Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-20-2012, 09:52 AM
Elite Fan

#130 "Street Noises Invade the House" Episode Discussion

"Street Noises Invade the House"
Air Date: October 22nd, 2012
Synopsis: In the first-season finale, the trial ends with a surprising outcome. Meanwhile, Bay leaves with Zarra and doesn't inform anyone; and Daphne and Jeff's romance is revealed.

Alright guys. It's only been like a year-and-a-half, but we're ending the first season!! Next time we'll officially be in season 2. I sometimes wondered if season 1 was going to have like 50 episodes....they would just keep extending it.

Nevertheless, it's here, and hopefully it will leave us with some interesting questions for the hiatus, but some good things (like Daphne and Jeff ending and Zarra being gone.)
Old 10-20-2012, 06:36 PM
Supreme Fan

Totally agree - want Zarra and Jeff gone.

Usually, I dread the ending of a season/half-season of SAB. But I'm actually looking forward to it only cause I've been disappointed by the last 9 eps that I need a break from it. Tired of Zarra, tired of Jeff ... and I can't think of one single storyline that we've been introduced to this last half season that I'm eager to watch. Aside from the Toby/Emmett and Toby/Emmett/Nikki scenes, it's been a blur.
ODO & KIRA (DS9)

Old 10-22-2012, 04:52 AM
Elite Fan

Finale day!

I agree that this half has been my least favorite, so I welcome the break. Hopefully it won't end too badly.
Old 10-22-2012, 07:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Tftnt, Alyssa. Can't wait for tonight!

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 10-22-2012, 08:12 AM
Moderator Support Team

Thanks for making this one!

I def can't wait to see how it play out...

are you sleepy? wanna sleep?
is that what you want?

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
Old 10-22-2012, 11:33 AM
Elite Fan

You're welcome!
Old 10-22-2012, 06:04 PM
Addicted Fan

it was a good finale, i liked it. angelo gets 5 million and possibly a new baby? oh jeez.

poor naive daphne. i had to laugh at the #daphnedumped hash tag though. lol way harsh abc family.

about bay/emmett. i'm pleased with how they ended the season. not too rushed, but things are def looking up and they obviously still care so much about each other.
Old 10-22-2012, 06:17 PM
Extreme Fan

The last half hour was really good, back to typical awesome, wanna hug them all SAB imo. It irritates me that in one episode Bay suddenly goes back to normal when we have all those earlier episodes before of her acting stupid. Whatever, at least Zarra's gone. Daphne was an idiot, but Kathryn getting to comfort her was sweet. I've loved John this entire half. Hopefully we see lots of good EBay starting in Jan, their last scene was short but sweet. As far as that ending, that was an "epic twist" as I had been reading?? Kinda lame I thought, probably not even end up being Angelo's kid, and if it is? Who cares........at least he's rich now
Old 10-22-2012, 06:47 PM
New Fan

Angelo gets the big bucks & he's been busy making babies besides Bay in the last minute as season two opens up in 2013. The other party get the "moral" victory of $1. I am deeply sadden that Daphne has to start over in a new workplace & hopefully find the right guy for her. Bay made more bad choices going to Mexico & loses her passport & money. This was a mixed bag of blessings & answers. Katherine gave a heartfelt plea for her two daughters & the nearly forgotten son, Toby. John & Emmett both caring for Bay while Zarra leaves for a bus ticket. Finally, the punch of chef by Angelo was a highpoint greater than the end of the trial in my opinion.
Old 10-22-2012, 07:29 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaybeSomeday (View Post)
The last half hour was really good, back to typical awesome, wanna hug them all SAB imo.
I felt the same way. It was like I finally got my show back! Someone had hijacked it for the last 7 or so episodes. I love having it back!
Old 10-22-2012, 08:06 PM
Elite Fan

I need to collect my thoughts.
Old 10-22-2012, 09:05 PM
Supreme Fan

Was anybody really surprised that Zarra bailed on Bay with the rest of Bay's money? Headed for Mexico no less? Yeah, Bay, good luck collecting that tab. And Jeff ... oh, wow, not surprised he was a douche. He had the nerve to blame Daphne for quitting so that they could be together, when he had no intent on following up with anything once he got "the goods" from Daphne. He got pissed that she quit cause it made him look ... guilty. Yes, Jeff, she acted like a high school girl (by the way, she got no sympathy when she snapped at Regina about HER choice in men and when Regina said something back, THEN she gets upset?) who was used when you dumped her after sleeping with her.

The best moment for me (since I don't ship Emmett/Bay) was watching Angelo punch Jeff - LOVED IT! - and Emmett showing up to TRY to support Daphne. He was really a good friend there. He didn't say, "You're making a crappy choice" but pointed out that if Daphne and Jeff don't work together, then there shouldn't be an issue. He had his heart in the right place, but he was thinking like a high schooler, not like a guy in his late 20's trying to hide a sexual affair with a teenaged underling who works for him. Good for Emmett ... he was great tonight. Back to the real Emmett.

I think the jury finding was realistic. For John and Kathryn, they really didn't lose anything. They lost time with Daphne, true. But as Kathryn put it, she wouldn't un-do the switch either, which is what cost them the mega bucks. She meant well, but it backfired. Angelo was given the money because he totally lost out on Bay's life (well, partly due to his decision to bail) since he believed Regina had cheated on him and had another man's child. He left for a reason that many men might have and couldn't handle physical proof of his lover's infidelity. He didn't find out about Bay (his actual daughter) til later. John and Kathryn needed no money - they were already rich. It was a moral victory for them.

The little coda we got at the end ... eh. Liked seeing Bay and Daphne sitting together in court, clearly stunned. Maybe Bay is realistic enough to see that Angelo might not stick around.
ODO & KIRA (DS9)

Old 10-22-2012, 09:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Bay is still holding on to street art...that's troubling

And after worrying (and complaining...a lot here) about B/E they were used perfectly. Should've had more faith

the cliffhanger? lame
Old 10-23-2012, 01:42 AM
Passionate Fan

I thought it was a lot better than the previous few eps. So not surprised that Zarra bailed with Bay's money. I feel sorry for Bay, though not too sorry because she's been such an idiot this storyline, but I hope she never comes back.

I don't know if the trial verdict was what might happen in a real life situation but I liked it. And it puts the Kennishes and Vasquezes on a more even footing going forward.

Meh on the maybe!Babymama as a cliffhanger. I really hope they don't start a "golddigger" storyline with it now that he's rich as well.
Old 10-23-2012, 03:16 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyGrace (View Post)
I thought it was a lot better than the previous few eps.
Me, too.

I got what I needed from the Bay and Emmett scene. As I said on the spoilers thread:

I felt electricity and dynamite, chemistry and magic, when they were standing just inches apart and BOTH leaned in for a kiss. It's all still there. Emmett knows that. He won't give up on her. He has made such incredible inroads. He has Toby back in his corner. Kathryn sees that his feelings for Bay are sincere. I saw that when she looked at him in the courthouse. She KNOWS that Emmett loves Bay and that it is real.

John was Emmett's biggest obstacle to getting Bay back, and Emmett took the bull by the horns and made MAJOR inroads with John. John had an opportunity to vent a little, to let Emmett know that maybe he should have been worried about him hurting his daughter all along. And then Emmett had what to me was the most important scene in the WHOLE episode. Emmett told John why he had smashed everything last year (including his relationship with Bay). He was trying to get the attention of his parents, who were so wrapped up in their own problems that they could not notice him unless he was on a path of self-destruction. And boy did he self-destruct, so much so that he lost the most important relationship in his life.

The reason that scene means so much to me is that it proves Emmett has done the self-reflection necessary to not make the same mistakes again. He gets it. He knows he didn't handle things right with Bay, and he knows why. He won't cheat again, if he is back with her, because he sees. I love the growth that we saw in Emmett, and I love that he has taken himself from a position of no hope, to one of real possibility, all because he didn't give up.

What I love most of all is that Emmett's character was written this way from the very first episode. In the pilot when he tells John that what he most admires about him as a ball player is that John never gave up, that's what he was saying to the audience about himself. I love how he has stayed so true to character. He is loyal, dedicated, and most importantly committed. I would feel very comfortable with Bay trusting him again. And I think the Kennish family sees that, too.

I am so hopeful for Season 2. I hope the writers keep up the good work. The acting last night was awesome. I am so impressed with this show.

Lastly, I do think it could be very exciting for Bay to have a half brother or sister. A new baby on the show could be very sweet, and I could see Bay and Emmett caring for the new baby and getting some ideas themselves. I would like that.