she would ever have to do community service, would treat her like a criminal - just like the guard did before Bay saved his life. No parole, no leniency, no sympathy.
While Bay's torment will be external, Daphne's will all be internal. When bad things happen to Bay, Daphne will feel the guilt of knowing that Bay doesn't deserve this - she does. Every time that Bay is called names, Daphne will feel the pain. Every time that Daphne is praised as the "good girl", she will feel such misery that will just build and build and build. Daphne also feels the pressure of HAVING to get good grades.
We have already begun seeing the signs of it. She snapped when she got that D. She blamed it on the pressure that she is under. Suppose she gets another bad grade. She MUST succeed. She CANNOT let Bay down. Bay saved her life.
Daphne is now an "empowered" woman. How many steps down does she have to take before she is a promiscuous woman? Regina, inadvertently, showed her that using the deaf card will help her get better grades.
Week after week, this will continue until they each snap. Bay will become an emotional zombie, unable to feel anything anymore. Daphne will become this obnoxious, vile creature, using whatever and whoever to help her achieve her goal of becoming a doctor.
Nothing can stop this downward spiral. NOTHING. It will continue. It will build and it will be permanent - until the show comes to an end.

Bay would have issues re interviews but not stores....stores won't know she is a "criminal". If she was on the run with her picture there, then sure. But if the story re UMKC went national, it would be as a "rape victim" not a shoplifter!

And Bay having Tank's baby would be the only reason to have him stick around now after what happened.... I couldn't see Tank walking off and not wanting to see his child which would never allow for Emmett to be the dad to Tank's child.

Last edited by ollibear; 03-01-2015 at 08:27 PM Reason: Merged due to double posts
Old 03-01-2015, 08:47 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by othfan1980 (View Post)
And if she got pregnant, bearing in mind she wouldn't know the dad, chances are it wouldn't be Emmetts. And it would seem bizarre..

Bay has safe sex with 2 guys and gets pregnant.
Daphne has the condom come off and doesn't get pregnant.
I know that condoms aren't 100% but that would really be like kicking the puppy (Bay) while she is down
Odds are probably good that the writers will never let us know the particulars, and most people won't agree with me, BUT, I don't care.

In my mind, Bay & Emmett used the pill during their senior year of high school, because condoms are just NOT that intimate.

However, I believe Bay must have gone off the pill, when Emmett went to LA.

Bay probably didn't mention that, when Emmett returned home for a surprise visit, because she wanted to have sex with him, she didn't have a condom, and she thought the timing was safe.

However, even though Bay thought the timing was safe with Emmett that weekend, she would be much more cautious with Tank.

A small calculated risk with Emmett wouldn't seem like a big deal to Bay. But any risk with Tank would be unacceptable, so that is why Bay was overly concerned about whether or not Tank used a condom.

As for Daphne, any medical professional would be negligent not to recommend Daphne use Plan B (the morning-after pill), as soon as the condom was removed from her body.

Considering Daphne would have been taking that pill within a couple of hours of intercourse, there is a VERY slim chance Daphne would be pregnant.

I could see Regina (or John or Kathryn) finding a positive pregnancy test in the trash, as a mid-season finale cliffhanger, with Daphne being the red herring as the one who may be pregnant. But I seriously doubt the writers would have Daphne be pregnant, because it would not be as compelling of a story as it would be with Bay, for several reasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by othfan1980 (View Post)
And Bay having Tank's baby would be the only reason to have him stick around now after what happened.... I couldn't see Tank walking off and not wanting to see his child which would never allow for Emmett to be the dad to Tank's child.
Parents cannot prevent their ex-partners' new partners from being surrogate parents to their children. Tank may choose to be an involved father, but he could not prevent Emmett from playing a role in the child's life, if Bay wanted Emmett to play a role.
Old 03-01-2015, 09:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
I realize that everyone on this forum is female, and they are looking at the love stories and the happy endings.
I'll comment on more later. I just wanted to say that what you said here was a little sexist. Not only women look at the love stories or happy endings. I haven't met one person who has liked any character and wanted them to have an unhappy ending. We are all hoping for happy endings with characters that we love. I say this as a man.