Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-20-2014, 06:25 PM
Elite Fan

And field hockey is not going well for Bay.

That's like me and volleyball. Or fencing. Or really any sport.
Old 01-20-2014, 06:34 PM
Loyal Fan

I am loving Campbell and Renzo. Campbell is super cool.

HA- I'm good a sports (badminton and track aside). Wish I had more time to do them. Snowboarding, surfing, baseball and hockey in particular.

No matter how the wind howls, the mountain cannot bow to it -The Emperor from Mulan
Old 01-20-2014, 06:40 PM
Elite Fan

Doesn't look like John is happy with Kathryn's new life.
Old 01-20-2014, 06:45 PM
Loyal Fan

Of course he's not.

He is not coming off very well in this episode at all.

I cannot express how much I liked the conversation between Campbell and Daphne. And Regina and Daphne for that matter as well.

No matter how the wind howls, the mountain cannot bow to it -The Emperor from Mulan
Old 01-20-2014, 06:53 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah.

I thought they would do that between them, the dichotomy between two people with disabilities and how they view it.

It makes sense that Daphne is happy being Deaf since there's a whole culture, but for Campbell, there's not really a community/culture to being in a wheelchair. And since he can remember what it was like to walk and Daphne can't remember hearing, it also makes sense that Campbell would want to be able to walk again, while Daphne wouldn't want to hear.

Very interesting dynamic.

Who do we think is slashing the tires?
Old 01-20-2014, 07:01 PM
Master Fan

Nathalia Ramos is Campbell's girlfriend, after all. Someone predicted that, I think. I liked the ending. It was VERY interesting! What do you all think about Matthew?
Old 01-20-2014, 07:02 PM
Loyal Fan

I liked this episode a lot.

There was good character development tonight (well not including John, but I've given up hope for him ever changing).

Well I'm glad that they didn't go stereotypical and have some new 'trouble' kid slashing the tires.

The preview has left me very intrigued too.

Old 01-20-2014, 07:03 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollibear (View Post)
Nathalia Ramos is Campbell's girlfriend, after all. Someone predicted that, I think. I liked the ending. It was VERY interesting! What do you all think about Matthew?
I thought it was going to end up being one of the Deaf kids. It wouldn't seem as shocking if it was a new hearing kid.

I liked the ending though.
Old 01-20-2014, 07:03 PM
Addicted Fan

lol emmett discovering something people want to keep hidden? lol typical.

they always put him in these positions.
Old 01-20-2014, 09:38 PM
Addicted Fan

I was happy to see more of Emmett.. The ending was interesting..
Old 01-20-2014, 09:44 PM
Addicted Fan

i'm so over daphne's love life. i don't even try to get invested in that anymore.

john and kathryn's marriage is definitely strained right right now. i wonder how far the show will go with that.

and i love episodes without angelo.
Old 01-21-2014, 12:07 PM
Supreme Fan

I find it ridiculous that John would dare judge Kathryn's new friend. Renzo's a great friend and he makes Kathryn happy, helps her get out and enjoy life instead of being cooped up/doing the same boring things, seeing the same boring people. So what if she bailed on a stupid party, John? Should she have lied? Perhaps not - but we all know John would've whined all night or given her an emotional ultimatum. Never mind how often Kathryn had to hang out with the wives of John's friends or the wives of the other baseball players. Renzo is great for Kathryn, IMO.

I totally friendship Bay/Tank and Daphne/Campbell. I'm relieved that Campbell is actually NOT romantically interested in Daphne, but just a nice guy. Not every guy on the show needs to have/have had feelings for Daphne. @ Daphne's reaction to his girlfriend. Tank is a great guy and I'm thrilled that Bay has a guy friend right now who helped her maneuver the rocky shores of a Frat party without doing something she'd regret. I like their chemistry and that they get along in art class. Laid back friendship without drama. Interestingly enough, it seems like Bay/Tank, Daphne/Cambell, and Kathryn/Renzo are great examples of m/f friendships that can be great assets to the female characters without throwing in the cliche romantic angle. Of course, now that Campbell's spoken for that means that Daphne must chase after him , but I don't feel he led her on ... just that he was being a nice guy looking out for her. And, even though he indicated to the skater that he was trying to impress the girl, he said whatever it took to get the guy into the clinic to treat his diabetes.

I want to see more of those 3 friendships ... and let me just say, I love Renzo! I'd hang out with him over going to some boring political party any night!

Not sure about Sheree (sp?) and Daphne ... I liked that we saw Sheree impressed with Daphne's basketball ability. I don't really get why Daphne was surprised that Sheree was athletic and really good when she knows nothing about her.

The whole "mystery" of the slashed tires ... eh. Clearly, they're trying to make it seem like the deaf kids are being targeted in order for the "hearies" to get kicked out. That seems to be Emmett's whole storyline this season ... photo detective Emmett to the rescue.
ODO & KIRA (DS9)

Old 01-23-2014, 07:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I haven't been watching, what's been going on?
Old 01-23-2014, 08:13 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclarexdelena (View Post)
I haven't been watching, what's been going on?
Bay started an art class and has befriended Tank.

Daphne got probation and as part of her probation works at a free clinic, where she has befriended Jorge and Campbell.

The new hearing kids have startled Carlton, and as a result, there's a lot of tension. Especially between a new girl, Sharee, and Daphne, but Toby & Daphne (and Bay sort of) have started a field hockey team and Sharee joined. So, looks like we may see some ice thawing....eventually.

Regina is back with Angelo (who is being very careless about his money and his restaurant deal) and is taking over the design studio where she worked.

Toby is waiting for Nikki to come back from Peru and coaching field hockey.

Kathryn is depressed and feeling the beginnings of empty nest syndrome and has taken up tap dancing and also met a new friend, Renzo. There's tension between her and John.

Emmett just discovered that one of his friends is vandalizing the other deaf students' cars to frame the hearing kids to get them kicked out and that was the cliffhanger we had for him. What will Emmett do about this dilemma.

Travis is still with Mary Beth.

Mary Beth is still keeping the Ty secret and Bay is still upset over Ty, but her and Emmett seem to be in a good friendship place for now.

I don't think I left anything out.
Old 07-24-2016, 11:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

John was a huge jerk this episode.

I enjoyed the field hockey plot but I was kinda hoping Bay would actually play.

I liked the guy that Regina met at the junk yard.

Where is Nikki?

I kinda like Daphne's storyline's this year.