Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-15-2012, 07:36 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
True, but I was generalizing in my statement there. Which means that, hypothetically speaking, had they known who Emmett was had he attended school there too, I don't believe he would have received the same treatment on the same level as Simone.

it's just the way society seems to approach these things. Unfortunately, as nice and 'ideal' as it would be for both genders to be called out equally in these matters when it comes to stigmas being attached, I just don't see it working that way. I don't think I'm taking a big leap here in assuming that these 'guys' are subconsciously engaging in 'double-standard' behavior. I don't believe for one minute they would have done this to another guy, promoting such material, regardless of who's responsible for initially putting it up there to begin with. Girls to other girls?! Sure. But that's just me.
I agree. It would not be the same even if Emmett went to Buckner. I mean, he'd be getting ignored by Bay, but society just accepts men as cheaters a lot more easily than they do women. It's just something that has been around for a long time, and it isn't going away. It's the idea of it being wired into a man's coding, that he isn't 'wired' to be faithful and monogamous, and women are, so it means more when a woman cheats.

It's sad. It's very sad, but it's not going to change it seems.

I still don't know, but this is just me personally, if it was related to Emmett, the website. I mean, someone could have spread it around, a close friend of hers, but I just don't know who would have known Bay was even dating Emmett. Bay doesn't seem very involved in the school. I just don't know who would have cared enough unless Simone has had other indiscretions more recently.

But then again, this is high school.

Part of me had the nagging thought that she did it herself to gain sympathy, but I don't know.
Old 09-15-2012, 07:42 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerfan714 (View Post)

Part of me had the nagging thought that she did it herself to gain sympathy, but I don't know.
I have no sympathy for Simone. The day she was introduced, she has been manipulative and just a real wench. I couldn't care less about how they try to redeem her because I'm not buying anything the writers try to sell with painting her as some alcoholic to explain her actions.
Old 09-16-2012, 09:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

See I don't know if it's so much as redeeming Simone...as it is adding another layer
Old 09-17-2012, 07:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, we'll have to wait and see. Depends on what exactly they intend to do with her!

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 12-25-2012, 11:40 PM
Extreme Fan

Yeah the website was pretty harsh.
A single text....................$1
Speaking his language...........Priceless