Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-18-2014, 03:16 PM
Elite Fan

#302 “Your Body is a Battleground ~ Episode Discussion

"Your Body is a Battleground"

Air Date: January 20, 2014

Synopsis: Bay strives to impress her art teacher while she struggles with her commitment to field hockey. Elsewhere, Campbell assists Daphne when she makes an error at the clinic; Kathryn invites Renzo home for dinner; and Emmett investigates a vandalism problem.
Old 01-18-2014, 03:28 PM
Loyal Fan

Thanks for opening!

I'm looking forward to the Kathryn/Renzo stuff, and Daphne's plot.

And hopefully we get some good sibling trio scenes as well.

No matter how the wind howls, the mountain cannot bow to it -The Emperor from Mulan
Old 01-18-2014, 04:56 PM
Elite Fan

You're welcome

Looking forward to Bay and field hockey and Daphne and the clinic. I hope more people will discuss this episode. The premiere didn't bring as many people around as I had hoped
Old 01-18-2014, 05:31 PM
Loyal Fan

I know. We had more for the 2B premiere which, imo, was a lot weaker of an episode than the 3A premiere.

Fingers crossed we get more discussion for this episode.

No matter how the wind howls, the mountain cannot bow to it -The Emperor from Mulan
Old 01-19-2014, 07:53 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for the new thread, Alyssa! I am really excited about this episode, and well, all of the upcoming ones this season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EyesOnFire (View Post)
I know. We had more for the 2B premiere which, imo, was a lot weaker of an episode than the 3A premiere.

Fingers crossed we get more discussion for this episode.
I still plan to jump into the discussion on the premiere. It is an episode that is taking me a LOT of time to process. It is sparking deep, deep thought on my part. That's part of the reason I have not been posting as much this week. I am so deeply thinking about the meaning of Monday night's episode and ALL that it implies to me that I haven't had the mental faculties needed to make other posts.

On a different (but somewhat related) note:

Often, I will make a long post, and people never respond to my ideas, or even answer the questions that I am posing.

Do you think long posts are inappropriate for a message board? Should I keep my posts to a short paragraph? I am not sure if people are not reading what I say or what.

Maybe they find it boring or do not have time to read it all. Maybe they think it is obnoxious of me to write so much. Or maybe they enjoy reading it, but they just don't have anything to say in response. I don't know.

I would hate to think that they do have something to say in response, but they refrain for some unknown reason. If that's the case, then I wish I knew how to encourage people to feel comfortable sharing their thoughts. I would love to hear what more ideas. I always learn so much that way.
Old 01-19-2014, 11:42 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

can't wait!
Old 01-19-2014, 12:15 PM
Addicted Fan

i personally love reading long posts and discussion, it's just that usually i don't have all my thoughts together to properly respond.
Old 01-19-2014, 05:33 PM
Elite Fan

Yes, I agree.

I love love love the long posts.

I just don't always have the right frame of mind to respond or sometimes I feel my own thoughts don't sound as intelligent, and I want them to.

I was more talking about people that haven't been around since the summer or maybe even 2A coming back to talk about the show again. I think unfortunately a lot of people left after 1B, and I don't know if there's a way to get them back.
Old 01-19-2014, 06:12 PM
Addicted Fan

it's true. the fandom has never been very big, but it shrank a lot after 1b ended.
Old 01-19-2014, 06:21 PM
Addicted Fan

I didn't post for the last episode because it lacked in many ways. I really didn't like it. So if my interest isn't in it, no real desire to post about it.
Old 01-19-2014, 06:49 PM
Supreme Fan

Are we supposed to assume that the nice guy at the clinic is Daphne's newest love interest? I liked the guy in the wheelchair who drove her home (forgot his name)... and the other guy at the clinic who helped her was nice too. I just don't think that a triangle or yet another relationship that goes nowhere is what Daphne needs right now. Not only that, but I'm getting a sense of deja vu with the whole "Daphne makes an error" which we already got when she worked at the restaurant and a coworker bailed her out. If she makes an error in a clinic, that could have drastic consequences ... I just don't want anybody falling on their sword for her when she's made some real errors in judgment.
ODO & KIRA (DS9)

Old 01-20-2014, 06:50 AM
Part-Time Fan

I enjoy reading long posts, and discussions, but my own contributions are (almost always necessarily) more brief and sporadic. I have so many things to juggle in "real" life that my online life, whilst lovely, is best distilled into the 140 character limit of Twitter. When my children were younger, I maintained a blog, which has lain sadly neglected for some years now, and had far more time (curiously, perhaps) for writing at length.

I rather wish there were a "like" or a "favourite" button, so that posters don't feel they are being ignored. I know it's not feasible on an established message board platform such as this, but I often find myself favouriting tweets, for example, when I don't have the time or the wherewithal to respond, but I want the writer to know I have noted and liked something they have written.

There are certain threads here which I don't visit at all. The vast majority of the ABC/TPBM etc threads I leave to one side, because I am more interested in reading people's thoughts. I know they are good for post counts, and with more time might be thoroughly enjoyable, but I am limited, and so I prioritise like mad.

Perhaps that sounds rather selfish. But I do appreciate the opportunity to read people's thoughts here, whether they be long or short, and whether or not they spark discussion.
Old 01-20-2014, 06:12 PM
Loyal Fan

I hope everyone is watching!

Old 01-20-2014, 06:14 PM
Elite Fan

I am watching.

at Tank trying to get away with "This is a picture of Bay from far away."
Old 01-20-2014, 06:23 PM
Loyal Fan

I'm so glad they brought some humour back to the show. I've giggled a few times already.

And I'm loving the Toby stuff so far. And Campbell and Daphne too. And Renzo and Kathryn.