Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-16-2013, 12:32 PM
Elite Fan

#207 "Drive in the Knife" ~ Episode Discussion

“Drive in the Knife”
Air Date: February 18, 2013
Synopsis: Daphne and Travis quarrel, while Bay and Noah's romance thrives. Elsewhere, Toby becomes intrigued by a new girl who's working as a volunteer for his dad's campaign.
Old 02-16-2013, 02:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thank you for the thread!
Old 02-17-2013, 06:53 AM
Master Fan

I am so excited about this episode! This is the most excited I have been about an episode since the premiere of season 1C's This Is the Color of my Dreams.

Although the title of this one, Drive in the Knife, inspires some fear, it also sounds powerful. Something is going to happen. I just know it!
Old 02-17-2013, 07:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for opening, Alyssa.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 02-17-2013, 07:39 PM
Elite Fan

You're welcome!

Should be an interesting episode.
Old 02-18-2013, 05:49 PM
Addicted Fan

Hoping more people tune in..
Old 02-18-2013, 07:02 PM
Addicted Fan

so we know that bay wants to have this relationship with noah because it's easy. which probably means it won't last long.

even though i thought he moved on incredibly fast after telling nikki he loved her last week, i liked toby's storyline this episode and would like to see more of zoey deutch.

travis and regina are both messes right now.
Old 02-18-2013, 08:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Bay - I felt so bad for her with the whole campaign issue and I was glad John talked to her later about it. She so knows something is wrong with Regina.

Bay/Noah - I do like their scenes, but you can tell this isn't going anywhere, that it's a rebound. I hope it ends pretty soon because I do want them to end up staying friends. I think they do care about each other.

Bay/Emmett - I kind of liked the way he was yeah I know your dating in the sense that he isn't showing jealously and the kiss was sweet.

Daphne - That whole rehearsal was done so beautifully. Daphne can tell something is up with Regina too.

Daphne/Travis - It right move for Daphne to end her relationship with Travis. I love the talk she had with Kathryn. She's right she shouldn't have to date someone she doesn't have feeling for just because his life is rocky. She was a good friend to him by saying she would follow him everywhere if she had to and it was the right thing to do by going to John. While I understand some of his feelings about the mugging it was very much about him and less about Daphne. I wasn't fan of Travis's speech to her. It made it seem like he used Daphne to make his life better like a status upgrade. I was really hoping they would be able to stay friends, but I don't know if it's possible. The promo. Hopefully a misdirect.

Toby/New Girl (Sorry I forgot her name) - This didn't interest me aside from the fact is was Lea's daughter. I thought she did a good job though.

Daphne/Noah - These are the scenes I was really hoping to see between them. The scene where Daphne rehearsal I loved the way he looked at her with how beautifully Daphne rehearsed. The talk about the party was so great and I was glad to hear that Noah did go to Travis to apologized. Their reaction to the play cloths was hilarious. I loved that he worried about her asking if she was in trouble with Travis and that he thought she was better than the other girl. They click so well together and in my personal opinion they have great chemistry. One word the promo!

Last edited by *OldHollywoodStarlet*; 02-18-2013 at 11:11 PM Reason: clarification
Old 02-18-2013, 08:12 PM
Extreme Fan

Bay never told Noah that Emmett kissed her either. So what Emmett said about her being sure is probably true.

Everytime Regina walks in that jazz club my finger immediately wants to turn the channel, this is as boring as the Chef Jeff/Zarra stuff. It has potential though if Bay gets involved.

Toby went from a girl who wasn't gonna give it up to a girl who took her top off the minute he met her.

I'm sick of angry Travis, hopefully John got through to him.

Pretty good episode.
Old 02-18-2013, 08:22 PM
Supreme Fan

I was kind of "eh" about most of the episode. Felt bad for Travis, but at least Daphne ended it. He would be a great guy for the right girl ... but it wasn't Daphne. Hoping they could remain friends, but it seems like he's gonna be written as going extreme against the hearing kids. I liked how John pointed out reality for him and how his planned actions would have very real consequences.

Regina ... oh brother. What a mess. Seems like both Travis and Regina are gonna hit bottom. They're on a slippery slope.

Tired of the revolving door of Toby and Daphne's romances. No sooner do we get to meet a new girl for Toby, then suddenly he's making out with her and then BAM, at third base, only to break up with her because he saw who her mom was. WTF? Whiplash.

Emmett unfortunately seems to now be the Jiminy Cricket of romance for the series since he spent last episode guiding Daphne and is now guiding Toby. Really? He's got some outstanding story value outside of his relationship with Bay, but he seems to need to guide Toby (who's OLDER than he is) into flirting with a pretty girl ... all because, unfortunately, Toby (whom I really like) seemed clueless. Maybe Emmett's more tuned in to girls (which means he was an experienced ladies man, somewhat, outside of his "crush" on Daphne all those years)?

Looking forward to the ASL ep.
ODO & KIRA (DS9)

Old 02-18-2013, 09:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Not much of an ep
Toby plot was odd
Continued lack of Bay-Toby still infuriates me.
Emmett's still being a presumptuous ass
Tired of the focus on all the romance...take all non Kennishes and Vasquezes and lock them up somewhere only letting them out sparingly.
Old 02-18-2013, 11:43 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingster (View Post)
Not much of an ep
Toby plot was odd
Continued lack of Bay-Toby still infuriates me.
Emmett's still being a presumptuous ass
Tired of the focus on all the romance...take all non Kennishes and Vasquezes and lock them up somewhere only letting them out sparingly.
I agree with this summation with the exception that I do not feel there was ENOUGH focus on romance. It almost felt like no focus on romance at all to me, and since I would like that to be the primary focus of any and every show, that was a HUGE disappointment.

But yes! Not much of an episode. This is the first time I have ever felt that way about an episode of SaB, too.

It felt as though each plot point tonight was included merely to advance things along for a future episode. Nothing happened in this episode except set ups.

Also, usually, I love how LW expects viewers to read between the lines (i.e., in the season opener, Nikki and Toby were a couple, but we did not see them get together). But tonight, I felt like all of the important scenes were left out of the episode, and the expectation was that I was to fill in all of the gaps for myself. Yuck.

Toby's plot was EXTREMELY odd. And what was up with him asking Elisa if he should get out of the hot tub and call Emmett to come join her instead? Are they testing the waters for Emmett & Elisa? Why did Emmett even need to accompany Toby on that trip to the campaign headquarters? His presence felt out of place to me.

Emmett is presumptious, but that's a quality of any alpha male, and I like that. He is charming, always.
Old 02-18-2013, 11:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Personally I loved the episode.
Old 02-19-2013, 12:24 AM
Addicted Fan

The only thing I loved about this episode was the Emmett and Bay kiss, other than that, it was total lack luster. It was just like the episode where the Kennishes met Lana.. YAWN.
Old 02-19-2013, 02:27 AM
Loyal Fan

I love the Regina storyline actually I love this show.. I'm extremely interested in ASL considering I work with children in sports.

Luke&Lorelai..Lucas&Brooke..Troy&Gabriella..Jay&Erin..Wade&Zoe..Rachel&Finn..Rayna&Deacon

Gilmore Girls..One Tree Hill.. Friday Night Lights #Gonebutnotforgotten