Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-20-2014, 08:05 PM
Elite Fan

#313 "Like a Snowball Down a Mountain" ~ Episode Discussion

"Like a Snowball Down a Mountain"

Air Date: June 23, 2014

Synopsis: A shocking discovery is made by Bay and Emmett when they challenge Matthew's threat of blackmail. Elsewhere, Daphne gets a promising opportunity at the clinic, but she's concerned about how it may impact Campbell; and Kathryn's past haunts her.
Old 06-21-2014, 08:40 AM
Addicted Fan

thanks for opening!
Old 06-22-2014, 12:38 PM
Supreme Fan

Wondering if Matthew was sick enough to stay and watch Bay/Emmett and record the whole thing, threatening to show Tank if Bay/Emmett don't march to Matthew's tune. Either that or we'll get some sob story about why Matthew's such a jerk. Sorry but I don't really care about Daphne's issue at the clinic and how it will affect Campbell . Kathryn's "past" ... ?

Could be a good episode ... but I don't see them making Matthew sympathetic anymore.
ODO & KIRA (DS9)

Old 06-22-2014, 01:25 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes&FredFan (View Post)
Wondering if Matthew was sick enough to stay and watch Bay/Emmett and record the whole thing, threatening to show Tank if Bay/Emmett don't march to Matthew's tune. Either that or we'll get some sob story about why Matthew's such a jerk. Sorry but I don't really care about Daphne's issue at the clinic and how it will affect Campbell . Kathryn's "past" ... ?
Kathryn's past...that one's really (or at least I think it is). Remember the story about the swingers session gone wrong from a past episode? If it's not that lady I'll kick myself! Of course, I could be wrong because sometimes this show totally does that...in which case I will very well kick myself!

As for a video of Bay/Emmett...would Matthew even know who Tank is? I can't remember if they've ever met. And couldn't that be denied easily? I think it would be hard for him to prove exactly when it happened. Plus, wouldn't Emmett have known if Matthew stuck around? He was just sitting there for ages.

Hours to go and then we'll know for sure!!! I'm excited, it should be a good episode no matter what!

I'm with you about not caring about Daphne anymore...her storyline has gotten old and is quite frankly pedantic, in my very humble opinion.

Watching: Longmire Season 4...YES!
Old 06-23-2014, 04:35 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kassiek (View Post)
Kathryn's past...that one's really (or at least I think it is). Remember the story about the swingers session gone wrong from a past episode? If it's not that lady I'll kick myself! Of course, I could be wrong because sometimes this show totally does that...in which case I will very well kick myself!
I'm thinking Kathryn's past relates to Sarah Lazar (the other woman from John's past that Kathryn fretted about in Season 1).

The swingers story seemed to wrap up okay within that episode. I still do find it fascinating what Kathryn shared with Renzo and her book publisher at that bar in NYC. She and John were not only swingers back in those days, but Kathryn hooked up with both the other husband and the other wife.

Quote:
As for a video of Bay/Emmett...would Matthew even know who Tank is? I can't remember if they've ever met. And couldn't that be denied easily? I think it would be hard for him to prove exactly when it happened. Plus, wouldn't Emmett have known if Matthew stuck around? He was just sitting there for ages.
I doubt that Matthew has Emmett & Bay making love on video. That's way down on my list of possible secrets that Matthew might be hiding.

Emmett is Deaf, so I suppose he would not hear Matthew hiding in the shadows. It is possible that Matthew saw Bay's The Thing parked next to Emmett's motorcycle, when Matthew was leaving the park, and he doubled back to catch what was happening between Emmett & Bay, but I doubt it.

My guess is that Matthew has either been stalking Bay or stalking Emmett for a long time and has dozens of pictures of one or the other of them. But who knows? That's just a guess.

Maybe someone (perhaps a hearing person?) has been abusing Matthew for a long time, and Emmett & Bay stumble upon evidence of that. It could explain Matthew's passionate desire for the hearing kids to be removed from the school. Although, I can understand why Matthew would not want the hearing kids there, even if no one ever abused him. His whole school is changed now, and that has to be a huge disappointment. But Matthew is crazy to try to frame the hearing kids for his vandalism. Emmett is right about that.

I would love for the writers to find a way to make Matthew sympathetic, but it seems unlikely at this point. Perhaps the writers will keep Matthew as an ongoing villain who the teens must learn to maneuver around in their world. I don't see him having another big story for a while. He would just be a character the teens would try to avoid, until another opportunity arises for Matthew to make more mischief. (And by then, the teens would probably not even go to the same school as Matthew.) I don't see him staying in their lives unless he is redeemed somehow.

Quote:
Hours to go and then we'll know for sure!!! I'm excited, it should be a good episode no matter what!

I'm with you about not caring about Daphne anymore...her storyline has gotten old and is quite frankly pedantic, in my very humble opinion.
I care about Daphne, but I do not care about her relationship with Campbell. I like Campbell in and of himself. I am just not invested in his relationship with Daphne. I would rather see him interact with another character romantically.

I am really interested in Daphne's arc this season. Last summer, she became less of a goody goody and more real to me. I loved her scenes with Angelo last week. And I loved her scene at the pool hall with Bay, Nacho, and Martin.

Daphne is developing more layers and she is becoming more and more real to me, as she does.

I am so excited for tonight's episode. I am especially hyped to see Emmett & Bay as a couple again. I love them so much, and their chemistry is remarkable! It's even better than it was in Season 1. They are absolute magic to me.
Old 06-23-2014, 05:25 PM
Dedicated Fan

Well, I officially have kicked myself as promised! And oh my this episode! Poor Tank, I really do love him!

Old 06-23-2014, 05:32 PM
Elite Fan

I'm pretty sure Amy called that.

But still.
Old 06-23-2014, 05:39 PM
Addicted Fan

that's so crazy.
Old 06-23-2014, 05:45 PM
Dedicated Fan

Okay so Matthew is just a little sympathetic to me now...not much but a little. :/

Old 06-23-2014, 05:51 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Okay so Matthew is just a little sympathetic to me now...not much but a little. :/
probably their intention.
Old 06-23-2014, 05:53 PM
Elite Fan

John can piss me off at times, but he's a really great dad.
Old 06-23-2014, 05:59 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerfan714 (View Post)
John can piss me off at times, but he's a really great dad.
Yup! I agree completely!

Old 06-23-2014, 06:12 PM
Addicted Fan

Matthew being gay, I had thought about that but then I wondered if that's true, why go so brutal on Emmett.. However he only would if Emmett somehow hurt him. Which he did by saying he hates Matthew to "Mandy". Matthew being in love with Emmett, Well that had to throw Emmett for a loop.. I bet Matthew is so jealous of Bay for having the boy he wants.

I loved Bay/Emmett interaction, them working together is always a plus..

Breaking up with someone is never an easy thing to do, Bank or Daphne/Campbell.

Ouch on John blowing Bay's big secret to Tank. He didn't deserve that.

Bay finding out that Tank knows about the cheating was hard, he couldn't of looked more hurt.

I enjoyed the Bay/John chat, how she explained that she does care about Tank but she loves Emmett, very sweet. Loved how John told her that she's not a bad person, just made a bad choice.
Old 06-23-2014, 06:23 PM
Elite Fan

I liked the chat between John and Bay a lot. Especially since John has made mistakes (and the show is still hinting at something happening with Sarah and him), but knows it doesn't make you a bad person.

Regina learning how to shoot a gun is only going to turn out badly. Sigh.

I still wonder what will come out of Sarah/Kathryn/John. Right now they are leaving it so ambiguous but it appears we'll find out next week.

Tank finding out the way he did was not the best way to find out. Not that there ever is a good way, but a bad way is definitely through your ex's father.

Daphne and Campbell.... what can I say? She has the worst relationship luck.

Matthew/Emmett/Bay - It's a sticky situation considering how gay youth are bullied and even if they aren't bullied, the fear of being bullied and judged is there and big and huge. Plus Natalie was right in that she's one of the lucky ones whose parents are cool with it. A lot of parents aren't and can become violent or just turn their backs on their children. It's not just the threat of violence; however, Matthew did this awful thing to Emmett. But on the other hand, Bay and Emmett have done stuff they are not proud of and had they turned him in, it could have made Matthew even more vindictive.

I think the way Emmett and Bay handled it was very mature.
Old 06-23-2014, 06:37 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Regina learning how to shoot a gun is only going to turn out badly. Sigh.
seriously. this has disaster written all over it.

Quote:
I think the way Emmett and Bay handled it was very mature.
it was. i love how they handled the entire situation in the end.

daphne's love life... same thing different episode.