Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-28-2014, 07:50 AM
Elite Fan

#314 "Oh, Future" ~ Episode Discussion

"Oh, Future"

Air Date: June 30, 2014

Synopsis: Emmett gets surprising news at his dad's housewarming. Meanwhile, Travis meets his hero, football star Derrick Coleman; and Regina persuades Daphne to go out for a Latina college scholarship
Old 06-28-2014, 07:53 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerfan714 (View Post)
"Oh, Future"

Air Date: June 30, 2014

Synopsis: Emmett gets surprising news at his dad's housewarming. Meanwhile, Travis meets his hero, football star Derrick Coleman; and Regina persuades Daphne to go out for a Latina college scholarship
Thanks for opening the new thread!

I'm looking forward to seeing Cameron and Debbie again! And Derrick Coleman should be GREAT!
Old 06-28-2014, 09:12 AM
Addicted Fan

Thanks for opening ! Looking forward to this one.
Old 06-28-2014, 12:44 PM
Dedicated Fan

Yay! Travis is back! <3 Can't wait...and thanks for opening the new thread!

Watching: Longmire Season 4...YES!
Old 06-29-2014, 11:07 AM
Elite Fan

You're welcome!

I'm a bit bummed because I probably won't be able to watch live tomorrow. We're checking out apartments and our appointment is for 6, so it's probably unlikely that I'll get back in time. But I'll make sure to watch it either later tomorrow or Tuesday.
Old 06-30-2014, 02:30 PM
Master Fan

For those who want to see the video preview :
Switched at Birth 3x14 Promo "Oh, Future!" - Video Preview - Season 3 Episode 14

Spoiler:

Last edited by Lucresiare; 06-30-2014 at 03:29 PM
Old 06-30-2014, 06:02 PM
Supreme Fan

Cameron ... really? Nice speech - mentioning your "mistakes" and then gesturing toward your ex-wife and firstborn child. Nice.

Like Gabe/Melody - they're cute together. Also liked the Melody/Emmett scenes, and the one at the end with them going over the toys.
ODO & KIRA (DS9)

Old 06-30-2014, 06:06 PM
Addicted Fan

i can't believe cameron surprised emmett that way. he should have talked to him beforehand.

excited that emmett's getting a baby brother though. the last scene with melody was very sweet.
Old 06-30-2014, 06:20 PM
Supreme Fan

It was a great scene - I actually liked that it was just Sean and Marlee talking in ASL as Emmett/Melody. No subtitles, but you could kinda tell what they were saying. The nostalgia of looking through old toys with your mom .
ODO & KIRA (DS9)

Old 06-30-2014, 06:30 PM
Addicted Fan

i also love the bay/melody scene at the end. glad to see that it is now the exact opposite of last time.
Old 06-30-2014, 06:40 PM
Supreme Fan

Liked the Regina/Daphne conversations. That was an interesting dynamic there.
ODO & KIRA (DS9)

Old 06-30-2014, 10:20 PM
Master Fan

It feels like the show is getting back on track... I love the family dynamic more than anything. The Melody/Emmett scene was one the better ones yet.

|| Hook♥Emma || Rafael♥Jane || Ash♥Michael ||
|| Danny♥Lindsay | Dylan♥Kelly | Alex♥Izzie | Lucky♥Sam | Emett♥Bay ||
| Lucas♥Peyton | Pacey♥Joey | Clark♥Chloe | Jeff♥Ginger | Angel♥Cordy | Charlie♥Kirtsen | Neal♥Sara |

Old 06-30-2014, 11:25 PM
Addicted Fan

What a beautiful episode. I loved the Bay/Emmett coupleness even more. She's always been there for him during a crappy Cameron moment. Not cool how he blindsided Emmett not once but twice.
Old 07-01-2014, 08:41 PM
Dedicated Fan

Okay, was it just me or did other people lose the timeline between Cameron's girlfriends? I know Debbie was after Olivia...but man, that guy moves fast! I loved the budding new relationship for Melody and Bay! And I love the idea of a baby brother for Emmett!

Regina pissed me off a little in this episode, though. Like I know Daphne considers herself Latina and so does Regina, but that does not mean she can or should get a scholarship. Now that's an opinion that I know some of you don't share, but hear me out a second. I consider myself Native America...as does my mother. I was raised very opinionated on certain matters because of it and with a lot of cultural knowledge. In fact, I guest lectured for a middle school not that long ago on Native Americans, discrimination, and The Treaty of Dancing Rabbit Creek (which I know a lot about because my grandfather holds land from it). The problem is, my family is no longer officially on the rolls (my grandfather removed the family because he was afraid of discrimination...and lived through it himself). Did I go for a Native American scholarship when I applied for university? No. Do I list it on job applications? No. It wouldn't be appropriate to do so. I feel the same way about Daphne. She can feel Latina in her heart and share the culture with her children, but she should not claim it as a birthright. That's just my humble opinion, though.

I love love loved the John and SL story! He really is a great guy...misguided sometimes, but a great guy!

And Mary Beth and Travis! <3 No words...their scenes were great! I kinda hope they were setting us up for a Travis/his mother reunion...and maybe seeing Mary Beth can inspire her to change her ways!

Watching: Longmire Season 4...YES!
Old 07-02-2014, 02:34 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kassiek (View Post)

Regina pissed me off a little in this episode, though. Like I know Daphne considers herself Latina and so does Regina, but that does not mean she can or should get a scholarship. Now that's an opinion that I know some of you don't share, but hear me out a second. I consider myself Native America...as does my mother. I was raised very opinionated on certain matters because of it and with a lot of cultural knowledge. In fact, I guest lectured for a middle school not that long ago on Native Americans, discrimination, and The Treaty of Dancing Rabbit Creek (which I know a lot about because my grandfather holds land from it). The problem is, my family is no longer officially on the rolls (my grandfather removed the family because he was afraid of discrimination...and lived through it himself). Did I go for a Native American scholarship when I applied for university? No. Do I list it on job applications? No. It wouldn't be appropriate to do so. I feel the same way about Daphne. She can feel Latina in her heart and share the culture with her children, but she should not claim it as a birthright. That's just my humble opinion, though.
I agree with you on a certain extent. Daphne should not apply for the scholarship because she's not discriminated a a Latina. Another reason is that her biological parents can pay and it is their duty. Accepting a scholarship would be taking money away from another girl who really needs it.
However, she is a Latina, because what make you who you are isn't on your skin, it is inside. When you have been raised all your life as a Latina, then you are a Latina by culture and education.
Is Bay a Latina ? I don't think she is. She is a white American by her education.
I was even surprised that J and K didn't offer to pay for university even before Bay mentioned it. It is part of their responsibilities.