Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-08-2014, 09:38 AM
Elite Fan

#309 "The Past (Forgotten-Swallowed" ~ Episode Discussion

"The Past (Forgotten-Swallowed"

Air Date: March 10, 2014

Synopsis: Daphne assists Angelo with a fund-raiser at the clinic. Meanwhile, Bay can't ignore Mary Beth's feelings for Tank; Sharee is tutored by Toby; and John and Katherine entertain John's old baseball buddy.
Old 03-08-2014, 09:56 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerfan714 (View Post)
"The Past (Forgotten-Swallowed"

Air Date: March 10, 2014

Synopsis: Daphne assists Angelo with a fund-raiser at the clinic. Meanwhile, Bay can't ignore Mary Beth's feelings for Tank; Sharee is tutored by Toby; and John and Katherine entertain John's old baseball buddy.
Hmm...isn't it interesting that the episode description says Mary Beth's feelings "for" Tank? I would have thought it would say Mary Beth's feelings "about" Tank.

But these episode descriptions are not known for their incredible accuracy.

I doubt the wording means that Mary Beth has romantic feelings for Tank. She seems loyal to Travis.

If my best friend continued dating a guy whose fraternity had done that to me, I would have hurt feelings, too. I can understand Mary Beth's perspective.

What does everyone think might be going on with Daphne and Angelo?

In the promo, she was angry at him. Do you think it is about money? Or about something more personal?
Old 03-08-2014, 10:06 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollibear (View Post)
Hmm...isn't it interesting that the episode description says Mary Beth's feelings "for" Tank? I would have thought it would say Mary Beth's feelings "about" Tank.

But these episode descriptions are not known for their incredible accuracy.

I doubt the wording means that Mary Beth has romantic feelings for Tank. She seems loyal to Travis.

If my best friend continued dating a guy whose fraternity had done that to me, I would have hurt feelings, too. I can understand Mary Beth's perspective.

What does everyone think might be going on with Daphne and Angelo?

In the promo, she was angry at him. Do you think it is about money? Or about something more personal?
I was thinking that. I think it's about Tank and being hurt that Bay is still with him. I understand that perspective, too, but on the other hand, everyone was saying Bay shouldn't let Tank's one mistake, his fraternity, be enough to walk away.

So I don't know what Bay should have done in that situation. If she walks away, it sends one message. If she doesn't, it sends another. One being that she gives up too easily on people and the other that she's a disloyal friend. I find that an interesting conundrum since I don't think Bay is a disloyal friend. She definitely had Mary Beth's back in that situation and made it clear to Tank how disgusted she was. She's not condoning their behavior at all.

But I do understand Mary Beth feeling hurt. It makes much more sense that the Ty lie comes out of a fight that Mary Beth and Bay are having. MB saying something to the effect of "How can you still be dating Tank?" and Bay saying like "Oh, who should I be with? Ty? He cheated on me," and then Mary Beth revealing that Ty didn't cheat.

No idea about Daphne and Angelo.
Old 03-08-2014, 10:37 AM
Addicted Fan

thanks for opening.

i'm looking forward to the ty lie finally coming out. i'm curious to see how bay is going to handle it.
Old 03-08-2014, 10:55 AM
Part-Time Fan

I can understand Mary Beth being hurt, but I don't think she has a right to call Bay out (and I hope this isn't what happens) on being a bad friend to her for not dumping Tank for what his fraternity did to her.

Mary Beth hasn't exactly been the best friend to Bay by continuing to let her believe that Ty cheated on her when Mary Beth knows that isn't true. Mary Beth can't expect that kind of loyalty from Bay when she herself has been more loyal to Ty than Bay.

Is Mary Beth going to end her friendship with Ty over his lies and hurting Bay? I don't think she should, but that is the equal action if she expects Bay to drop Tank for the frat party.

I guess we'll see what happens.
Old 03-08-2014, 11:12 AM
Addicted Fan

yes i think it's going to cause some tension between mary beth and bay.
Old 03-08-2014, 02:10 PM
Elite Fan

It'll definitely cause issues about friendship and loyalty.
Old 03-10-2014, 05:17 PM
Elite Fan

Lol. Yoga = not scandalous.
Old 03-10-2014, 05:22 PM
Addicted Fan

oh hell no at "he was trying to protect you"

they better not treat it like it was a good thing what he did.
Old 03-10-2014, 05:24 PM
Part-Time Fan

Well, there's the reason why Bay is with Tank.

He's a nice guy who won't cheat. Not that she likes him or has feelings for him.

Interesting.
Old 03-10-2014, 05:27 PM
Elite Fan

Damn.

Well at least it's Ty v Tank and not v Emmett.

But still. Ouch.
Old 03-10-2014, 05:31 PM
Loyal Fan

I'm a bit underwhelmed so far with the whole reveal but I think that's because I was enraged that they went that way with B/T in the first place.

No matter how the wind howls, the mountain cannot bow to it -The Emperor from Mulan
Old 03-10-2014, 05:32 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerfan714 (View Post)
Damn.

Well at least it's Ty v Tank and not v Emmett.

But still. Ouch.
She's about to go to Emmett for advice, and it's really not fair to him. She's just going to push him further into Mandy's arms, and that's not what she wants to do.

Why?

I'm sure Emmett will be selfless and sweet, and it will break my heart for him.

Maybe it won't be as bad as I fear. I know Emmett wants to be there for Bay. I just don't want it to be unfair to him.
Old 03-10-2014, 05:33 PM
Part-Time Fan

And . . . cue Bay running to Emmett.

Bay doesn't make mention of this little bombshell to her new boyfriend?

Tank who?
Old 03-10-2014, 06:01 PM
Addicted Fan

that toby/nikki scene... i just cannot see this marriage lasting.

or i feel like it wouldn't seem organic if it did. idk.