Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-21-2014, 06:28 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah, a bit awkward.
Old 07-21-2014, 06:43 PM
Supreme Fan

I thought it was a filler episode. We have Emmett/MB/Travis at the club and MB/Emmett trying to pull off a charade that, of course, blows up in Tank's face when he hands the bottle of beer off to Emmett, who's recognized by his teacher and calls him by his real name. Daphne goes off with a pre-med kid for a pseudo tour, but suddenly she's doing coke and then throwing things . Bay goes to see her cousin who is actually trying to scam her out of $700 as retribution for what Angelo did years ago. And finally we have Leo/Kathryn/Renzo's disastrous night where we find out that Leo's a single dad - so of course Kathryn tries to set him up with her friend Renzo. John's chief role was to use his airline miles ... and to bail Bay out when she knocks over that glass piece and to confront Sebastian for lying about it.

Toby/Lilly were great - I like her. I'm reluctant to ship them though ... just don't think they'll get much story. Toby/Tank as roommates ... eh. That just screams "awkward."

Didn't like seeing Emmett/MB lie to Tank like that. Of course it was going to blow up ... while part of it was humorous (Emmett trying to catch what Tank was saying when he was slurring his words and making gestures) it just was too contrived. Just as Daphne meeting some random guy and doing coke .

The best part was easily the last five minutes when the girls get back. Bay/Abby was a great scene. The rest of it was just ... okay.
ODO & KIRA (DS9)

Old 07-21-2014, 07:11 PM
Master Fan

I don't think it is a filler episode. I have not seen any filler episodes in Season 3B. It felt like some filler existed in Season 3A, but not now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes&FredFan (View Post)
I thought it was a filler episode. We have Emmett/MB/Travis at the club and MB/Emmett trying to pull off a charade that, of course, blows up in Tank's face when he hands the bottle of beer off to Emmett, who's recognized by his teacher and calls him by his real name.
I loved that part. It made me laugh, and it advanced the plot in several important ways. Tank and Emmett now know each other. Tank and Toby bonded. Lily and Toby now bonded. We know that Emmett and Mary Beth ARE friends. Tank made a fool of himself (understandably, but still), and we know that Tank does drink too much and likes to throw himself at women. We know that things are still good romantically between Travis and Mary Beth.

Gosh, I loved that entire scene. It rocks!

Quote:
Daphne goes off with a pre-med kid for a pseudo tour, but suddenly she's doing coke and then throwing things .
I love Daphne's meltdown. Teens in crisis do this sort of thing. She spiraling out of control and quickly. I LOVE it. I wonder if Bay will tell Emmett that Daphne did cocaine. I know that Daphne already told Regina, but I would like both Bay and Emmett to be there to look out for her, if they can.

Ever since Emmett told Daphne, "You'd never do this sort of thing. You're perfect. You found out this crazy thing happened and still you are handling it so well," I have been WAITING for this to happen to Daphne. Her summer with Jace was just the beginning. She didn't hit bottom, and Daphne NEEDS to hit bottom.

This is good. It is compelling. And I am hooked. I believe the writing is SPOT ON tonight.

Quote:
Bay goes to see her cousin who is actually trying to scam her out of $700 as retribution for what Angelo did years ago.
I loved Bay's visit with her cousin as well. So many times in life, I have looked forward to meeting someone. I have put them on a pedestal and thought that I need to impress them. And then, I have found out that the person is a jackass.

I love that is what happens to Bay.

Also, the picture of Bay's aunt is a beautiful touch. As is Bay's new-found connection to Abby.

Quote:
And finally we have Leo/Kathryn/Renzo's disastrous night where we find out that Leo's a single dad - so of course Kathryn tries to set him up with her friend Renzo.
It was nice humor, and again, it advances the plot in necessary ways. Now, it won't be odd when we see more of Abby. We will understand why. And Renzo is always a breath of fresh air. I want to learn more about him, and tonight, we did. Renzo truly is a good friend to Kathryn, and I want that connection to exist forever, in the same way that I want Daphne and Emmett to forever remain good friends.

Quote:
John's chief role was to use his airline miles ... and to bail Bay out when she knocks over that glass piece and to confront Sebastian for lying about it.
John is being his typical bungling-dad self, but he is trying. He is not stupid. He is walking a tightrope between giving the girls more freedom and still trying to protect them. I LIKE that John is trying. And I even like that he is not a superdad. It makes John real to me.

Quote:
Toby/Lilly were great - I like her. I'm reluctant to ship them though ... just don't think they'll get much story. Toby/Tank as roommates ... eh. That just screams "awkward."
Other than Bay & Emmett, who to me are in a class by themselves, I don't ship. But I, too, like Toby and Lilly. They are sweet. I am glad that we see them connecting more next week, too.

Yeah, Toby and Tank as roommates is awkward. If we are going to have more of Tank, that is an acceptable way for it to happen, though. I have a feeling that Tank will be messy. But Toby will probably be good for Tank. He will probably help him grow up a bit.

Quote:
Didn't like seeing Emmett/MB lie to Tank like that. Of course it was going to blow up ... while part of it was humorous (Emmett trying to catch what Tank was saying when he was slurring his words and making gestures) it just was too contrived.
Not for me! I loved it. It didn't seem contrived AT ALL. It was humorous, and it is just the sort of thing that happens in real life and ALWAYS blows up in the perpetrators' faces.

Quote:
Just as Daphne meeting some random guy and doing coke .
No, this is where Daphne is in her head right now. I like it. This character development is so sorely needed for Daphne. I find myself identifying with her. When she had the flashback to taking the selfie with Angelo, oh, that was SO good. Daphne is finally becoming human, real, three-dimensional, relatable. I love it. And I am so glad she didn't destroy the poor kid's laptop.

Quote:
The best part was easily the last five minutes when the girls get back. Bay/Abby was a great scene. The rest of it was just ... okay.
It was cute. The entire episode is excellent. I like it more than the episode last week. Out of all of the episodes of Season 3A and 3B so far, this one and Oh, Future! are standouts to me.

Last edited by ollibear; 07-21-2014 at 07:16 PM
Old 07-21-2014, 07:21 PM
Supreme Fan

It's a better season than some past seasons we've had.
ODO & KIRA (DS9)

Old 07-21-2014, 08:24 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerfan714 (View Post)
That scene with Bay and Abby just slayed me.

Yes!
Old 07-21-2014, 08:35 PM
Dedicated Fan

That Emmett and Marybeth scene rocked my socks. Marybeth and Toby were trying to keep the drama at bay..(see what I did there lol) but drunken Tank just wouldn't stood drinking. If anything, Tank is definitely not right for Bay and we leaned, Emmett has gotten better at dodging punches. I didn't expect Daphne to do drugs but I was expecting her to lose it...of course, she kinda went crazy last season too. Vanessa tweeted that what Daphne did tonight won't be without consequences..and to watch the season finale to find out what she meant (hope that's okay to post here)

I think it was important Bay go on the Chicago trip too. She leaned valuable information about her family's history. And she can pass that on the Leo.
Old 07-21-2014, 08:57 PM
Dedicated Fan

Well, I'm pretty sure Daphne won't be getting into Northwestern. Yikes...throwing furniture and almost hitting people. Having worked in higher education for years, she'll be lucky if she doesn't get blackballed from some of the major universities. And the poor kid she was with...he might be ousted from dorms at the least and have a big fine. It always gets found out. But it wasn't that surprising that she would take whatever drug was offered...she tends to be the more impulsive character. I will say, I kinda thought they were going to go with Molly since that is the "hip" drug in media currently. Leave it to an ABC Family show to always go a road I don't expect!

I loved the Bay storyline. It went right with Angelo's and it doesn't surprise me that his cousin didn't like him so much. My extended family is a lot like that...everyone is really competitive so there is a lot of resentment at the same time as distance. No one really knows each other. What I'm wondering is if/when Bay will tell everyone that it's hereditary. If she'll try to find out if she has an aneurysm and if she does, how she'll react. If she does, not getting into school will be the least of her worries and open up a lot of storylines.

I'm glad Tank is moving in with Toby. And man, they aren't all adults like Tank said so this is bound to get awkward. But I loved Tank. Loved loved loved his character, so I'm glad he'll stick around!

Overall, I thought it was a good episode. I just wished they would have moved it along a bit faster and given us more of the good bits.

Watching: Longmire Season 4...YES!
Old 07-23-2014, 06:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes&FredFan (View Post)
It's a better season than some past seasons we've had.
yea kind of.
Old 07-23-2014, 09:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Truthfully, I felt this episode was a little 'blah' for me after such a dramatic episode and exit of Angelo. That normally is a general complaint of mine, though, when shows address the aftermath of a character death. I find that the proceding episode attempts to downplay the death, as evidenced with the 2 week time jump into this next episode. I don't know, for me, I think I prefer a bit of a slower progression for an event that is suppose to have an impact on other characters. I think it would have been nice to have gotten to see the funeral service or memorial with the family coming together to grieve and then take it from there with the fallout. Like for Bay, my projected guess is, since they are dealing with the biological aspect for her, one of the two daughters, either Bay or Abby will end up with the same condition while the other dodges the bullet. This could be good drama for Bay and a slow burn story for her but they would probably make it predictable and go with Abby. Daphne is dealing with the loss by not dealing with it, avoidance and escapism into a dangerous world of drug use ( which by the way, I am finding the hate and insensitive remarks towards Daphne on FB over the top after this episode, so I might be taking another break from this fandom).

Life does move on but at the same time watching it totally jump into a mode of normalcy after a couple episodes feels off for me. So, in a sense, even though there are many dumping on Daphne's storyline, I appreciate it for what it is because I think it is the closest story really focusing on the emotional|psychological fallout from this death. We see Regina trying to deal but I just cross my fingers the show is not planning to glaze over her grief and hook her up with her boss anytime soon to show she is moving past Angelo, in what, 2 or 3 episodes? That is just the kind of direction I would find eyeroll worthy.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 07-23-2014, 06:45 PM
Supreme Fan

^ Totally agree. I guess we'll found out how the writers plan to carry the storyline ... or if it just gets discarded.
ODO & KIRA (DS9)

Old 03-28-2017, 05:30 PM
Fan Forum Star

Can Toby cut that facial hair please? Ick. New chick is kinda meh to me. I'm over the teacher/student storylines but at least Toby is an adult and out of highschool... I liked the SL with Emmett and Tank. If the show focused more on the kids I would enjoy it more. Tank is a jerk trying to punch Emmet though. I realize he was drunk but still, what is his purpose now? And then Toby wanting to live with him? That seems like a disaster.

The cousin talking about Angelo ditching him after he got money from the lawsuit was sad. Angelo just really didn't come off like a great guy to me. But then the cousin took money from the Kennish's which was irritating. Its not like he had to let Angelo stay with him. As soon as he didnt pay rent he should have kicked him out. Bay finding out the aneurysm was heredity was sad. Who wants to hear that? I liked the Daphne/Bay scene, we don't see enough of them.

Daphne's coke storyline was stupid to me, I didnt enjoy watching that. I am not looking forward to an addiction storyline if that's where its going. She was really annoying to me this episode. Her being so pissed at Regina just irks me.
Old 03-29-2017, 07:46 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
Can Toby cut that facial hair please? Ick. New chick is kinda meh to me. I'm over the teacher/student storylines but at least Toby is an adult and out of highschool... I liked the SL with Emmett and Tank. If the show focused more on the kids I would enjoy it more. Tank is a jerk trying to punch Emmet though. I realize he was drunk but still, what is his purpose now? And then Toby wanting to live with him? That seems like a disaster.

The cousin talking about Angelo ditching him after he got money from the lawsuit was sad. Angelo just really didn't come off like a great guy to me. But then the cousin took money from the Kennish's which was irritating. Its not like he had to let Angelo stay with him. As soon as he didnt pay rent he should have kicked him out. Bay finding out the aneurysm was heredity was sad. Who wants to hear that? I liked the Daphne/Bay scene, we don't see enough of them.

Daphne's coke storyline was stupid to me, I didnt enjoy watching that. I am not looking forward to an addiction storyline if that's where its going. She was really annoying to me this episode. Her being so pissed at Regina just irks me.
I love reading your posts, because you say exactly what I remember feeling when the episode aired.

What was up with that facial hair? It lasted way too long and the rest of Toby's hair only got worse as the season progressed. Yuck.

That new chick seemed meh to me, too, and still does today.

And YES???? What purpose did Tank serve at that point? I remember wanting to shout that from the rooftops, in the hopes that Lizzy Weiss would answer. At the time, she tweeted that she brought back the character because everyone likes the actor who plays him so much that she could not resist. That's not a good reason. She should have let the story be her guide.

Unfortunately, she later found a story-related reason to keep the character Tank right on and on, and I hated it.

But I do have to give Lizzy Weiss credit. She made it fit. It worked. It was believable. It felt true to the characters.

But I still hated it.
Old 04-07-2017, 08:41 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)

Oh I so agree with you with the facial hair I dont care for it either
Old 04-09-2017, 02:11 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~AnastasiaGrey~ (View Post)
Oh I so agree with you with the facial hair I dont care for it either
I didn't see any facial hair, but I noticed Toby's hair has some weird style again in the promo for this week. It's like a pony tail for men, or maybe it's a rattail haircut. I don't know, but it looks hideous.

Why do they do that to him? It totally turns me off his character.

I did love that scene at Scratch with Emmett and Mary Beth dancing, and then, a drunk Tank comes over and takes a swing at Emmett, with Travis watching.

Why Travis EVER told Tank where to find a private bedroom to take a drunken Bay I will never know. Travis knew that Tank still had feelings for Bay. He knew that Tank had just taken a swing at Emmett a couple months earlier. He saw Tank hanging all over Bay. People at the dorm party said it was obvious Tank and Bay were going to hook up that night.

Why would Travis send a drunk Bay off to a bedroom with her ex-boyfriend? What kind of friend was Travis being to Emmett? To Bay? Travis knows that Bay is the love of Emmett's life and always has been.

It still ticks me off how Travis did nothing to protect Bay, and then, the minute Bay and Emmett have difficulties because of what happened at the dorm party, Travis makes a move on her.

And he is the one who brought alcohol to the party!