Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-10-2014, 07:48 PM
Addicted Fan

it was a good episode.

i'm always glad when there's no angelo.

toby/nikki already not communicating properly. and how awkward that his dad and mother-in-law kissed. i wonder what they'll do with nikki. cassi thomson isn't a regular she could potentially join a new show anytime.

it would have been a great opportunity for a good bro scene with travis/toby moving his stuff in. but alas, not to be.

bay/tank. he's a good guy and i'm sure he will be a great boyfriend to her. he's most likely exactly what she needs post-ty. but ultimately she'll probably end it.
Old 02-10-2014, 07:52 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
i'm always glad when there's no angelo.
I don't know why this made me Angelo's always one of those not sure about characters.

Quote:
it would have been a great opportunity for a good bro scene with travis/toby moving his stuff in. but alas, not to be.
OR Emmett.

Quote:
bay/tank. he's a good guy and i'm sure he will be a great boyfriend to her. he's most likely exactly what she needs post-ty. but ultimately she'll probably end it.
That's true.
Old 02-10-2014, 07:55 PM
Addicted Fan

or all three! another missed opportunity.
Old 02-10-2014, 08:23 PM
Master Fan

Kathryn never kissed that young lawyer. She purposefully pulled away before he could reach her lips.

But now, we DO know that Kathryn and John did some swinging back in the day. I imagine it was before Toby or Bay were born. But Kathryn made it sound as though she was willing to have sex with that gentleman baseball player, and John was willing to have sex with that other baseball wife.

Now, I wonder which baseball player was on steroids? I am guessing that it was the other player, but I do not know. If it WAS the other player, then that means Kathryn went into the other hotel room to have sex with John and the other woman. Then, of course, Kathryn and the other woman threw John out.

Or perhaps the other woman came in on Kathryn and the other baseball player, and John was the one on steroids.

I must say that I never got that impression of their marriage, but it probably is realistic. It would probably be especially realistic for couples in the world of sports or entertainment.

I bet neither Bay nor Toby would ever guess something like this about J & K. It's interesting how parents sometimes teach their children values different from the ones they practice. Bay has had very strong moral values, at least, up until this point in her life.
Old 02-10-2014, 09:06 PM
Supreme Fan

Oh ... okay. Forgot a lot of the details about that whole storyline. And the lawsuit was boring.

I thought it was a story that Kathryn heard via girl talk with the other players' wives and that she kept it close to the vest as a Royals wife. All she said was that nobody ever talked about it, except she was now. Weird to think of her and John swinging.

Of course the whole Bay/Tank story will get dropped. And then Tank will be abandoned as a character. Storylines are started and then abandoned ... unfortunately.
ODO & KIRA (DS9)

Old 02-10-2014, 09:11 PM
Addicted Fan

i didn't take the story as being about john/kathryn either.

tank will probably be gone by 3b along with campbell and jorge.
Old 02-10-2014, 09:17 PM
Loyal Fan

Pretty decent episode actually.

The Baseball wives story line actually surprised me. I wonder if John was the 'roid user or if it was the other dude (I'll need to re-watch the episode when it airs again later). Awkward kiss was awkward though.

Looks like the bottle smashed right where Bay's fingers meet her palm. That's not the best place to take a deep cut...

Tank's such a sweetheart and Sharee's background was different than I expected. I really like all the minor characters this season but I'm afraid that they'll be dropped when the season ends.

No matter how the wind howls, the mountain cannot bow to it -The Emperor from Mulan
Old 02-10-2014, 09:21 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes&FredFan (View Post)
Oh ... okay. Forgot a lot of the details about that whole storyline. And the lawsuit was boring.
Agree with that assessment. I feel as though it could have been interesting, but it never really was because of the way they did it.

Quote:
I thought it was a story that Kathryn heard via girl talk with the other players' wives and that she kept it close to the vest as a Royals wife. All she said was that nobody ever talked about it, except she was now. Weird to think of her and John swinging.
The exact quote is "Both couples, still married, no one speaks of it, until now, ME. I'm speaking of it. Bad me."

I suppose they could spin it any way that want to on down the road, but I do not know how Kathryn would have had all of that intimate information about what the two couples ate for dinner, how much they drank that evening, and even how the two husbands slept "toe-to-head," if no one speaks of it.

Plus, this goes along with some things Kathryn has shared with Regina in the past. Kathryn had some wild days before becoming a mother.

I am pretty sure Kathryn and John did some swinging back in the day.

Quote:
Of course the whole Bay/Tank story will get dropped. And then Tank will be abandoned as a character. Storylines are started and then abandoned ... unfortunately.
Probably true.

But they just may salvage a friendship between Bay and Tank, especially if he is able to find another girlfriend after dating Bay for a while.

Or, there is this part of me, that believes the writers just may decide to have Tank become Bay's one true love and the person she is meant to spend forever with.

If so, I guess they would allow Emmett to slip into the role of friend. For the first time ever, I could be okay with that.

The writers don't treat the character of Emmett very well on this show. Perhaps, as Bay's friend, his character would at least not be dragged through mud. Maybe he could live a sort of static life, similar to Adrianna. That beats getting dumped on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes&FredFan (View Post)
Daphne and Bay cracked me up tonight. They're totally acting like sisters. Liked how Bay said to Daphne (regarding not letting Tank down yet), "Oh please. You didn't tell Emmett for eight years." At least they can joke about it.
The weird thing about that line is that I always thought Daphne was extremely clear with Emmett that they were JUST friends for the full 8 years. For a few days, Daphne neglected to tell Emmett was that she was starting to have romantic feelings for him, but that is the only secret she kept from Emmett.

I think Bay misinterprets what occurred between Emmett and Daphne all those years ago. Because Daphne was pretty clear with Emmett.

Last edited by ollibear; 02-10-2014 at 10:26 PM
Old 02-10-2014, 10:39 PM
Elite Fan

I actually thought the opposite. I think the episode that makes me think that is the fundraiser one where Emmett is moping over her from afar and it seems quite obvious to Bay that Emmett is crushing on Daphne.

I guess it could be argued that Daphne thought she had been clear, but then it's brought up again when Wilke tells her she's a liar and lying to herself about Emmett's feelings (even though I'll still never buy into Emmett and Daphne's feelings for each other.)

But you could be right in that Bay misinterpreted what happened between them. I think a lot of people did. Wilke included.

Damn. It was quite a missed opportunity for a Wilke/Bay friendship wasn't it? They both picked up on things about Daphne/Emmett in those early days.
Old 02-10-2014, 10:51 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerfan714 (View Post)
I actually thought the opposite. I think the episode that makes me think that is the fundraiser one where Emmett is moping over her from afar and it seems quite obvious to Bay that Emmett is crushing on Daphne.

I guess it could be argued that Daphne thought she had been clear, but then it's brought up again when Wilke tells her she's a liar and lying to herself about Emmett's feelings (even though I'll still never buy into Emmett and Daphne's feelings for each other.)

But you could be right in that Bay misinterpreted what happened between them. I think a lot of people did. Wilke included.

Damn. It was quite a missed opportunity for a Wilke/Bay friendship wasn't it? They both picked up on things about Daphne/Emmett in those early days.
Yes, that was what I was saying. Daphne thought she had been clear with Emmett. In fact, I can count a fair number of times where Daphne told people "just friends" in FRONT of Emmett. I actually learned the sign for "friends" from Daphne doing that.

Yes, Emmett was mooning over Daphne, but like Bay, Daphne was clueless.

I really do believe Daphne had no idea. Daphne was shocked when Wilke spelled it out for her under that freeway overpass. I am quite sure Daphne thought she and Emmett had a clear understanding. I don't think Daphne was running around enjoying Emmett mooning over her for all those years. I don't even think she saw it. Or perhaps, like Wilke said, Daphne was just lying to herself.

Either way, Daphne was not aware there was a bandaid to rip off, like Bay was aware, after Daphne talked to her, tonight. And when Daphne figured it out, she decided that she had feelings for Emmett, too.
Old 02-10-2014, 11:00 PM
Elite Fan

Oh no. I wasn't trying to imply Daphne was either. It was an interesting parallel actually since Bay seemed really uncomfortable by the prospect of it. Her easy uncomplicated friendship with someone who has been a good friend being changed and complicated by feelings. And before Daphne realized her own feelings I don't think she wanted to believe the same of Emmett.

I hope you weren't offended by anything I wrote! and you probably weren't. I think I offend people 99.9% of the time. Anyway, obviously both girls didn't expect their guy friends to develop feelings, but they did and each did something about it. Although it seems Bay's feelings, like Daphne's, are changing and she might be considering Tank as more than a friend.
Old 02-10-2014, 11:09 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerfan714 (View Post)
Oh no. I wasn't trying to imply Daphne was either. It was an interesting parallel actually since Bay seemed really uncomfortable by the prospect of it. Her easy uncomplicated friendship with someone who has been a good friend being changed and complicated by feelings. And before Daphne realized her own feelings I don't think she wanted to believe the same of Emmett.

I hope you weren't offended by anything I wrote! and you probably weren't. I think I offend people 99.9% of the time. Anyway, obviously both girls didn't expect their guy friends to develop feelings, but they did and each did something about it. Although it seems Bay's feelings, like Daphne's, are changing and she might be considering Tank as more than a friend.
Of course you didn't offend me! You were helping me out. I appreciate it.

I wonder where Tank and Bay will go. I could see them becoming friends like Daphne and Emmett (after a little romantic interlude). Or I could see them becoming a couple and lasting for the long haul.

It will be interesting to find out.

I imagine Emmett will feel good that Bay has moved on. I think he will be happy for her. For some reason, I think Emmett will like Tank and see him as a good guy and a good fit for Bay.

I don't even have the impression that Emmett will be jealous this time.
Old 02-11-2014, 03:36 PM
Supreme Fan

Unfortunately, if Bay/Tank break up, it's pretty much a given that we won't see him again ... or see him much. It would be great if Bay/Tank were given a real chance. I can't say I ship them romantically yet (it's the cynic in me that doubts they will get a decent shot), but it would be nice.

I'm reluctant to ship anybody romantically at this point.
ODO & KIRA (DS9)

Old 02-12-2014, 01:41 PM
Elite Fan

I'd really like them to give Tank/Bay a chance. He's the first non-Emmett guy I've liked with her. Sure, I liked Ty too but they've already had two chances!

icon
Old 02-12-2014, 08:29 PM
Supreme Fan

On this show, a real chance for them might be 3 whole episodes where they're a couple. I'd like to see that. I like Tank - he makes a nice addition to the canvas.
ODO & KIRA (DS9)