Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-28-2014, 08:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingster (View Post)
Way to sacrifice Bay's character for fan service.
Jeez
and Iceland?

Kathryn's plot all season was ridiculous and out of left field
plus the show tried to make John the bad guy which made no sense.
Yup. Although, I can not say it was necessarily fan service, I just think it was bad writing for Bay.

Probably one of the few emmett and bay fans not rejoicing over this. They turned Bay into a cheater, not cool, and the show just successfully managaged to kill my enthuisiasm for this couple. I like Tank, he did not deserve this, I do not care how 'meant to be' Bay and Emmett are. I am so sick of the downplaying of cheating on TV shows these days like it's just some random mistake everybody makes. Don't care for any justifications for this, the writing can spare me, I will not buy it anyway.

Toby should have tried Peru if that was what he wanted to do, sounds like he let Kathryn talk him out of it. Hey, if he went and it did not work out, at least he would have known he tried and gave it a shot for Nikki and the marriage. No regrets.

Kathryn and her book story was lame. Could not get into it at all.

I kind of just watch to watch now - I am no longer feeling the same investment. But just decided to share my input this once for the finale. Liked daphne and cambell, still like Regina, but alot of what is going on is so ... Blah for me.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 03-28-2014, 08:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

This is what I do not get with some are saying they are justifying cheating or maybe it just me considering I watch it all the time on other shows where I just do not care anymore.... But I do not think they are downplaying cheating.. We have no idea what is going to happen in regards to this... It may or may not bring Bay and Emmett together as we think it is .. To me I think they did this for one thing and one thing only.. To put Bay in the position that Emmett was in when he cheated.

For the past two years we have seen Bay torned up about being cheated on and how that made her feel.. and now that she has done it.. I do not think it changed her character I think she is now in the position where she has made a choice that has hurt someone that shecared about. I honestly believe they did this so in the end it will come full circle when it comes to bay about this whole situation. At least that is what I think it is going to happen.

and obviously Bay is going to have ramfications for this so I don't think they are destorying her just to destroying her I think that Bay is going to endure some major ramifications from this so she can start making better choices.
Old 03-28-2014, 08:54 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
and obviously Bay is going to have ramfications for this so I don't think they are destorying her just to destroying her I think that Bay is going to endure some major ramifications from this so she can start making better choices.
exactly. they've done this for a reason. i don't think they're downplaying cheating either.
Old 03-28-2014, 09:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneH (View Post)
exactly. they've done this for a reason. i don't think they're downplaying cheating either.
I mean unfortunately the cheating aspects tends to be happeing more and more teen type shows and SAB just now got part of that... I mean its not fun to watch but usually if the major character has some major reflection of it than it usually turns out fine in the end.
Old 03-28-2014, 09:36 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥Twilighter Tee♥ (View Post)
This is what I do not get with some are saying they are justifying cheating or maybe it just me considering I watch it all the time on other shows where I just do not care anymore.... But I do not think they are downplaying cheating.. We have no idea what is going to happen in regards to this... It may or may not bring Bay and Emmett together as we think it is .. To me I think they did this for one thing and one thing only.. To put Bay in the position that Emmett was in when he cheated.

For the past two years we have seen Bay torned up about being cheated on and how that made her feel.. and now that she has done it.. I do not think it changed her character I think she is now in the position where she has made a choice that has hurt someone that shecared about. I honestly believe they did this so in the end it will come full circle when it comes to bay about this whole situation. At least that is what I think it is going to happen.

I agree with this assessment.

I have a difficult time with some of the condemnation I read on facebook. It bothers me. Who am I to condemn another's behavior? I have no desire. We all make mistakes.

I am a Bemmett shipper, and I like the way things are unfolding. I am interested in Bay's journey. Nothing is tainted for me (as if anything could ever taint love).
Old 04-01-2014, 10:29 AM
Elite Fan

I thought I would chime in and say I don’t feel like they’re destroying Bay or downplaying cheating either. It’s not my favorite plot, but it happens, on shows and in real life. And I think what we have seen from what happened with Emmett and Simone is that this isn’t something that the characters are flippant about. We saw it more from Emmett’s POV because he is a regular, but there were moments in 1C when we saw the fallout from Simone’s perspective and how she saw herself.

Using that as a guidepost, and given Bay’s strong feelings about cheating and being betrayed, I think we’re going to see remorse from Bay and guilt. I don’t think she’ll regret her decision to tell Emmett she still loves him, but that she didn’t mean to hurt Tank.

I agree cheating isn’t a mistake everyone makes, but is a mistake a lot of people make. Bay is human and flawed like everyone else and if nothing else, this will add to her journey.

I’m also going to add this: I think the issue for me is that Tank has always felt more caricature than character, if that makes sense. I don’t think he deserved what happened, but I can’t connect with him on a deeper level to ache and hurt for him like I did for Bay and Emmett, because I feel the writing was always on the wall. And maybe that makes me biased or a bad fan, but I can’t help it.

The majority of Bay’s relationships post-Emmett (I’m excluding Alex because we did see her end that relationship) such as the ones with Noah and Ty weren’t really ended due to her own wishes or desires. Noah ended up having feelings for Daphne and Ty pretty much took the choice away from Bay by lying. Enter Tank. He’s the “nice guy” who would never hurt her or cheat and I think she wanted that security and to feel safe. But there was something missing. She clearly likes him and cares about him otherwise why even be friends with him? But Bay isn’t attracted to him, and I think we’ve seen her struggling with that, with why she’s not. Is it okay to not want to sleep with him? Why is she so bothered by his frat?

I believe Bay has known that Tank isn’t who she lusts for or longs for since the beginning. She tried this relationship and it didn’t work. Tank was meant to be the guy who was more into her than she was into him and the guy who would inevitably lead her back to Emmett. The fact that it happened when Bay wasn’t single makes the situation more complicated and messy, but also layered and nuanced. Because there are a lot of times when life isn’t simple and this is one of them.

Of course it sucks as a Bay and Bay/Emmett fan to see the reaction and the backlash, but I don’t think anyone is taking this lightly. Not the writers, the fans, or the characters, and I do think this will be telegraphed in the 3B premiere.
Old 04-01-2014, 02:06 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerfan714 (View Post)
I thought I would chime in and say I don’t feel like they’re destroying Bay or downplaying cheating either. It’s not my favorite plot, but it happens, on shows and in real life. And I think what we have seen from what happened with Emmett and Simone is that this isn’t something that the characters are flippant about. We saw it more from Emmett’s POV because he is a regular, but there were moments in 1C when we saw the fallout from Simone’s perspective and how she saw herself.

Using that as a guidepost, and given Bay’s strong feelings about cheating and being betrayed, I think we’re going to see remorse from Bay and guilt. I don’t think she’ll regret her decision to tell Emmett she still loves him, but that she didn’t mean to hurt Tank.

I agree cheating isn’t a mistake everyone makes, but is a mistake a lot of people make. Bay is human and flawed like everyone else and if nothing else, this will add to her journey.

I’m also going to add this: I think the issue for me is that Tank has always felt more caricature than character, if that makes sense. I don’t think he deserved what happened, but I can’t connect with him on a deeper level to ache and hurt for him like I did for Bay and Emmett, because I feel the writing was always on the wall. And maybe that makes me biased or a bad fan, but I can’t help it.

The majority of Bay’s relationships post-Emmett (I’m excluding Alex because we did see her end that relationship) such as the ones with Noah and Ty weren’t really ended due to her own wishes or desires. Noah ended up having feelings for Daphne and Ty pretty much took the choice away from Bay by lying. Enter Tank. He’s the “nice guy” who would never hurt her or cheat and I think she wanted that security and to feel safe. But there was something missing. She clearly likes him and cares about him otherwise why even be friends with him? But Bay isn’t attracted to him, and I think we’ve seen her struggling with that, with why she’s not. Is it okay to not want to sleep with him? Why is she so bothered by his frat?

I believe Bay has known that Tank isn’t who she lusts for or longs for since the beginning. She tried this relationship and it didn’t work. Tank was meant to be the guy who was more into her than she was into him and the guy who would inevitably lead her back to Emmett. The fact that it happened when Bay wasn’t single makes the situation more complicated and messy, but also layered and nuanced. Because there are a lot of times when life isn’t simple and this is one of them.

Of course it sucks as a Bay and Bay/Emmett fan to see the reaction and the backlash, but I don’t think anyone is taking this lightly. Not the writers, the fans, or the characters, and I do think this will be telegraphed in the 3B premiere.
My thoughts exactly.

I don't feel bad for Tank because I'm not invested in him as a character. He has had "nice guy jock with a heart of gold" stamped on his forehead from Day 1. He was never meant to be anything other than the "nice guy" who is good for Bay on paper, but not the one she truly loves or wants.

He and Bay really should have stayed friends. The show was transitioning nicely to creating a life for Daphne, Emmett, Travis, and Bay after high school with Tank and Mary Beth as friends already in college, but I don't see what purpose Tank serves now. He isn't so nice of a guy that he can go back to seeing Bay as just a friend. He's human.

Bay, on the other hand, is a true dynamic and complex character. She is a real person, who is essentially a good and moral person, but makes mistakes like anyone else. She will of course, and should, feel bad about hurting Tank's feelings, but she shouldn't regret being with the one who she truly loves.

Bay and Emmett's reunion has been a long time coming. I've watched both these characters from the beginning and seen them grow and mature, their ups and downs. I've seen them screw up majorly and be extraordinary good people. I've been on this journey with them and that is why my sympathy is reserved for them. Not Tank. I'm not going to feel bad for that. It's TV, not real life, so it isn't some moral judgment of me that I'm not shedding any tears for Tank.
Old 04-01-2014, 03:24 PM
Addicted Fan

i totally agree with you both!
Old 10-14-2016, 12:02 AM
Fan Forum Star

I thought this was a pretty good episode I was really into the Daphne plot, i found it interesting her attacker came to the clinic and then she actually helped him at the end, that was crazy. i hope she can confront him. And I am starting to prefer her with Gorge too because Campbell is just a bit boring.

I feel like Toby should have gone to Peru and tried to make things work. He could have been absent for one episode, or maybe called over the phone to give us a scene with him but it would have been nice to see him try so that when the relationship really ended it would have felt more final.

I dont love Tank so I didnt feel that bad for him that Bay cheated, but it does suck when she gave Emmett so much crap, and the lack of build up for that moment was a bit disappointing. I dont Love them like I used to but they have chemistry and it was a nice scene. Curious to see what comes of it.
Old 10-14-2016, 12:17 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
I thought this was a pretty good episode I was really into the Daphne plot, i found it interesting her attacker came to the clinic and then she actually helped him at the end, that was crazy. i hope she can confront him. And I am starting to prefer her with Gorge too because Campbell is just a bit boring.

I feel like Toby should have gone to Peru and tried to make things work. He could have been absent for one episode, or maybe called over the phone to give us a scene with him but it would have been nice to see him try so that when the relationship really ended it would have felt more final.

I dont love Tank so I didnt feel that bad for him that Bay cheated, but it does suck when she gave Emmett so much crap, and the lack of build up for that moment was a bit disappointing. I dont Love them like I used to but they have chemistry and it was a nice scene. Curious to see what comes of it.
Bay & Emmett really do have chemistry. I will never understand why we did not see more of them together during the lifetime of this show. Criminal, if you ask me, because together they sparkle like colorful fireworks.

Bay & Emmett are absolute magic. For the writers to have that, and not allow it to be seen by the audience, feels like insanity.
Old 10-14-2016, 09:41 AM
Fan Forum Star

i mean i personally dont care either way, but they seem to have a lot of fans so it seems odd they have seemed to neglect them sometimes. but as of now it feels like they are just trying to stall them from being together but well see how i feel in another season.
Old 10-14-2016, 03:18 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
i mean i personally dont care either way, but they seem to have a lot of fans so it seems odd they have seemed to neglect them sometimes. but as of now it feels like they are just trying to stall them from being together but well see how i feel in another season.
From my perspective, everything that occurs, after Bay & Emmett make love, does nothing to advance their story. I suppose Bay & Emmett were a couple again, at least, in theory. But in reality, I never felt like their story was being told, after the moment they first make love.

Bay still had a story and a point of view, but to me, Emmett didn't have either. He existed like an unneeded appendage.

You might feel differently. I will be interested to see what you think.

And if you love Switched at Birth without Emmett's character, then it might not even matter to you that he becomes nothing more than an extra, after Season 1B.

To me, Emmett's character and his interactions with Bay are the heart and soul of Switched at Birth. Without Emmett, the show is empty and hollow, for me.
Old 10-16-2016, 06:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollibear (View Post)
From my perspective, everything that occurs, after Bay & Emmett make love, does nothing to advance their story. I suppose Bay & Emmett were a couple again, at least, in theory. But in reality, I never felt like their story was being told, after the moment they first make love.

Bay still had a story and a point of view, but to me, Emmett didn't have either. He existed like an unneeded appendage.

You might feel differently. I will be interested to see what you think.

And if you love Switched at Birth without Emmett's character, then it might not even matter to you that he becomes nothing more than an extra, after Season 1B.

To me, Emmett's character and his interactions with Bay are the heart and soul of Switched at Birth. Without Emmett, the show is empty and hollow, for me.
I agreeed
Old 10-19-2016, 12:32 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~AnastasiaGrey~ (View Post)
I agreeed
I want a way to go back to this episode and rewrite Season 3-B and Season 4. Overall, I don't like the story we received. I want more "Oh, Future!" and less, "It Isn't What You Think."

Why did Tank need to stick around? Truthfully, why did he need to appear in the first place. Yuck to that whole story.

I loved watching Cameron & Debbie and Melody & Gabe in "Oh, Future!" Why couldn't we have more of the deaf story? I didn't need to see some fraternity bro brought onto the show to pal around with Bay and Toby.

I like watching the Bledsoes. I like seeing things at Carlton. I would rather explore Emmett becoming a big brother, than Tank's fall-out with his dad.

The deaf story was and is so much more interesting than the stupid college stuff with Tank.
Old 10-21-2016, 08:22 PM
Fan Forum Star

Tanks for so pointless