Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-20-2012, 06:32 PM
Supreme Fan

That would be a better storyline for Bay (forgiving those who have wronged her - not entirely romantically - but in a way to free herself from the pain of holding onto the betrayal instead of letting it go) instead of all this street art gang nonsense. Emmett's got a great storyline with Nikki and Toby - I really like that trio. They're great. Daphne could've done so much more than this stuff with Jeff. Has she totally stopped playing basketball ... what about reviving the Carlton team? Interracting with Travis and other students at Carlton, hanging out with Bay ... dealing with Angelo, etc.
ODO & KIRA (DS9)

Old 10-21-2012, 10:34 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanaMendez331 (View Post)
My first thought also was "Huh? I don't think so!!" Bay and Emmett have been through too much together for it to just be a "moment in time". That would feel like such a waste to me.
I guess I was looking at it from my personal perspective, which isn't objective. When I was 17, I had an Emmett. For one year, everything was magical between us, and then, he went out to sea on a submarine, and when he returned, he was a different person.

He went from being loyal and kind to someone on drugs and experimenting with his sexuality. His career goal changed from architect to fashion model. He spun out of control for the next 7 years. The first couple of years after we broke up, I visited him when I could. He was in the Navy and living clear across the country. It tore me apart to see how lost he was.

At the age of 22, I packed a suitcase and moved from Virginia to Washington State, all by myself, just to be there if he needed me. My father had died when I was nine years old, and I could not lose my first love, too.

The funny thing is that he kept me at a distance, while all of his friends loved me. He even got engaged to this other girl, who was secretly cheating on him at the time, and the guy that she was cheating on him with wanted me. It was surreal.

I made friends outside of his circle. A few months after I got there, I became involved with a man who was 10 years older than me. He was my landlord. He also owned a construction company and was opening a restaurant. He made me the manager of the new restaurant (shades of Daphne) and even named the restaurant after my mom.

But even though I began another relationship, I kept a watchful eye on my first love. I wanted to be there for him, in case he ever needed me. At times, he did, and I was always there.

A few years later, he began to return to his old self. When that happened, he came for me. But by that time, I could not betray the man who was ten years older. He had taken care of me, at a time when I had been lost, too.

I learned that sometimes you can have a powerful connection with someone, and it's still not enough. Sometimes you really are meant for just a moment in time.

But I do hope that is not the case with Bay and Emmett. My mom and dad were high school sweethearts and lifetime soulmates, so it does happen. I want that for Bay and Emmett. I would have loved that for me, too.
Old 10-21-2012, 01:39 PM
New Fan

I love all the episodes of Switched at Birth so far. This was a great episode. I am not a fan of Zara. I think she will deter Bay from being with Emmett. I really like Daphne and Chef Jeff. I get the feeling Melody is jealous of Daphne. I wonder how the trial is going to end up.

I love Angelo! Gilles Marini is a very good actor and easy on the eyes!
Old 10-21-2012, 01:44 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollibear (View Post)
I guess I was looking at it from my personal perspective, which isn't objective. When I was 17, I had an Emmett. For one year, everything was magical between us, and then, he went out to sea on a submarine, and when he returned, he was a different person.

He went from being loyal and kind to someone on drugs and experimenting with his sexuality. His career goal changed from architect to fashion model. He spun out of control for the next 7 years. The first couple of years after we broke up, I visited him when I could. He was in the Navy and living clear across the country. It tore me apart to see how lost he was.

At the age of 22, I packed a suitcase and moved from Virginia to Washington State, all by myself, just to be there if he needed me. My father had died when I was nine years old, and I could not lose my first love, too.

The funny thing is that he kept me at a distance, while all of his friends loved me. He even got engaged to this other girl, who was secretly cheating on him at the time, and the guy that she was cheating on him with wanted me. It was surreal.

I made friends outside of his circle. A few months after I got there, I became involved with a man who was 10 years older than me. He was my landlord. He also owned a construction company and was opening a restaurant. He made me the manager of the new restaurant (shades of Daphne) and even named the restaurant after my mom.

But even though I began another relationship, I kept a watchful eye on my first love. I wanted to be there for him, in case he ever needed me. At times, he did, and I was always there.

A few years later, he began to return to his old self. When that happened, he came for me. But by that time, I could not betray the man who was ten years older. He had taken care of me, at a time when I had been lost, too.

I learned that sometimes you can have a powerful connection with someone, and it's still not enough. Sometimes you really are meant for just a moment in time.

But I do hope that is not the case with Bay and Emmett. My mom and dad were high school sweethearts and lifetime soulmates, so it does happen. I want that for Bay and Emmett. I would have loved that for me, too.
I didn't meet my husband in high school, but we met when I was 23. We've been together for ten years almost. I believe he is my first love, although I dated and had three different boyfriends and lots of dates, I never really was in love with them.

Bay and Emmett have a special connection, that can last as highschool sweethearts. I've always loved how they come from two different worlds, but in honesty, they have so much they have shared together.

I am not a Daphne and Emmett fan at all, in really friendship or mostly, relationship.

I don't mind Chef Jeff/Daphne and then being in a relationship. I find it brought some mystery to Daphne's character, than always being the 'good girl'. I was also happy Jeff choose her.

I really enjoy Angelo and Regina's relationship as well.

I wish Wilke would come back as well. I don't know why they shipped him off to boarding school.
Old 10-21-2012, 09:42 PM
Supreme Fan

I remember my first love quite clearly. He was the brother of my best friend. I was in 7th grade and he was in 8th grade. We clicked from the moment we met and it was great. Our parents hated each other, hated that we were dating. Yet we were together - Romeo and Juliet-style. We had such a strong connection. We couldn't be apart. Even when we tried to break up because we were so serious that we thought maybe we should take a break. Yet fate brought us together when I'd come over to hang out with his sister. There was a string between us, a profound bond. His father won sole custody of both him and his sister, and they moved away. His sister invited me to her 16th birthday party and I was brought down to his dad's house - saw her brother again and BAM. Back again, we just clicked yet again. It was so bittersweet because we couldn't see each other. He once said that he figured that even if we married other people, had kids with other people, we would always end up together somehow in the end. Some time passed and we hadn't spoken for a while. I went to college, lived my life. Met somebody, fell in love. Yes, deep down I always remembered my first love. Never forgot him. But I loved this man, too. In fact this new man and I got engaged, guilt a life. Had a son. My husband died when my son was three years old - cancer. One of the hardest days of my life.

Last year, I got an email from my first love's sister asking how I was doing. I told her about my life, my son. Found out how she's been doing. I always, deep down, wondered about him, figured that by now he'd gotten married himself and settled down, had a couple kids. I was always worried about calling him up and upsetting his wife just by saying hi. So I never even bothered to look him up. Just figured I'd let him move on. His sister asked me if it was okay for her to give her brother my number and I said it was. My phone rang, and I picked up ... and I heard him say, "Donna, is that really you?" I was a teenager again. I said, "Yeah, it's me! How are you?" We talked like no time had passed ... it was as if time had stopped. He was thrilled to hear about my son, sent condolences regarding my husband. Said he saw my son's pic on Facebook and said he looked just like me. We talked over the phone, said he remembered my birthday and he said there was something he wanted to give me (LOL, he once joked that he wanted to buy me my first tattoo ... he even asked me if I had gotten one yet and when I said no, he said, "Remember, I promised!").

Three weeks later, I got a message that I needed to call her right away. When I called her, she explained ... and his mother (who found him) confirmed ... that he had passed away. His obituary was in the newspaper I was sent in the mail (I was unable to go to the funeral - it was so spur of the moment I had no way to get off of work, arrange a babysitter, and coordinate flight arrangements). He had never gotten married, nor had any children. I never got to meet up with him and see him in person. What I have is a memory of his voice on the phone after all this time. But I'm glad we got to talk.

First loves are potent ... whether we end up together or not, it doesn't matter. But it doesn't mean I loved my husband any less either. I've had friends I've loved dearly, one of which has also passed on ... so I feel blessed that however long it was, each of those people were in my life. One of them was my first love, one of them gave me my son, and one of them gave me a wonderful friendship that I treasure. Yet I have no regrets about anything.
ODO & KIRA (DS9)

Old 10-21-2012, 09:58 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes&FredFan (View Post)
I remember my first love quite clearly. He was the brother of my best friend. I was in 7th grade and he was in 8th grade. We clicked from the moment we met and it was great. Our parents hated each other, hated that we were dating. Yet we were together - Romeo and Juliet-style. We had such a strong connection. We couldn't be apart. Even when we tried to break up because we were so serious that we thought maybe we should take a break. Yet fate brought us together when I'd come over to hang out with his sister. There was a string between us, a profound bond. His father won sole custody of both him and his sister, and they moved away. His sister invited me to her 16th birthday party and I was brought down to his dad's house - saw her brother again and BAM. Back again, we just clicked yet again. It was so bittersweet because we couldn't see each other. He once said that he figured that even if we married other people, had kids with other people, we would always end up together somehow in the end. Some time passed and we hadn't spoken for a while. I went to college, lived my life. Met somebody, fell in love. Yes, deep down I always remembered my first love. Never forgot him. But I loved this man, too. In fact this new man and I got engaged, guilt a life. Had a son. My husband died when my son was three years old - cancer. One of the hardest days of my life.

Last year, I got an email from my first love's sister asking how I was doing. I told her about my life, my son. Found out how she's been doing. I always, deep down, wondered about him, figured that by now he'd gotten married himself and settled down, had a couple kids. I was always worried about calling him up and upsetting his wife just by saying hi. So I never even bothered to look him up. Just figured I'd let him move on. His sister asked me if it was okay for her to give her brother my number and I said it was. My phone rang, and I picked up ... and I heard him say, "Donna, is that really you?" I was a teenager again. I said, "Yeah, it's me! How are you?" We talked like no time had passed ... it was as if time had stopped. He was thrilled to hear about my son, sent condolences regarding my husband. Said he saw my son's pic on Facebook and said he looked just like me. We talked over the phone, said he remembered my birthday and he said there was something he wanted to give me (LOL, he once joked that he wanted to buy me my first tattoo ... he even asked me if I had gotten one yet and when I said no, he said, "Remember, I promised!").

Three weeks later, I got a message that I needed to call her right away. When I called her, she explained ... and his mother (who found him) confirmed ... that he had passed away. His obituary was in the newspaper I was sent in the mail (I was unable to go to the funeral - it was so spur of the moment I had no way to get off of work, arrange a babysitter, and coordinate flight arrangements). He had never gotten married, nor had any children. I never got to meet up with him and see him in person. What I have is a memory of his voice on the phone after all this time. But I'm glad we got to talk.

First loves are potent ... whether we end up together or not, it doesn't matter. But it doesn't mean I loved my husband any less either. I've had friends I've loved dearly, one of which has also passed on ... so I feel blessed that however long it was, each of those people were in my life. One of them was my first love, one of them gave me my son, and one of them gave me a wonderful friendship that I treasure. Yet I have no regrets about anything.
Wow. I don't really have words to explain how I feel after reading this, other than to say you are so right. Thank you for sharing. It does give me insight into first loves, my own, Bay and Emmett's relationship, and the universal experience. You are right. First love is so incredibly powerful and unforgettable.
Old 10-22-2012, 04:50 AM
Elite Fan

Hey guys. I'm very glad that people feel comfortable enough sharing such personal stories, but let's be careful to not go too off topic. There is a Bay-Emmett thread and a Bay thread if you want to talk about Alex and Bay or anyone else and her. Again, I'm super happy people are opening up, but just wanted to give a little reminder. Thanks!
Old 10-22-2012, 04:01 PM
Elite Fan

Who did Daphne lost her virginity to? Wilke? Liam? Or some guy we haven't met yet......

icon
Old 10-22-2012, 08:54 PM
Supreme Fan

Somebody we've never met yet.
ODO & KIRA (DS9)

Old 12-25-2012, 11:24 PM
Extreme Fan

This episode was wonderful but so sad for Bay having to come clean.
A single text....................$1
Speaking his language...........Priceless