Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-15-2014, 01:58 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollibear
That is so true. Emmett does have perspective and he is detached enough from the situation to approach Bay in a rational, calm, gentle manner.

I kept thinking throughout that scene in Angelo's apartment, though:
"Yeah, Emmett can say these words to Bay now, but if it was Bay in that hospital bed, would Emmett so easily hand over the will to her doctor? Or would Emmett need someone like Melody, Cameron, or Daphne to help him see the truth, too?"
Exactly. Or even if it were Melody or Cameron in that bed, would he? Even Daphne who was the more rational of the two yesterday came back to the doctor with that article with a sliver of hope.

I've never had to make that decision, but I was with my grandmother when she passed away and my mom had been at the hotel because she had been with her the whole day and went back to get some rest. When she arrived at my grandmother's home, she was so stricken with grief. My dad said in the elevator in the hotel he was afraid people would believe he was harming her due to the sounds she was emitting while crying.

And then when they came to take my grandmother's body, my mom didn't want to let them take her. She even whispered to me and pleaded not to let them take her.

Even knowing my grandmother was dead, my mom didn't want to let her go, so I totally get where everyone was coming from.
Old 07-15-2014, 04:49 PM
Supreme Fan

Thank you all .

Last night was a tearjerker .
ODO & KIRA (DS9)

Old 07-15-2014, 05:30 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes&FredFan (View Post)
Thank you all .

Last night was a tearjerker .
It was, Donna. I am still feeling sad.

I woke up thinking about the episode this morning, and I have been thinking about it all day.

It's not that I want to change anything, because I don't. But it was just so sad for me.

And I am a pretty happy person at this moment in my life. I cannot imagine how I would have felt watching this episode, if I was going through a difficult time right now.

My heart feels somewhat empty, as it is. I don't want the image to disappear.

It reminds me of the end of Six Feet Under, when Nate's ghost tells Clare, "You can't take a picture of this. It's already gone."
Old 07-15-2014, 09:46 PM
Dedicated Fan

Finally we have the sneak peeks up for next week...it looks just as sad. I really, really did like Angelo. But on a happier note, all the sneak peeks seem extra packed with signing which is nice!

Watching: Longmire Season 4...YES!
Old 07-16-2014, 09:19 AM
Dedicated Fan

It does look extremely sad.
Old 07-16-2014, 07:46 PM
Supreme Fan

While the image may fade, the memory lives on. And sometimes in our dreams we visit memories that our conscious mind have forgotten, and sometimes in those dreams we see people we've lost. I really wish they'd stop with the tearjerkers.
ODO & KIRA (DS9)

Old 07-17-2014, 03:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

angelo dying
Old 07-17-2014, 04:14 PM
Master Fan

It was a very emotional episode. I watched it yesterday and I still didn't process all the emotions. It reminded of my mother's death

It was nice to see Emmett but we didn't see him enough. In the previous episode I found his absence normal but this time, I thought he should have been present earlier in the episode, not only for Bay but also for Daphne. The show seems to have forgotten about their friendship and I miss that too.
I found unbearable the way Bay talked to Daphne, especially when she said Angelo wasn't even Daphne's father. I know she suffers but it doesn't give her any right to be mean to Daphne who suffers too ! I hope she will apologize to Daphne later.
Old 07-17-2014, 05:07 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
but also for Daphne. The show seems to have forgotten about their friendship and I miss that too.
yes they don't show much of emmett/daphne friendship anymore. same with melody/regina. i hope to see them together again soon too.
Old 07-17-2014, 06:21 PM
Supreme Fan

It's a loss to the show, really, that they don't show more of the friendships.
ODO & KIRA (DS9)

Old 07-21-2014, 09:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I am ... Speechless.

I just recently caught up with the show after having fallen behind this part of the new season, I have been away from the boards, and have not followed spoilers so Angelo's death completely blind-sided me. I cried during this episode.

This certainly added some real drama to the series, a tragedy that could strike without a moment's notice, but at the same time, I feel like I am being cheated out of a character's development that was on the brink of success. I found Angelo's renewed committment to his relationship|marriage with Regina endearing, his bonding with Daphne and learning to sign with her very moving, and it felt it was just a matter of time before this opened up even more to include Bay and the girls truly were to have two real fathers, blood tied and not. In last episode, when Angelo told Daphne they would all go to Europe that next summer, my mind flashed to Angelo, Regina, Daphne and Bay as their own little sub-unit, within the bigger Kennish-Vasquez family unit ... kind of like when John and Kathryn have their moments together with the three kids, minus Regina and Angelo, I was intrigued only to see that possible reality now dashed. I also liked that the writing had set-up the re-bonding of Regina, Daphne, and Angelo because I think that was vital in order to overcome the past and move forward into the newer family unit with the Kennishes. That was the first family unit broken down that needed repairing since the switch itself could never be course corrected at this point.

I am not going to lie, I am annoyed that Angelo has been taken out of the equation to leave John Kennish as the only father left standing. I do not hate John but I had become more partial to Angelo and admired his efforts to change and be there for both girls. Angelo truly came to see Daphne as much his daughter as his biological daughter, Bay, even though he was not there for most of their lives. I was really hoping to continue to see that flourish more with both Daphne and Bay. John has his moments with the girls too, especially with Bay, and moments I like, but sometimes his approach feels suffocating to me.

I can definitely see and understand how Daphne will act out in response to this more so than Bay. It is a loss for both girls; however, I think the psychological|emotional impact will weigh more heavily on Daphne. Why do I think that? Bay is fortunate to still have her emotional security net. She will grieve the loss of the man she came to know as her biological father but she is lucky to have her parents, her true parents there, to catch her when she emotionally falters. Kathryn and John are who Bay is strongly bonded to so I think she will grieve and fall back on them for support.

But Daphne? The Kennishes are her biological parents but the first bond is to Regina. Daphne is currently disconnected from her because she blames her mom for what happened to Angelo. And that is in part due to the fact that Angelo was also that first bond as her father, even though he left and did not help raise her. All those years, she was emotionally connected to the father that left her, the only father she knew about, and those years of feelings and belief do not disappear because the truth of a different biological father became known. Then, the man she always believed to be her father returns, she is eventually able to forgive the past and start to embrace a father-daughter relationship they could have had in theory for all those missing years. And now it is ripped away from her. So, Bay has just lost Angelo for the first and last time ( because she was never aware of his existance prior to the switch) while Daphne has just lost him for the second time. That has to be a huge emotional blow after just opening herself back up to him. I think the Kennishes will be there to try and soften the blow but I do not think it will be the same like it will be for Bay. That will not be the Kennishes fault, it is just the reality of the way things are as far as the bonding and emotional security goes.

The fallout from this is what I am now curious about. I really would like this to be a chance to really bond the girls through this tragedy and for them to be there for each other, and if one of the Kennishes pulls Daphne from her funk, it is Bay. And bring Wilkie back as a surprise, lol. I also want to see how this impacts Regina. I would like Regina to ultimately reach out to Bay and embrace both girls together. Bay is that one piece of Angelo that Regina will only have, in the biological sense.

Donna! Your story made me want to cry. How eerie to have a fictional story relate so personally to your own. So sorry and lots of hugs to you and your son.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.

Last edited by GrhmLz; 07-21-2014 at 09:50 AM
Old 07-21-2014, 10:35 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrhmLz (View Post)
This certainly added some real drama to the series, a tragedy that could strike without a moment's notice, but at the same time, I feel like I am being cheated out of a character's development that was on the brink of success.
Yes. I deeply feel that, too.

I do believe the writers intended for us to feel that loss. They wanted us to feel cheated by this death in the way that the characters feel cheated by it.

If that was their intention, it worked.

Quote:
I found Angelo's renewed committment to his relationship|marriage with Regina endearing, his bonding with Daphne and learning to sign with her very moving, and it felt it was just a matter of time before this opened up even more to include Bay and the girls truly were to have two real fathers, blood tied and not. In last episode, when Angelo told Daphne they would all go to Europe that next summer, my mind flashed to Angelo, Regina, Daphne and Bay as their own little sub-unit, within the bigger Kennish-Vasquez family unit ... kind of like when John and Kathryn have their moments together with the three kids, minus Regina and Angelo, I was intrigued only to see that possible reality now dashed.
Yes, to all of this!

Over the last couple of years, I have seen my share of Angelo detractors in social media, but I never disliked Angelo myself. Of course, when he appeared on the show, viewers weren't meant to immediately trust him. Angelo was mysterious, a bit of an enigma. But I always liked him.

Angelo lost more fan support, when Lana came along, and also because of the way he handled the situation with Abby. Angelo is definitely NOT a superman. He is human. The way Angelo blindly felt his way through all of the crises that crossed his path seems believable to me.

But as much as I accepted him and always liked him, this summer I had actually grown to love Angelo. His relationship with Regina was endearing, and Angelo gave far more of himself to Regina, than she was giving to him.

Angelo's recent moments with Daphne were priceless. It was as if a great wrong was being corrected in the universe. The switch took so much happiness away from Angelo, Regina, and Daphne, and now, that wrong was being righted.

And like you, I feel it was only a matter of time before Bay was included. So sad that all of that is gone. It died with Angelo.

Quote:
I also liked that the writing had set-up the re-bonding of Regina, Daphne, and Angelo because I think that was vital in order to overcome the past and move forward into the newer family unit with the Kennishes. That was the first family unit broken down that needed repairing since the switch itself could never be course corrected at this point.
Exactly! Yes.

Quote:
I am not going to lie, I am annoyed that Angelo has been taken out of the equation to leave John Kennish as the only father left standing. I do not hate John but I had become more partial to Angelo and admired his efforts to change and be there for both girls. Angelo truly came to see Daphne as much his daughter as his biological daughter, Bay, even though he was not there for most of their lives. I was really hoping to continue to see that flourish more with both Daphne and Bay. John has his moments with the girls too, especially with Bay, and moments I like, but sometimes his approach feels suffocating to me.
I love John, but I am more partial to Angelo.

I understand what you mean when you say that John's approach feels suffocating. It does to me, too.

Many people have said that Bay got the better end of the switch. She grew up in a stable home environment with two parents and plenty of money. But I always felt as though Bay was cheated the most, because she lost Angelo. He is this gentle free spirit, and Bay needed that in her life.

Quote:
I can definitely see and understand how Daphne will act out in response to this more so than Bay. It is a loss for both girls; however, I think the psychological|emotional impact will weigh more heavily on Daphne. Why do I think that? Bay is fortunate to still have her emotional security net. She will grieve the loss of the man she came to know as her biological father but she is lucky to have her parents, her true parents there, to catch her when she emotionally falters. Kathryn and John are who Bay is strongly bonded to so I think she will grieve and fall back on them for support.
Me, too. Like she said to Angelo, "My parents are my parents." She will lean on Kathryn and John.

Quote:
But Daphne? The Kennishes are her biological parents but the first bond is to Regina. Daphne is currently disconnected from her because she blames her mom for what happened to Angelo. And that is in part due to the fact that Angelo was also that first bond as her father, even though he left and did not help raise her. All those years, she was emotionally connected to the father that left her, the only father she knew about, and those years of feelings and belief do not disappear because the truth of a different biological father became known. Then, the man she always believed to be her father returns, she is eventually able to forgive the past and start to embrace a father-daughter relationship they could have had in theory for all those missing years. And now it is ripped away from her.
Yes. All of those years of feelings and belief do not disappear. I still remember Emmett's words to Daphne, when he asked her to join their search for Angelo:
Emmett: "Daphne, you are smart, beautiful, happy. Let him see what he missed out on."

Daphne: "I don't care enough to let him see."

Emmett: "Yeah, you do. I think you owe it to yourself to look him in the eye and say everything you've wanted to say all these years. At least, think about it."
I'm glad that Daphne had the opportunity to say everything she wanted to say.

It is so sad that at the moment Angelo and Daphne worked through all of that anger and hurt, Daphne lost him again.

Quote:
So, Bay has just lost Angelo for the first and last time ( because she was never aware of his existance prior to the switch) while Daphne has just lost him for the second time. That has to be a huge emotional blow after just opening herself back up to him. I think the Kennishes will be there to try and soften the blow but I do not think it will be the same like it will be for Bay. That will not be the Kennishes fault, it is just the reality of the way things are as far as the bonding and emotional security goes.
So true.

Quote:
The fallout from this is what I am now curious about. I really would like this to be a chance to really bond the girls through this tragedy and for them to be there for each other, and if one of the Kennishes pulls Daphne from her funk, it is Bay. And bring Wilkie back as a surprise, lol. I also want to see how this impacts Regina. I would like Regina to ultimately reach out to Bay and embrace both girls together. Bay is that one piece of Angelo that Regina will only have, in the biological sense.
All of this is true, too.

Bay should be the one to ultimately pull Daphne from her funk. I don't believe it will happen at first, but Bay will be there for Daphne when she hits bottom. I like the idea of a shift and Bay becoming more important to Daphne than even Emmett. Daphne will always treasure Emmett's friendship, but I love the idea of Daphne and Bay sharing a deeper bond. It would be such a change from the pilot episode.

And yes, to bringing Wilke back as a surprise! He reminds me a little of Angelo in his vanity and original hesitancy to learn ASL. Also, both Wilke and Angelo are adorable and playful and sweet. Wilke is perfect for Daphne, in my opinion. He could be there for her and make her believe again.

Personally, I want to wait another season before Regina and Bay begin to bond, but you are correct that Bay is the only piece of Angelo Regina will have. I cannot wait for the story that will finally bring Regina and Bay together.
Old 07-23-2014, 10:08 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollibear (View Post)
Yes. I deeply feel that, too.

I do believe the writers intended for us to feel that loss. They wanted us to feel cheated by this death in the way that the characters feel cheated by it.

If that was their intention, it worked.
Yes, it most certainly worked and was true to how real life can turn out. We take things for granted, our loved ones especially, and we sometimes forget that even though they are young, that does not make the possibility of death a stranger to them.

Arguments happen. But it is so tragic to have to live with the hindsight that your very last moments and
Words with a deceased love one were spent in the heat of the moment, in anger or in fighting. It really puts these words of wisdom into perspective: Never walk away angry or go to sleep in your anger because you just never know for sure when your last moments will be.

My heart aches for Regina in this because there is no opportunity now to say I am sorry. I do not believe she ultimately meant the words she was throwing at him, her anger took over and it pushed a button from her past with the accusation of the cheating so she lashed back out. Personally, I feel it might come out at a later time that the argument with Regina is not what caused the anuryesm or accident, but instead, had to do with the restaurant foreclosure and whatever was going on with his partner, but who knows if and when that will come out. But if it does come out, I hope that at least at some point it can offer both Regina and Daphne some peace over it, especially with Daphne blaming her mom.

They also got that final moment in the hospital where Angelo was slightly conscious and he squeezed Regina's hand, and then later, Bay's as well. It is something, a tiny consolation, because others are not even fortunate enough to get that little bit if their loved ones never again regain any consciousness after a major surgery.

Quote:
Over the last couple of years, I have seen my share of Angelo detractors in social media, but I never disliked Angelo myself. Of course, when he appeared on the show, viewers weren't meant to immediately trust him. Angelo was mysterious, a bit of an enigma. But I always liked him.

Angelo lost more fan support, when Lana came along, and also because of the way he handled the situation with Abby. Angelo is definitely NOT a superman. He is human. The way Angelo blindly felt his way through all of the crises that crossed his path seems believable to me.

But as much as I accepted him and always liked him, this summer I had actually grown to love Angelo. His relationship with Regina was endearing, and Angelo gave far more of himself to Regina, than she was giving to him.
I was unsure of what to make of Angelo in the beginning. Of course, I harbored some ill-will against his decision to up and leave Daphne after 3 years after she would have been bonded to him but at the same time, I get wanting to know the truth when in doubt.

However, it was a tough situation all around and maybe more an issue of maturity at the time, for both Angelo and Regina. Angelo just knew what the DNA test was saying while Regina knew for a fact she had not cheated. Both made mistakes.

Then I think Angelo grew up a bit and realized that perhaps the Dna bond was irrelevant because little Daphne had been his daughter for three years, blood or no blood. And he wanted to be forgiven for just walking out the way he did at the time and he wanted a second chance with her too while getting to know Bay as well.

In the end, to Angelo, he did have 2 real daughters, blood or not. Three when we include Abby. It is bittersweet.

Quote:
Angelo's recent moments with Daphne were priceless. It was as if a great wrong was being corrected in the universe. The switch took so much happiness away from Angelo, Regina, and Daphne, and now, that wrong was being righted.

And like you, I feel it was only a matter of time before Bay was included. So sad that all of that is gone. It died with Angelo.
So much agreed. They were all just starting to make up for lost time.

Quote:
And yes, to bringing Wilke back as a surprise! He reminds me a little of Angelo in his vanity and original hesitancy to learn ASL. Also, both Wilke and Angelo are adorable and playful and sweet. Wilke is perfect for Daphne, in my opinion. He could be there for her and make her believe again.
Lol, I will always be a Daphne|Wilke supporter.

Quote:
Personally, I want to wait another season before Regina and Bay begin to bond, but you are correct that Bay is the only piece of Angelo Regina will have. I cannot wait for the story that will finally bring Regina and Bay together.
Yes, I do think realistically it will take time for Regina and Bay to really get close.

If Angelo's death accomplishes anything, it will be to show how precious life is and how precious time is not to waste. I think it will be an eye opener for everybody.

I think the one thing the episode demonstrated was how similar Regina and Bay were in their reactions and responses to removing Angelo from life support. Whereas, Daphne attempted to be the more practical one given the medical reality of the situation, Regina and Bay both clung to their stubborn determination in not wanting to give up.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.

Last edited by GrhmLz; 07-23-2014 at 10:15 AM
Old 07-23-2014, 10:55 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrhmLz (View Post)
And he wanted to be forgiven for just walking out the way he did at the time and he wanted a second chance with her too while getting to know Bay as well.
I agree with all of your post.

Also, in reference to the part quoted, I think it is important to note:

After Angelo left their home, he DID send cards and packages to Daphne and wanted to see her. Regina admitted to discarding them, because "she'd already forgotten about you. It was just easier."

Angelo ALWAYS maintained he wanted to be a part of Daphne's life.

I'm guessing that since Daphne was not his biological daughter, he probably didn't feel he had a leg to stand on, unless he stayed in a relationship with Regina. And as Regina told Angelo, "If you don't trust me, then just go."

I still remember when Lana visited Angelo during Bay's anti-Valentine's Day party and saw baby pictures of Daphne on the bookshelf:
Lana: "Oh, Daphne!"

Angelo: "Yeah. We were at the state fair. She was obsessed with petting the farm animals. She was a vegetarian before she even knew what it was."

Lana: "When you found out that she wasn't yours that must've been hard for you."

Angelo: "It was."
I can understand how a young man, with a three year old daughter, might be devastated to learn she is not biologically his, especially if the mother continued to deny the possibility.

Could Angelo have made better choices when he found out Daphne's DNA did not match his? Yes, of course.

Do I forgive him for the mistakes he made? Yes. He never intended the harm he caused. He just did not have the foresight needed to make the right decisions.
Old 07-23-2014, 10:26 PM
Addicted Fan

It's kinda heartbreaking honestly. Many opportunities died with Angelo.. What I'm most curious about is.. Why is that even after a summer living with Bay, Regina still hasn't fully let Bay in to her heart? Angelo did but Regina remains distance.