Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-20-2013, 05:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

#203 "Duel Between Two Women" ~ Episode Discussion

"Duel Between Two Women"
Air Date: January 21, 2013
Synopsis: Kathryn's comments during a radio interview impact John's campaign; Melody hopes a retreat will bridge the divide between the hearing students and their deaf classmates; Regina receives disturbing health news.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 01-20-2013, 05:40 PM
Addicted Fan

thanks for opening!
Old 01-20-2013, 11:49 PM
Addicted Fan

Looking forward to it
Old 01-21-2013, 08:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

This one looks good.
Old 01-21-2013, 10:33 AM
Master Fan

I'm excited to watch this one, too!

Edited to add: I am watching the episode right now. Emmett is in a tough position. He is trying to help Bay, but he's uncomfortable, too. So far, he has abandoned her a couple of times on campus, when he could have stuck by her side. Both of those times, Noah was there to fill what should have been his position. I do not blame Emmett. As I said, he is in a tough spot, but twice now he has unintentionally opened a door for Noah to bond with Bay.

I wish Melody would have educated Emmett that the pilot program also brings IN money. If it did not, the school would not have allowed it. So yes, there may be costs (such as interpreters), but there is also money coming into the school because of the additional students. Carlton is in trouble. It was in trouble before the program started. It's not the fault of the hearing kids that the school is in trouble.

Last edited by ollibear; 01-21-2013 at 06:14 PM
Old 01-21-2013, 06:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I really like Noah/Bay. They're kind of adorable.
But then again, there was also that Noah/Daphne scene. Hmm. I think he has better chemistry with Bay, though.

We will take the best parts of ourselves and make them gold.
icon credit: lucy
Old 01-21-2013, 07:06 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by collide (View Post)
I really like Noah/Bay. They're kind of adorable.
But then again, there was also that Noah/Daphne scene. Hmm. I think he has better chemistry with Bay, though.
I like Noah/Bay, too, but I like Emmett with Bay more. Noah and Bay are cute together, and they could be good for each other for a while, but I do not see the same soulmate potential that Emmett and Bay have together.

For what it's worth, the episode just ended, and I do not think Emmett could have handled his situation with Bay more beautifullly than he did. As hard as it was for Emmett to walk away from Bay, if they ultimately ever have a chance of being more than friends again, then he did the right thing.

In fact, he did the only thing he could do to ever give them that chance. He must really love her.
Old 01-21-2013, 07:18 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for starting the thread, Heather.

I unfortunately got the flu Friday, and while I tried to come on for a bit on Saturday, I don't think I was fully up to contributing much

I am thankfully feeling better. Not at full strength, but better enough to come back on.

So, interesting episode.

Interesting that they chose to give Noah the same thing Katie Leclerc has, Meniere's Disease. He really is at sort of an in between place with the hearing and the deaf kids, so his story should prove to be interesting.

I felt bad for Regina and Daphne in this week's episode. Daphne is feeling like she can't communicate with Regina and feels bad about it, obviously. I'm hoping they end up finding a way for CM to sign again though. I know in real life she's just letting herself heal. I wonder if they’ll use this as a way to parallel Travis’ situation a bit although it’s vastly different.

I was a bit upset with Melody questioning Regina’s injury though, but other than that I thought Melody’s idea for a tolerance retreat was a good one.

Natalie and Bay were definitely intense. Neither one backing down. Hopefully they have found some middle ground.

I like Toby and Lana, and how he mentioned Bay being the baby’s sister.

I wasn’t paying much attention to John and Kathryn. Sorry, but right now I’m bored with that SL.

Aw for Bay and Emmett, but it’s good they both said what they can and can’t handle. Where that goes, we shall see.

Sad that there’s some tension with Daphne and Bay, but that’s to be expected.
Old 01-21-2013, 07:20 PM
Addicted Fan

I loved the Emmett and Bay interaction.. I think Bay and Noah are good as friends but nothing more(However I see them going with that for the time being) I'm REALLY proud of Emmett, he couldn't of handled that situation more beautifully. He can't be her friend.. I'll be back for the rest of my opinion on the episode soon.
Old 01-21-2013, 07:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I thought he had chemistry with both girls, but I love the idea of Noah/Daphne more. I would love it if he told her about him losing his hearing. I think she would be able to help better. Can't really judge from one scene, but I really like what I've seen. He seems like a nice balanced guy. The whole Harry Potter part was humorous and it was sweet of him to ask her how she is and trying to make her feel better.

I understood both Bay and Emmett side of their talk.

Poor Regina and Daphne with her hands.

I thought it was good of Emmett to tell him Mom what was going on.

The whole retreat thing was a good idea and I'm glad it made some headway.

I can understand why Daphne was upset with Bay with the whole not telling her. Surprised Bay didn't say anything earlier to her.
Old 01-21-2013, 07:24 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerfan714 (View Post)
I was a bit upset with Melody questioning Regina’s injury though, but other than that I thought Melody’s idea for a tolerance retreat was a good one.

Aw for Bay and Emmett, but it’s good they both said what they can and can’t handle. Where that goes, we shall see.
I too was upset about Melody questioning Regina's injury, and it definitely shows me that Melody still has a LOT of prejudice to work through. I am also disappointed that she opposes the pilot program, but I do respect her for being honest about her feelings.

Bay and Emmett could not have handled their situation more beautifully or poignantly. If I had Emmett's strength of character when I was his age, I may still be with my true love. Here's hoping and praying he wins his heart's desire.
Old 01-21-2013, 07:30 PM
Addicted Fan

oh bay/emmett.

it was so sweet in the beginning when he mentioned how others would love her as much as he did.

their final scene was sad, but it had to happen. she wants to be friends and he wants to be together. they need some space at the moment and eventually they can start being friends and more again.

i don't like regina not being able to sign anymore. but i guess there isn't much to be done about that because of constance.
Old 01-21-2013, 07:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerfan714 (View Post)
Thanks for starting the thread, Heather.

I unfortunately got the flu Friday, and while I tried to come on for a bit on Saturday, I don't think I was fully up to contributing much

I am thankfully feeling better. Not at full strength, but better enough to come back on.

So, interesting episode.

Interesting that they chose to give Noah the same thing Katie Leclerc has, Meniere's Disease. He really is at sort of an in between place with the hearing and the deaf kids, so his story should prove to be interesting.

I felt bad for Regina and Daphne in this week's episode. Daphne is feeling like she can't communicate with Regina and feels bad about it, obviously. I'm hoping they end up finding a way for CM to sign again though. I know in real life she's just letting herself heal. I wonder if they’ll use this as a way to parallel Travis’ situation a bit although it’s vastly different.

Natalie and Bay were definitely intense. Neither one backing down. Hopefully they have found some middle ground.

I like Toby and Lana, and how he mentioned Bay being the baby’s sister.

I wasn’t paying much attention to John and Kathryn. Sorry, but right now I’m bored with that SL.

Sad that there’s some tension with Daphne and Bay, but that’s to be expected.

Sorry you weren't feeling well. Glad you're feeling a bit better.

Yeah that's the first thing I thought about when Noah said he had Meniere's Disease.

Pretty much agree with everything else.
Old 01-21-2013, 07:37 PM
Addicted Fan

Bay and Emmett will never able to be just friends. Their feelings are too strong to be JUST that. That's exactly why Emmett set boundaries.
Old 01-21-2013, 08:28 PM
Addicted Fan

i don't think they'll ever be JUST friends. but with her not being ready and with this potential thing with noah happening, i do think he'll start to accept that he's lost her. but ultimately he wants to see her happy and i think he'll come around. it would actually be very selfless of him.

i miss them together.