Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-18-2012, 01:47 PM
Obsessed Fan

#122 (Spring Finale) "Venus, Cupid, Folly, and Time" Episode Discussion

"Venus, Cupid, Folly, and Time"
Air Date: March 20, 2012
Synopsis: In the first-season finale, the Carlton prom gets underway, and Travis tags along with Daphne and Wilke, while Emmett feels the weight of the secret he's keeping from Bay. Elsewhere, Angelo resurfaces; and Kathryn and John's lawyer crosses a line.
Old 03-19-2012, 07:57 PM
Supreme Fan

I could like Travis . Pity Emmett decided to keep the secret - I mean, coming out at Prom?! Ick.
ODO & KIRA (DS9)

Old 03-19-2012, 08:55 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes&FredFan (View Post)
I could like Travis . Pity Emmett decided to keep the secret - I mean, coming out at Prom?! Ick.
I think Emmett was planning on keeping it a secret from Bay after talking to Melody (when she asked him if telling Bay would help), but I think the guilt was just eating him alive. Unlike Simone, who can just move on and pretend that nothing happened.
Old 03-20-2012, 06:01 PM
Addicted Fan

Bay didn't dump Emmett. "A don't follow me" isn't a clear indication of a break up
Old 03-20-2012, 06:28 PM
Elite Fan

Oh well.

See everybody in six months!

I feel so bad for Bay, but I'm glad she knows. Hopefully she and Emmett can rebuild what they had.

I am totally loving Travis though, so if AB doesn't stay, then I'll take Travis for Daphne. He definitely grew on me. He made me laugh out loud.
Old 03-20-2012, 06:46 PM
Loyal Fan

I know! Six months! ABC Family is cruel.

I feel awful for Bay! I can't even think about them rebuilding right now, though. I really just need Bay to break up with Emmett and focus on herself for the time being. I'll admit that this episode had me falling back in love with Ebay full force, but then Emmett had to go and let me down even more (if that's possible). I didn't just want him to beg and cry for Bay, I expected him to. Not to mention, he only confessed when he had no other choice.

I loved all the Travis/Daphne/Wilke scenes. They were hilarious! Austin and Ryan play off each other really well. Please stay, Austin!

Anyway, I thoroughly enjoyed the episode, but I felt like the ending was a bit lacking for a midseason (or whatever this is) finale. There wasn't much of a hook. I still can't wait for it to come back, though!

Last edited by MagnoliaFairy; 03-20-2012 at 06:52 PM
Old 03-20-2012, 06:49 PM
New Fan

Well the shacking up w/ Simone was revealed from Wilke to Daphne then Daphne confronts Emmett & he signs nothing but lies. Then tells Bay about Simone & Emmett and the "all night long" after their fight. Talk about an intense ten minutes. I will miss Wilke & hope that Travis becomes a better person in the finale third of the season w/ less booze as a agent of bad decisions. I eagerly await the Bay/Simone showdown when the show returns. Daphne/Wilke romance seems so heartfelt & with this curve we will have to wait & see what happens next. I wonder if Regina & Angelo will marry for "true love" or for the sake of the girls & them having a (additional)father? Katherine & the lawyer hmm nothing but true so I hope the case is resolved by the 1st season finale. It was nice to see Melody in this episode.

Let the 6 months (aww man, REALLY SIX MONTHS!!!) SAB haitus begin & gear up to watch "Secret Life" on Mondays next week.

Matthew
Old 03-20-2012, 06:54 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnoliaFairy (View Post)
I know! Six months! ABC Family is cruel.

I feel awful for Bay! I can't even think about them rebuilding right now, though. I really just need Bay to break up with Emmett and focus on herself for the time being. I'll admit that this episode had me falling back in love with Ebay full force, but then Emmett had to go and let me down even more (if that's possible). I didn't just want him to beg and cry for Bay, I expected him to. Not to mention, he only confessed when he had no other choice.

I loved all the Travis/Daphne/Wilke scenes. They were hilarious! Austin and Ryan play off each other really well. Please stay, Austin!

Anyway, I thoroughly enjoyed the episode, but I felt like the ending was a bit lacking for a midseason (or whatever this is) finale. There wasn't much of a hook. I still can't wait for it to come back, though!
Gotta give Emmett credit, Daphne didnt hold a gun to his head, he doesnt owe Daphne anything, he's not dating her, he is dating bay and it was great he told her instead of finding out from someone else.
Old 03-20-2012, 07:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

Can Austin Butler please stay? That last Daphne/Wilke scene was perfecttttttt

Also, I was thoroughly entertained with Daphne/Wilke/Travis, mainly Wilke/Travis.
Old 03-20-2012, 07:33 PM
Dedicated Fan

About the episode it was good but, the only reason Emmett fessed up was because his little fling with Simone was leaking so he wanted to come clean before it went to Bay's ear....Wilke stay <3 he is like prince charming for me right now since, the thing that Emmett did when he got down his knees and "proposed" to Bay was really tainted. Know I wonder if Regina is going to marry Angelo now? hmmmmm.
Old 03-20-2012, 08:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Good ep but a tad underwhelming

All Wilke scenes were great...esp with Travis

John and Melody drinking

but a few things annoyed me: The Emmett-Simone hook up affects Toby directly...and he doesn't know? His best friend is about to be shipped off to boarding school...and he doesn't know? Toby was only in 3 scenes? 3?
Ridiculous
Old 03-20-2012, 09:15 PM
Loyal Fan

John and Melody...

I agree about Toby. I was literally cringing during his last scene with Emmett. His first two scenes were hilarious, though!
Old 03-20-2012, 09:20 PM
Supreme Fan

Emmett owed Daphne the truth. He didn't owe her lies. After years of friendship, and he lied to her. I could understand Daphne's disappointment. She still was a good friend - she just asked him. She gave him no ultimatum, or anything of the sort. But he lied to her. That's wrong. No, they're not a couple. But now I see him as a cheater trying to cover up his tracks with lies - not cool. I'm rather disappointed in him. Not only did he cheat (and I never shipped him with Bay to begin with), but he lied about it as often as he could. He evaded. He seemed no different than other guys who know that they're going to be caught and still try to lie their way out of it. His honesty with Bay seemed more of a last resort. He'd already lied to his best friend about cheating on his girlfriend. How low could he possibly sink? How is Bay to trust him? How is Daphne, when it's revealed that Emmett did in fact sleep with Simone? At least the Bay/Daphne friendship will get stronger.

Liked Travis. I could really ship Travis w/Daphne. He was hilarious. John/Melody was funny too.

Kathryn/lawyer ... eh. Bummed about the whole "marriage of legality" thing cause I don't mind Regina/Patrick.
ODO & KIRA (DS9)

Old 03-20-2012, 09:36 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes&FredFan (View Post)
Emmett owed Daphne the truth. He didn't owe her lies. After years of friendship, and he lied to her. I could understand Daphne's disappointment. She still was a good friend - she just asked him. She gave him no ultimatum, or anything of the sort. But he lied to her. That's wrong. No, they're not a couple. But now I see him as a cheater trying to cover up his tracks with lies - not cool. I'm rather disappointed in him. Not only did he cheat (and I never shipped him with Bay to begin with), but he lied about it as often as he could. He evaded. He seemed no different than other guys who know that they're going to be caught and still try to lie their way out of it. His honesty with Bay seemed more of a last resort. He'd already lied to his best friend about cheating on his girlfriend. How low could he possibly sink? How is Bay to trust him? How is Daphne, when it's revealed that Emmett did in fact sleep with Simone? At least the Bay/Daphne friendship will get stronger.

Liked Travis. I could really ship Travis w/Daphne. He was hilarious. John/Melody was funny too.

Kathryn/lawyer ... eh. Bummed about the whole "marriage of legality" thing cause I don't mind Regina/Patrick.
Yeah, Emmett is officially a jerk. I've thought so since episode 17 (if not sooner), but this really seals it for me. Oh well! Bay is better off, and I'm a Wilke/Bay shipper anyway. I too like Daphne/Travis, and since I happen to be a Way shipper... However, I am not a fan of Patrick and ship Regelo, so the marriage of legality sounds good to me!
Old 03-20-2012, 09:53 PM
Addicted Fan

Bay and Emmett aren't going anywhere, they're testing them on purpose according to the writers, watch them work this out.