Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-14-2012, 04:01 PM
Elite Fan

#129 “The Trial" Episode Discussion

"The Trial"
Air Date: October 15th, 2012
Synopsis: The trial involving the hospital's error gets under way. Meanwhile, Bay tries to return the cash she secretly took from John; Daphne and Jeff's relationship encounters obstacles; and Toby starts a new band.
Old 10-14-2012, 06:45 PM
Supreme Fan

Ick - obstacles? I don't want to see them have to "fight to stay together." Don't want Daphne/Jeff together period.

Looking forward to the trial - want that wrapped up, but I don't want it done in a slipshod, mega-fast fashion.
ODO & KIRA (DS9)

Old 10-14-2012, 08:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the new thread, Alyssa.

I'm with you on the Daphne/Jeff part, ick. I hope the obstacles destroy whatever is there before there is anything to 'save.'

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 10-15-2012, 08:12 AM
Moderator Support Team

Thanks for making one..

I can't believe that they are actually going w/ Daphne and Jeff.. Sigh..

are you sleepy? wanna sleep?
is that what you want?

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
Old 10-15-2012, 05:37 PM
Elite Fan

This woman is crazy....
Old 10-15-2012, 06:05 PM
Addicted Fan

i know some people think bay and emmett are going to get back together next week, but i just don't see it happening yet. they haven't had many scenes together to build it up. plus, with all the drama i'm sure bay won't be in the best place emotionally.

once again, my fav scenes this week were the toby/emmett ones.
Old 10-15-2012, 06:12 PM
Extreme Fan

Well better than last week, but it seemed as if nothing interesting happened.

Bay and Daphne continue to act like idiots.

I understand Emmett just wanted to help Toby and the band, but telling Toby that guy has no right to be jealous over a picture? This from a guy that FREAKED when his girlfriend was just emailing a guy millions of miles away?

I have no interest in this trial whatsover. I hope the resolution is exciting considering I've sit through so many episodes discussing it.

Don't care about Simone at all. At least Zarra was only on for five seconds.

Toby, and Travis were again the bright spots.
Old 10-15-2012, 06:16 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaybeSomeday (View Post)

I understand Emmett just wanted to help Toby and the band, but telling Toby that guy has no right to be jealous over a picture? This from a guy that FREAKED when his girlfriend was just emailing a guy millions of miles away?
lol this was the first thing i thought of. but hopefully this whole thing has made him realize how ridiculous and unstable he was being.
Old 10-15-2012, 06:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
To be fair I think he realized he was wrong and being a jerk.

Bay and Daphne are just too damn stubborn...and Bay's a bit worse...she FINALLY gets called out on the crap she's been pulling since the pilot and she runs away?
and also pulling the flesh and blood card was frakking ridiculous.

Toby and Emmett were awesome...best scenes tonight.
Old 10-15-2012, 06:21 PM
Addicted Fan

The groundwork was laid for Bay to forgive Emmett. Her being on the opposite side of wanting forgiveness.. Mmhmm

Did Daphne and Jeff do the deed?

I loved the Toby and Emmett scenes! I've missed Emmett!
Old 10-15-2012, 06:25 PM
Supreme Fan

Loved the Toby/Emmett scenes. Really like Toby/Nikki - but I don't want them involved yet. I like their friendship. Also like that Emmett is involved with others and out of Daphne/Bay's circle right now -both girls have their hands full.

The girls ... whoa. Both of them annoyed me tonight. Bay for thinking that no matter what everything was okay. Zarra flakes on her again, and yet she gets a free pass. I'm glad she tried to make everything okay, but she wasn't gonna come clean until Daphne got involved ONLY cause Travis went to her for advice. Travis and Daphne are friends, so he wasn't in the wrong ... he was just worried about his job. And Daphne was trying to protect his job, which was at a very real risk of being in danger. I understand why she said that she'd tell John if Bay didn't. Sadly, in Bay's mad dash to get the money, she didn't focus on the minute details - that John picked up on (the deposit was to be in mostly $100s and NOT in $20's). Had Bay truly cared at the time, she'd have made sure to pick up on that and to cover Travis. She tried her best, but still ... Travis's neck was on the line and he was very nearly fired. Daphne saved him, Kathryn saved him ... but Bay saved Zara and herself first. I'd have been happier if Bay had gone to John herself. Okay with Daphne in THAT scene cause she was looking out for a friend. Well, a worthwhile friend. Bay's still siding with a user.

Daphne ... oh brother. Totally annoyed me tonight. I was thrilled she stood up for Travis and tried to help him keep his job (since it wasn't exactly his fault he was gonna lose it), but this whole Jeff situation has character assassination written all over it. She's acting like a total fool. Not even a naive teenager, but just a fool. She's Jeff's fool the way Bay is Zara's. Both girls are getting seriously played.

The girls had great interaction tonight. Bay and Daphne's talk about sex was interesting, especially when you find out that Daphne's NOT a virgin. Even Daphne assumed that Bay and Emmett had slept together. I'm figuring that Daphne is aware of Emmett's non-Virgin status on a casual friend level. Not that D/E discuss their sex lives or anything, but they might have been aware of their "veggie" status. Notice Bay's surprise - almost as if it's Am I the ONLY virgin around here??? Also loved their signing bickering during the trial (imagine the interpreter following THAT conversation ) ... Somebody who's sleeping with her 35 year old boss shouldn't throw stones! I think when Daphne brought it up though that was Bay's first realization that she still didn't cover Travis, and he was still gonna be in trouble.

I really liked the Melody talk with Daphne tonight. She really came at it as a teacher/suro-Mom as a voice of experience. She's an adult and was able to dismiss her fling with Jeff, but also understood where Daphne was coming from. She opened up about her relationship with her professor during college and explained how she thought it was exciting at the time, but it wasn't a REAL relationship even though things seemed great. Daphne, of course, took it as, "You're jealous he picked me." Uh, no, Daphne, not quite.

Not fond of Jeff. Still. His little flippant She can't hear that anyway ... Whoa. Nice.

I think that Kathryn's gonna be confronted with the money she gave that nurse . Maybe the nurse was promised her job back if she'd testify, or she was just a set-up.

The Tiffany "Mom" was a total waste of a scene. While I was surprised it happened shortly before Bay/Daphne's switch, I couldn't believe the mother was selfishly lamenting about 9 freaking days. Then she didn't even seem to care about the baby that she had taken care of for 9 days.

Wasn't surprised that John went off on Bay, cause she betrayed him. Yet Bay took the wrong stance and thought that she was defending her friend ... not thinking what Zarra has already cost her.

Can't wait til next week.
ODO & KIRA (DS9)

Old 10-15-2012, 06:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
i know some people think bay and emmett are going to get back together next week,
I agree...there may be some hint but I don't see how they can do it without it being too rushed
Old 10-15-2012, 06:31 PM
Supreme Fan

I don't want anything rushed - except for the Jeff/Daphne break-up. For one brief moment I thought Daphne had come to her senses. Nope .

to Bay for pulling the "You let Toby get away with stuff cause he's your flesh and blood son" card tonight. That's hitting below the belt. What if Bay HAD been arrested that time?

Kudos to Kathryn for dialing in on Zarra being the negative issue. Loved how she said, "If THAT is who you would've been, I don't like it. I don't like who you're becoming." Ahem, a Zarra wannabe.
ODO & KIRA (DS9)

Old 10-15-2012, 06:36 PM
Elite Fan

I wish I had something intelligent to say, but I'm just like right now. I'm sure I'll come back with something more coherent later on.
Old 10-15-2012, 06:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Bay thinks she would've been Zarra? Totally discrediting Regina and...the grandmother

Quote:
Not fond of Jeff. Still. His little flippant She can't hear that anyway
I wasn't that offended by it...he was worried Melody find out but then reminded himself

I thought Jeff finally saw the light but damn (and I'm glad he was the one to break it off...he's the adult...Daphne's the teen with a crush)